First contact when?

First contact when?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/space-us-air-force-armed-forces-space-mission-a7818001.html
archive.is/azgdN
archive.is/TUOU5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment#Project_Thor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty#Key_points
webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130117094137/http://www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/3706546/3892723/TrPrinciplesOuterSpace
lunarland.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=LMbI6sk-62E
theverge.com/2017/6/23/15860048/us-space-corps-legislation-proposed
archive.is/byz5c
sputniknews.com/military/201706241054950360-new-us-space-corps-proposed/
archive.is/YvWSH
newatlas.com/space-corps-legislation/50202/
archive.is/7TTYW
popularmechanics.com/military/news/a27030/lawmakers-lay-groundwork-for-space-corps-a-new-branch-of-the-military/
archive.is/cWCvX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/space-us-air-force-armed-forces-space-mission-a7818001.html

I'll sign up on the first day.

Archive please archive.is/azgdN

Does this mean we will eventually drop bombs from space and wage war over the ownership of the moon?

part of bluebeam projet?

Mate I'll immigrate to join the corps if you guys actually start land grabbing in space.
I really want to grow plants inside moon bunkers while fending off Chinks trying to enter orbit.

Daily reminder the earth is flat, space is fake, and the space program will probably be used to further an agenda of (((them)))

>not naming it SPACE MARINES

YOU HAD ONE JOB!

Idea
>all Sup Forumsaks join Space Corps
>Launch coup
>Hold Earth hostage with space lasers on moon
>reclaim the West for white christians only

Profit?

Oh great, our first contact with aliens is going to some beaner grunt...

Copyright concerns.

Half of you "pollacks" aren't mentally stable to enlist in the current branches, why would you be top candidates for a Space Corps?

i want to invade Venus

As much as I'd like to enlist in the Space Marines, without a working space elevator or orbital ring, we aren't going to have the ability to move anything resembling a military into space.

Imperial Guard or Space Marines, one job indeed...

>you will live to see Trump rape gamesworkshop for all the shit they've pulled over the years to their own IP

im almost in tears famalam

HAHAHAHA

I'll invade Caerus.

now you know why trump makes provocative tweets totally unrelated to anything he's doing

This

>SPACE CORPS

Oh man, I read USplaining.

>tfw Trump's presidency will be the literal beginning of the Imperium of Man, Warhammer 40k-style.

1.) Army
2.) Navy
3.) Airforce
4.) Marines
5.) National guard
6.) Coast guard

Don't we already have six?

>god emperor Trump
Oh my god what have the memes done

Only the mentally handicapped can survive the intense radiation of space

Maybe now they can finally move some cash to space travel, and I can leave this fucking planet a little faster.

Coast guard is apparently not included anymore

So are we going to have gay ass rockets or a fleet of flying carriers

The Army National Guard is part of the Army, and Air National Guard is part of the Air Force. They're just units subordinate to state governors and not the President. Also, the USCG is DHS, not DOD

>why would you be top candidates for a Space Corps?

Well they can't just risk wasting their best on the first try, can they?
You need some expendable assets to make a path first.

NG isn't a Federal armed force. They're state militias that work with the Army.

This is really interesting. Will affirmative action get me in this program?

>Space corp
100 billion dollar budget incoming.
the government is robbing us every day.

more fake shit to prop up the space meme

Can China into space yet? Besides the suborbital

cant you just fire regular bullets from the moon since it has no gravity?

like the bullets will reach 15,000kmph within seconds and they will shred through any space ship foreign or domestic instantly

it will be safe because any bullets aimed at the earth will turn to liquid before they hit the ground because the atmosphere

7/7 is when it happens

WE /GUARDIANS OF THE LAST FRONTIER/ NOW BOYS

I got banned from the military
Terry Davis posted an interesting video saying apart from mars and a few planets in our solar system we have nothing else to explore unless we figure out light speed.

>Anger as opponents to move claim there was little time to protest against proposal
>REEEE YOU DIDN'T LET US STAND IN THE STREET AND CHANT MINDLESS SLOGANS AND WAVE PRINTED SIGNS
>PROTESTING IS SUPER MEANINGFUL AND EFFECTIVE

You flat earth mouth breathers are hilarious

They can shoot down satellites nevermind all the trivial shit.

Is that you, Wu?

Thought of joining the Air Force just now but then!

archive.is/TUOU5

OY VEYYYYYYYY

first contact always lol

Anyway, today's your lucky day, pimparoo

>implying space is even real
wew lad

ODST WHEN. LET ME DROP.

Anyone else heard of that conspiracy theory that the powers that be are going to stage an alien invasion in order to decimate the population and install a single world government?

Yep. Just like halo.

What if a bunch of Sup Forumstards joined this new branch? Redpill the branch from the start under a republican administration?

Maybe this is how they're going to justify the spending on an orbital ring.

>Anger as opponents by move claim there was little time to protest

it'd work just fine

every day we get one step closer to Imperial Guard

Draft our Daughters for the Space Corps!

It doesn't even make sense.

Marines move over water, hence the name marine.

He's not wrong though. Have you never read Heinlein?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment#Project_Thor

>First contact when?
50+ years ago.

Trump's just the first President to take the alien threat seriously and not agree to keeping it under wraps.

ayy lmao

I sure hope this. That would be quite rad.

dont mind the larpers.

