Private School vs Public School

Sup Forums
Did you go to a Private or Public School?
What's the difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

profiles.doe.mass.edu/state_report/enrollmentbyracegender.aspx
bostonpublicschools.org/domain/238
archive.org/details/TheUndergroundHistoryOfAmericanEducation_758
archive.nevadajournal.com/nj98/05/prussian.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=eP98ZKt709A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7PPR93XJk
youtube.com/watch?v=TDZVHaqEFWE
youtube.com/watch?v=BqcK53mBuYE
youtube.com/watch?v=VTm_6nUCKKE
youtube.com/watch?v=iupmR8GtRMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I went to a private Jesuit School

Yes, there is a huge difference between private and Public education in my country. If you got the money send your children to the private school.

Went to a public school but it was academically selective (you do a test in Grade 6 to see if you can get in).

Otherwise, I wouldn't choose a public school for my kids unless it was a selective one. Private is expensive as shit but probably worth it in the end.

Private international school. pretty good education tbqh

Private. No niggers and a far better education.

public/private schools mean different things in different countries

Well, it depends what part of the country you are

Boston schools are not as niggerish as Californian ones

Public. I only had four teachers I'd consider decent, a lot were just slackers.

public. it ruined my life, it was full of people that couldn't read english, held back the studies unaccepablebly, and the lunch quad had fights everyday. everyfuckong day. It's not like you could fight back when they gang up 5 vs 1 and are a foot taller than you. fuck black people and first gen latino immigrants. I went insane and ended up in a mental hospitsial. there is a reason they say 60% of americans never read a book past highschool.
if you can afford to send you kids to privite school, and if you can't, don't have kids

Australian private schools are full of Indians and Chinese

private. It's like one of top 10 or 20 high school in my country

Public schools are run by commies who steal monies from people who don't even have kids to pay for other people's kids.

Private schools are paid for by actual parents who have a vested interest in their own progeny.

There's your difference, and it's the only difference that matters.

I got kicked out of private school lol

Private in the US does not guarantee free of Public funding, therefore under the scrutiny of local and federal government.

Independent guarantees freedom of curriculum, expenditures, investments, etc.

Independent private schools are what you want. Charter schools (which technically private) are publicly funded still and under the purview of the government.

$25,000/ year

the prep school I went too was quality we spent break time building dens in the woods and would use conquers as currency was I believe max of 34 in my year teachers were on point there was discipline sports 4/5 days every afternoon and we would stay till 6 everyday forgotten what it was called but it was our homework basically
then after year 8 moved onto Norwich cathedral school (Nelson attended) didn't like cathedral school much at all too many pretentious fuckers there luckily I was only there for a 2 years thou then I experienced state education at a rural high school which actually wasn't that bad and I would even go as far too say better than Norwich I personally think the old school private schooling is pretty much gone now my old prep school seems a shadow of its former self and I have some real fond memories from there

I went to private catholic school for a good part of my childhood and to be honest it wasn't as good as my local public school experience. The public schools in the area I was growing up in are fantastic compared all the other districts I've ever seen. So I guess not all public schools suck. Although wouldn't be able to tell you how public school fares in the grades I wasn't there and vice-versa.

One thing that you typically have in private schools that you typically don't have in public schools is a closeness within the class, at least at small private schools like the one I went to. This can be a great thing if you're considered an acceptable person by the rest of your classmates but a horrible one if you're a pariah among your classmates due to race, behavior, appearance, etc. I have personally been in both the in-group and the out-group at my private school. You just don't typically have that perk/problem in public schools due to larger class size, although it's only a tendency and I'm sure there are public schools where the scenario I've just laid out happens and vice-versa.

If you live in a city, then you're shit out of luck because the public school curriculum will be tailored to appease nigs and guarantee that all of the low IQ shitskins will pass classes no matter what.
That's the problem with American public schooling. The value and rating of each public school district is measured by the graduation rates as opposed to the actual usefulness and aptitude of the student body.

