I been thinking about this and although im not religious at all i have decided to wear a cross from now on

I been thinking about this and although im not religious at all i have decided to wear a cross from now on.

Im tired of literally everyone bashing on christianity for no reason. Anyone else agrees?

Other urls found in this thread:

bible.knowing-jesus.com/phrases/Molten-Image
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what christ said is good if nothing else for the philosophy, im not really religious/christian either but i've read the bible and the new testament has some quite strong moral points which would make the world a better place if we lived by

that being said yes I wear a small cross

>Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me

Go ahead real christians dont wear crosses

FPBP

We should start wearing them as a symbol of western values

well considering it represents faith in jesus and that basically the whole western world was built on christian values I don't think there's really a difference

How about holsters instead?

>Im tired of literally everyone bashing on christianity for no reason.
user, a majority of Americans are Christian, there's just a loud minority of SJW's, calm down.

christian in denomination but not in actions, that's wroth less than nothing

why do people wear a tiny model of the method by which the romans executed jesus? its just stupid and has nothing to do with christianity

If you're gonna wear the cross wear the original not the one that represents a Talmudic torture device. Use the one that predates mankind. The one that represents spirit crucified on flesh.

Dimension 1 crossing Dimension 2 making Dimension 3 in the middle.

Got mine, gonna wear it as soon as i wake up tomorrow.
I love jesus and i love god. (:
Make you angry???

Considering he was the son of god he could have stopped the process. It was self sacrifice. The means were the romans.

Crosses are for women and proddies. Real men wear St. Christopher medallions.

Also the Romans used crosses because they represented their sun god.

I find myself not bashing christianity or people but bashing religion because its being used to control people and is mainly made of bias, ignorance, greed and dishonesty, all of which are things i hate.

do it, i also have a cross but its 24k so i don't wear it to dont have it stolen by a migrant ,(i live near a wellfare center and they always muster outside)

Tell them it's your lucky IUD that scraped your pre-spawn from your baby mama's cooch.

Tips fedora

>so your anti-christian agenda can still be pushed under the guise of no-religion, ok kike

Being Christian is a revolutionary act. Christianity has served well in the most difficult times for Europe an for every individual. In times of crisis and moral decay, Christ stands and points the right direction.

Don't wear a cross unless you actually are a Christian.

Christianity is not a social club.

The last thing we need is more false Christians.

I'm almost 100% the same as you, except for a couple of things.

I think we are all Christians. If you were brought up in the west and respect western values then you are a Christian. Your morals, your outlook, your hopes etc. You just don't realise it because they're so deep, so fundamental for you.
I stayed overnight in Fatima, Portugal last year. I saw people at the shrine, praying. I must have had a 'religious experience', an all-encompassing sensation I can't describe. I joined them.
I've worn a cross that I bought from there ever since.
I just wish I could un-swallow the atheist pill. I would feel justified in calling myself a Christian, but not being able to believe in God is kind of a deal-breaker.
There's a Catholic church near me. I may start attending.

Perhaps the good thing about this Muslim invasion is that it will remind us all that we are Christians, and show us the consequences for society of forsaking Jesus' teachings.

"Cultural Christians" are the worst.

Listen. Christianity isn't an ideology or a worldview. Being a Christian doesn't mean giving mere intellectual agreement to a set of propositions (Satan KNOWS Christianity is true). It isn't a political party that you can affiliate with. It means being in a spiritual state annointed by God through true faith in Jesus Christ and being filled with the Holy Spirit. No, if you don't believe in God, you aren't a Christian. Not even square one. Don't call yourself one. Attend Church and read the Bible and learn about the faith but be honest with yourself and others. Pray. Ask God to help you believe and He will.

>I stayed overnight in Fatima, Portugal last year. I saw people at the shrine, praying. I must have had a 'religious experience', an all-encompassing sensation I can't describe. I joined them.
You are weak. You can have the same kind of group spiritual experience from some LSD and a Phish concert. The trick is to let your mind guide your heart.

>I've worn a cross that I bought from there ever since.
Nice concert tee goy

>Advocates LSD use

You are either someone who took an insanely tiny dose or someone who never took it at all

Your mind is a beautiful mansion wonderfully furnished, LSD is like instantly blowing off all the doors and windows+leaving it that way for 100 years (you can never "undo" it)

I don't, and would NEVER recommend LSD to anyone especially normie-tier people who can't even smoke a bowl of weed by themselves
TLDR; follow the teachings of Christ and try your best to live as he did - there is love and truth in the red letters

I agree with you both.
I already said, it doesn't feel right to call myself a Christian. I want to, but it'd be disingenuous because I'm not.
In a world where God is dead for a majority of the populace, the state that I'm in is not uncommon. If you think that Christianity in the future will be able to look like it used to, with the state of most people now, then you're mistaken.
I already pray. I think I always have done but now I'm honest enough to call it prayer. It's the first step, I hope it isn't the last.
>Nice concert tee goy
It's a little more than that, but I get what you're saying. It was a first step.

In the meantime you'd better believe that people like me are a damn sight better than the total atheists faggots that worship multiculti and marxism.

OP is right.

If you pray , and live life like Christ
You are a Christian

All you have to do is believe

>I been thinking about this and although im not religious at all i have decided to wear a cross from now on.
>Im tired of literally everyone bashing on christianity for no reason. Anyone else agrees?

