We've invented a device which can be a phone, a computer, a credit card, a mailbox, a gps navigator, a television...

>we've invented a device which can be a phone, a computer, a credit card, a mailbox, a gps navigator, a television, a record player, a camera for both stills and film, a gaming system, and a calculator at any point
>this device is so small that it can fit in our pockets
>Conservatives and old people hate it with a passion for literally no reason other than young people use it

What the fuck is with all the backlash against smartphones from old people? Why do they hate progress?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Conservatives and old people hate it with a passion for literally no reason other than young people use it
>conservatives
citation needed, conservative like it arguably more than liberals because they use it to work (most liberals don't work) and make their work easier.
>old people
old people hate everything.

>record player
Cellphones will never replace record players
Fuck you

Jewphone.

A 95 year old man used his smartphone to help me and the lady at the counter of Walgreens find a specific store number just yesterday. He was telling me how incredible he thought it was that we have these things now. I got talking to him, and he was super conservative—based dude in my book.

I hate that out of touch image so much it hurts
>obvious dig at pokemon go and people on their cell phones
>pokemon go has been dead to everyone but autists and kids since a week after it came out
>meanwhile literally everyone on their cell for facebook, just like before pokemon go and for a decade after

I've never heard an old person complain about a smartphone, only smartphone users.

yep, analogue to analogue is a superior recording method

>Every single person in the nation carries around what amounts to a government and corporate spying device that keeps then locked into the grid and system no matter where they go or what they do
>This is a good thing

It is easy access to the social heroin that is facebook/instagram/snapchat etc. These things are poisoning our minds and we love it.

Maybe it's the fact that people use it as a crutch for social anxiety instead of actually, you know, interacting with each other and getting the fuck over it.

because it's adding to the decay of society while simultaneously benefiting society in some ways.

And (((we))) love it because we are able to track all your movements, purchasehistory, calls etc.

The only difference between digital and a record is the shitty scratching effect and pointless rituals. Digital has a higher quality.

Well, I hate it because:
>Jews

>Bread and circus

>Literal GPS device in your pocket

>Literal camera and mic in your pocket

>Everything you say/do is monitored and collected

>Jews

No denying it contributes to the ADD of this generation, but the phones themselves don't need to be faulted.

The majority of people use it for meaning less things, like playing abhorrent "free to play" games, or browsing some shitty social network. No-one in their right mind would argue that smart phones aren't a net benefit, but they do have a negative side.

because your are a generation of fucking idiots who have zero conception of how the technologies that dictate your every thought work, and how pathetically you are manipulated by it all.

Your minds are zombified by inane consumerist retardation, you twitch to ever corporate command from facebook and apple,. you have no historical awareness or political consciousnesses.
and that's just the beginning of the list.

>conservatives hate phones
Nigger are you retarded? Obvious liberal retard trying to spam

>>Everything you say/do is monitored and collected
This is just a meme.
You can turn your phone off and remove the battery, can't you? If not you got a cuckphone.

I forgot to mention that it's probably bad if young kids get unfiltered access to the internet (think of all the kids who made asses out of themselves on youtube or other social media platforms), or if the wast majority of them grow up playing free games where you have to watch an ad to level faster, because the games that have a set price but no bullshit make less money overall, and the parents wouldn't buy those for their kids when there are free games anyway.

Young fags will never know the pre-smartphone feels.

>When you're out with friends everyone socializes.
>When you're at a pub no one is constantly looking at their phone.
>No self-centered women taking pictures of themselves every 5 seconds.
>News stories related to what x-celebrity posted on Twitter is non-existent.
>If you missed a call it was left at that.
>You would call people, not text. This is a bigger one than most people realize. There is something to be said for hearing someone's voice, rather than reading their words.

It is gone though, and will never come back.

I have a smart phone and I keep it on airplane mode most of the time and only use it to play chess.