Even if you live in a nice homogenous community, they might still teach you the usual cultural marxist crap like 'white privilege'. It's a really shitty situation.

Home-schooling and private schools all the way, my man.

Public, and it was fine. When I come home now though I can see it's getting more diverse.

Both.
There was much harder drugs in private school and kids who's parents had abandoned them so they could travel the world unfettered.

My parents couldn't afford to have me molested so I had to go to a public school. The school was fine but I preferred to drink and do drugs instead, which had me fail most of my courses.
I got a job after I left school, and it is common for employers to put you on a traineeship so they can pay you fuck all and then sack you once you complete it. Over the next five years I was on minimum wage and acquired three certificates and a diploma in IT because dodgy small business owners could get the government to pay for the whole thing while they paid me peanuts.
Anyway, universities in Australia take employment history and trade qualifications into consideration and I was able to enrol into a sandstone university and after getting my BSc in psychology I now work as a researcher. It's alright pay (just over 45K), but I work way too hard for it. It is nice to encounter old teachers or fellow students who used to like to tell me I'd never do anything with my life.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is it's not really what you do at school but what you do afterwards that is a major factor in higher education.

Public, but I would seriously consider sending my children to a private school

Private school, or virtually the only non shitty schools here in D.F. Fuck prepa 6.

Public """"""School""""""

depends. in california, to some extent, what you pay for your house is what you get in terms of school quality.

well thank god i dont live in faggot aufailia

Public school, but I would only recommend it if you get into a magnet track for high school or a gifted track in elementary and middle.

Literally surrounded by niggers, but it's free and it was good enough to get me into an Ivy

I went to an outstanding public school. Our districts schools were so good that people were moving to our area for the public schools. I found out in college that my parents could have sent me to a private school but chose to save the money. As good as our public school was, it was only good by those standards.

Went to a public school from K to 2. Got straight A's and in the afternoon, I was allowed to self-study in the library. Started private school in 3rd grade and felt like it was impossible. Got all B's and C's. Finally caught up at the end of grade school and went to private high school. Now am attending top 5 engineering university. Never would have happened if my parents didn't switch me to a private school.

However, private school kids are much more socially judgmental. Takes a toll. Even in high school, I stayed friends with kids from the public schools.

Went to Private Catholic schools most my life, attended public school for a few years.

Catholic schools actually teach core acedemics - reading, writing, cursive, math, science, history, geography, and music/art with a little PE.

My public school was riddled with "open ended learning assignments" and "exploratory projects" that had no object other than to do it and get an A. Things like painting a Jackson polluck mimic and writing how it made you feel. Catholic School was alot more traditional - read, write papers, do math problems. Public school had alot of cutsey stuff that even middle school me remembered was bullshit.

Public school is run by lefties, up and down. Typically cuck men and frumpy women, all former hippes. They love to teach kids their point of view on things. Catholic school had professors - people who taught you the lesson and that was that.

Sure, I had to go to mass but that was fine with me and I kept the faith. I actually enjoyed the closeness and meditation aspect.

public indoctrination center

Can second this. Had the same experience. Felt like my few years in public school was a sort of 'guided daycare', whereas private school had me working on schoolwork and listening to lectures >75% of the day.

I went to public, knew people who went to private.

Private schools are fucked up if you get there from scholarship or something but your parents wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise. The kids will simply treat you like trash. If your parents can afford it tho, then why not? At least theoretically it should be better than public school and even if it won't - you will get to know kids of politicians, judges, doctors, diplomats, high-tier public servants, businessmen etc. etc. Those connections are going to be much more useful than any education, knowledge or diploma you can get.

Public schools can be fine unless you live in country full of immigrants, since the classrooms will be overcrowded and there will be language barrier, so it'll suck.

Public = State, I use theme interchangeably below

I went to Private school from 7-12 and Public onwards, could have gone to private till I was 16/18 but the school near me that my brother went to had weekday hours of 9-6 and 10-4 on weekends which scared the fuck out of me.

