French Foreign Legion

Can I request a redpill on these guys? I've done a substantial amount of reading on them and while I know it seems like the fucking shittiest place in the world, I want to do five years of it. I'm a 19 year old Canadian dude currently in university, what would my prospects look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DF6PenFuZOk
youtube.com/watch?v=aVRlx92yyyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll bump with some pictures I guess

nothing good to do there desu

Show up at Augbane, keep your head down and dont ask why - no matter what. Youll harden up, you'll think you're missing shit back home. You won't be. Accept your lot in life at this point. For many it will be an upgrade, as a westerner it'll be a downgrade so figure it out quick or you're fucked. Start running now, early and often. Dont eat like a pro athlete either before you go, eat clean and basic. Dont wanna gain useless mass before they shed it from you. Just dont quit user, no matter what shit happens. Dont quit.

youtube.com/watch?v=DF6PenFuZOk

Have a legion song leaf.

Does it feel isolated? Like you sort of don't know what's happening in the world? 5 years is a long time...

And the original.

I would like to join to fight ISIS, but Macron is a cuck.

I've done a lot of reading on the FFL. They're pretty cool but the training will be intense. It's not a requirement to speak French but you are WAY more likely to get in if you are Francophone.

You must be relatively fit but the main thing they care about is NOT DESERTING. The training will be unpleasant and the officers are not there to be your friends; they will not be kind or forgiving in any way. They take men with broken or criminal pasts, men who will not desert because they have nothing to go back to.

You have to pass IQ tests, basic fitness and strength tests as well as (most importantly) a psychological and motivation test.

Forgott link

youtube.com/watch?v=aVRlx92yyyQ

I think once you can read French they let you read French Newspapers.

I don't expect you to know the answer, but my reason for joining is mostly wanderlust. It seems like they would take that the wrong way in that I have a high chance to desert.

I'm not terribly worried about any of the tests, but what said is pretty good advice...I've been lifting and eating a lot, so I'll have to switch my diet.

You'll feel extremely isolated. You will be a number, you're face and who you are personally wont matter. They'll look right through you and just expect you to outperform the standard. If they learn your name early, whatever you go by, then you will have it much worse. The isolation, to a westerner, will be difficult. Youll cry user. It is expected to some extent. You will cry silently into your pillow at night but you will get up the next day and keep going. No suicide attempts, no escape. Just keep on and do not quit. Minor corporal punishments will happen. Take it however you can.do not quit

As a legionnaire, you pledge allegiance to the Legion itself, not the French state. You are essentially a mercenary.

I heard they will make uncomfortable questions during some psychological test. Especially on your past. If you want to join them keep it cool and don't freak out. I heard they asked a guy with a sister if he fucks her. They guy lost his mind and tried to kill the officer. He was kicked out.

Another important thing. Don't think about being a super soldier like Rambo. Follow every order and don't get furious at them. They will insult, slap and punch you. You accept the beating and go on.

Yet, the french state will determine were you will fight.

Yes do a lot of body weight work out, like pull up, push up and crunches.

Its truly an interesting experience living in a first world country, you have everything easily and handed to you and because of that you feel the urge to make retarded life choices.
Really makes me think.

When you are planning to go leaf? i meet you there. 23yo nothing to lose hue.

Yeah, I read they care more about aerobic fitness than strength. You can maintain strength easily but building aerobic fitness is a challenge.

Also, state that you have clear career ambitions in the legion; like maybe you want to join the 2nd Parachute regiment or be a military engineer.

Genuinely bad idea.
Military service doesn't "make a man out of you" and you're going to end up fighting off malaria in some sub saharan mud pit if you actually stomach the training regiment. And you probably won't. Just join your own country's army.

Just like any army, nothing new there.

>Do lot of sports (running mainly)
>answer honestly during the selections
>the first 4 months will be difficult after its OK
>fix yout teeth (if you have holes in them, or you will be sent away )
>speaking french is an advantage but not a requirement (same goes for military service)

t. actual Legionnaire

Join the Free Burma Rangers instead of being a French faggot. Do the world some good.

