Non-Regressive Liberal General

Come and talk about what you think it means to be a true liberal. Here are my views, feel free to discuss them.

> Strongly pro-gun. Background checks at the most.
> Universal healthcare is good.
> Take care of the poor with a generous social safety net/welfare.
> Let LGBT people marry, or at least get the government out of it. Churches can be allowed to deny a gay couple from marriage if they wish.
> Private businesses can discriminate for any reason they want (they don't have to bake the cake for a gay person if they don't want to).
> 3rd-wave feminism and PC culture is toxic to society.
> Federal Reserve should be ended.
> Anti-establishment.
> Drugs should be legalized and the War on Drugs should be ended.
> Non-interventionist foreign policy.
> Anti-TPP/NAFTA and pro-protectionism.
> Against NSA Spying/mass surveilance

agree

bamp

What about your immigration policy?

>abolition of alodial land ownership
>abolition of all taxes on activities consumptive, productive and recreational
>full capture of ground rents

basically turn America into a full Georgist country

My man

So, basically Conservativism?

Why do we need a specific thread for that?

Geoism is the best system
>Georgeism reconciles common land rights with private tenure, free markets and modern capitalism.

>Those who got the upper hand by securing land tenures would support public services, so wages and commerce and capital formation could go untaxed.
>To pay the taxes, landowners would have to use the land by hiring workers (or selling to owner-operators and owner-residents). This would raise demand for labor; labor, through consumption, would raise demand for final products.
>To pay the workers, landowners would have to produce and sell goods, hereby raising supply and precluding inflation. Needed capital would come to their aid by virtue of its being untaxed. Thus, George would cut the Gordian knot of modern dilemma-bound economics by raising demand, raising supply, raising incentives, improving equity, freeing up the market, supporting government, fostering capital formation, and paying public debts, all in one simple stroke.
>George's proposal enables us to lower taxes on labor without raising taxes on capital. Indeed, it lets us lower taxes on both labor and capital at once, and without reducing public revenues.
>Georgist tax policy reconciles equity and efficiency. Taxing land is progressive because the ownership of land is so highly concentrated among the most wealthy,'8 and because the tax may not be shifted. It is efficient because it is neutral among rival land-use options: the tax is fixed, regardless of land use. This is one favourable point on which many modern economists actually agree, although they keep struggling against it
> Georgist tax policy contains urban sprawl, and its heavy associated costs, without overriding market decisions or consumer preferences, simply by making the market work better. land values are the product of demand for location; they are marked by continuity in space. That shows quite simply that people demand compact settlement and centrality. A well-oiled land market will give it to them.

> Georgist tax policy creates jobs without inflation, and without deficits. "Fiscal stimulus," in the shallow modern usage, is a euphemism for running deficits, often with funny money. George's proposed land tax might be called, rather, "true fiscal stimulus". It stimulates demand for labor by promoting employment; it precludes inflation as the labor produces goods to match the new demand. It precludes deficits because it raises revenue. That is its peculiar reconciliatory genius: it stimulates private work and investment in the very process of raising revenue. It is the only tax of any serious revenue potential that does not bear down on and suppress production and exchange. As I have noted, George's fiscal policy takes two problems and composes them into one solution.

> George's land tax lets a polity attract people and capital en masse, without diluting its resource base. This is by virtue of synergy, the ultimate rationale for Chamber-of-Commerce boosterism. Urban economists like William Alonso have illustrated the power of such synergy by showing that bigger cities have more land value per head than smaller ones. (Land value is the resource base of a city.) Urbanists like Jane Jacobs and Holly Whyte have written on the intimate details of how this works on the streets. Julian Simon (The Ultimate Resource) philosophizes on the power of creative thought generated when people associate freely and closely in large numbers. Henry George made the same points in 1879

>Georgist policies encourage the conservation of ecology and environment while also making jobs, by abating sprawl. It is a matter of focusing human activity on the good lands, thus meeting demands there and relieving the pressure to invade lands that are now wild and marginal for human needs. Sprawl in the urban environment is the kind most publicized, but there is analogous sprawl in agriculture, forestry, mining, recreation and other land uses and industries.

You just listed the sensible policies almost every man can agree with.
Too bad we'll never actually have a candidate like this, because a someone who actually supports this full set of policies is one who works for the people he represents, and not (((Them))).

