Trump Overrules Cabinet, Prepares To Unleash Global Trade War

zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-30/trump-overrules-cabinet-prepares-unleash-global-trade-war

archive.is/RxFEb

>According to Axios, behind the constant media scandals, "one of the most consequential and contentious internal debates of his presidency unfolded during a tense meeting Monday in the Roosevelt Room of the White House" where with "more than 20 top officials present, including Trump and Vice President Pence, the president and a small band of America First advisers made it clear they're hell-bent on imposing tariffs — potentially in the 20% range — on steel, and likely other imports."

>In other words, Trump - true to his campaign promises - is set to launch a global trade wars after all, one where then main country impacted would be China, however the collateral damage would extend to Canada, Mexico, Japan, Germany and the UK.

>And what may be even more striking is that Trump overruled his cabinet, as "the sentiment in the room was 22 against and 3 in favor — but since one of the three is named Donald Trump, it was case closed." Axios adds that while "no decision has been made, the President is leaning towards imposing tariffs, despite opposition from nearly all his Cabinet."

Shills arriving here to spam >Muh China in 5..4...3...

China was a good boi, didn't do nuffin!

And all of the shills will claim

>"b-but China is totally gonna destroy America now"

Not realizing that no one will buy shitty Chinese knock offs in a competitive marke

I sense 22 people that need to be removed from his cabinet, and have outed themselves as globalist shills. The world does not need the US, and the US does not need the world. Its time we part ways, and live in our own homes. We can be good neighbors, invite eachother over for a barbecue...but trying to sleep in the same bed is fucked up.

>tfw trump does something for us

>but since one of the three is named Donald Trump, it was case closed.
i cant disagree with this

But my economics textbook says that tariffs cause inefficiencies and harm domestic consumers??!!?!!?

(((textbook))) we get it leaf.

Written by a jew

what good are cheap goods if you have no job and no income to buy them.
there seem to be practical limits to comparative advantage.

well it looks like you need to go get a fucking job then stupid nigger.

20 top officials don't know how to win. SAD!

>tariffs
>only in the double digits

If you niggers ever even looked at what tariffs other countries put on american products you would be surprised that we havent done our own earlier and at the same rates.

China has like a 500% tariff on everything made in America, regardless of what the product actually is. And the EU is no different really.

>3 in favor

Trump, Bannon, and...

Glad Trump doesn't let these guys lead him down the road of the cuckservative. Finally a president with balls.

You're retarded that is already happening.

Trump again.

Trumps doing what ever he can to prop up this shitshow. Its not going to work though so why not just call out our real problems.

Let the shills spam this and think it's a bad thing.

This gets me rock fucking hard.

also you fuckers realize that almost everything you use has something in it that was made overseas right literally almost fucking everything is going to get more expensive as a result

Trump, Bannon and Miller, duh

Walmart and amazon say you're full of shit

Also, what good are cheap goods if they need to be replaced every year, cause money to exit your country, and put your own people out of work? It's not that hard to imagine a scenario where you get a net positive either financially or in your average quality of life.

two scoops and now two votes when will he stop!

what are the odds of section 4 of the 25th amendment (president gets removed when majority of cabinet declares he's unfit) getting invoked?

I don't care. As long as it's made american, I'll pay.

What does removing Trump accomplish? Nothing. All these politicians are tools of the status quo.

It's been a while since Trump has done something right. I approve of this even if it makes the Yen stronger and hurts our exports, since the filthy Chinese needs to be challenged.

Oh no.... people won't be able to buy as much cheap shit as they have in the last couple of decades, it's the end of the world.

This is some good fucking news. Looking forward to seeing this unfold in the coming weeks. Maybe we can see an end to this low energy movement of $15/hr minimum wage.

Gib the 22 names

I have a feeling (((they're))) waiting to turn on him once as soon as they no longer find him useful
this would allow them to make room for Pence

>Un-named sources
>Un-named "cabinet members" save for the VP
>No video
This reeks of fakenews and you're a faggot for even wasting our time with it
I actually want international tariffs and you can still go fuck yourself for helping the MSM perpetuate lies

I support this except we should strengthen our ties with Japan and the UK, we could create a Pacific-America-Atlantic trade deal unheard of. Include SK for good measure.

is that Shinzo?

Are Trump and Shinzo becoming best brahs?