>people getting lazier from technology
>people needing constant stimulation now
>technology now makes people less capable of dealing with the ups and downs of everyday life
>people who can't really afford current tech constantly overextending themselves to pay for it and hurting their finances elsewhere
>people more vested in caring about their online lives than reality
>technology being used to constantly influence our opinions and thoughts by those who profit off of us

GEE, WHY WOULD THOSE OF US WHO GREW UP WITHOUT THIS SHIT THINK IT MIGHT BE LESS THAN PERFECT, OP?!?

blah blah blah boomer shit.
No one cares about your nostalgia.

>>we
WUZ

I have a flip phone

Smartphones are just one vehicle amongst many to provide distraction. If you don't get it from a phone, you get it somewhere else. Quit being faggots

because you can't go 10 minutes without looking at them. you're fucking addicted to that shit
the only reason you're complaining is because
you're too young to remember when people were actually humans who had face-to-face interactions
good example: I remember on thanksgiving seeing my sister trying to get her son to look up from his iphone and participate in the celebration. he was too stuck playing games on it to care
this is what we're teaching these kids. fucking drones

>remove the battery
jew meme to make you feel safe

there's an internal battery in every processor post 2010 with NSA backdoors built right in.

Conservatives have small minds and cannot comprehend technology or progress, therefore they instinctively lash out at it.

>its been turned I to a tracking device
>progress

Its got its issues op.

>"everyone older than 30 is a boomer"

I see that your phone has made you retarded, and you need to be 18 to post here, kiddo.

How many companies still record non digitally? Pretty sure most new records are just bait made from a digital source so they can get you to pay extra.

Aesthetics >

>I have a flip phone because I lack the self control to use a smartphone for anything else than facebook, and I'm happy paying the mobile network jew for pricey text messages instead of using cheap instant messaging.

I'm not a boomer. I actually fall into the beginning of the millennial category, as terrible as that is. I wouldn't even say it is nostalgia, it was just a better time. Why do you think people make 90's threads on here regularly? It was the last time people were human.

>flag
I always see you shitposting when I come here. Can your faggot reddit liberal ass fuck off nigger. No ones falling for your tricks

cell phones and it's easy access to social media has corrupted the youth

>addicted

Thats like saying someone who uses glasses is addicted to them.

The phone heightens your awareness of the world, its not 'a thing' you are looking at, its lots of things that you can look at with your phone.

things less capable than smartphones were fucking science fiction when i was a kid and i often find myself marveling at them.

>What the fuck is with all the backlash against smartphones
It turns you into a zombie controlled by its phone.

They're warming up to the idea. I've been seeing more older people than ever with iPhones.

It was just a societal phase.

why?

>can almost instantly order a whore for free over tinder

We hate liberals as much as you do jackass.

Dude I'm 20 years old and I think smartphones are a meme. Sure, they do everything but that's kinda the problem. They connect us so much that we become disconnected from reality. People are living vicariously through them. Go to literally any public place and just look around, you'll see most people with their face buried in their phone.

They're also great vectors for three letter agencies to spy on you from but that's a whole different ballpark.

>people getting lazier from technology
A "problem" since the beginning of time. If not for technology I'd be putting furrows in your back with a cat of 9 tails while you built my pyramid, faggot.
>people needing constant stimulation now
People preferring constant stimulation over boredom =/= Needing constant stimulation
>technology now makes people less capable of dealing with the ups and downs of everyday life
[citation needed]
This runs counter to your first point; try harder.
>people who can't really afford current tech constantly overextending themselves to pay for it and hurting their finances elsewhere
Might have a point with this one but this is not a new problem; same thing happened with televisions, refrigerators, etc.
>people more vested in caring about their online lives than reality
When large swathes of people are checking out of society why is it easier to believe the problem lies with millions of people and not with society?
>technology being used to constantly influence our opinions and thoughts by those who profit off of us
Once again, been an issue since the dawn of advertising and propaganda.

>disconnected from reality
Reality is what you perceive it as

Why were there millions of people against the television when it was released? When you don't understand something it's easier to dismiss it as a fad or stupid.

