Why doesn't the White House just suspend CNN's press pass already?

Why doesn't the White House just suspend CNN's press pass already?

They've already proven that they are completely biased, with 93% of their coverage of Trump being negative (dailycaller.com/2017/05/19/harvard-report-there-is-a-huge-anti-trump-bias-in-mainstream-media/).

What's the worst that could happen? CNN write more even more biased stories? At this point, they can't do anymore damage than they already have.

Besides, this will also send a stern message to all the other news networks to be objective or risk being shut out of WH press briefings. Seems like this should be the way to go, rather than just putting up with their shit day in day out. Why hasn't the WH done this already?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E5Mj2gnsHGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wkvvAQxxo_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Don't let this slide

I want to see Acosta booted out of a press event. I'd pay good money to see security yoke him right out of his seat.

Him and his entire organization should have been banned months ago. The WH should allow only objective news media for press briefings

It's probably still too soon and CNN has not shot itself in the foot bad enough yet. If Trump did it now they can still try to manufacture outrage which could linger on more than it should. If they get caught red handed doing some fucked up shit then Trump can toss them out on their ass with little to no blow back since CNN will have a proven track record of fuckery that most normal Americans will see that cannot be denied.

>with 93% of their coverage of Trump being negative

It's not CNN's fault Trump keeps tweeting.

It will be hard to get another opportunity. CNN is probably cracking down on leakers or PV agents in their organization. I doubt O'keefe can get anything else out of CNN in the near future

Maybe but don't give up hope. THe last few days the media has been forced to eat its own shit and this helps set up precedent. Remember; Rome wasn't built in a day and the Carthage News Network is already floundering pretty bad.

>93% of their coverage of Trump being negative
Just stating the facts

They need to hire Norm

I agree with you they should've shut them down after the van jones vid

do you think normal people care about his shitpost tweets?

CNN could be perceived as a victim, and the other networks might protest in tandem with them.

because CNN is easy to use as a distraction

Because the WH has a very liberal interpretation of freedom of the press. CNN should not have a press pass.

I think it's a union thing. If they kick out cnn, they could lose so many. And that is lost coverage.

I really don't get the point of White House press briefings when the internet exists.

The other networks are already banding together to protest the WH's treatment of the media, like guy in pic related, who was treated as some sort of hero for being a indignant retard.

I don't see how much more negative they can get about Trump if they all got their press passes revoked.

>Why doesn't the White House just suspend CNN's press pass already?
Do you honestly not see that the government punishing news outlets because it doesn't like what they're printing is as close to tyranny as it gets?

Tyranny is denying someone basic rights under the law.

The press pass is a privilege handed out to selected media outlets.

CNN can still print whatever story they want to, no one's stopping them. Its just that their privilege will be checked, bigly.

Because the President's media team are establishment pussies.

Unfortunately, CNN isn't the only one. Matter of fact, it seems John Gizzi is the only regular questioner who should even be let in.
Most, if not all, of the other daily hacks do no better than Acosta's questioning and are much more disrespectful and antagonistic.

Who the fuck is this?

Don't let this slide, goyim.

Looks like that asshole from playboy magazine, just looking to get some cameratime. WTH playboy is even doing there is beyond me, though.

b/c then it would give them legitimate reason to "resist"

by keeping them there it only makes it worse for CNN. Acosta routinely throws fits when he laments about how CNN is treated by Spicey.

it makes them look unprofessional and unhinged. kek

youtube.com/watch?v=E5Mj2gnsHGQ

Reporter from Playboy Magazine. Like how the fuck does Playboy Magazine get a WH press pass? And why is he allowed to speak out of turn? Should have been tossed out

You honestly think the White House has been outsmarting any news outlet? They're in fucking shambles and if you can't admit that you're deluding yourselves.

>Tyranny is denying someone basic rights under the law.
Nope. It's forcing people to say things you agree with, and punishing them if they fail to comply.
>The press pass is a privilege handed out to selected media outlets.
The government should never be in the business of punishing individuals for their speech. Denying CNN the pass they have had for decades while extending it to more cowardly competitors would be the most un-American thing Trump has done yet.

>outsmarting

where did I imply that?

they are fucking with them and taking these elitist muppets down a peg. Their once glorious job of being WH sycophants and power schmoozers is over. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to tarnish their self-important prestige they have robed themselves in.

>they are fucking with them

That implies that they're outsmarting them, and that's laughable. They've been an absolute embarrassment.

They enjoy Acosta?

Being this silly. You need to go back to Sillyland, on your silly boat, silly billy.

Doing so would be pretentious. Sometimes, you have to throw the peasants a bone.

They are too useful. A mere tweet can whip them into a frenzy that captures the attention of the entire country.

Watch this video and you'll understand:

youtube.com/watch?v=wkvvAQxxo_0

That would be a very small list of media. objectivity is impossible though, at least being purely objective

The only thing embarassing is the media sanctioned "resistance" against the Trump administration.

>OMG There's a Republican president we need to form a resistance! We are totally like on the run from the gestapo!
I fucking WISH Trump was half the fascist the left paints him as, so they would really have something to "resist" as they start to get disappeared one by one.

>Nope. It's forcing people to say things you agree with, and punishing them if they fail to comply.

Like how the media attacks Trump because he doesn't say the things they agree with? And then going all out and attacking him constantly, to the point of creating a false narrative constantly to delegitimise a sitting President?

"Tyranny" goes both ways.

The press pass is not an entitlement. It is simply a privilege, that can be revoked at anytime.

Shouldn't they be tried for treason?

I totally agree with OP sentiment

baby booty bothered by brumpf? oh sweetie...

Actually now that I thought of it that wouldn't pass, but what's the correct crime for knowingly endangering (is that the correct term even) national security?

>Like how the media attacks Trump because he doesn't say the things they agree with?
Same way that Fox relentlessly attacked Obama? Yup. That's the media's right as private citizens. The immense power of the State can never be used to muzzle dissent.

>false narrative constantly to delegitimise a sitting President?
Obama didn't punish Fox, so there is no precedent for what you are proposing.

>"Tyranny" goes both ways.
False. The media have no power over our lives. The government has almost unlimited power over our lives.

>objective news media
Doesn't exist because nobody would watch it.

Because CNN is working with Trump to get ratings.

It's bad-guy wrestling, CNN is the heel.

I think the better move would be to give them an ultimatum. Either admit you are biased and have been lying to your viewers by saying you are not biased OR have your press pass permanently revoked. That way if he does revoke it he at least gave them one last chance to be honest.

>Obama didn't punish Fox, so there is no precedent for what you are proposing.

What would he punish them for?

In any case, Obama did go after conservatives with the IRS

Sedition?

>What would he punish them for?
Them going all out and attacking him constantly, to the point of creating a false narrative constantly to delegitimise a sitting President? I thought you said that Trump should punish that.

>Obama did go after conservatives with the IRS
Cool. Please prove that Obama ordered the IRS to target conservatives. Thanks.

Yeah that could be it. Thanks.

Maybe they just will!

>facts and critical thinking
>CNN

eh, its just for ratings.
I want to see what Trump told the press in that meeting he had after the election.

Look, if Joe Shmoe blogger doesn't get a press pass, it's not tyranny. CNN has no reason to be there since they literally DO NOT REPORT NEWS. It's been 6 straight months of hammering away at a 'story' that was just revealed to be a 'nothingburger' 24 hrs a day. At what point do you say, ok, this organization isn't even news? Just because CNN wants to be there, it doesn't mean they should be there.

It's not news. It's a big giant liberal gimmick.