Tax Land Not Man

spread the gospel brother

>Universal healthcare is good.
>Take care of the poor with a generous social safety net/welfare

No thanks. Fuck that bullshit

>fuck you, got mine

>fuck my fellow man and citizen

Oh shit, I guess I'm a faggot liberal

daily reminder that the only land you can own is the amount that you can physically defend and control.

classic millionaire in waiting mindset

The other shit sounds good tho

>> Strongly pro-gun. Background checks at the most.

Yes

>> Universal healthcare is good.

Yes

>>> Take care of the poor with a generous social safety net/welfare.

Yes

>> Let LGBT people marry, or at least get the government out of it. Churches can be allowed to deny a gay couple from marriage if they wish.

Yes

>> 3rd-wave feminism and PC culture is toxic to society.

Irrelevant

>> Anti-establishment.

No

>> Drugs should be legalized and the War on Drugs should be ended.

Yes

>> Non-interventionist foreign policy.

Yes

>> Anti-TPP/NAFTA and pro-protectionism.

Wrong wrong wrong populists are retarded and so is that idea

Any non-regressive leftist has to be redpilled on Islam. Muslims are the enemies of liberalism. Bill Maher and Sam Harris are the only two I'm aware of.

Pretty much me, I'd add repeal the 1965 immigration act as well.

> populists are retarded

Not all populists are protectionists
see pic related

A question to people who agree with OP. How do you categorize yourself when they ask about your political views? Progressive, anti-regressive or leftist-libertarian? I refrain from the basic left-right buzzwords since people put me in a box before my full answer.

dont you hoppe fags have your own memwave thread?>

the radical center?

maybe Geolibertarian?

>universal healthcare is good
My money does not belong to people that live unhealthy lives.
>welfare
My money does not belong to people that don't want to work.
>Let LGBT people marry
I guess. Gay men specifically need to take a minute away from the bedroom and acknowledge the number of physical and mental health problems associated with their promiscuity.

This is your nationalism on capitalism.

> 3rd-wave feminism and PC culture is toxic to society.

Non-Regressive Liberal General 2027
> 4th-wave feminism and PC culture is toxic to society.

Non-Regressive Liberal General 2027
> 5th-wave feminism and PC culture is toxic to society.

etc.

>My money

what if i abolish every tax and replace government funding with the capture of economic rent instead?

Land value and the extraction of it, rentier capitalism, is profiting off of community created/enhanced value in the first place

Meant 2037 in the last one but you get the idea

>my money does not belong to people that live unhealthy lives
but it's perfectly okay for the government to waste your money on a daily basis?
>my money does not belong to people that don't want to work
sometimes, people have an inability to work or have fallen through the cracks and need help, however, this is not to say freeloaders deserve help without any effort on their part.

I'm a liberal because unlike conservatives, I enjoy having an economy.

I always perceived Conservatism as something that is ever changing or at least should be. It's all about retaining traditional values but traditions do change over time and are different worldwide. Conservatives from the 21th century and conservatives a 100 years ago should be vastly different due to change in culture and traditions.
You know exactly that not everyone agrees with these.
Radical center to me always seemed redundant. I understand what it's about but they should have a better name for it. Isn't being radical supposed to mean that you are going left or right on the spectrum?

Solid

"My money" are you this retarded those are US dollars, created and controlled by the US government.

And along comes the literal Syrian refugee

Based Tulsi amirite?

This is a foreign concept to me. If you're asking me if I'd be okay with the government seizing and charging people money to live on their land, I would say no. The government is not a thing or a person, it can not own a land. Country ought to belong to the people that inhabit it.
>It's okay for the government to waste your money on a daily basis?
Taxation is theft. I'm okay with giving up my money for only certain projects.
>People fall through the cracks and need help
Charities can do this for them, I should not be held at gunpoint and forced to help them. Or maybe I would, but such a system is impossible to maintain right now. Fix immigration and offer welfare only for native citizens and maybe I'd be more generous.
It's currency owned by a citizen of america who agreed to give me a certain amount of that currency based on the work I do and how long I work. a mutual exchange between two parties, where government does not exist except to tax the both of us for projects we don't support. Will the government force a soup tax on me if I mow someone's lawn in exchange for dinner?

>but it's perfectly okay for the government to waste your money on a daily basis?
Pretty sure that's the opposite of what he just said.

You actually opened my mind to a new idea, thanks man.

Fucking druids

I get the general gist of it, but it's not really working for me.