When the opportunity to eat arises, do so and do nothing else. When people steal from you account for it immediately, perform in the confrontation and save your sacred honor. Take the coming punishment on the chin. Never steal.

>t. actual Legionnaire

pic or it didn't happen! =P

Well a slav guy who speaks Italian made some YouTube videos on the subject. He said some Italian guys who served in the Italian army, quit because they didn't like the harsh and disrespectful treatment they were getting from the officers.

He told about when he was in the hospital with a broken foot, while in the legion. He was with other two guys. The officer came from the daily 40 km march and said "so you think you can escape the march?", since they were all hospitalized. He started throwing punches in the stomach of the guys in the hospital.

It's all a fucking bad idea. Joining any country's army is the same. You'll still get PTSD following service. Anyone who doesn't is a fucking psycho.

Can't be arsed to post a pic of my beret with timstamp , he either takes my advice or not , idc

Anyways, there are a LOT of ppl wanting to join in Paris or Aubagne

>ITT: Leftard-downie thinks that joining the military means you'll see combat.

Where is the best place to try?

Most soldiers don't get PTSD.

The interesting thing about the Legion is I want to find out what kind of person I am. I want to see if I am mentally strong enough.

I hate myself and I want to be someone different. The Legion is a baptism of fire that will change a person into a different kind of human being.

I'll say it again, if you've got enough of a brain to get into a university and are willing to visit naughty boo boo no-no websites like Sup Forums then you're probably not going to take to the psychological aspect of military training very well. Unless you are very much a sociopath it'll break your spirit and any action you might see will probably fuck you up.

I am in University.
What has Sup Forums got to do with the psychological aspect of training? Genuinely asking.

I'm no sociopath but I have considered suicide before.

The whole point is to be broken down as a person so you can be built up again as a a team.

Whats the point? Back in the day they were useful to escape prison, they dont do that anymore. If you want an elite unit just join your country's army and try to go into a speciality unit like commandos, paratroopers, etc.
The army can be tempting when you dont know what to do with your life but it is a shitty life, you are property of the state and if you are from a country like America you will end up in a shitty 3rd world country fighting for jewish interests, dont be that guy.

there's a good chance you'll end up in French Guinea shooting at literal gold digging south Americans in the Rainforest.

seems bretty gud, desu

>depressive
It's a bad idea because it's designed to make you servile. FFL has to double down on this since most of their prospects are coming from criminal or third world backgrounds from what I can tell. If you're lacking discipline or structure in your life there are better ways of seeking that out.

The Sup Forums thing is a generalization but I would say that most people coming here would take issue to doing what other people tell them, especially in a quasi-abusive environment.

>I hate myself
Get a therapist and fix yourself. Military service is not a magic solution to your problems, on the contrary, will only make it worse

It doesnt really matter wether you go to Fort Nogent (Paris) or Aubagne

But it is slightly better if you go straight to Aubagne because then you have to wait less for the selection

Jungle diseases aren't fun.

you can quit, but they'll lock you in a cell.

Do they take education into account? For example do you go to an engineer regiment if you are an engineer?

That's why you dont quit. Why do you think I kept reinforcing it.

>wanting to join poor mans special forces
>not joining your own countrys elite service
>share nationality, culture, language
>entitled to lifetime benefits, actual salary, and family bond with squad countrymen

youre a dumb LARPing leaf faggot anyways so none of this matters

I think the chance is rather high you get sent to African countries, ex colonial territory, where there are conflicts nobody else gives a fuck about. At least you'll do something good in your life.

Why do you post this on Sup Forums? Why don't you ask this from FFL forums instead? Are you stupid? If you bothered to read and find out you'd find out that it is a place for people who want a military career. If you have this attitude "it seems like the fucking shittiest place in the world" I don't think you want to say "I want to do five years of it". Are you even fit, mentally and physically? I doubt that. You are too stupid to find information.

