Stalin More Popular Than Putin, Russians Say

Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin has been voted the most “outstanding” figure in Russia’s history, beating the country’s most beloved poet, Alexander Pushkin, and current Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

The poll, by Russia’s independent Levada Center, is the latest to showcase the changing view amongst Russians of Stalin, who presided over mass deportations, a network of concentration camps—or gulags—and is believed to be responsible for the deaths of around 20 million Soviet citizens.

But for many Russians it is Stalin's role in winning World War II that is remembered and encouraged in government propaganda. Recent approval ratings of Stalin and the man he succeeded—Vladimir Lenin—show that both enjoy majority approval in Russia.
When asked to rank the most extraordinary individuals in their country’s history, 38 percent of Russians pointed to Stalin, Russian news agency Interfax reported. The Georgian-born leader had the largest share of the vote, even if it is slightly lower than the 42 percent share he received in 2012.

Aside from Stalin, he most significant mover and shaker in the ranking was Russian President Vladimir Putin. Breathing down Stalin’s neck with 34 percent of the vote, Putin shared the second place with the great patron of Russian Romantic verse, Alexander Pushkin.

newsweek.com/putin-behind-stalin-top-russias-most-outstanding-people-poll-629032

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/emNUP3EMu98?t=1m40s
aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/08/exposing-great-poverty-reductio-201481211590729809.html
archive.is/rkAZQ
archive.org/stream/YuriBezmenovBlackIsBeautifulCommunismIsNot/YuriBezmenovBlackIsBeautiful_djvu.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=C9lvzzH0STw
youtu.be/5gM_9f6yFDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stalin legit did nothing wrong, no surprise here
Get fucked Yeltsin
Gorbachev was CIA

Why do Russians just eat up the fact that they won without looking up how? The ratio of Soviet casualties to the Nazis is astronomical, and Stalin's Great Purge was directly responsible for the embarrassing Winter War that came before. This is without even considering the millions of people he had killed on his own

It wasnt real capitalism

Maybe the Russians know better than you, fag
>Stalin's Great Purge was directly responsible for the embarrassing Winter War that came before
The Great Purge was justified in removing Jews and other subversives elements from the government
>the millions of people he had killed on his own
What, like a thousand? He's personally responsible for only about that many

>Stalin
>Killed millions of Russians
>Failed to conquer Europe
>Failed to defeat the Allies
>Failed to defeat Germany alone
>Is a Jew
Stalin is the evil bastard that all the world should hate.

>Removing Jews
Dude, the Jeews were removing all non-jew. Lurk more

Don't even bother trying to justify killing off all your generals and leaving your army significantly weaker which leads to cannon fodder get slaughtered massively just don't

>>Killed millions of Russians
But how many can you pin on him exactly?
>>Failed to conquer Europe
He got half which was better than Russia had ever done before
>>Failed to defeat Germany alone
90% of German losses were against the USSR
>>Is a Jew
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>lurk more
hahahahaha I'm probably an older fag than you
He used Jews to remove Jews, look at his actions and against Trotsky and the rest of the Committee, and other shit like his campaign against the 'rootless cosmopolitans' and the Doctors' Plot.

He removed all the traitors and subversives, don't assume you know exactly how alt-history would have turned out (alt-history is retarded anyway)

Stalin kept them fed

Too bad the joos assasinated him in 1953, sealing the fate of Eastern Europe.

>alt-history
>d-dont debate what would have happened just d-dont
Commies are truly the dumbest of the dumb

literally sent feudal peasants from mud huts into apartments over the span of a few decades.Not suprsing desu

>Too bad the joos assasinated him in 1953
I miss him every day

>muh 20, no- million 30 deaths

Except the Officer Purge, and believing Hitler.

>what would have happened
Except you have literally no idea what would've happened because it DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN
You can't just make up random speculation and claim it's fact

It's even more impressive considering a good deal of that time was during Depression and World War.

No, Stalin ate all the grain, and then paid the clouds not to rain.

>Officer purge
eh, I reckon he had his reason
>believing Hitler
He had the nerve to believe that a G*rman would actually stay true to his word

Being paranoid isn't a valid reason. Killing Tukhachevsky was a fucking disaster.

Noone is talking about what would have happened you dumb cunt
Stalin did plenty of retarded things to judge him by without speculating

>u-uh he must have known what he was doing
Nigger are you even trying to be serious?

Christ, Russians truly are a retarded people.