I can remember being different day to day we called each other by our last names at the private school, we just called each other dickhead at the public. We also had a hymn or 2 and the lords prayer at private school, but none of that at state. Class sizes were about 10-15 at private, about 20-30 at state.

Realistically I should have gone the private, would have set me up for life much better. Also the state school was all boys till the last year I was there.

Private protestant school.

It was pretty great desu, I won't have kids unless I have money to send them to private school.

>Those connections are going to be much more useful than any education, knowledge or diploma you can get.
Don't you think that is a huge problem?
Why the fuck should who you know effect who gets the job? The best candidate should get it. Not the best connected candidate.

Same here lad.

Tell that to Eton and Harrow old boys haha

>Why the fuck should who you know effect who gets the job? The best candidate should get it. Not the best connected candidate.
Right, and advertising should be honest, and married couples should all be 100% faithful, and we shouldn't have wars or poverty or littering...

It's a problem but that's the reality, you can't change the world, you can just choose to play the game or lose it on the start. Some of it isn't even that evil if you think about it. Now think of something like this - you want to get a job and send your resume to the guy who's kid knows you from school. The guy will ask his kid if he can trust you, and can be certain that the answer is correct, no interview will give him more accurate judgment than this.

Also - if you went to uni to learn instead of socializing you fucked up.

>Eton and Harrow old boys
I would if I had any idea who the fuck that is.

Seems contrary to the whole point of hiring is all, why hamstring yourself with sub-par talent because their cousin fucked your daughter or some stupid shit like that.

To be honest, its going to get far worse and its less of a class thing now, the internet means some jobs are having 1000+ applicants, and with things like LinkedIn white collar jobs have a sea of easy to find talent, you have 2 options. Being Exceptional (and I mean top 1%) or having good connections.

Private from pre-school to 8th grade. Public in high school and university.

Private:
>richer
>more religious
>less aggressive/more passive people
>more of a community
>more male teachers
>mostly conservative

Public:
>cliqs
>stupid ass female liberal teachers
>all ranges from low class to middle class people
>cheap
>made more friends here

>The best candidate should get it.
>should
Get used to the real world mate

>What's the difference?

Been in both.

Public schools were overcrowded by Marxist lazy teachers who didn't give a shit about students results. Their main concerns were holidays and amount of money they got each month.

Private schools were far more concerned about the work delivered, the knowledge known and the quantity/quality of work delivered.

More concerning, public schools are the place of choice if you want your kid to be overwhelmed by shitskins and Stalin style brain washed. Avoid at all cost.

Private schools not so selective are usually schools in needs of student for money ; still require students to do their fucking work.

did anyone else here who went private had a average class size of less than 10

Well yeah, that is the goal isn't it?
Being pessimistic about the future because of the present is pretty retarded.
"You can't get an is without accepting certain oughts."

State school, it was awful.
Run down buildings,surrounded by prolekids who view wanting to learn as a bad thing.
Violence,theft,etc

Doesn't fucking matter, I went to a shit-tier public university and am working alongside Stanford/MIT grads.

>I went to a shit-tier public university and am working alongside Stanford/MIT grads

At Starbucks?

Private "European School" here in Brussels.

It was fucking dogshit desu because we had pro-EU propaganda shoved down our throats every single day. In my last year it got even worse after there were multiple graffiti's saying "no borders, no nation" on the walls outside, which they countered with 30+ EU flags and they started a little stand with tons of pro-EU propaganda.

>would have preferred a public school desu

No, that's not my goal. You speak of evil. There is no world without these "connections", tricky marketing, infidelity, violence, poverty and littering. It is impossible and much evil has been done in the name of this cause. Humanity must learn to accept our own imperfect nature. Idealism is the great destroyer.

did you have to do IB

>living in nation without a nationality
>expecting people to honor nationality and sovereignty

Don't you have an impending economic crisis to tender to?