Since you bothered replying to a thread you don't like, here's a (you)

But at least Macaroni does not think there is a suitable replacement for Assad...so he is somewhat intelligent

Outside of Algeria you're going to run into malaria at the very least. I wouldn't call gunning down other people a positive or life affirming experience.

You are waste of human flesh as well. Don't tell me what I like and what I don't like on anonymous image board.

You have no fucking idea what the is like user...believe me, I have lived there and it is not all peaches and cream

go do some crime in France, when you go to prison say you want to be part of the legion...

Do BOPE training before

Enjoy

Ok sorry

(you)

lol what? Even in the deadliest year of the Iraq/Afghanistan conflict being a soldier on Combat Arms meant that you have a 56.1 in 100,000 chance of dying. Lumberjacks and fishermen have been consistently over the 120 mark for decades.
Also more than 60% of deaths in the military, even the combat arms is by accidents, not getting blown up or shot.

I assume however we are referring to the United States military here.

Bad idea

>be cannon fodder for the French
>if you die, no one cares
>They will pay you, but not withhold taxes
>About to be free
>user, you owe 10,000 euro taxes, or you can sign up
>Do 10 years instead of 5 years
>be 30 with no work skills and a broken body
>Unless maimed you don't get french citizenship

Do it. Life isnt some fucking track where you have to follow the fucking "meta" like some video game.

In fifty fucking years youll look back, and not regret a thing. You might hate it at first but then it become the best years of your life.

Full of brown people and they always pick on whites.

Why not just join the Royal Marines dude? It's for your nation, you will get some of the best training in the world, and actual get a half decent pay with benefits.

You don't seem to have any knowledge about the actual topic. Why don't you contribute something instead of being a little pussy faggot?

a) Be fit. When you can run 10 km without any effort you are probably there. Practice the beep test, they don't do Cooper any longer.

b) Earlier in 2000 FFL had influx of people from former Eastern European countries, Moldova etc. I doubt it has changed since, it's probably even worse now looking at how the geopolitical situation is.

c) Take care of your personal life before you try to apply. Read as much as you can about FFL and join the FFL forum. If you are a smart boy you will probably find it. If you have a criminal record it might be an issue if it's related to violence and repeat offences. Minor crime doesn't necessarily be an issue.

c) Depending on the time when you apply it might be hard to get it even if you manage to do the tests well enough. They might dismiss you even if you have a rash on your back because there are always better candidates available. It might be a good idea to apply during Christmas time for example.

d) You need to know what military life is. It is very boring. Previous military experience is a good thing to have. Don't fantasize about FFL and think of it in any romantic light.

>I'm a 19 year old Canadian dude

I've seen interviews with actual FFL soldiers who completed their tours. Supposedly the Legion is organized like a prison in a sense that various nationalities have their own gangs so not only will the officers fuck your shit up, unless you're part of a *gang* you'll get fucked up by fellow soldiers just cause. Needless to say there aren't many ANZACs, Brits or Burgers in the Legion, while there are plenty of Spics, Negros, Russians, Balkanshits, Arabs, etc.

The famed esprit d'corps is non existent and officers have no qualms about mistreating or abusing soldiers for no reason. One of the guys interviewed was an Aussie fellow who got beaten to an inch of his life while on guard duty, when a group of drunk officers were returning to base (officially they shouldn't be leaving the base)

It's rough, probably rougher and way less organized than proper military training. A 19 year old first worlder with no prior military experience would find himself in the deep pretty fast. I know for a fact that a lot of people from these parts (Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia) went to join the Legion in the late 90s - most of them were repeating criminals and hardened veterans, in their late 20s, early 30s. This is the psychological profile they're looking for - complete self reliance, prior experience, ice cold demeanor, etc.

So you are 19 and don't have any previous military experience. Why not join Canadian army first and then if you like it or not, try to join FFL after few years...

Try and tell us

epic autism bro

Dat butthurt

Is this a LARP thread??

Really? he made a long ass reply in response to something I didnt ask. I didnt even read it.

It was for the thread