>no one will shut the fuck up about acid rain
>2017
>haven't heard it mentioned in over ten years
Why are scientists such lying scammers?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/story/2006/07/06/bald-eagle-ddt-myth-still-flying-high.html
youtu.be/0XbLz0L6UdI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't remember that about 2002, perhaps you've travelled through a wormhole and are not in the same universe that you were back then?

I member

I remember too friendo

>2002
>no one will shut the fuck up about cell phones causing cancer
>2017
>haven't heard it mentioned in over ten years

It's not scientists, but the over-zealous media preaching "doomsday" who gave a couple biased studies (largely ignored by professionals) too much credibility in order to scare the people into tuning into their shows.

Same shit with global warming.

Thats because you werent born yet kiddo

I remember going to a nuclear power plant on a school trip when I was like 7 and they had this exhibit set in 2030 where some kid is on the phone to her friend complaining that they can't see each other because of the acid rain outside.

Literally haven't heard anyone say 'acid rain' since about 1998.

Actually this is interesting, my history teacher (total sjw) won't stop talking about it, I guess she's in the minority of people who even remember

>acid rain
>2002
No, more like the Eighties, brah. You're just dumb is all.

Geoengineering solved that but now we have bacteria, viruses, biowaste, toxins, heavy metals, and other contaminates in our rain and air.

KILL OR BE SLAUGHTERED NOOB

Science = business like everything else

I'm always amazed when otherwise rational people elevate scientists to the status of gods and assume that they aren't motivated by the same fucking impulses that motivate everyone else just because they have a 4 year piece of paper from an indoctrination camp.

call me kiddo another time

Because there was a fuck-ton of work done putting sulphur scrubbers and the like into power stations. This is like asking "So why is the ozone layer not dissolving as fast any more"? Well because we cut back on using CFC compounds, duh. Why is acid rain less of an issue? Because we did something about it.

I mean, are you just stupid or something? Or what?

I'm very curious about this topic. Supposedly, forest around heavily contaminated areas were almost melting, some lands like the Dover pass were going to disappear, etc. All this between 1995-2005

Because all legit ones get excommunicated for not lying. (((Science))) is bought and paid by corporate interests. Look up (scholar.google.com) the effects of personal care products in parts per billion levels on amphibians in US watersheds. That's trace trace trace amounts of shit (by which I mean small molecule metabolites and whatever the fuck conditioner your wife uses) you cannot filter at waste facilities it's everywhere. Gee I wonder where all this autism comes from...

also I guess that hole in the ozone layer just went away? or

This,

There was a time when bald eagles where disappearing really quickly, we banned DDT and fixed that problem.

sometimes humanity can get shit done

Same with holes in ozone layer

I memba

Scientist here, it's still an issue but people have more important things to talk about
Also
Are retarded

>we banned DDT and fixed that problem.
That's been debunked for over 10 years, pal

foxnews.com/story/2006/07/06/bald-eagle-ddt-myth-still-flying-high.html

t. bought and paid for corporate shill defending his masters

There were millions of babies killed by satin worshipper, the hole in the ozone caused by Styrofoam and hair spray, global freezing we were all going to be living underground by 2000, acid rain killing the forests. And over population. Nuclear war with Russia and now global warming. And extinction of all the lower life forms. All in the first 40 years of my life.

Never mind, a quick search about the topic confirms is right. Can vaguely recall the sulphur prohibitions everywhere.

1: That's a deferent issue. 2: Yeah it's healing because we stoped dumping so much ozone damaging stuff into the air.

lol fox news. Got an actual source, friendo?

I'm an advocate for plos
How am I a shill

cellphone radiation used to be much more powerful than it is now. it used to be a legitimate concern but they are much more efficient and use lower energy now.

Not an argument, LARPer

Duhhhhh fire fighter told me there is a forest fire and they are putting it out, but I looked in the area a few days later and there is no fire!!! DAMM libs!!!! Also cooling was a media meme from data that was loosing the debate of global warming vs cooling.

>There were millions of babies killed by satin worshipper,
lol I remember that

It was all fun and games till the FBI started threatening prison time.

You do not understand scientists. Its the media taking a scientists word and blowing it up disproportionatly. And then retards thunk that science claims something that was neither implied nor was there any evidence just because some fucling Journalist needs clicks and money.

Same here. Acid rain is now just a cool fantasy.