Private

No, I had to do EB ("European Bac"), which lets me study at basically any university in Europe.

Went to Private Catholic schools my entire life. While they may not have the glamour that public schools have because of funding, private schools overall focus more on teaching the material and preparing you for college as well as having more tight-knit relationships within the class as well as among the faculty.
That relationship acts like a double-edged sword: if you're outside "the group" you'll struggle horribly, but if you're inside it, you'll be socially fine, A secret becomes public knowledge within 2 days, and everyone knows what everyone is/has done.
The social/political landscape of at least my old high school is hilarious. 99% of the students' families are upper-middle class Republican that own a lot of businesses in town and have connections everywhere. (Essentially the Catholics in town are like Jews anywhere else) Before the presidential election, the school i went to held a mock election and Trump won by a landslide with Hilary only getting 10 votes.
I don't know what Public school life in town is like, but from what I've seen and heard, I'm glad I went to a private school all my life.

I'm Polish and I've gone to polish school on Saturdays for 8 years because I'm planning to move back to Poland.
Even Poland is better than this shithole.

class of 96 so pretty much the last generation in my part of the country that was white and poor,and I noticed a huge cultural difference between us and the posh kids who went to all private boys schools.

1. everyone in my year has sex by the time they were 13/14 or you were just weird and even the teachers would take the piss out of you
2. no real bullying
3. we had built up contacts and friends with so many we had the best parties
4. drugs were rife

compare those points to the posh boys I met later in life and all they talked about was really gay boarding school games because they had no girls and had no chance un till much later in life as they had better education and better "jobs for the boys" culture,some of the games they played just sounded like buggering the smallest boy in the rugby changing rooms and they all thought it was "a bloody spiffing good time had by all"
I would never send my kid to a single sex school,girls sure but boys need that release at that age.
just know these two went to a posh boarding school...pic still makes me shudder

Georgia public school here. I hated it. Nothing but busy work and frustratingly slow progression so the slow kids could keep up. I've had several teachers who flat-out told us as long as we put pen to paper we would get passed. I was bored most of the time waiting for others to finish and not surprisingly, one of two or three white students in classes that were mostly black. Most teachers were black and would side with the black students while they made learning impossible and my school life absolute hell. Every day I had to deal with intimidation and a tribal atmosphere. For fuck's sake, put you kids in private school if you live in this sweaty asshole of a state.

No

Or at least I really really really hope that's not my job.

eton and harrow are 2 elite schools that all the elite politicians and toff cunts come from, i have a relative who worked at harrow also a cunt.

>Don't you think that is a huge problem?
Yes but unfortunately it's how it is, meritocracy died here many moons ago, the most career successful guy from my school by miles doesn't have any qualifications and hell didn't barely get any gcses ffs but networked and sucked dick until he was making a lot of money, uk is shit.

I went to a public school. At the time, I didn't have anything to compare it with, but over the years, I have learnt it was a pretty shitty school that had a very bad reputation.

I've gone on to gain degrees and become a practising lawyer. I was very much in the minority - most of my class mates became deadbeats.

Almost all of my professional colleagues went to good Private Schools. They could not possibly have been more welcoming and accepting of me, but from time to time, when they get together, I sense they have a common bond from being "old school chums" that I will never have.

what about charter schools?

Glad to hear it. Belgium is the greatest crime of the 19th century

I went to a shitty public school. Always wanted to go to a nice private school but I don't think they're that good in Canada. I knew a lot of guys from the most expensive private school in the country and they were pretty much indistinguishable from the public school kids and most of them went to the same universities as me and all the other public school kids. I don't see the point of paying all that money for private school if your kid isn't going to come out smarter and with better career prospects as a result.

You in the Bay Area?

>Also - if you went to uni to learn instead of socializing you fucked up.
I fucked up.
Nothing like the regret that you passed a chapter of your life like a total tool.

