Catholics btfo

You have thirty seconds to explain how the Trinity isn't idol worship.

Hard mode - no using the letter e

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yyj5GuXuaos
youtube.com/watch?v=7XtEZvLo-Sc&index=10&list=PL22J3VaeABQAT-0aSPq-OKOpQlHyR4k5h
youtu.be/DjCJFYVEqZc
youtu.be/67x3GiPDfvk
youtu.be/3F7h-TStNd8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=yyj5GuXuaos

You know Protestants worship the trinity as well, right?

OP is a faggot

>Hard mod
Fuck you Muhamad

>Your doctrine and practices are wrong and unfounded
>creates thousands of new sects of Christianity

Protestants are the worst

>Isaac Newton
>Trinitarian

W-
>Hard mode - no using the letter e
lol no

The trinity is an attempt to understand the nature of God. The mystery of god is unfathomable. Literally it can't be comprehended. It's incoherent and illogical. And think about it, how can an entity that is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent be coherent, logical, and understandable?

Basically, if you think that what you understand as God is incoherent or illogical, that does not itself disprove God.

Also, offtopic but I want to say it. You're not supposed to have faith in God. That's ridiculous, it's like having faith in Gravity. God is undeniable. You're supposed to have faith that God is on your side and that things will turn out for the best, even when you are being tested. THAT is faith. Not insisting to atheists and heathens that God is real.

>Literally it can't be comprehended.

Yeah I cannot comprehend how you fags don't see the evil of a being that killed his hippy son to forgive mankind for eating a pear from his tree of knowledge of good and evil, holy shit, it was a single pear.

>durrr I'm too stupid to understand a transcendant story about the development of self-consciousness and the discovery of moral knowledge and the discovery of the concept of sacrifice
Sort yourself out.

You should post your proof firste.

It's not a story about self-consciousness though, as self consciousness =/= disctinction between good and evil.

Oh hey what do you know
This is for you youtube.com/watch?v=7XtEZvLo-Sc&index=10&list=PL22J3VaeABQAT-0aSPq-OKOpQlHyR4k5h

Your point is moot. God knows God. The first 5 books are given directly and declare that there is only one god. If Jesus is god then the making of his image is idoltry. If Jesus is a prophet then his worship is idoltry.

As a matter of fact it is. Watch the video I posted.
>let's accept that torturing an infant is wrong
>set aside the question of why you would do that
>how do you know how to do that?
That's the question.
>before self-consciousness, like a cat playing with it's prey
>the cat is not "evil" because it cannot create a representation of what it is doing and analyze it, it lacks the capacity
>humans gain this capacity through a combination of snakes, fruit, and women being selective maters
>humans become self conscious, immediately clothe themselves (clothing is a human universal)
>why wear clothes?
>because you recognize that YOU ARE VULNERABLE
>when you understand that you are vulnerable, you can imagine how to inflict suffering on other people
>at that point you have the knowledge of evil, but also the knowledge of good because you know how to alleviate their suffering as well

SORT
YOURSELF
OUT

Fuck off muslim heathen. Images are not idolatry. Jesus Christ is God and his worship is not wrong.

Images that are worshipped are directly ideology. Let's not even talk about Mary.

You know Isaac Newton was very religious?

Or idolatry. Phones are hard.

>As a matter of fact it is. Watch the video I posted.

You're just worshipping the demiurge and he clouds your mind.

Yes, he was. He was also very anti-trinitarian.

Nobody worships the physical object that is the image you mong.
>Mary
Yes let's not get into that because I'm busy and don't have time to explain in detail why adoration of the quintessential model of female behavior is a good thing and not wrong (Jesus Christ being the quintessential model of male behavior).

Is that how you say "I'm out of arguments" in heretic?

>We have this molten god we made that God directly states not to make
>This isn't idolatry lol

There's no arguing with you because instead of respecting your own law and not adding to the word of your god, you will reinterpret one hundred times until you like what your ears hear.

And I can prove it.

Example: Explain Jeremiah 8:8 and how the bible would be infallible.

The trinity is literally god you halfwit

>caring this much about a schizophrenic jew on a stick

Fucking iconoclast heresy got btfo in the first millennium. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and creating a new denomination every time some piece of theology doesn't fit with your massive ego

Trinity only came about to help convert celts who worshipped maiden/mother/crone.

>be OP
>don't understand a 4th dimensional being
>through flawless logic and sourced claims say trinity is idol worship

More like
>be op
>claim worshipping god is idol worship

It's certainly an interesting retarded spin on Arianism I'll give him that

>You have thirty seconds to explain how the Trinity isn't idol worship.
It's in the Bible. First Council of Nicaea - Symbol of Faith (Nicene Creed). I thought Protestants believed in at least the Trinity.