Scientist here as well but even a basic understanding isnt necessary to detect the hurr durr in OPs question. Went to boarding school in vermont in 86, and you could see whole landscapes and mountainsides of conifers devastated. Spent a lot of time fly fishing in upstate NY, same thing. Now i go with my son to those same places and up into cansda when he travels to play hockey. Not as bad as it was but still not good. Most lakes in that area arent good for fishing anymore. Generation (s) of kids will miss out on that. Fuck capitalsim and fuck general motors.

What ever happened to killer bees? Did Monsanto kill them off?

>2002

That's really pushing it. Acid Rain was definitely not a new millennium meme - it was very prevalent in the 70's and 80's. Go ahead and ask your parents about it. My parents told me that people were convinced that (by our time today) rain would be so 'acidic' from pollution that it would be corrosive, and corrode metals and maybe even skin on contact. That it would destroy soil and you wouldn't be able to grow corps anymore. Climate change movement is a bolshevik plot, it always has been. Its entire purpose is total global control, literally seizing the means of production in major countries. It's communism, global communism.

This

fucking tard
kys

>2006
>netherlands will drown
>2016
>0 floodings
>mfw

This.

>Gentlemen, we have an environment problem
>Make some regulations to solve it
>Problem solved
>"REEEE what was the point, I don't see anything"
poltards, everyone

Chemtrails are the new shit

haha, liar

This is what I remember too...

As long as polderbros have a stock of boys with small fingers...

because we cut down co2 and harmful emmissions.

Bullcrap.

climate change, inc. is much, much more profitable and taxable

acid rain = only perceived problems in very specific locations

climate change = OH FUCK CHAAAAAAAAANGE TAKE MY MONEY GOVERNMENT

acid rain is for little league chumps

climate change is big league

Is acid rain even real?

>Why are scientists such lying scammers?

the ones talking about this shit aren't actually scientists, but actual nerds larping as scientists so they can virtue signal how smart they are

literally not a single one of these people has ever read a climate paper

yet they talk about how other people are science 'deniers' when they are science charlatans who lie, assuming that if they can just parrot some talking media heads, they don't need to actually check the data anyway.

>acid rain
>some stay dry
>others feel the pain

i also remember my astronomy professor (astronomy is in many ways applied climatology) openly laughing at the climate change alarmists in class.

indiana still has real universities

Oh wow, I remember my elementary school teacher talking about acid rain nonstop (circa 1994), haven't heard shit about it since.

This. We don't have acid rain anymore because the causation for it was resolved.

Kiddo

Purdue is pretty fuckin great

t. ME grad student

> Some 2 weeks ago I saw a worker doing road maintenance by poisoning weeds around the roadsigns.
> I stopped my car and walked to him.
> I asked what is he doing.
> He said that road maintenance.
> I asked why is he doing it by poisoning the nature
> He said this is harmless poison
> I asked why is he wearing protective gear (white protective suit + respirator mask)
> He said that to protect himself, it is standard issue clothing for him to do this work.
> I said - why if this is harmless
> Something in him broke, he went silent
> Then I asked what happens to bugs and animals who eat this weed he poisons, what happens to those birds that eat poisoned bugs.
> He was silent
> I said him to ask those same questions from those who issue the work clothing and harmless poison to him
> I waved goodbye and drove off
> In the evening I wrote letter to the road maintenance company with those questions.
> Still waiting for answer.
> They have 2 more weeks left to answer to my official letter.
> There will be an article in Estonian media about this.

Something is badly wrong in this world.

Also killer bees

This.
And never forget that majority of the journalists are retarded / half educated / with agenda.

You must be 18 years old to post here.
Go back to myspace fgt.

I remember. Maybe you got amnesia.

Acid rain wasn't even out in 2002 you fucking dimwit.

because now (((they))) want all the old monuments and bulidings to melt away

metal af

Remember we were all doomed because of the coming ice age in the early 70's. Acid rain fags showed up in the early '80. Then Big Al invented invented the internets and global warming.

a-are they making the freaking frogs gay?

They are making the freaking frogs disappear, yes. Fucking up the food chain.

what if he was just poisoning an invasive species of plant and wanted you to leave him alone.

70s: overpopulation / global cooling
80s: acid rain / ozone depletion
90-00s: global warming
10s: DRUMPF

**chocolate

Acid rain is a regional phenomenon.
>no manufacturing industry in USA = no acid rain in USA

You better wear a lead raincoat in China though.

