Can we get a thread going on prepping...

Can we get a thread going on prepping? It can range anywhere from general plans and suggestions to websites and other sources.

I'll start: It is probably a good idea to download the entirety of wikipedia onto a hard drive. It is 42 gb and it could literally be a lifesaver without an internet connection present.

Anything is appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-194MMckjg&list=PL07A7D1C9D7BF7F48
murdercube.com/files/
survivaltopics.com/edible-pine-bark/
beforeitsnews.com/prepper/2014/09/make-a-homemade-faraday-cage-920.html
itstactical.com/intellicom/mindset/3-effective-techniques-to-train-your-situational-awareness-and-recognize-change/
stratfor.com/weekly/practical-guide-situational-awareness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you're gonna want to hoard cardboard. any cardboard, 'cause no one will know/be able to make it, and it's perfect material. you can haul shit with it, hide stuff, and it's light.

just be prepared to defend your cardboard

Nice tip. Ive heard having lots of plastic containers with tight seals for urine/feces in a bunker is a necessity

What else you guys got?

antarctica

ww3 is coming. running innawoods and muh bunker isn't going to come even close to cutting it

nothing else. you just need cardboard jesus christ it's not that difficult

>go to antartica
>nobody can/will do that
Short of a direct hit from a nuke, how does one survive the fallout and aftermath of a nuclear war from a location innawoods? Practical advice.

>cardboard will fix erry thing
alrighty jimbo

Thank god i have an archive of the 10,000 word count wiki article on Goku. And this layman survey article on rice is invaluable even though it only offers surface level summary

checked

>nobody can/will do that

there is already a permanent human presence on the south pole

aim high or don't bother

nukes are ~75 years old; rocks will melt

Post /k/nowledge and other good shit

Just have everything you need in triplicate.

murdercube

multiple copies of important documents is a good idea.

Praise it motherfucker.

Stash guns and ammo.

Use stashed guns and ammo to steal stashed gold and minerals.

Use violently stolen gold and minerals to establish community and monopolize violent force.

Violently enforce the NAP against everyone. Actual necessity, evidence or reason optional.

Franchise all economic activity with a license guaranteed by your arbitrary and overwhelming threat of violence.

Convince your slaves that they are the independent agency that empowers your force to command them.

Count shekels.

If you are an American, your best bet as per some military advice I received on this subject is Alaska, and here's why.

It has the largest biomass in the world outside of the Amazon. Which means that you can never really run out of essentials like fresh water and food. Hunting there half the year and fishing year round will keep you fed, and southern AK actually has a decent growing season once a year.

Building materials are abundant. There are literally millions of square miles of building timber in southern/southeast Alaska.

It is a heavily armed, lightly populated state. The only thing you need to be able to do is ride out the winters. I grew up in the Northern United states in Vermont which has comparable temps in the winter +/- 30 below zero.

The whole point of the advice I received is this - you dont want to "bug out" to a bug out spot. You need to already be IN the bug out spot, because getting to it might be dangerous or down right impossible after the fact or event that closes down public services like law enforcement, roadways, public water works, sewage, etc. Be IN the bug out spot already. Alaska has some nuclear targets like most states, however, all fallout would blow southeast due to the pacific trade winds. After a couple of weeks, should be fine. There is literally nothing of interest there to the common person, and it is too far away for most anyway, to worry about anything happening there. The United States could cease to exist and life in Alaska would continue as it has for thousands of years.

Learn to grow opium and MJ if SHTF it will be worth its weight in gold . Land navigation will make you a top KEK , roads will be useless . Move at night avoid populated areas use SOP for SOF operations to communicate . Make silencers for all weapons with flash suppressors , have cache points pre-set along the way in waterproof containers . Have several FOB set before hand and various AO to fall back on . Use codes for everything changes every 24 hours or sooner if needed . Booby trap all trails and FOB and AO as needed .

What would be the best way to stay warm during these times? I would say wood-fired heater but the smoke may attract attention.

Wood burning stove is for sure the way to go. I wouldn't worry about drawing attention, no one is going to come looking for you there after an event, that's the whole point. If it happens to be a local or something, greet him with a gun, everyone there is armed.

interesting. i thought the attention might not matter but just throwing it out there

you fags should get into HAM radio, it's the best way of communication because you don't need cell towers or anything that cango down, you own the transmitter. Also, all the older guys that are into it are just itching to get a younger generation interested so their hobby doesn't die with them

any good sources/sites for getting into it?

Someone needs to keep the knowledge of the saiyan race alive

I can't really say, I've got some friends that got me into it but this series should help you
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-194MMckjg&list=PL07A7D1C9D7BF7F48

Just got paid Sup Forums, got a good $300 to spare on anything after bills
what should I do to prep?

Beans rice and other dry grains as muchas you can hoard. Vacuum seal them. Also get a military survival guide like the ranger handbook

Autist detected

bump. post more /k/ infographics

I want /k/ senpai to notice me

Here's a good site for this stuff: murdercube.com/files/

Also some facts:

You can eat the bark of a variety of pine trees as shown in this site: survivaltopics.com/edible-pine-bark/

You can also make pine needles into a tea or just eat them raw to get a huge dose of vitamin c, just don't eat the ones of a few specific species of pine tree that happen to forget at the moment, they will cause abortions and might be harmful to you yourself.

Put all of your electronics into a cheap home-made faraday cage as shown here: beforeitsnews.com/prepper/2014/09/make-a-homemade-faraday-cage-920.html

Also you should learn to be situationally aware: itstactical.com/intellicom/mindset/3-effective-techniques-to-train-your-situational-awareness-and-recognize-change/

Here's another source fr situational awareness: stratfor.com/weekly/practical-guide-situational-awareness

That's all for now, I might post more stuff in the future if need be. I love this survivalist shit.

thanks

No problem.