Germany imposes €50 million fines on social media firms that don't delete hate speech

Germany's parliament voted Friday to punish social media giants with fines of up to €50 million if they systematically fail to remove illegal hate speech.

Berlin took the measure, one of the toughest in the world, after a surge in racist and incendiary speech online, particularly since the arrival of around one million asylum-seekers since 2015.

Under German law, Holocaust denial, incitement of hatred, and racist and anti-Semitic speech are illegal.

But critics warned that the prohibitive fines would stifle legitimate free speech by prompting online giants like Twitter and Facebook to excessively delete and censor posts as a precaution.

thelocal.de/20170630/germany-imposes

How is this a bad thing?

why don't the company just tell Germany to ban their site then?. Sounds like a huge risk to operate in Germany if Germany can just milk the company whenever their court-system wants to?

how is this even implemented

Like I give a fuck

>WE NEED MORE CHEAP LABOR FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL BOSSES SO WE CAN EARN MORE MONEY
Don't be a bigot non-cuck? Why don't you spread your anus Hans and while you at it also give your job and pay more taxes, then that woman of yours is now nigger slaves, you can become a good tranny yourself too, that's so tolerant. Keep voting those Christian Democrats, they conserve Judaism so well.

Breaking news: all social media blocked in Germany!

Global """hate speech"""on social media probably generates more revenue than all german users of said social media

Looks like a new E war is opening up.

call the troops...we have some shit posting to do

Why don't they fine phone companies who carry hate conversations on their lines?

Looking forward to Sup Forums being slammed with a 50 million dollar fine

I did 3 tours in the meme war - the good guys lost

>hate speech
literally
>ban everything we don't like
and literally
>thought crimes
Germany is full blown DDR again. Jesus christ. I want to get out but the entire west is as cucked as this.

so they are gonna fine Sup Forums for same reason
kek

Fuck 'em. That's what I say. We dig deeper. Shit I'm sure alot of us here don't even use Fagbook or Twatter. They want another meme war. They'll get it.

Like we'd even respond.

Germany is a shit place, they even track the internet if you download something illegally and fine you.

only the UK and Sweden is as bad as that. Italy, Spain, eastern Europe no one really cares.

If you spammed fb and twitter with enough NSFW content, so much they couldn't possibly moderate it all, could they get sued into oblivion?

I feel increasingly sorry that they didnt win the war

this garbage would not come here were it not for our defeat 45

maybe it's quite the right time to move elsewhere desu desu

/thread

I doubt this law is going to be enforced completely, as half of our politicians post "hate speech" themselves. Stuff like "you have to attack members of the afd". Once they get their own propaganda deleted they'll pull back and only apply it to people that do not share the goverment-issued position.

even if its not enforced completely, this sets a precedent for abuse in the future for political purposes

Why are germans such cucks?

how does that even work? a post from Canada can get flagged by germans and it would have to be deleted?

Spain, huh?

fuck off nigger

Jewry won WW II that is why. Jews control almost every White nation now.

Looks like another staged photo.

The problem here is that they leave it completely open what "hate speech" actually is. They did not provide those companies with any clear rules.

So the companies will end up deleting absolutely everything just to avoid the fine.
It's intentionally weakly defined so they can put all the blame on the companies when those end up deleting political dissidence rather than admitting that was what they were going for all along.

>Germany is full blown DDR again.

>they allowed the reunification without also banning every single Eastern German from public offices to prevent communist subversion

They sure were fucking retarded to believe this was a generous gesture from communist Russia rather than just a Trojan horse.

Just spam Facebook and Twitter and make them pay to take it down

Win win

50 million fines is not true, it would just go to court.
comments which are obviously against the law have to get deleted within 5 or 7 days after flagging and the social media comps have to name a contact for the government.
i mean fb is already censoring whatever they want, it wont change anything really - if you posted something illegal you could already get put to court, now there is just any resemblance of a consequence if the social media company doesnt give a fuck. still its a badly made law which was created and passed way too fast to put it into a legaly correct form, im pretty sure itll be judged illegal by the supreme court with the first lawsuit. (like what just happened with the nuclear-tax)

Yeah, the Spanish government payed hundreds of people to march and pretend to support a policy nobody likes. That's totally more likely than that there are hundreds of cucks in Spain willing to march for something like that.

You people are insane sometimes.

funny, but "Die Linke" was the only party which voted against the law

HEIL HITLER

Pretty sure that is mostly because the Linke is opposition by ideology though. They'll vote against almost everything simply out of principle - it's what keeps getting them elected, despite the fact that they'll never have any real influence. Because it's a protest vote.

So when are we invading Germany

More likely a country wide range ban

>Sounds like a huge risk to operate in Germany

If the fines outweigh the income from data mining analytics of the german population, then they would probably just block germany.