They price hike everything we fuckin export regardless of what it is. Even fucking OJ gets hit with it
Tariffs are also how politicians steal most of their money

Trump voters don't give a shit about how much they will lose and suffer, as long as brown people somewhere else suffer more.

inb4: "WTF I LOVE BUYING AMERICAN NOW"

and "CHINA MAKES CHEAP SHIT NO-ONE REALLY WANTS TO BUY"

American can produce literally every resource known to man save for Lithium(but we're actually working on fixing that)
There isn't a good damn thing we need from the rest of the world
Suck my dick

>American can produce literally every resource known to man save for Lithium(but we're actually working on fixing that)

China will have a monopoly on rare earth, they already almost do.

We're too focused on oil to do anything about it.

Maybe we will get quality American made products again

Not me I'm posting on a Mac

TRADE WAAR

Let 'er rip. May god have mercy on your soul if you are not an american citizen.

MAAAAAAAAAAADMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN

This.

Zerohedge is confirmed fakenews.

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSS KING SLAY!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

You're right. This does have just as much credibility as the Russia story. It's just nice to hear something positive for once recently.

>China will have a monopoly on rare earth
>Rare earth
>We're too focused on oil
We have more oil than literally everyone except for Canada, we are obsessed with making everyone else use their oil and then getting to ask any price for them to be able to buy ours

>all the leftist hashtagfreetibet
>also all leftist, muh China, trade war bad for US.

Only two people are loyal to country and trump both are riht behind Trmp in this pic

Bannon

Flynn (his Turkey lobbying was surprising though)

Everybody else will backstab. Trump already said if Flynn is absolved he will hire him again. Let's poke him on twitter about this.

So how is it good for the US if your domestic prices go up AND your businesses lose access to foreign markets?

Have you not been paying attention?
Zero can have good articles but he's also borderline autistic and overtly apprehensive so he jumps on stories before letting them unfold to see if they're a nothing urgent or no

>no one will buy shitty Chinese knock offs in a competitive market

True.

Muh >china

>Flynn loyal to the US

F A N F I C

Because the domestic prices wont go up, at least not on the long term. Short term yeah maybe, but we almost entirely import "junk" goods from China, which we could easily produce here. Producing them here would raise the GDP per capita, and thus improve the quality of life overall. A lot of people don't understand that the rules of supply, and demand apply to the job market as well.

get some

News like this make me giggle with glee.

I love Bannon.

,also "access to foreign markets" is a silly thing to bring up. We don't export much anymore, because most nations are either too poor to buy, or have such high tariffs on us, that domestic goods there have an incredible market advantage.

Guys guys

Tariffs, automation, american energy sales, tax cuts for rich so companies are incentivized to come here for production, privatized healthcare, min wage hike. What does it all mean? Artificial eco boost while desperately holding onto wealth in a broken money system. International Corporations are bleeding us dry and all these bandaid solutions do is prolong the inevitable crash.

There is no way we can keep on this path and compete with developing nations who not only have the man power but will work dirt cheap. The moment we sold off our corporations and production for short term profits and investments the country was doomed. Wall street is going to sell and the depression will set in like you have never witnessed before. America can no longer hold off against the developing world, we can no longer strong arm intellectual profits.

The only solution to come together and hold these corporations accountable for their theft. They hold trillions which normally would be taxed back into the economy providing the means for people to, receive healthcare and wage increases like our country was intended to function.

Everytime you buy something from walmart you are contributing to this countries demise. Everytime you take out a loan our debt increases and thus lead to more crippling interest.

AMERICA IS BEING BLED DRY.

The first leader Trump met with was Abe. China is fucking up Japan in the South China Sea. Trump is tough on China and loves Abe and Abe loves Trump.

Japan owns something like $1.9 trillion of our debt and uses it as leverage to get us into that mess.

>on the labor supply/demand rule
The more applicants you're competing with, the more likely it is, that you'll be getting paid less.

That's my point.

We're playing an old game, china is playing the future.

We need to be moving to nuclear power. Not this stupid hippy solar/wind shit, or old school fossil fuels.
>rare earth, mostly meaning fissionable matter

>which we could easily produce here

:- Someone who doesn't know shit about manufacturing.

In China, you have entire districts filled with factories that have inter-locking dependencies that allow you to make a call and within hours have hundreds of thousands of components delivered to your doorstep and with a handful of calls have workers and engineers to put on a massive project.

The Staffing, processing and availibility of which takes a fraction of the time and cost of a similar operation in the US.

If you want a preview of manufacturing against China I would direct you to CHERRY-MX switches.

A good Cherry-MX board new floats at a bottom of $80 while its cheaper Chinese knock-offs can be had for $30. Thanks to the superiour QC and CHERRY's spotless reputation with Companies and Consumers alike enough bite that cost.

To build up something even somewhat similar in the US will take decades.

That's true, but China is making headway into Africa for the reason I mentioned.

