Hey Sup Forums, I'm writing a dystopian novel similar to 1984, however it reflects today's current climate

Hey Sup Forums, I'm writing a dystopian novel similar to 1984, however it reflects today's current climate.

>Main character is a journalist, is forced to PC his articles
>Retroactively has to go back and change words in articles when they suddenly become hate speech
>Cannot name the refugee
>Cannot name the jew
>He'll be sent to interview a white supremacist ("Anger generates clicks, so long as the anger's not directed at us.", his boss'll say)

You get the idea. What are some dystopian elements in our current society that Sup Forums would like to see mentioned?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_oa6bnIrcis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic
counter-currents.com/
twitter.com/SergeantFrisky/status/881210406584365058
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz4nbIv3UlQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obviously the parallel to proles will be normies, who parrot what they see on social media. Within this group will be those who are afraid of *not* going along with the group, for fear of doxxing, threats, and being fired by employers.

Journo is main character, wow, that's a new angle I have never heard before. You wouldn't happen to be a journalism major by chance?

You're too late bro.

Instead of Big Brother, it's going to be the public keeping themselves on a leash. Our culture became tolerant to the point of allowing everyone an equal voice, and rather than bringing everyone up, it pushed us all down to the lowest common denominator. Now those of us who don't want to get on board the outrage-train are deemed white nationalists, and in places like Europe are hauled off to jail for hate speech.

Degree in physics, actually. Taking care of grandparents for a year, bored as shit in Florida, writing like crazy to keep from going insane.

Any recommendations for another kind of profession?

Facebook and Google surrounding us with PC propaganda in every aspect of our internet experience.

I know Western society is finished, and there's no way I'll be able to redpill any normies. That's not the objective. I just wanna write it as a fun exercise. I can usually write a novel and have it revised in 2-3 months.

That's good. Peppered throughout the story I need to have offhanded comments about what the protagonist sees on TV, sees on billboards, etc. Nothing worthy of more than a single sentence fragment, but prevalent enough throughout the story to kind of add another layer of paint to the whole thing.

I think there needs to be mentions of "City renovations" and "Modernization" mentioned. A block of old buildings of historical import will be demolished, to make room for new, bland, culture-free buildings. In this same vein, the arts will be continuously watered down with modern schlock funded by (((wealthy benefactors))). Of course the Jew cannot be named so early in the story, but the culture of Western civilization will certainly have monied interests working against it.

One thing could be how what is good for a general society is seen as bad, and what is bad is painted constantly as good.
Of course, more subtle.

put some false flag stuff in, it is the most horrifying tool for me because when some government wants to stir shit up theres nothing you can do

Better wait for a more interesting idea than making a second 1984. Nobody needs this.

how bout this for a profession

>evolutionary biologist serving on a government health and science education board
>Guy is tasked with "updating" their science to fit the PC narrative

As an aside, I can't tell you how horrified I was when Bill Nye explained editting out explaining 2 genders from his science goyim videos as "updating based on new science" and touted that as standard scientific procedure.

Pretty sure normies are just the left

Do you know how to get published?

Physics eh?
Pick a science, any science. Same premise, pc'ing up your studies cuz of hate facts. Ez mode is anthropology. Muh negros. A harder one would be brain chemistry, specifically the changes that happen to a baby when it's circumcised. (Caution, this is a real deal fight with ((((them))))

What I plan to do is have everything the reader *knows* is good being seen as a hate crime in the story. Reading disadvantages the illiterate, so the main character will mention or encounter a small collection of people advocating other activities besides reading. Why not watch youtube instead?

Good health is obviously against people whose genetics leave them obese. People who are thin are seen as suspect...Not necessarily bad, but they're certainly given more scrutiny than their portly counterparts. Again, it'll be hinted at.

Conversely, all the negative tropes of being promiscuous, breeding your race out of existence, obesity, and mental illness will be seen as being next to godliness.

kys fatty

You're missing the core element of a dystopian story: fake wars fought under fake pretenses

this video
youtube.com/watch?v=_oa6bnIrcis
if you dont like it, enjoy some good music

That's not a bad idea. False flags will be carried out by public advocates, however, and the government will simply happily agree with the narrative they paint (think the hate crime hoaxes). I want the enemy to ultimately be the people themselves.