I bought DAMN. On wax. I dont have a record player but my brother does. His records sound scratchy its either the records themselves or his player or his room floor is uneven

>even reality is subjective, kamerad

It's not a meme if it's true. Also most phones don't even let you take out the battery. Personally I carry a dumbphone but if I'm in a room full of other people there's quite a big chance that whatever I'm saying is being recorded.

Dependance from smartphones is turning people useless. In past generations, people participated in wars or did military service, they knew how to orientate between the streets... In other words, they were tough. People today are weak bastards who don't know to do anything by their own.

It's argued that digital strips music from all natural tones and vibrations that would normally be experienced which is why there are people that prefer vinyl over anything else.

d jay is fuckin awesome, played a few parties using my phone, kicked it

native south americans saw the spanish coming from the sea in their boats, they did not see the massive ships anchored off shore, it was just incompatible with their entire preconception, and so their minds just filtered it out.

There is no objective reality, not one we can know.

>doesn't realize reality is a social construct

do u even philsophy brah?

If you perceive a phone screen as your reality or a more visceral reality than the world around you, you are part of the problem.

I actually just have a flip phone because it's cheaper and I only need it for emergencies and one text a day. In my specific case it would likely be cheaper to go prepaid but I'm running my contract out.

If you're using IM over text then you're either tethered to WiFi, on an undoubtedly more expensive contract, or getting jewed by prepaid horseshit.

Bullshit
The Internet is turning people with half a mind into DIY'ers; just rewired my stove last night with a Youtube video.

It would be good if we could access the telemetry and telephony components. I wanted to write an app that disabled wireless communication, so I looked into the android api, and apparently one has to be a registered android dev just to see the methods for disabling tower communication, or indeed anything tower-telated at all.

Why read a book, play an instrument, fix something when you can

kill zombies.

all day

>phone screen
Its not the phone screen, its whats on the screen. Your critisizm is as stupid as considering everything you can do on a computer as 'being on the computer'

A phone is never the end, its the means.

Cpu has a cmos battery it can use.

Get outta here with that hippie commie faggy bullshit

>implying those people would have gotten anything from looking at the painting in the first place

I really miss going to concerts and not just looking at 100s of phones being held up in the air.

T.hipster numale faggot.

Good reason to do a stint in the military.

>artistic inspiration, historical context, critical thought
>facebook
kys

Leave your quasi-mystic nonsense at home.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem

Dependence on shoes is turning people useless. In past generations people toughened up their feet, let them walk on anything. Now they are weak, what will they do if the shoe factories go out of business?

>not even understanding what im saying

But what about all the benefits the technology gives us? It can literally free humanity from the elite Jewish oligarchs scattered across the globe.

I do agree children should not be introduced to internet until they are like 13 and have a boyfriend or girlfriend.

I'm sure you're talking about people around 70 years old, but I'm 40, so let me give you the answer from my point of view:

I never needed a good phone, I grew up before cell phones even existed, and I got along great. And that's why old people think they suck, they think people are wasting their time on smartphones....

BUT....

Once I got an iPhone, and I only pay 50 bucks a month for unlimited everything, I don't know how I ever lived without it.

So that's all, if an old person ever used a smartphone, they would love it.

I am unfamiliar with this particular species of autism.

People like vinyl because the format distorts the sound, and happens to do so in a way that humans like.

For whatever reason audiophiles and recording engineers are always super obsessed with accurate sound reproduction, and so records will always sound better side by side the same way the pepsi vs coke taste test always favored pepsi because it was sweeter.

>Conservatives hate it
Eh? What?

>Old people hate it
Most old people doesn't feel the need to learn something new. It's not really the first time old people denies new tech.
Why would you even care though? How does it hurt you..?

It's because of the relay of information, which is a good thing but a bad thing when we develop to a point where we rely on being connected solely.
Think about it, just about 20-30 years ago you could ask someone if they could live without the internet and 99% percent either wouldn't know what it is, nor would they think any of it.
Now today, imagine if the internet just disappeared, no connection to anyone or anything for everyone.
Shit would not go well, because many, not just individuals, but businesses, security, etc. rely on it.
One day it'll be gone, and shit will hit the fan.

