Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Vj092UgKwQ
gnaa.eu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because he wants something with depth, OP.
SO that he will no longer be a Mary Sue.

for the pleasure of seeing your suffering, I not against this btw, hell, ill go to hell just to see you in it

he's lonely

youtube.com/watch?v=_Vj092UgKwQ

> I AM LONELY

this song has a secret message

>yfw you realise this is simulation 72765^8662
>yfw this is just the simulation where your penis is 2 inches shorter just to see how that goes for you
>yfw a fedora wearing neckbeard from Sup Forums made you in a super computer accidentally when he spilt jizz and mountain dew in to his 2093 MacBook

Quite a shitpost, son.

gnaa.eu/

>.eu
Instantly igorned

I sit in my cubicle, here on the motherworld.
When I die, they will put my body in a box and
dispose of it in the cold ground.
And in all the million ages to come, I will never
breathe or laugh or twitch again.
So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity?
The universe has spared us this moment.

For shits and giggles probably. Or there could be no god at all and the universe is actually just some cosmic fluke.

It's really a paradox though. Something had to create it but what created god? It goes on and on and on.

the universe thinks you are gay

fair

>Nothing to strive for
>Nothing to improve

For fun, obviously

simulation theory is lowkey satanism, as it takes the genesisstory but replaced the divine and spiritual realm with another layer of the material world and substitutes the divine creator with some random pleb outside the simulation that build the computer.

>perfect
Means what? Loving?
>Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
>John 15:13
He can't love you if you don't exist so he has to create you, then he has to die for you.

To watch you masturbate you fucking degenerate you.

>He can't love you if you don't exist so he has to create you, then he has to die for you.

That's some impressive mental gymnastics.

You are not asking the right questions to come closer to an understanding of God.

We cannot comprehend or measure what there was before the universe or outside of the universe. Your question is thus meaningless and impossible to answer. It simply doesn't work on many levels of analysis.

>We cannot comprehend or measure what there was before the universe or outside of the universe. Your question is thus meaningless and impossible to answer. It simply doesn't work on many levels of analysis.

That's another impressive mental gymnastics.

Does the universe even care about humanity?

To power his superpowers.
We're a power plant.

the universe is prbably just a product created by god for commercial reasons so he can pay rent and food somewhere.
The universe has been sold to a random person who has fun fucking with it.
Kinda like the videogame the sims or something.

He had no friends, so he made some

...and then they beat him and hanged him on a cross

Because he literally states in the bible that being is very good.

a perfect god couldn't change states or do anything
changing states implies that there is something it could do to improve itself

the universe is eternal and traditional notions of causation are only a consequence of the way entropy and the arrow of time works

loop quantum gravity and cyclic conformal cosmology seem like they might be on the right track to a mathematical formalism for all of this, but who knows

Even if you assume that a perfect being could change or act, the idea that it has free will is inconsistent with other divine properties. If it is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent, it cannot be a free personal being, for in each case, it will know which course of action is more ideal (omniscient), be able to take the best logically possible course of action (omnipotent), and be guaranteed by his nature to take the best course (omnibenevolent/perfect). Thus, he cannot freely choose a course of action without violating at least one divine attribute.

>life plays life while people worship a god who is another person who worships another god who is just another person

How does he know not-being isn't good?

Because he's God.

delet dis

God knows that challenges make humans thrive and be successful.

does god feel pleasure?

Checked Quads

yeah, obviously.
he feels pleasure from the suffering of his creation.
>prove me wrong

Interesting question. Would a God even be a God if there was only nothing? Or maybe you need to abandon this atheistic mindset and consider that outside of the Universe there are other realms like Heaven and whatever so maybe the Universe had to be created as a punishment for mankind after the Eden story? Even if this makes sense you could then ask why would a perfect God create human beings I suppose which is also a very awkward question.

>God is all knowing
>Can't know everything without experiencing everything
>We are an experience
>We are God

Because you can't know if you are powerful enough to create a universe unless you try to create a universe.

also pic related

i'm a bald talking monkey with all of five senses to perceive the universe and i know exactly what god is thinking

>>We are God

We created God in our own image after all.

God created us in his image, his true form is most likely NOT the white guy with a beard, The universe will ultimately rip itself to shreds as it expands. Therefore, the universe is a binary challenge, the smartest species will escape the inevitable fate of the universe, and that species will be god's true form.

Why wouldn't this god turn nothingness into something better (the universe), this does not imply free will but I guess it implies that God was created at some point. Does that make it imperfect?

What do you want to achieve asking this question weekly?
I know the answer to your question but should I tell you again?
Everytime I give you the answer you get stuck in a loop of question that doesn't make sense and makes you look like someone who can't be logical.
I know you and I know that we shouldn't throw pearls to the pigs, because they will do what you do. Smash them in the mud.
So keep asking questions like this and someday you will find it out for yourself.
Godspeed, user.

Conservative logic:
(A). Hurr, the universe MUST have been created by a god. How else would it exist?
(B). But what about god? Who created him?
(A). God doesn't need a creator stupid! Hurr durr.
Fucking jackasses.

Out of his love.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Please get into theology and philosophy faggot.

...and start from the Greeks.

>Out of his love.

For nothing?

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

If God was created or simply had a beginning, would that make it imperfect?

It's still a chicken and egg paradox. Who created the the universe before the universe that created the universe?

The more you think you know the less you know.