>Germany

Of course not, you probably want to escape the harsh reality of your country, not be reminded of it.

Science being updated needs to be a huge deal in there. Forget race realism, there won't even be gender realism or health realism. It'll teach completely unrealistic lies.

I can do it independently via Amazon, but I don't think any major publisher will touch this with a 12 foot pole.

What's the parallel to all the nations if Europe being united in a union known as Eurasia?

That's not a key element, just a popular trope. 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 did it, but stories like The Handmaiden's Tale were living in "peaceful" times. Struggle, stagnation, and hopelessness can exist within a society without any external influences.

Modern Lysenkoism

>the manipulation or distortion of the scientific process as a way to reach a predetermined conclusion as dictated by an ideological bias, often related to social or political objectives.[1]

>The pseudo-scientific ideas of Lysenkoism assumed the heritability of acquired characteristics.[2] Lysenko's theory rejected Mendelian inheritance and the concept of the "gene"; it departed from Darwinian evolutionary theory by rejecting natural selection.[3] Proponents falsely claimed to have discovered, among many other things, that rye could transform into wheat and wheat into barley, that weeds could spontaneously transmute into food grains, and that "natural cooperation" was observed in nature as opposed to "natural selection".[3] Lysenkoism promised extraordinary advances in breeding and in agriculture that never came about.

>Joseph Stalin supported the campaign. More than 3,000 mainstream biologists were sent to prison, fired,[4] or executed as part of a campaign instigated by Lysenko to suppress his scientific opponents. The president of the Agriculture Academy, Nikolai Vavilov, was sent to prison and died there, while scientific research in the field of genetics was effectively destroyed until the death of Stalin in 1953.[3] Research and teaching in the fields of neurophysiology, cell biology, and many other biological disciplines was also negatively affected or banned.[5]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

>A block of old buildings of historical import will be demolished, to make room for new, bland, culture-free buildings.
To create some sustainable development high rise apartments

Globalism. The EU seems itching at the trigger to unite, and Hillary was all gung-ho about open borders with Mexico and Canada. Trade deals are binding us to one another against our will, benefiting the wealthy as the jumble weathers away any unique features of the societies that once existed.

>continuously outlaw science disciplines and other majors from being taught in university

also

>the legal codification of social norms as part of creating a tolerant society where people know their place

Fuck, this is good, and has precedent. However unlike other dystopias, this one will be completely organic as a result of the masses and the slight (((nfluences))) on them. I'm thinking certain scientists will be black listed because of what they say about gender or mental health, and anyone caught reading their material will be subject to attacks.

The climate change fears need to be integrated for sure. Make the public feel desperate and chomping at the bit for solutions.

Will you tell us when the novel comes out?

Also look into political abuse of psychiatry in the soviet union, where they made being a dissident a psychiatric disorder that could have people imprisoned indefinitely

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union

Be prepared to be disappointed then. Self-publishing, for the most part, is unprofitable. You have to be a big figure in the right wing itself to even profit from this book - like Richard Spencer level famous.

Try to put technical bits, like how small bits of subtle disinformation in massive dose, even just the way headlines are written, goes a long way.

Like hard science-fiction is sprinkled with actual technical bits.

Yeah, I'll shill my shit here for a thread before watching said thread 404 with 3 self-bumps and a "kys shill". I may have it a free online read with the choice to buy if the reader enjoys it (because no publisher is going to touch a novel that has race-realism in it).

> this one will be completely organic as a result of the masses and the slight (((nfluences))) on them

If thats the case then here is the phrase - along with historical examples which describe how this happens.

>A moral panic is a feeling of fear spread among a large number of people that some evil threatens the well-being of society.[1][2] A Dictionary of Sociology defines a moral panic as "the process of arousing social concern over an issue – usually the work of moral entrepreneurs and the mass media".[3] The media are key players in the dissemination of moral indignation, even when they do not appear to be consciously engaged in crusading or muckraking. Simply reporting the facts can be enough to generate concern, anxiety, or panic.[4] Stanley Cohen states that moral panic happens when "a condition, episode, person or group of persons emerges to become defined as a threat to societal values and interests".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic

also google katherine horton. she's fucking crazy desu

Anthropology is the only discipline that threatens to see the world clearly.