Not a day goes by when I don't contemplate the fact that I could have went to a private military boarding school instead of the absolute degenerate public school shit that I had to slug through instead.

I went for a full day to a nearby military academy to see what it was like while my parents talked with the administrators.

Unbeknownst to me, my parents initiated the whole thing as a threat so that I 'applied' myself more. It backfired when they realized I WANTED to go there.

If you're considered 'above average' in a public school, that essentially means you're a low IQ grunt that's only good at following orders.

Source: High IQ successful adult who was considered a 'slacker' student.

You either spend the best years of your life surrounded with other boys or you can spend them with girls your age and learn about life and how to act around them...and have teen sex,wonderful you will never have a better time in your miserable life sex.
Maybe if you are sure your kid in 100% homo then sure send him to an all boys school.

>teen sex
>the best

sorry your life never improved

It may differ from country to country, but here private schools are exam factories that teach rich kids how to do well on standardized tests, speak publicly, and pull their dicks over who's dad owns the most expensive Mercedes.

Once they get to university they eat shit because nobody is telling them they're amazing and giving them the test answers in advance any more so they drop out and travelt to "find themselves" instead.

well I am 36 now,would be a bit weird if I went around trying to fucking 13/14 year olds m8.

t. public school indoctrincated bogan trash-tier pleb.

Lolno. I went to a private school from 9-12.

Public. Came out red pilled and full 14/88

Public is multicultural shithole, i was miserable everyday.

Funny thing is my sister went to a private catholic school and she turned out a FUCKING MUSLIM.

FUCK ME.

Currently in communism college but most of my classes are online so I'm safe from ear assault. I went to a public high school and it was nigger-tier but I walked in obese and walked out knowing how to bboy

How is she Muslim? As her if she believes that woman should be property or not. And if she says they shouldn't then she shouldn't be Muslim

I went to public. But had 2 younger sisters go to private. From my experience it doesn't matter. Unless your in a nigger infested area. Then public school is a shit hole. But all things equal. A shit kid is still shit. Honestly if you do good and make smart choice youll get places. Seen plenty of public school successes and private school failures.

Private schools taught me about multiplication, division, history, cursive, religion, etc. Basically all the good stuff.

Then I moved to a public school. My classmates were struggling with things that I already knew about when I was younger than them. I felt like a genius in a sea of brainlets.

I don't know what the fuck she believes, i all i know is shes more stuck together with islam, helping them out in legal battles. Shes with muslim people all day long and has a muslim boyfriend

Can't wait till she gets culturally enriched with a black eye kek

Hey Phillip

I went to...

Private.
Private Catholic.
Public.

Yes. There is a huge leap in quality at each one, Private Catholic education was great, Private education was phenomenal, and Public was abysmal; I was re-learning things as a Junior in honors that I had learned in 4th grade in Private Catholic.

Public school is just a glorified version of daycare, desu.

The exact opposite is true. Anyone with money moves the to suburbs before kids enter school unless you have a job that requires you to live in Boston.

Boston Public Schools
41.8% Hispanic
31.8% Black
14.2% White
8.8% Asian

profiles.doe.mass.edu/state_report/enrollmentbyracegender.aspx

50% speak a language other than English at home.

bostonpublicschools.org/domain/238

No. I just live in another area where an unusually high amount of money is spent on schooling. Local taxes are high though which is the only bad thing about it.

If you can afford it, send your kids to private schools. In an increasingly competitive world, why would you not give them the best chance at life? Not all public/state schools are bad but there is an important difference. Private schools create leaders and thinkers. As one person put it, public schools teach you to read poetry, private schools teach you to write it.

She also said that the kids at private schools are often far more confident and sure of themselves.

Private schools have lots of neat traditions

Our public schools are good. Lots of shitty people though.

I know heaps of dumb cunts that went to private schools and just do shit kicker jobs like painting.

Not that that matters a heck of a lot, they are paying the white blue collars a lot so they like the shitskin invasion.