What do you propose then genius?

Trump has to be VERY careful. I don't want him starting a global recession and killing nationalism forever.

That was retarded. China's manufacturing is almost entirely old school (put enough bodies on it) assembly lines.

2 birds 1 stone, user.

>however the collateral damage would extend to Canada,
GOOD.

Fuck Canada up. Show us how rough the waters can be. We'll never survive in a hostile environment, our people are weak and complacent and liberal.

We need a storm here in Canada.

I'm not even contesting that example you gave, I'm just calling it like it is. If you look at almost every Chinese factory, it's early industrial age tech.

China bout to get an old fashion American ass pounding

t. assblasted fake news consuming China lover

Go torture dogs somewhere else, we dont need your toxic products anymore.

>population
The number one advantage China's industry has over us, which history has proven only works for so long.

Yeah, the people who voted for tariffs are the only ones who aren't globalist cucks.

You are right. Free market capitalism is done.
Come together as a people and hold those accountable. Top down, bottom up.

>That was retarded.

Strong Argument

>China's manufacturing is almost entirely old school (put enough bodies on it) assembly lines.

There are more chinks of working age with useful STEM and Engineering degrees than there are burgers entire population. Add in the fact that the grunts work for pennies on the dollar and the laws are almost non-existent for protecting employees and Yes the personnel situation is a massive factor.

But you didn't read or grasp what I said (which shows how little you know about manufacturing)

Ask anyone and they will tell you that not only is the man-power situation one of note but its the factories upon factories in central disctricts that let you quickly source and deliver components for assembly. You can turn-around a project in months that would take years in the US easily.

Has nothing to do with their tech and how old it is (of which that is bullshit, depending on the factory and company in question they make enough money to get their hands on the best)

Chinese steel is inferior to American steel. Sure, it's cheap- but it's not durable at all and every single business that buys Chinese steel almost always regrets it and ends up paying for superior American steel.

>t. assblasted fake news consuming China lover

>Anything I don't like is fake news

Ask someone in manufacturing and they will tell you exactly what I said, almost verbatim

When I can make a call and have trucks and trucks drive up within hours in China and in the US it would take weeks at best? Guess where I build my factory?

I hope Trump knows what he's doing, because I don't.

Seriously though, I literally don't know how the economy works. Godspeed, Mr. President.

MUH SHEKELS

YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR JEWISH BUSINESSES!

SHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The chinks will screw you over on many deals such as steel and other things. But 1) They don't screw over other chinks 2) I was speaking small components. Who gives a shit if the steel is awful crap when you need a million screws delivered yesterday? If you check the terrible screws on anything made in China the answer is: Most OEMs don't give a fuck.

>That was retarded again
You painted it, as if that was my only argument, also you're failing to point out that they may have "more people with STEM/Engineering degrees", but not when you factor in what percentage of their population has of those degrees, compared to ours.
This, and you're essentially rehashing the Luddite argument, but with a shiny new paint job.

>They don't screw over other chinks
Americans wouldn't be inclined to screw over other Americans either. But the Chinese do in fact screw each other over and will jew you more than actual jews. It comes to a point where if someone wants honest business dealings, or shitty shady dealings that are guaranteed to make you pay and end up with a shitty product you most likely didn't fucking order.

>USA closes up trade with allies
>China increases trade with EU , chinada and lmaoxico
>China gains global hegemony

A truely well thought out plan burgers!

Your argument hinged on the idea that the US could install an industrial complex and processing region "easily". Without acknowledging the decades it took and would take to build such an industrial boom your argument was flawed at its core.

Not only this, but almost every piece of tech China has, has been stolen from either Western Europe, or the US.
>First to patent laws=Legal industrial espionage

In the US, because greedy, chink-loving kikes like you are about to get fucked in the ass by tariffs lol.

Cry more faggot, your tears are delicious.

Every experience I've had with Chinese manufacturing has been horrible. The quality control is never there. The chinks always underestimate the amount of time an order will take. And, if, despite all that, you do have a successful product, the chinks will blatantly copy your design and sell it as their own.

>Americans wouldn't be inclined to screw over other Americans either.

Oh and Trump has his ties made in Chink-land by the by

Bunch of bullshit. Written by globalist Jews.

Tariffs against slave states and cheaters is good business.

>europoors become even more poor as china sucks out cash from them instead.
enjoy it retards

go back to /ic/

Which is why our black tech is locked away never to see the light of day. Can you imagine those assblasters getting their filthy hands on it?

>this would allow them to make room for Pence

if Trump tweets some undefensible shit then the GOP will abandon him for Pence