>You have thirty seconds to explain how the Trinity isn't idol worship

Because God is truly unconcievable and un-knowable, yet through His grace, energies, love, we can know Him. He is a mystery, just as the Holy Trinity -The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. One God, three persons of one essence, equal, inseparable, yet distinct.

Catholics and Protestants are both wrong.

You keep your church and God in your heart, not a false temple.

Learn the rules, oh and stop playing around with rosary beads Cathlocucks, we all know you shove them up your arses. Like the candle sticks you shove up there, as well as little boys.

You sick fucks!

No.
2 Corinthians 13:14
>The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

>Yeah I cannot comprehend how you fags don't see the evil of a being that killed his hippy son to forgive mankind for eating a pear from his tree of knowledge of good and evil, holy shit, it was a single pear.
God is good and did not create sin, nor evil, as evil cannot come from good. Sin is turning away from God.
There's 2000 years of Orthodox arguments disorovo ng your shallow stances, read up.
Specifically, St Athanasius, St John of Damascus, and St Gregory Palamas.

what the fuck do you mean trinity is idol worship and catholics btfo? even protestants believe in it

>"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

Also, the infallibility of the Bible is an interesting topic, and it depends on what you mean by TRUE. There are multiple levels of analysis including by not limited to the literal.

As to that verse, the idea is that the Bible is true, but you cannot say that you are wise (understand it) when teachers tell you lies. A perfect example is cucked churchians using Leviticus 19:33-34 to justify open borders and unlimited "refugees". The teaching of the Bible is twisted by charlatans to manipulate the devout but easily misled.

For further analysis of what truth is watch the Sam Harris - Jordan Peterson debate, the first one.

Name one person who's doing that. Who's actually worshiping a molten statue as a god in itself.

Most atheists are just smart enough to question the literal interpretation of the Bible, but foolish enough to completely miss the deeper levels of analysis and completely miss the point. Like "proving" that a global flood didn't happen, so the message of the story about living your life correctly even when everyone else is corrupt and preparing for the worst even in good times, they completely ignore that.

Do you care about your family, your car, your pirn, emotions, girl, guy, child, school, job, looks, or money more than God? They take up your time and resources more than you give Him? Then, that is idoltry. Protestants are idol worshipping by being worldly and indulgent without realizing it. Many Orthodox, we fall for this trap too.
Yet, we do not worship anyone but God. Read your Greek bible, you'll see the word for veneration is used for Saints, The Theotokos, icons, etc, while the word for worship is reserved for God alone.
You venerate the us flag with the pledge, you kiss your kid good night - are you now an idol worshipper?

Yes, neck yourself christcuck

There's good material for a smuggie in there
>eheheh, one of the people who claims to be a devout follower of your creed abuses people, therefore you're all abusers and I can disregard everything you say, nice try catholicucks

How can it be written in the Bible if you claim it was made to convert the Celts?

>thousands
If you arent a retard its easy to read the bible and see what Protestant denomination is most compatible with scripture, Catholics dont even bring personal bibles to church so I wouldn't expect them to read anything outside of what Father O'Sullivan shovels into their head or what the church fathers said

>You keep your church and God in your heart, not a false temple.
Yes, let's ignore all the epistles and Acts how there is the establishment of Christ's one Church on Pentecost, the faith once and for all delivered unto the saints, and how the Church is the body of Christ on Earth and Christ is the High Priest of that body. Protestants, everyone. Geez my ego rather than accepting Christ's established authority He gave to His Apostles and those they transferred it to his Apostolic Succession. Bevause what I want matters most! Radical autonomy instead of Communion!

It can't be explained to brainlets.

Its not a claim, its a well known fact.

How deluded can you be sandnigger.

Because it's three facets of the same thing.

Water can be liquid, gas or solid but it's still water.

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one in the same.

You fucking cuck.

>citation needed

>3000 years of history must be fake, my desert book told me so.

>If you arent a retard its easy to read the bible and see what Protestant denomination is most compatible with scripture
Yes, none.
There is not one piece of Holy Scripture that is in contradiction to His One Church, the Orthodox Church, His Ancient Church and true faith. Meanwhile, Galatians 1:6-12 destroys Protestants, as does 2 Peter 1:20-21. They don't preach the full truth, so it ends up being another Christ.

>hurr durr the trinity was invented to convert the Celts
The Trinity is God. It's in the Bible.

>citation needed
Having no sources to back up your "historical" claims just makes you look retarded

>Water can be liquid, gas or solid but it's still water
Sorry, Modalism is a heresy. God is the Holy Trinity.. not one, then the other, then the other.

BTFO sandnigger

That's what I said retard

It is idol worship, WE PAGANS NOW.

If the Orthodox were truly the people of God then why did God allow Constantinople to be sacked by muslims and the largest Orthodox cathedral to be converted into a mosque? Punishment for false doctrines perhaps?