Is "Fuck Germany, and fuck German muslims" hate speech? If yes, Fuck Germany, and fuck German muslims

Please make memes.
Pic of Brutal Commie stormtrooper.
Commie backdrop.
"REPORT A GERMAN TODAY!"
or
REPORT ALL NON GOVERNMENT THOUGHTS
or
IT IS A CRIME TO COMPLAIN. THINK ONLY AS WE TELL YOU.
or
TRUST ME OR GO TO THOUGHT CAMP.
or
CONFORM TO GOVERNMENT THOUGHT NOW OR GO TO CAMP FOR SUMMER.

Just banned all accounts from German IPs for my start up.
Feels litigation free, man.

We need to hang all the Jews and their lackeys in government in the streets.

#Report A German Today!

Should be trending. It is a 4D troll. It agrees with the government position so it won't get taken down. It lives, it spreads.

Europe wants old world monarchism and ideological imperialism. Fuck Europe. USA is the genuine greatest

You need to hang Germans. Judging by the shit news I see on Sup Forums about us we are a far bigger problem than the jews.

>payed
>paid

Pls do. This time we actually need to be liberated

THE WRATH OF THE AWAKENED GERMAN

It was not part of their blood,
It came to them very late,
With long arrears to make good,
When the Germans began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
They were icy -- willing to wait
Till every count should be proved,
Ere the German began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.
Their eyes were level and straight.
There was neither sign nor show
When the German began to hate.

It was not preached to the crowd.
It was not taught by the state.
No man spoke it aloud
When the German began to hate.

It was not suddently bred.
It will not swiftly abate.
Through the chilled years ahead,
When Time shall count from the date
That the German began to hate.

>be racist
>have consequences
>be mad
Lol. You people deserve this

DELETE THIS NOW

Your people's compliant demeanor is taken advantage of by closet Commies. For this you should be gassed. German's do what they are told. Turn that to your advantage.

>For this you should be gassed.
This will be what I focus on in your post and I completely agree.

>Sup Forums
>social media

What is hate speech to you, is not hate speech to others. It is all subjective. Me giving a statistic that most terrorist attacks are from Islam can be considered hate speech now. How is there any room for debate when you cant speak freely about sensitive topics? This is getting closer and closer to real fascism. Brought to you by the left.

because muslims are sandnigger faggots who suck cum out of their queer prophets hairy prolapsed asshole. Choke on nigger shit, faggot muhammad and all of her followers will be raped in hell by pig demons

>Cash cow
Are they smart or what, I hope they IP range ban the whole union.

I don't get this hatespeech thing. Is this just about blocking people and punishing them for telling the truth?

Like what if I said the following:

>People are taking this feminism thing too far now. It was meant for population control and it's supposed to be about just making women work so it can lower wages and make it harder to have families. Meanwhile pretending that sitting in a cubicle for hours while hearing printers go off feels liberating.

Would I get my door ripped off the hinges and get raided by the police if I said this in germany?

it protects kikes, niggers, muslims and faggots. Literally nothing else. They are demons, and they are going to burn eternal for their crimes

Nothing would happen. But you can't say stuff like "Gas the kikes, race war now. Holocaust was a lie. Shoot all niggers" etc.

lolllllllllllll

A private company deleting speech it doesnt agree with on its own private servers is perfectly fine, if a little cunty. A government forcing them to censor their private servers is a breach of basic human rights. Actual human rights, not the retarded shit eurocucks consider rights like resources and services that actually belong to other people.

Numbers don't lie

About time you folks Jo Cox some of those legislators.

You should, this is probably going to be every country in 10-15 years. We will look back on these years as the good old days, when we could still relatively say whatever we want on the web. The NWO is coming, unless we somehow win, but I can't see that happening.

Well if that's the case than I don't care much. It's still feels draconian though.

And now phase 2 of the "flood Europe with Muslims" begins. Illegal to criticize, illegal to complain, illegal to tell anyone else what is happening to you or your neighborhood.

How about social media and YouTube no longer is allowed for Western Europe? If they want to be like China with censorship we should just take the platform away and give them what they want.

Stasi are back in full swing

Who defines hate speech?
A government who doesn't agree with your political ideology or stand on refugees?
Fuck that.

>And now phase 2 of the "flood Europe with Muslims" begins. Illegal to criticize, illegal to complain, illegal to tell anyone else what is happening to you or your neighborhood.
It's the UN one world order bullshit.

>These people are still emphasizing how censorship is an indicator and enabler for dictatorship

We fucking warned them this would happen. Sup Forums has pointed out this pattern many many times.

Grow a pair Germany before it's too late.

The meme war never ended, you fucking cuck. You scum aren't the good guys, no matter how much brown dick you suck.

I said this yesterday, they would impose financial sanctions against Facebook etc when they asked how they could impose this new hate speech law thing.

Called it the fuck out.

>no more krauts on 4chines

mook would never pay a fine

>Faceberg gets fined over hate speech
>Blocks service in Germany
>Normies chimp out
Could be good in the long run.

Those are catalans, the niggers and commies of spain so not a point.