>John 3:16

Christianity (or religion in general) is a really private thing and completely okay. But a lot of people misuse christian values and the bible, rip them out of their contexts and abuse them for their sins.
One often used by war mongers is "eye for eye, tooth for tooth". They use it as justification of revenge and violence. They use it out of context. Originally it means "adequacy". In the old times blood revenge was common. Killing a whole family and enslaving all survivors for a minor act against your family was normal. The old testament stopped that by making that an act against God. You could say in its original context it means " don't do more harm to someone than he did to you". And it doesn't forbid to forgive or to do less.
There are so many examples of people abusing religion. The bashing of christianity is a result of that. You should not feel too much anger about it or be worried the way you chose is wrong.

I wear a cross everyday to work, and the muslims look upon me with hate.
I stand so tall, with so much conviction and steadfastness, they just back off without a word.

every_single_day

DEUS VULT

Same just that i did a tatoo on the chest.

"You have heard that it has been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:But I say unto you, That you resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Blaming Christianity for the works of men is a fool's errand

You sound like a huge faggot. Done Lsd twice. Dont believe this

I think the world would feel a lot darker without Christianity.

Christian here.
Okay. You do your thing.

You seem upset, mustve been my d I g I t s

I stand by my statement,
You either took a small dose or never did at all

We only need to "bash" it when they get uppity claiming to be superior.
They might not understand the connection with their ancestral roots and living the old way, perhaps not even defending their lands from what you said; a way to re-shape our peoples mind for the worse

You should not only pick up the cross but aim to be a saint and become holier every day.

i wear one all the time

correction:they were jews

>I've done LSD but didn't feel like it blew the hinges off my entire psyche.
You either haven't done LSD, did a measly dose, or were in an even more abject state before it.
>All you have to do is believe
I believe in Christ, I believe that he was the greatest moral tutor mankind has ever had, I believe that following his orders/advice from the bible makes me a better and stronger person, and would improve anyone.
But without believing in God I can't believe in his miracles, I can't truly believe in the resurrection without some contrived logical explanation.

It feels disingenuous to call myself a Christian, but maybe it's better to see it as a destination to strive for until death than an identity I've already attained.
It actually makes total sense. It's a symbol of the constant sacrifice that one must make to attain perfection. It's a symbol of self-sacrifice in standing up for truth and right. Nothing is more righteous.

Your attraction to the cross could very well be the Holy Spirit, OP. Join the rest of us sinners in church this sunday. The best things in life are free.

Accept Christ. There is no other way.

Christians should not be make molten images or the use of idols like the pagans do. The Bible goes over this about a million times.

bible.knowing-jesus.com/phrases/Molten-Image

But if you're a atheist who wants to piss off leftists than I don't really see why not other than that God said not to (but you don't believe in him so that's not really an argument to you, obviously).

>There is no other way.

yea thats not creepy at all you shitheel

>quoting Numbers of all things

One of us
One of us

I say this as someone who struggles very deeply with faith coming from a hardcore atheist background, but it is possible to convert genuinely.

You will never have a "logical" proof of God in the Richard Dawkins' standard of proof sort of way. Even the Bible says this repeatedly. Our souls are saved for believing on Jesus Christ, not our bodies, so the test that God puts us to by which we can be saved is purely spiritual.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:24
>For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

1 Corinthians 2:14
>But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Romans 10:13-17
>For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
>How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
>But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I'd disagree, there is a long history of academic support and defense for theism. Faith we focus on in Christianity is a faith in God rather than a faith of God.

Try to say that to an atheist lol

I have. Multiple times. I've hosted Catholic Generals for three years or so so to answer questions and aid others with information.

I wear cross, even im atheist. i started this summer.
Its just to show which side im on, when the religious war begins.

pic related, its me.

I took that shit off two years ago and denounced christianity. Living has become a lot more black but I just can't get back to the christ convictions after accepting it as fallacy, I just can't

I don't particularly care what academics say on theology.

1 Corinthians 2:5
>That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

You care enough to make the claim that there will be no logical proofs for God, which is precisely what I'm speaking of.

Yeah because the Bible specifically says it's "spiritually discerned".

I do as a statement of solidarity with Christians against islam

In regards to the gifts of the spirit, which isn't what is spoken of here.

>Anyone else agrees?
No.

Although the sentiment of 'solidarity' is be appreciated, vain outward expressions are unfortunately to your detriment. Not that I am saying your sentiment is vain. Just the outward expression of "Christianity" would be.

Take the notion that Christian values are positive for societies as a suggestion to look further into the truth of the matter.

It may be that the suggestion is merely coincidence, but the study of Christianity will at least serve to provide a better argument against those who would push back on the baseless objection that the values derive from stupid desert people. IE: you can argue on the value of the ethics apart from Christianity, rather than that Christianity has anything to do with it.

Don't wear the cross unless you are willing to actually carry it in sincere belief. Otherwise you're just as liable to undermine the values you believe are positive.

>Wearing the symbol for something you don't believe in.
You like a fasting man that puts on a sad face or the guy intentionally praying loudest in the temple.

Either make an effort to change yourself, or don't wear it.