Ice cannot be gaseous. So you're saying that the Father cannot be if the Son is at a given moment. So no, that isn't what you said.

If you're not going to actually try your best to discuss the MYSTERY of the Trinity, it's better to just accept that it is a divine mystery and leave it at that.

Implying Trinity isn't what any orthodox form of Christianity is built upon as a philosophical foundation.

(No e's!)

Silence infidel.

Yes, yes we should ignore it, because it's all idolatry, false temples. Drag queen popes and bishops that like wearing dresses and walking around with rods.

Whores of Satan, demons the lot of them! You do not need false temples or false priests to commune with God. Scripture is all written by schizophrenic nutjobs that smoked too much weed and didn't realise the voices they were hearing was the result of psychosis.

Now you be silent, you burn in hell you scum! YOU SCUM SCUM! Yes you scum and you know you're scum that's going to hell.

>If the Orthodox were truly the people of God then why did God allow Constantinople to be sacked by muslims and the largest Orthodox cathedral to be converted into a mosque? Punishment for false doctrines perhaps?
The kingdom of God is not of this world.
Also, apply that argument a few more times and you'll have Rome. The Orthodox Church is the Church of martyrs, yet just as Christ said, the gates of hell shall not prevail against Her. Iconoclasm, Roman Catholicism, Islam, Communism, Secularism, all has come yet She stands thanks be to God. Chrust has already won, death is defeated. Satan and demons have no power over us. Islam, satanic as it is, has no power as it is of this fallen world, while God's Kingdom is not of this world.
Orthodoxy is the faith once and for all delivered unto the Saints. No revivals, no new outpouring of the Holy Spirit, no infallible human but Christ, no innovation. If you're srrious at wanting to know more instead of argue, go attend a Divine Liturgy.

>it's better to just accept that it is a divine mystery and leave it at that.
Yes. Yet Roman Catholics and by extension Protestants desire to minimize Him into a scholastic box.

May the Lord rebuke you and have mercy on you.
Go learn instead of LARP, attend an Orthodox Divine Liturgy. Your argument says ignore Acts, the Apostles, and historical Christianity. You're a Gnostic essentially, doing what you want based on your ego.

youtu.be/DjCJFYVEqZc

youtu.be/67x3GiPDfvk

youtu.be/3F7h-TStNd8

I'm not religious and I think this makes a lot of sense.

If my priest could articulate like you, I'd probably still be Catholic.

I thought it was a retelling of the Greek Trivium.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity#History

The first of the early church fathers to be recorded using the word "Trinity" was Theophilus of Antioch writing in the late 2nd century. He defines the Trinity as God, His Word (Logos) and His Wisdom (Sophia)[31]

>actually admitting to be a mudslime in a catholic theology thread
Seriously just fuck off. Go sack constantinople some more.

Watch the video series I linked by Jordan Peterson. He's fantastic.

I have much more of an issue with Rome than with Orthodox Christians, but the one thing I am fairly ignorant about is how your salvation doctrine differs from that of the Catholic church, I have always wondered this and I feel like I've never been given a clear answer

>not worshipping idols
It's fine senpai. Don't sweat it.

>catholic theology thread
It's essentialy for every major Christian denomination. Even Lutherans and Calvinists believe in the Trinity.

the most petty mother fucker of all time..

If the trinity is wrong then why does God refer to Himself as WE alot in the Bible????

>I have much more of an issue with Rome than with Orthodox Christians, but the one thing I am fairly ignorant about is how your salvation doctrine differs from that of the Catholic church, I have always wondered this and I feel like I've never been given a clear answer

God bless. Well, I still stock by my last statement of check out Divine Liturgy, the talk and ask after.
Ultimately, God became Man so that man might becime like God. Salvation is to become by God's grace what Christ is by nature. His death destroyed death, giving us eternal life; however, though it is there, do we accept it, living our life fully for God and picking up our cross as Christ tells so many times? If you live the Orthodox Way, then you will if you take Chrust seriously. Salvation is a process, not a moment, and it takes our devotion all our lives. Not faith alone, not works, not love with our Christ, but a living faith by works through love, all intertwined as Christ and His Apostles taught, as does His Church they established teach. Liturgy is not for our gratification, not for sermons, not for us, but for worship of God in all our being. You'll likely be surprised how immersed with Scripture it is, too.
To put it briefly and quote our Lord, come and see.

fuck off Ahmed.

Thank you for answering my question without being belligerent, I respect your church and I've never met an Orthodox that I did not like on a personal level, I will remain a Protestant until I die, however I wish you the best of luck should you continue to spread your message to the lost especially in this degenerate world

Lord bless you and keep you safe. All the more if you check out an Orthodox Liturgy. Most of us are converts from Protestantism, believe it or not.

Because its god, not a false god/ fake god..

hard mode.. ha!