Fire the CIA and lean on the HRAF and we wouldn't be in this world of shit. Structure and function can't be spun easily.

Rather than human refugees use an alternate species. Say a subterranean molemen.
They claim the World Below grew too hot due to global warming and so came above ground where they make all kinds of crazy demands like demanding a nocturnal cycle to do business because their eyes are sensitive; the governments bend the knee to this because they say that they are "guilty for their situation". They quickly realize however that they can string along and basically enslave this new species and so the work begins on breeding out the humans with propaganda.

counter-currents.com/

Try to get a hold of these people.

hello dalton

Shit, I know. I've already self published several novels, but writing is just a hobby to me. I'm going to try and get some of my acceptable books legit published, but I'm nt exactly relying on this to bring home the bacon.

In the first page, the main character reports on Trucks of Peace as "White Supremacists Arrested in Europe for Hate Speech Regarding Auto Accidents." He can't mention the accidents without being fired due to pressure from the readers.

Be sure to basically fuse A Brave New World and 1984 for the best results. IE a Thought police that arrests and brainwashes you for wrongthink and a society dependent on every day constant distractions and the promise of communal love and decadence to keep the public content and happy.

So, utterly unknown outside a Bolivian basket-weaving board and a few youtube channels that nobody watches?
Normies have never heard of Spencer, or, if they ever saw hom on the news, they forgot him three words into the next story.

No man
The Main character(s) are here
These guys

A 10 year old boy is taken away from his parents by the Canadian government because one day his liberal homosexual teacher convinces him he is really a girl. He goes home and tells his parents he wants to transition, and asks if they can take a trip to the hospital to get the hormones and surgery that are now provided to all by the government, free of cost. They tell him to wait until he is older (they really wanted to refuse altogether but they know this could get them in big trouble). But even telling him to wait gets them arrested and jailed and the child taken away and placed in a foster home with two childless old liberal hags who promptly take him to he hospital for the sex change.

i just did

wha the fuck

In a way I kinda wanna do the opposite. Panics are good if a society is faltering, but everyone is just so damned content to worry about that. Worse still, they force it to happen so they can show how open and empathetic and accepting they are.

However the masses *will* be worried about nonissues like hate speech and nazis, of course; reinforcing the behavior that's eroding their society.

I may use this in the future, but this story's gonna be mostly realistic...

...In the first part. The second part is the subversive Jews are *actually* the good guys.

The second part will be about how there are 5th dimensional beasts who feast on planets whose populace becomes too conscious, so a few planets band together to try and figure out how to overcome these evils while simultaneously keeping the population dumbed down.

This way, I can outright call the behavior of the normies dumb, openly say that people are being subverted, and it's just part of the "fiction" without sounding preachy.

I just finished a 45 page novella that they may be interested in. It's super satirical, but seems up their alley. Thanks!

yeah she claims to be a high energy physicist at oxford. she attends abramovich - berezovhsky trial in london, then all this shit starts. she's proper tinfoil hat schizo, or telling the truth

The police will arrest for hate speech, but the brainwashing will come later...The police will simply have an easily-accessible list of "Hate Speech Perps", and they'll let mob justice take care of the rest.

I cannot write a story where I pit real world Saitamas against my story's evils...They'd win in a single paragraph.

Shit, I need to remember that Canada exists, and are practically inventing new ways to create this dystopia.

The media will be convincing children that they're all genderqueer genderfree genderbread men.

Equality taxes to the absurd.
Your taxes are adjusted by your height, beauty quotient, iq, health, color, etc, all to keep equality to a maximum.
Everyone has has a privilege score that is continuously been updated by the state and the first thing citizens must do after waking up is checking it. Not complying is a criminal offense.
The score defines how you should act during the day aswell as social etiquette, always aiming to keep it as low as possible. Some actions and statements like virtual signaling help refuce it. If it reaches a high point, you are sent to a type of sanatorium or mind engineering facility to take intesive sensitivity classes.

