Shipwreck on banana island

>shipwreck on banana island
>due to my hard work, become the wealthiest man with the most bananas
>everyone else gangs up on me and steals all my bananas
>they throw them in the ocean, smear them on the ground, and build shitty furniture out of them
>when I tell them it's clearly theft, they point to useless constructions they made
>"You paid for the chance to use those. Also, we all agreed to take your stuff on a 100:1 vote. You had your say. If you're not happy, you're welcome to fuck off and move to the middle of the ocean instead."

How exactly is taxation NOT theft?

>Not owning tow missiles.
>Not having loyal army of child soldiers.
>Letting groups of more than 3 coordinate.

There's no difference in the two. Reality though, if you do not have the funds you likely end up in jail, which you then become a burden to other tax payers.

When your driving down that nice, paved road, and
when you go to the emergency room and cannot be denied, or when you go to the park that is groomed for you by the city so you can have a
nice picnic with your kids, when you take a shit and said shit travels down a public water works sewage system, literally everything in modern society is tax-funded. Don't want that? I guess you could move to the Amazon or something..

Here is what actually happened

>some asshole arrives on bana island first, and immediately sets to work harvesting all of the bananas in sight
>ruthlessly chops down banana trees in the process, limiting the amount of natural resources produced
>sequesters other banana trees on a plantation, restricting their access to others who arrive, who might have been able to gather bananas for themself, had the banana trees not been cut down or put behind a fence
>sells bananas to starving people in the island at an exorbitant price in labor, goods, or services
>the other people on the island decide they have had enough, demand access to bananas, or they will fucking kill the banana baron
>banana baron pouts and huffs, and gives away 1/8th of his bananas, which barely suffices to keep the poor retards who live on the island also alive, without having them effectively enslaved to his banana monopoly
>goes to the bananachan cork board and leaves a whiny 'anonymous' rant about taxation being theft, written with his own shit on the back of a palm leaf

>Letting groups of more than 3 coordinate
>333

if he arrived at the island first and thus claimed it, why is everyone else entitled to his land? because they exist? and if there's so little viable land there that a single person can dominate it all by himself, then it would never have been able to support so many people in the first place. They would have had to find greener pastures elsewhere anyway.

And in practice, nothing like this ever happened in real life. The only way you can dominate whole industries like this is with the power of governments and central states. An individual or a corporation, no matter how rich, can not monopolize an industry without government sanction.

Because they'll fucking kill him. Revolutions break the NAP, but without a state who enforces it?

What makes you think that the first shipwreck survivor to arrive on an island can make a legitimate claim to ownership?

How do other shipwreck survivors 'move on to greener pastures'?

Your entire premise assumes a population that doesn't have the means to leave.

If you don't want your shitty argument picked apart, don't make a shitty argument with a stupid premise.

>And in practice, nothing like this ever happened in real life.

Read a history book, you dumb nigger.

I would like to add that there is effectively no difference between a conglomerate of individual actors and a government, from the viewpoint of somebody being exploited by them.

Hired goons are hired goons, it doesn't matter if they wear a badge, or a company logo. It's the same thing, and ancap retards like to pretend its not.

The road you drive on to get your babanas at the store is a useless construction.

the food inspector that inspects your babanas for ecoli is a flagrant welfare recipient.

The port your babanas are shipped to and the road your babanas are trucked in on are superfluous.

here's a more realistic version of your scenario:

>man arrives on banana island before anyone else and claims it for himself
>starts collecting bananas to amass his fortune
>"shit, this is a lot of work. there's no way I can do this by myself."
>waits for more people to arrive
>promises he'll pay them in bananas if they help the collecting
>one of the workers decides that sleeping on the ground each day sucks
>invents a a shack made from banana trees
>banana baron is impressed and buys one from him
>shack man starts a business building shacks for all his coworkers
>shack man becomes quite wealthy
>shack man asks to buy some unused part of the island from the baron
>baron agrees, since it makes him wealthier with no downsides
>shack man builds shack factory, and pays other people to help him, paying them in bananas
>and so on

This is how economies work.

>"""""""""""""""""hard work"""""""""""""""""
Yeah, haha, whatever you say faggot!

Read "Violence is Golden" and you'll understand the simple concepts that elude most ancaps, op.

>>man arrives on banana island before anyone else and claims it for himself
>>starts collecting bananas to amass his fortune

Hates babanas from too many dam babanas. Dies to death from malnutrition eating only babanas.

no its not

how the fuck does collecting bananas make you rich?

I swear to god Sup Forums is just autistic retarded children who apparently played too much Donkey Kong 64

>be on island away from civilization
>only valuable thing you have is food, but you have most of it
>someone shows up with 6 gorrilion dollars in paper cash
>Lol I'm richer than you because I have this useless paper money :^)

>When your driving down that nice, paved road

I'm paying for it

>when you go to the emergency room and cannot be denied

and after you are presented with a bill

>go to the park that is groomed for you

I rather pay an entrance fee than 30%+ in taxes for a few visits a year

> when you take a shit and said shit travels down a public water works sewage system

i'm paying for it

>literally everything in modern society is tax-funded

no retard, you have to pay for all these AND you're getting taxed on top of that.

so if youre paying for it, its not theft. but then if you use the roads/sewer/park and avoid taxes, youre the thief.
either way. youre a faggot