>we have literal star trek tier technology now

What a time to be alive.

>But what about all the benefits the technology gives us? It can literally free humanity from the elite Jewish oligarchs scattered across the globe.
Well at the moment it's all controlled by bigco's who are in bed with the 3 letters. Not gonna happen until everyone switches to free/libre hard- and software.

>Soon all functions of life funneled into one device
>It is our clock, doctor, job interface.
>Phone companies all merge raise costs 10000%
>Most of population dies of starvation within 10 years because they can't afford to pay their bill and are too dumb to function without their phone.
>Zuckerberg uses the corpses to power his new space cruiser.

Wrong, digital sound is the finite emulation of the original track, analog is an accurate reproduction of it.

Four issues
1. the proliferation of social media due to smartphones
2. the enormous increase of clueless normalfags onto the internet due to smartphones
3. the destruction of sane UI & website design due to smartphones
4. the diversion of innovation due to smartphones (PC display technology is neglected while smartphones are getting some very impressive technology for their tiny screens)

>I don't know how I ever lived without it.
That's the problem. You grew up normally and then got the benefit of smartphones as an adult. My niece learned to work an iPad before she could walk -- kids can't learn and grow by scrolling through their facebook feed every hour of the day.

You chose security and novelty over self determination and work, now you get what you asked for.

People like vinyl because recording engineers can't fuck the music up with digital compression to make them sound louder on the radio than other songs. Look up the loudness war. Vinyl has physical limits to how much engineers can ratchet up the compression and digital doesn't. This is why people think vinyl is better

>backlash against smartphones from old people
>a gaming system
If it does not support all main games in tes, fallout witcher and paradox strategy serieses then its crap

No recording is ever going to be an accurate reproduction, and caring about what it sounds like is really pretty pleb tier, if you know about music you hear the notes, not the sound, anyway, and if you dont stop ruining music with your normie tastes.

>Conservatives and old people hate it
I have no idea what you're talking about. The only hate I hear about it is from people saying others are hooked on the phone (which is a fair argument). It's a great device, but should be used in moderation.

>It can literally humanity from the elite Jewish oligarchs scattered across the globe
>implying children use technology for anything other than (((social media)))
>implying (((social media))) isn't used to indoctrinate youth
(((you)))

a device which monitors you in ways Orwell didn't even dream about.
>it's so convenient though you luddite

>conservatives are against cellular telephones

What the fuck is up with liberals constantly making up ridiculous boogie men out of conservatives just so they feel they're on the right side? Why can't you just disagree with them on political points they differ on, why do you have to paint them as something so retarded they had cell phones of all things

>It can literally free humanity from the elite Jewish oligarchs scattered across the globe
Yet it's done the opposite.

>apocryphal nonsense
you should come up with a better example than this

Faggot, you cannot reproduce the sounds of a human choral on digital because it's finite and useless and fucks everything up with distortions and makes it sound horrid, on any other analog system you can.

>you are part of the problem
great argument. stop speaking in SJWese snekfag

No, they like vinyl because it boosts the mid range as an inherent quality of its format. this is why people always say it sounds 'warm'.

Thats the reason, if people knew how to work EQs properly they could reproduce this, but they always chase after some mythic 'accurate reproduction' and so the more accurate digital recordings sound bad because all recordings sound bad

>>Conservatives and old people hate it

Wrong. It is you we hate for being addicted to it.

Vinyl records have more distortions than hi res flac being played on a good DAC retard.

fuck old people, liberal or conservative, they're the actual burden on society, at least young people actually do something.

We all know that 90% of all s/f usage is social networking.

Social networking is worse than the black plague. It's diminishing your individuality, shatters your private persona, it lowers your IQ by circimventing thought processes, it's more addictive than heroin, it makes the smart stupid and the stupid even more stupid, and it's 1000% worse for women who crave social networking feedback 24/7 and shape their lives around it now.

Anyone who shills for s/f is an agent of Satan himself.