2044. A new "fairness in hiring" law is passed in America. It is now illegal to refuse to hire a felon (unless they are white and have ever been accused (not convicted, accused) of a thoughtcrime. All employment must be proportional to the national population statistics taken from the most recent census, meaning a workforce must be at least 60% nonwhite and 55% female or else the employer must pay a fine. The law also mandates what women be paid 33% MORE than their male counterparts, to bridge the "wage gap". If the employer offers health insurance it must cover birth control, abortions and gender reassignment surgery and hormones. Affirmative action is aggressively expanded to give non Asian minorities special consideration in hiring for ALL employers, not just government and colleges.

It is also illegal to screen blood donors for diseases such as HIV or hepatitis. White Americans are subject to a "reparations tax" of 25% of their income which is redistributed to African Americans in the form of tax credits.

Google-Amazon-GM-Ford is currently developing a flying car that is capable or transporting motorists over the weekly "Black Lives Matter" protests which are blocking major highways all over the nation with increasing frequency.

This may be a growing movement I have in there, and something I may consider adding. I do really like the idea of a privilege score though...That seems like something I can work with that is eerily possible.

That way, if you write articles or make videos or have a political opinion, your score is weighed against what you have to say. If you agree with other low-scores, you may see your score suffer as well.

If diversity is our strength then why do they need to remind us every 5 minutes?

How is having absolutely nothing in common with another person a strength? Is the rapist wanting to rape and the victim not wanting to be raped a strength because their feelings toward said rape are diverse?

These are some top notch ideas. I don't know how big a part they'll play in the story (may just be offhanded mentions, like the language rewriting in 1984), but will certainly be used to make the world seem more real and detail-filled.

"Nazism on the Rise in The Great White North as Canadian Man Arrested for Hate Speech"

>Google-Amazon-GM-Ford
Now that I think about it, the mega-corp should be be Google-Amazon-GM-Ford-Uber

Also forgot to mention that due to their "religious minority" status and millennia of being "persecuted by anti-semitism" blah blah blah Jews are, of course, exempt from all of these laws which tax or discriminate against whites.

These both remind me of Harrison Bergeron. Good ideas either way.

Britain 2030. A mixed raced British woman is hounded by a muslim police inspector because of an illegal "hate speech" post she wrote on social media which is critical of Islam. She tries to ignore him until he threatens to contact the university she attends and get her application rejected unless she complies with his demands.

Oh wait, that's real and happening now.
twitter.com/SergeantFrisky/status/881210406584365058

I was gonna say, you don't need to wait until 2030 for that shit. We're already living the dream, boys!

Yeah that's why I was writing about America and Canada in my anecdotes, because Western Europe already is the future dystopia. Canada lags behind slightly by like 5 years (maybe) and USA 10-20 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz4nbIv3UlQ

What are the three most influential books on your life (not the book)?

Shit man, that's hard to say. I'm a yuge fan of the dystopian and apocalyptic genres, so something along those lines.

"Blindness" was spectacular, and the author's strange writing style actually lends itself to the book; with all voices fusing into single paragraphs with no immediate way to realize who's saying what.

"A Canticle for Lebowitz" made me firmly appreciate traditional faiths, even if they are bull shit, and the way they help maintain culture.

"One Second After." was so depressing I had to close the book with a hearty "fuck" and pour myself a stiff drink.

I really like Vonnegut, and the pessimistic way he can paint the world. His writings are extremely black-pilled.

Terry Pratchett books are very fun, but great examples of how to write a satire. His ability to draw parallels between Earth's problems and Discworld's problems cannot be matched.

Neil Gaiman is a fantastic story teller, and has reinvigorated the modern fantasy for me.

Shit man, that's a tough question that leaves me with few answers and an endless ramble of great stories.

If this is not a larp, I fully encourage you. Put your whole heart and dick into it. Make something that inspires people, even if only a few hundred on Amazon books.

Official party logo