It's called aeronautics for a reason.

Never. None of us will ever witness contact with an alien civilization. If it ever happens it will be many years into the future, if we last that long.

i made contact a few months ago
you all and my family save 1 cousin (hes just trying to be nice) have all abandoned me and brushed me off as schitzo. to the point where i actually believed it. and in that realization of thinking i was insane, i realized i am not. for an insane person would have no clue.

What did the star wars treaties like run out or something? Wasn't this a Reagan era thing that forbode space weaponry?

Fucking sign me up, how do i into becoming space marine

Does this violate the Outer Space Treaty?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty#Key_points

>The Outer Space Treaty represents the basic legal framework of international space law. Among its principles, it bars states party to the treaty from placing weapons of mass destruction in orbit of Earth, installing them on the Moon or any other celestial body, or otherwise stationing them in outer space. It exclusively limits the use of the Moon and other celestial bodies to peaceful purposes and expressly prohibits their use for testing weapons of any kind, conducting military maneuvers, or establishing military bases, installations, and fortifications (Article IV). However, the Treaty does not prohibit the placement of conventional weapons in orbit and thus some highly destructive attack strategies such as kinetic bombardment are still potentially allowable. The treaty also states that the exploration of outer space shall be done to benefit all countries and that space shall be free for exploration and use by all the States.

>The treaty explicitly forbids any government from claiming a celestial resource such as the Moon or a planet.[3] Article II of the Treaty states that "outer space, including the Moon and other celestial bodies, is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means". However, the State that launches a space object retains jurisdiction and control over that object.[4] The State is also liable for damages caused by their space object.[5]

Full Text of Treaty!
webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130117094137/http://www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/3706546/3892723/TrPrinciplesOuterSpace

within 3 decades my man

fuck the treaty and fuck the U.N.

>the biggest bully in the yard gives a fuck about treaties between the weebs

no

It gets better. You can actually start purchasing land on the moon.

lunarland.com/

>cant you just fire regular bullets from the moon
If you try to fire conventional firearms from the moon, it should still work even in a vacuum since modern bullets contain an oxidizer.
But after the first couple of shots, your gun is going to melt. Firearms cool themselves by venting heat into the surrounding air. There's no air to absorb that heat up on the moon.

>since it has no gravity
The moon does have gravity. About 16.5% of Earth's gravity.
It's just less powerful, not nonexistant.

>like the bullets will reach 15,000kmph within seconds
What? How exactly would they be going that fast?
Seriously, what?

>and they will shred through any space ship foreign or domestic instantly
Good luck hitting a target in space. You know that everything's moving relative to everything else, right?

>it will be safe because any bullets aimed at the earth will turn to liquid before they hit the ground because the atmosphere
I don't think that your bullets could even reach Earth, honestly. Shit's orbiting faster than the bullets' muzzle velocity.

Speaking of, I havent seen an orbital ring thread in awhile. Someone should make one.

We're America. Treaties are bound by us, not us bound by them.

Isaac Arthur did a video on them just last week
youtube.com/watch?v=LMbI6sk-62E

>6th

They mean 8th.

theverge.com/2017/6/23/15860048/us-space-corps-legislation-proposed
archive.is/byz5c

sputniknews.com/military/201706241054950360-new-us-space-corps-proposed/
archive.is/YvWSH

newatlas.com/space-corps-legislation/50202/
archive.is/7TTYW

popularmechanics.com/military/news/a27030/lawmakers-lay-groundwork-for-space-corps-a-new-branch-of-the-military/
archive.is/cWCvX

George Friedman was right. Well all be damned. That son of a bitch got it right.

If you were floating in space without any protection, what do you think would kill you first?

thanks mate

>UN treaties

That's cute.

Militarization of space is both terrifying and making me quite optimistic at the same time. Nothing's really happened in space for decades because their's nothing to really gain politically from it but militarizing it may help boost space exploration but the idea of having weapons literally pointed right at me above my head is terrifying.

>idea of having weapons literally pointed right at me above my head is terrifying

I don't see the difference between this and all the missile silos with ICBMs already in place on the ground.

Testing

I would join too in a second

USSMC

United States Space Marines Corps

SOON MOTHERFUCKERS SOON!!!

If it makes you feel better, there are already weapons platforms up there.

Or you could be naive and just pretend the protocols are actually being observed.

the way I see this going down. either we are sending up spaceships with lasers to fuck with Chinese and Russia satellites think something like X-37B but bigger and with a 100+ kilowatt laser, or we are sending up a orbital bombardment system (rods from god)

with spaceX revolutionizing space travel I can see the government buying like 40+ rockets for like $40 million each to launch a fleet of X-37Cs

Yeah but so do ships and we still call them spaceships ya dummy dum butt head

When does it start?

Only true statement here. SpaceX, SpaceCorps, mandatory NASA announcements biweekly, regular ISS videos, guaranteed space story in MSM newsfeed every week. They are doubling down on the narrative so flat Earth doesn't gain traction.

space is like a big ocean of nothingness

Hey Vinnie sorry I out-traded you against overwhelming odds with my life and eternal existence on the line, outside and in real time - since I obviously own Virtu now by any possible legal standard, how about this - you get Virtu back and I get the via6 building in Seattle, the whole thing, fee simple, in my name, Ilya Loksha :)