If that's still the case in two to three decades there's no point in insisting your kid is a smart cunt.

There is this unique thing in Australia where certain selective public schools are part of the elite schools and their alumni go on to be statistically overrepresented in the Australian elite e.g. Fort St Boys High and Sydney Boys. I went elite private, but I find it fascinating that in a lot of ways they're just as good if not better than most private schools

I like public schools because you get to bully and be bullied

And that made me a better person

This was called a Soggy Sao in Sydney after the cracker called a Sao.

I went to private. Defintiely worth it. Even though they only have the same shitty teacher pool to pick from, they still find plenty of ways to throw around their money. If you never attended a private school you have no idea just how many more resources they have than public schools.

Thats not even the main reason to go to a private school. Forget academic success and sporting and extracurricular facilities on par with universities. The main thing you are paying for is helping raise a child who is respectful, and trust me, its worth it. More and more so in the modern day and age.

One major piece of advice though, for ANY school you are considering for your kids, get the background info on the principal and meet them first if you can. Their personality and ethic has a ridiculous amount of impact on the quality of the school and its morals. This is coming from a teacher.

Went to both (state school only for a year). Long story short, send your children to private schools.

Private.
Everyone was pretty smart. I'd say 95% of the graduating class got accepted into a high tier university.

Can't compare with public schools, we only interacted with other private schools. 2-3 blacks in the entire school (K-12) when I graduated.

Almost everyone was loaded, and wealth somewhat determined social groups.

Almost all public schools in the west are based off the Prussian Volksschule system. The prussian education model(Volksschule K-12) extends childhood and dumbs people down. The elite see you as Darwin's genetic dead ends and the system was designed around that. The idiocy you see around you is by design.

Kindergarten is a German word for child garden. It's the first step in harvesting children like plants in a garden. Kindergarten breaks your bond with your mother and gets you to see the state as family. Everything past around third grade is nothing but propaganda and behavioral conditioning. It's one long extension of childhood used to infantalize and instill obedience in the population.

Now you see them pushing bullshit like "looks say" where children are taught to memorize alphabetic words in whole, as if they are hieroglyphs. They should be taught how to break them down bit by bit on phonetic fashion. "Look say" is proven to cause autism.

archive.org/details/TheUndergroundHistoryOfAmericanEducation_758

archive.nevadajournal.com/nj98/05/prussian.htm

youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q Quick rundown of the function of American public school

youtube.com/watch?v=eP98ZKt709A Longer rundown of the function and history of American public school.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7PPR93XJk History of the Prussian education system and it being pushed on Americans. 21:15-25:10 explains the Volksschule and three tier class system.

youtube.com/watch?v=TDZVHaqEFWE Interview about all aspects of public education and state propaganda. First 50min is high density redpilling.

Pic related is a perfect example of modern textbook(Common Core) propaganda. Here you see them misword the second amendment. They leave some of them out in the more detailed write up and only give you a condensed summary of all of them. It's mind melting, scrambled bullshit used to confuse and propagandize.
These documentaries focus on Frederick the Great(his ideas went on to inspire the creation of K-12) and the generally traumatizing way the elite raise their children. I'm not sure about everything in the second doc, but the child rearing stuff is on point. They abuse their kids to bring about dis-associative and multiple personality disorder. Allowing them to act without empathy towards the outside world. The K-12 system seeks to abuse children in a similar way. It fractures their mind and allows for the programming of a new personality. It's why most people can't even bring themselves to see the system for what it really is.

youtube.com/watch?v=BqcK53mBuYE Abstract take on the psychology and history of Prussian mind control. Frederick's story.

youtube.com/watch?v=VTm_6nUCKKE Expose on elite lifestyle and upbringing.

youtube.com/watch?v=iupmR8GtRMY Elite inbreeding and homages to ancient Hebrew bloodlines. Kabala and Goetia based using of demons. Shows how the elites who organize the system see themselves in another realm of existence.