What are you reading, Sup Forums?

What are you reading, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

bradfordframke.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/king-warrior-magician-lover.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i'm running out of good books about masculinity

I'm reading the illiad. by Homer. I fell for the /lit/ meme of starting with the greeks.

Before that I read 'Mythology' by Edith Hamilton. It was a great primer on greek mythology. I recommend.

>leaf
>reading about masculinity
ayo boio real men do x, doncha kno? now be a good cuck and be a real man goyim

This book makes me depressed desu

Reading American Gods atm. I've got a ton of shit on backlog but I'm considering something on gnosticism or the Third Reich next.

Also I'm reading a primer on the Occult by Colin Wilson.

Taxi Driver screenplay

Taking a Sup Forums break cos it was making me cringe.

based behemoth

bit of doorstopper that - had it on the shelf a few years and haven't started. what's it like?

Problem with E book is that I didnt see how long it was before I started it. I just read the gulag archipelago and wanted something around 500 pages max, then I realized this shit was 900.

It feels like the first half is introducing characters, and now it has picked up to give them challenges to overcome. My heart aches for Alyosha

Reading these two as well.

insightful post

I'm halfway through, does it get any better or is it just as unremarkable the whole time?

So far it seems to be him selling his personal theory about a 6th sense of some sort.

Interesting, but really I'm just looking for a general primer which I understand the second part of the book to be.

>I fell for the /lit/ meme of starting with the greeks

good move

is your interest practical or academic?

I'm not sure. I just feel drawn to it.

I see pictures of Aleister Crowley and want to know wtf he was doing.

I want enlightenment.

The Lord of History by Msgr. Eugene Kevane

Whats it like being smart? Nietzsche was pretty inpenetrable for me. Thats why Im reading Dostoyevsky now, so I can see the ideas in narrative before tackling Nietzsche and then Jung.

The wellspring which you seek is buried within yourself. Books can only point you to it. As intimate as you become with any Great Works, you must become equally as intimate with your own mind and body.

Which Dostoevsky are you reading? I read Crime & Punishment in school but I want to revisit.

I see. I want the same and I'm a long way off.

Read that back in the spring. Was pretty insightful.

I fell for that meme too, but I do not regret it. I prefered the Odyssey to the Illiad though. The intensity of Ulysses revenge on those who betrayed him, when he finally makes it home, sent shivers down my spines. He makes sure even the female servants who became affectuous with the illegal occupiers of his domain are hanged one by one; only after he made them clean the mess the killing of their lovers left in his palace.

>Sup Forums
>reading and having a basic level of culture

Choose one and only one.

Here ya go

>kek flag

77's don't lie.

Asana & pranayama and pranayama user.

Can recommend:

Liber Null & Psychonaut
Book 4
Ypga & Kriya - A systematic Course

For a general history of Western Occultism Goodrick-Clark is decent and functional

Reading a book from a marxist who became centre and now is considered right wing. It is a Flemish man, his son is also involved with the flemish national movement.

It is about europe, islam, postmodernism cultural marxism. It is written in dutch, and was cancelled by the original publisher shortly before it would go to the presses.

I am enjoying the Illiad thus far. I've already had a general overview from the Edith Hamilton book I read. Homer is an easier read than I thought it would be.

>Goodrick-Clark
Thank you user.

Could you be specific about him though?

I read St. Augustine's "Confessions" a little while back when I was at training in Ft. Irwin. Blew my mind at how fundamentally similar Augustine's coming to God was compared to our spiritual struggles today. The core of Christianity has not changed at all.

If it changed it would not be eternal. The path remains the same.

>Edith Hamilton
Half of you are sophmores, huh...

didnt mean to reply to you

Nicholas Goodrick-Clark - he was a professor of occult studies at exeter uni - he wrote a general overview of western esotericism that's pretty good - not dated, free of new age bullshit and nonsense and he didn't have any particular axe to grind iirc. that said it's academic, not practical

Memorabilia and Apology of Socrates by Xenophon. Highly recommended

which books of his though I meant friendo

The Western Esoteric Traditions: A Historical Introduction is the only thing by him i've read

wow - checking his bibliography he wrote a study on savtri devi - buying that!

he may have been /ourguy/

Brothers Karamazov. Wife is reading crime and punishment now lol. Im enjoying it. Its making me feel something for faith in something higher. Especially with my dad dying

'Odysseus' Scar' is a short essay by Erich Auerbach that compares the narrative style of Homer and the Old Testament. A fascinating and very enlightening analysis of the two very different sensibilities reflected in these works. It's pretty easy to find a scan of this online.

I live in St. Augustine weird

“You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd.”

She was an American treasure.

Yes. Her collected letters, The Habit of Being, and a collection of her essays, Mystery and Manners, are both excellent and very much worth reading.

Thanks user, I will give them a look too

extreme overpilling

Just read "the handbook of traditional living in pic related".

I am reading Kan't critque of pure reason but going through it very slowly since it is so dense.
I hope to read this and found link related. Is this the full book?bradfordframke.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/king-warrior-magician-lover.pdf

This is some top tier shit senpai

>get invited to see a play with friends
>immediately check to see if the director is jewish
what have you done to me Sup Forums.

Ive read Confessions by st Augustine. Hard but worth it.

Currently:
Just finished Red Road from Stalingrad (account from soviet soldier)
Just started: this book with different accounts from Germans+allies from the 6th Army at stalingrad
Almost done:
Roman Britain and Early England (norton library history, part 1)

Also just started: Warning to the West by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Confessions was actually pretty fun to read imo. It reminded me of people on Sup Forums trying to do nofap

fun stuff

>affectuous
The devil.

Art of the Deal

Every night, cover-to-cover, with the force and power of the Holy Spirit

Yeah, just the language style for me was different. Its also the first book like that I read, other than the bible, if that happens to be in the same category.

I did like seeing how similar problems then were to now though, as others stated above.

Only other book I have somewhat like that is Pensees by Pascal, which I plan on reading after I finish what I already started

What version?

the fountainhead
ayn rand

Missing Man: The American Spy (Robert Levinson) Who Vanished In Iran.

and

Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated by Alison Arngrim

I primarily prefer ESV, but lately I've been using NLT because that was the translation I used mostly growing up.

It's pretty refreshing reading a WW1 memoir that isn't complete anti-war propaganda. Junger does a pretty good job of giving a fairly objective "this is what happened, this is what we did, this is what I felt" exposition of his experiences. It's interesting to see the sort of bleak nihilism of the war next to his feelings of nationalistic fervor and comradeship. Pro-tip: if you're going to read this, don't read the Penguin version, they edit out all of Junger's nationalistic commentary.

There are no words.

that's not the full book

if you enjoy jordan peterson lectures you'll appreciate the book i think

>not KJV

pleb

Great short book.
I also recommend Anti-Apostle 1025.
Reading pic related.

Just finished

im playing world of warcraft op, i dont have time to read

I like it

A real great read.