I can agree to all of that

No, because government would have no authority to dictate when, how, or by whom land itself is used; it would only have the authority to ensure the rent of land goes to everyone on an equal basis, since all individuals have an equal right to the use of land. Henry George put it thusly:

"We do not propose to assert equal rights to land by keeping land common, letting any one use any part of it at any time. We do not propose the task, impossible in the present day of society, of dividing land in equal shares; still less the yet more impossible task of keeping it so divided.
"We propose--leaving land in the private possession of individuals, with full liberty on their part to give, sell or bequeath it--simply to levy on it for public uses a tax that shall equal the annual value of the land itself, irrespective of the use made of it or the improvements on it....We would accompany this tax on land values with the repeal of all taxes now levied on the products and processes of industry--which taxes, since they take from the earnings of labor, we hold to be infringements of the right of property."

Replace welfare with a job placement program and decriminalize drugs instead of legalizing them

Welfare destroys morale. People need jobs more than money
Legalized drugs will just lead to (((regulations)))

So they would repeal all taxes and impose much larger taxes on land owners? If I'm reading that correctly.
It's an interesting concept, and while it feels like a step in the right direction, it brings one big question to mind: How would businesses function? If the taxation on land is excessive, it would only be sustainable by the biggest, largest industries. The idea would obliterate any sense of free market by making it impossible to own any land without already having access to the kind of money made by global franchises. That would make the class divide preached by the typical communist very real and kind of scary.

Pro gun.

Against universal this and that.... It goes against my pro-evolution views. Luck and skill have always been at play. To prop up anyone for either reason goes against what I feel is the name of the game.

Again, no handouts. Don't feed the animals, it just makes them worse off in the long run due to overpopulation.

Let LGBT do whatever they want.

Ya, no one should have to work for anyone they don't want to. That's slavery

Feminism is not equality.

FED should end, but not many have a good alternative that doesn't shit the economy during a transfer.

Minarchist

Drugs, only if you don't hurt others or ask for anyone to pay for your fuckups.

Leave everyone alone unless they hurt or threaten to hurt someone.

Trade only with similar standard of living countries. Can't compete with Chinese living 8 people to a dorm room unless we live the same. Don't want that.

Privacy should be a given.

you are operating on the assumption that a taxing entity is a net benefit on society
a blockchain based entity with a flat land tax is pretty incorruptible but what do the taxes go towards? that question is like putting leaks in a boat in a sea full of communist parasites

True Liberal means:

FUCK TYRANNY
HURT NO ONE
DO WHAT I WANT

The rest is AIDS and can die.

riggedit.com/corruption-2/

>true left
categories are dumb. there is stuff that make sense. There is stuff that doesn't.

This is 100% me

Registered democrat. Phoenix AZ

Who fucking cares about what you think a "true liberal" is? Your party is run by (((Bolsheviks))) who have completely banished all forms of nationalism from your party, including civic nationalism.

The useful idiots that refuse to acknowledge that have been completely purged from power and are openly mocked by the party elite. I run across idiots like you all the time, especially living in a semi-rural area. I encounter liberals that still think that guys like JFK and FDR still have any relevance. Newsflash, they haven't since the New Left seized power in the 60s.

True but the conservatives argue that it's measure put in place during their leadership which lead to the eventual job creation boom which is then demolished by the liberal.

I agree with everything but I do support the Civil Rights Act of 64'.

I support post-workism. Universal Income, do away with a large majority of welfare programs. Save money, invest it elsewhere. We are heading towards a future in which many will be without a job through no fault of their own.

Of course it matters. Thinking like it doesn't matter is just defeatist.
Convince others of what you think a 'true liberal' is and take back the party.
If the Republican party can undergo the changes it did in the past couple of years, then so can the Democratic party.
The USA is a big country with a lot of people and since the Republican and Democratic parties are the only 2 parties of relevance in the election they aren't monolithic entities you know? Each party itself covers a wide range of people with differing opinions, all it takes is to shift the focus to the ideals of what you consider a 'true liberal'.
A hard thing to do, but still possible.

Except liberals raise taxes on the economy, Republicans the economy will crash, then the economy soars and conservatives say it was their doing all along

I fucked up that sentence.

Except liberals raise taxes on the rich, Republicans say the economy will crash, then the economy soars and conservatives say it was their doing all along

We're a good 100 years away from automation taking enough jobs away that'd require UBI, give or take 20 years. In the meantime there's no reason some sub-90 IQ H1B needs a job more than a native that can more than likely learn faster and do better

Fucking Obama leaf.

>Anti-Establishment
How can liberals be Anti-Establishment when lefty-liberalism *is* the establishment, and has been for over 50 years?

"establishment" is based around foreign policy and has been for decades

(and corporatism)