>Tukhachevsky
Yeah I think it would have been dangerous to keep him, his actions in Polish-Soviet War prove that to me imo

>Stalin did plenty of retarded things
Like what? >muh 6 million?
>Nigger are you even trying to be serious?
I'm being realistic by not pretending to know everything, since no one knows for sure what was happening in his mind but him and him alone
Dogmatic morons like you are the cancer

Stalin had no talent for war and his politicising of the army put USSR in danger. This wouldn't happen with Trotsky.

youtu.be/emNUP3EMu98?t=1m40s

Yeah, with Trotsky we would have had permanent revolution and the Soviet Union going all "allahu akbar" on the west, resulting in its quick and bloody end.

>Stalin had no talent for war
What?
Stalin was a great military commander. The city of Stalingrad was named after him for precisely this reason. Educate yourself lad.
>This wouldn't happen with Trotsky.
>he's a fucking Trot
pic related

That's a different matter.

Fpbp

Kek, picture couldn't have been chosen better

The fact that Kikes are so assmad about muh Stalin means that steel an did something right

>I'm being realistic by not pretending to know everything
>dogmatic morons
>coming from a literal Stalin apologist
Being a commie scum is one thing, but being this fucking braindead is in a whole another league. I'd go on but having a subpar IQ is punishment enough. Just a tip, it can all end blissfully if you just find the closest bridge and jump off it. We'd all understand, I promise you.

>This wouldn't happen with Trotsky.
You mean (((((Goldstein))))) or what his name was

Based Grandpa Stalin, purging Kikes

>arguments detected: 0
Clearly you can't deal with this lad cya

You have to understand Russians to understand this.
To a Russian, any price is justified to secure the power of the nation. Putin knows very well that he needs to promote Russian nationalism and he does a great job of it. This is the result.

Trotsky was pretty much the reason the revolution was won in the first place. For someone who looked like and was a massive nerd with no prior military experience, Trotsky had talent for war.

>Having no argument

>You're a Stalin apologist!
>You're a rape apologist!
>You're a Hitler apologist!
>You're X
Literal shitlib tier monkey IIQ tier "arguments"

And I'm not even a commie

>The ratio of Soviet casualties to the Nazis is astronomical
"Astronomical" is quite an exaggeration.

You're wearing a commie flag, though.

>I'm probably an older fag than you
kys

Stalin get's a bad rap, but at least he lets be honest he was certainly the best soviet leader at the time. Before him the country was collapsing militarily,abortion and casual sex were being promoted as (((liberation))). For all the stupidity of communism he managed to crack down on social degeneracy and organize an effective state. The leaders before him were also raving (heavily Jewish) internationalists, and he banished kikes from his government and took a strongly anti-Israel stance. Stalin also promoted nationalism and persecuted the fags. Now that's not to say "Stalin did nothing wrong" I'd just like to point out that he had many positive beyond the flaws of communism.

C'mon the purge was a mistake. It left him with drunks and fools to direct the war effort, wasting countless soldiers lives.

It doesn't matter if 1 or 20 million people died
if you win the war you win the war simple as that

Of course the war would go way better for the USSR if Trotsky or Lenin was in charge but you gotta play with the hand you are given right?

How are Rokossovsky, Zhukov, Konev or any other soviet high ranking officer who made it through the purge drunks and fools? The only big loss was Marshal Tuhachevsky. But tuhachevsky was stalins personal rival, a jew, and 100% a trotskyite.

>US actor impersonating le KGB agent "exposing" le ebil SU at the height of the cold war , with an aobvious fake Russian accent above all
>Legit

Poltards are beyond subhuman in IQ

The real evil was always JewSA, not Soviets
They exported feminism, homosexual, hollyweird, 60s flower power lsd pedo rock movement, niggerization etc

The KGB are clueless amateurs compared to Americans with their CIA

>pic
Here's the fertility rates, liberalism put them into the below-replacement level the same way it did us. The gook regions were already falling but the slavic USSR was actually stable until (((democracy))) and (((social progress))).

>Stalin
>russian nationalistic icon
>industralised Russia
>led Russia to victory in WW2
>purged the Communist Party from Jews and Globalists
>percentage of Jews in the Party fell to bellow 5% thanks to him.

wtf i love stalin now

>liberalism
No, that's capitalism.

God Save The Tsar

Thanks user
>1990
>Society union collapses
>(((Democraxy))) hits, american partners oversee the liberalization and establishment of freedom in Russia
>White birthrate collapses like clockwork immediately

Really boi!s my barnacle

Stalin wasn't even Russian

Its been nothing but syndicalism and neofeudalism tho. The only capitalist element the russian economy has is the free market.

I mean liberalism in the traditional usage: free trade, little social restriction, democracy, ect.
Of course capitalism is a PART of liberalism but it is possible to have a healthy, non-liberal society which incorporates capitalism.

The fact that the capitalist system has no innate motivation to allow people to afford children trumps all of those.