Acid rain was a false flag to cover up the shitty quality paint used on 1980s/90s GM cars and trucks.

oh in the 80s-90s the whales and rainforests were both on the verge of extinction. good times

Nope, those weeds were not invasive species, it is not the case here.
He was poisoning weeds around the road signs because maintenance company sees it as cheaper alternative to trimming them with cutter - the big machines they use to cut the roadsides can not cut very close to signposts.
Money is the source of evil there.
Fuck the nature - there is no profit in bugs and birds.

Because regulations kicked it and it got fixed, probably. I don't remember it being talked about in 2002, but earlier, yes.

Why tinfoil? Frogs are fragile, environmental poisoning hits them hard and they are pretty big players in foodchain.

Nevermind, I should have looked your flag - you are amerishart, poorly educated retarded mutt who does not care about anything else than his lard ass. If it is not in bible then it does not exist - this is your motto.

>tfw that great threat Reagan was talking about wasn't aliens, but fucking commie global warming

No now they have muslims to plug their dykes

Kill yourself

environmental regulations worked, lmao

>acid rain
I forgot about that shit.
Also we were heading into a new ice age.

i snapped my fingers three times and the sun rose

good on you Estonia bro

haha yeah, only developed countries impact the environment.
The pollution of the 3rd world doesn't effect the planet at all, haha.

I personally cant until all the infrastructure is outsourced to the 3rd world, then our planet will finally be saved, lol.

>microwave radiation
>causing cancer

Acid rain rarely crosses oceans, unlike CO2

That aren't allowed to tell that truth about acid rain because people will panic about it.

i remember i read this in re edited book in 2005, so probably was published around that time
Literally never heard f if later on except from my biology teacher saying it was a meme and the ph would be 6 and not 3 as the media said

fuck man im actually old enough to remember the acid rain shit. holy fuck, what a meme.

Yes, well rain can be acidic. Usually in industrial areas. Not enough to burn your skind or anything though.

>1982
>no one will shut the fuck up about acid rain
>the story essentially disappears mid 1980s
>2002
>it gets mentioned a few times
>
>
haven't heard it mentioned in over ten years
FIFY kiddo

stand in front of a microwave or cell tower for long enough see what happens. there's a reason both those things have strong warning labels

youtu.be/0XbLz0L6UdI

Sup Forums:

Due to the distinct differences culturally, politically, and economically between western and eastern Canada, myself and a group of other Western Canadians are starting a movement called the Western Alliance, which proposes that British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories and the Yukon secede and become one single independent nation, in charge of our own destiny.

If any of you have advice for our movement or are interested in joining, contact us using a throwaway email at [email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------

Western Alliance principles:
>complete independence for Saskatchewan, Yukon, Alberta, NWT, and BC
>laissez faire economic policies for an independent western canada
>restricted immigration
>gun rights
>abandon the British monarchy, create a republic complete with a constitution drafted for the people by the people
>abolition of outdated first nations treaties with the colonial powers
>removal of environmental regulation
>introduction of 10% income tax regardless of income
>abolition of welfare
>introduction of two tier healthcare system
>introduce notion of a western Canadian culture, with its foundation in the Europeans who settled the West: Scots, Englishmen, Frenchmen, Irishmen, Ukrainians, Germans, etc.

>non-ionizing radiation causing cancer

Acid Rain was caused by sulfur in coal released into the atmosphere which then becomes sulfuric acid.
> 1, it wasn't any stronger than Vinegar
> 2, it only fucked up forests and car paint
> 3, they installed coal exhaust scrubbers and FIXED THE PROBLEM, by 2000.

Acid rain is only appreciable in Poland and such other Eastern European countries that had intense industry up to the 21th century. Besides mostly everyone nowadays use proper filters to contain the precipitation of acidic components to the air.

I would say it's not quite scientists at fault here but journals kinda force everyone into being sensational to spot more clicks. Just look at how many types of cancer are "cured" every week. Acid rain was never a world ending problem just like warming probably isn't. But it's definitely something we were right to pay attention to, and we did take measures to prevent it from occurring in excess.

Also do not mistake science for a perfect tool. Scientists fall just as a victim to fads and popular trends than anyone else. Physics for example is going through a huge carbon boon due do graphene and there's immense potential in other materials that is more or less being ignored in favor of the current fad of graphene. Take that as you will, science isn't useless but yeah, it shouldn't be expected to be THAT good.