>You all arrive on banana island at the same time
>1 man catches fish, another man builds shelters, another man finds medicinal plants, another man makes pottery, and there's a woman who offers vaginal services
>You're getting your bananas, and hording them
>You turn out to be a complete faggot, and don't want sex from the qt 10/10 Aryan goddess
>You don't like fish
>You'd rather sleep under trees
>You're healthy and don't need medicine
>But you want to store your bananas in a cold area, so you trade some bananas to the potter for a clay pot which can help you keep your bananas cool in the heat.
>Everyone is complaining about not having bananas, so they make the medicine man go out of his way to pick some bananas.
>Being a good capitalist, you pick all the bananas before he does, so you can outcompete the competition.
>They starve, because fish isn't enough sustenance
>You break your ankle and need medical assistance
>It starts raining, and you get cold
>You feel lonely, with no woman to cuddle
>You become calcium deficient.
>At least you have your pot.

So here's an alternative situation:
>You trade bananas for sex, pots, medicine, shelter, and fish.
>You keep the economy alive, thus keeping the people alive.
>But you only trade for your own benefit, which means that their higher demand could be your higher price.
>You benefit from their deficit; likewise, they benefit from your deficit.
>Eventually, All capitalists on the island succumb to malnutrition and exhaustion.

And here's another alternative:
>You give bananas freely to everyone, and everyone's like "This guy's really nice, so I'm gonna give him free stuff too".
>You become more trusting and trustworthy; you can ask them a favor, and you don't have to coerce them with money or by force like a commie
>Everyone's happier
>Everyone works because they like being happy
>Good times

you have no understanding of economics. I mean, neither does anyone else who responded to me, but still.

>so if youre paying for it, its not theft

When i'm paying for something i'm using it's not a theft. When i'm forced to pay for something i'm not using and not even likely to use it's theft.
Guess a welfare leeching abbo is too dumb to understand that.

>>You give bananas freely to everyone, and everyone's like "This guy's really nice, so I'm gonna give him free stuff too".

No, it's more like you are forced to give your bananas to a government gangster or you go to jail. Then the gangster redistributes bananas as he sees fit, spending the bulk of them to hire more fellow government gangsters, to arm them and build massive infrastructure to support them.
Eventually the gang grows so big that there's not enough bananas on the whole island to support them. Then they will borrow and make your children and grandchildren debt slaves to pay the interest for generations to come.

>shipwrecked on island with other survivors
>21 survivors in total
>island is populated with natives
>we have to give 20% of the bananas we harvest to natives and they will protect us from the local wildlife
>taxes are rounded to nearest whole number
>we all harvest 20 bananas each day
>4 bananas go to natives
>10 bananas are used to trade with natives for basic necessities such as clean water, non-banana food, ect.
>6 bananas profit
>one of the survivors befriends the chief of the tribe
>chief gives the man a sizeable plot of private land since they are friends
>it has 20% of the banana trees on it
>now we can each only harvest 16 bananas per day
>3 bananas profit after taxation
>man who owns banana trees makes us an offer
>we can harvest bananas on his land as long as we give him 50% of what we produce since he is letting us harvest on HIS land
>take the offer
>now harvest 18 bananas with 4 bananas profit
>still less than before he owned the land but if we don't take his offer we would have even less
>he now gets 40 bananas a day before taxation despite doing nothing

This is more accurate.

>>chief gives the man a sizeable plot of private land since they are friends
that wouldn't happen. by giving that land away for free, the natives are going to decrease their tax revenue by 20%. that clearly goes against their personal interest. they would only do so if they had something to gain, either directly by selling it for bananas, or indirectly through other favors and services.

Well, the intention of the natives was that he would get the other survivors to work on the now privately owned land. Also the land owner still gets taxed at the same rate as everyone else, so the natives don't have to worry about any banana loss.

Taxation, by definition, is theft. Many people are confused by the understanding that taxes are used to aid you/others/society (and it does, in some cases) and that therefore taking property from others under the threat of force is retroactively not stealing from them.

Let's say I mug you and use that money to buy a lottery ticket that ended up winning. Then, later I get a change of heart and feel bad, so I give you some of that money and you become a millionaire. Just because the outcome of me mugging you ended up being to your benefit doesn't retroactively mean I didn't mug you. That still happened.

This is a chief difference between liberals and conservatives. The right tends to understand the true and brutish nature of taxation and thus decides to use it sparingly. Liberals by contrast are almost always consequentialists, believing that the ends justifies the means (even when they don't provide evidence for it) and use taxation and subsequent govt programs/laws as a tool to fix any problem. The perceived ends exonerate any wrong doing that brought them there, thus it's easy for them to make the illogical argument that taxation =\= theft.

Some conservatives embarrassingly make this mistake too. It's a red pill some still need to take.

>huge unemployment
>lack of qualified workforce
>no company wants to invest in educating workers
>constantly asking for more immigration
>work conditions horrible
>up to 15 hours shifts with banana pay
>huge worker turnover
>asking for even more immigrants
>profits dropping like mad because nobody has any money
>mass emigration dropping consumer base even more and getting rid of any qualified workforce there is
>company still doing nothing besides jacking up prices and asking for more immigration

Croatia explained in 1 post

Somebody explain me this

Is taxation theft? I suppose it is to a degree, but what I don't understand is why capitalists complain about taxation, when the amount of surplus value the workers produce that is stolen by your is much greater than what taxation takes from your salary. Why can your boss take from the labour you produce but the government can't?