>tfw mother's family fought for the Whites
>tfw she tells me about how the Russian Empire was redpilled about (((them)))
>tfw we could've sided with the Germans in World War 2
Goodnight sweet prince, you were too good for this world ;_;

Russia before Stalin
>majority of population living in abject poverty and squalor
Russia after Stalin
>majority of population living in abject poverty and squalor, but we beat them nazis and made the rest of Eastern Europe share in our abject poverty and squalor xaxaxa
Russians are the perfect cucks, they've been getting cucked by their rulers ever since Rurik organized them into a feudal system. Somewhere in the Russian heart is a desire for a strong government to shit on their faces, and they love it.

That's why I oppose free trade and multi-national corporations, no amount of economic growth makes up for the degenerate garbage that gets spread. Also that infographic is my OC :)

>free trade
>economic growth
Just because GDP is rising doesn't mean the average prole sees any of it. In fact, global free trade is making people even poorer, while concentrating the wealth of the entire world in the hands of the few.

aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/08/exposing-great-poverty-reductio-201481211590729809.html

No profits today
archive.is/rkAZQ

It's Al-Jazeera, mang. Those bomb shelters that they will need soon don't grow on trees.

The KGB are the older kid that beats you up and takes your lunch money, the CIA are the middle-aged dude stalking outside the school trying to get you to come into his van.

Also Yuri was absolutely BLACKED
>My adopted mother was an Oriental girl with dark skin and slanted eyes.
>I did not want to marry a fat, white Russian girl. I wanted to marry a slender, dark Indian
girl.

archive.org/stream/YuriBezmenovBlackIsBeautifulCommunismIsNot/YuriBezmenovBlackIsBeautiful_djvu.txt

You mean CURRIED.

Papa Stalin!

I laughed for like 20 minutes when i first read that Indian-loving shill's pamphlet. Read the whole thing it's priceless.

>we had decent wages for 5 years in the '60s, b-btfo
western commies are all talk, you would never live in the Soviet Union, just like you wouldn't dare move to Russia right now. because you know deep down that communism and its legacy is an abject fucking failure. there's a recurring theme among you slavaboo idiots, none of you would step foot in your beloved motherland

How could Russians be fat when we know that Communists were always starving and their supermarket shelves were empty? You've seen pizza hut man when he visited America, and he was shocked to see food.

>You've seen pizza hut man when he visited America, and he was shocked to see food.

Explain pls

If you read the Gulag archipelago, you will realize that most Russians are completely unaware of the atrocities the man committed… And what he eventually turned into before he finally died.

There is no historical documentation on the fact that he sent a wave of peasants 15 million or more out into the arctic tundra during 1929 and 1930. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn spends quite a bit of time to make sure readers understand that!

> Took Berlin

Yes and if any of his men were taken prisoner, he said they should be shot on the spot, and for the most part they were or they were sent off to the Gulag. Many of the soldiers from the red army, after a successful revolution were given land... however eventually many of them were arrested because… Well there was multiple reasons, they worked harder, they spoke up about not receiving any real pay or food, if the state gave them a better tractor eventually they were looked at no different than the kulaks. In fact they even developed a new label so they could justify arresting these people: podkulachnik. This happened in postwar times as well, it was quite common.

But make no mistake the soviets went to extreme lengths to destroy any kind of documentation to showcase this reality. In fact this book when it was first released in the early 50s, was illegal to possess.

I bet you many in China love Mao too.

It's pretty pathetic, isn't it? These people are no better than Holocaust deniers, so blind that they idolize the cruelty of Lenin, Stalin. They have somehow convinced themselves that the USSR was a paradise, and say things like the KGB were "clueless amateurs" as one fool did above. I've lived in Russia for a short time and the effects of communism are disheartening. They seek a totalitarian world of death and only then will they know how wonderful they had it.

Please do not use the flag of Dixie you massive faggot.

Sorry I meant to say all of the memorabilia Alexander possessed was extremely illegal when he started writing it in the early 50s, however when it was released I can't remember the exact date it was illegal to possess even then

I was wrong, it was Yeltsin in the famous photo.

Pizza hut man is Gorby: youtube.com/watch?v=C9lvzzH0STw

Yuri is cuckservative incarnate: that manuscript, written by him, demonstrates it well. The KGB was disgustingly evil, but they failed to be as destructive as the CIA. Look at how many ops and assassinations the CIA has done in foreign countries, the KGB were truly the jv team.

oh Jesus

>picture
I thought soviets were hastily importing niggers and anti white? why would they have a poster like this

>fucker from irrelevant Caucasian region is more revered than ethnic Russians

Top cuck

>Putin is ethnic Russian

Dude is a kike

So is anyone who live in Russia

>falling for propaganda
bottom zozzle

youtu.be/5gM_9f6yFDA

Communist anthem