Trudeau v.s Trump: American tech fleeing to Canada

>Talented job applicants are receiving multiple offers from competing companies, a precursor to increased salaries, according to OneEleven’s Khan. Meanwhile employers applied for about 16 percent fewer U.S. H-1B visas for highly skilled workers this year than in 2016, possibly reflecting concern that the Trump administration is taking a more restrictive approach to the program

business.financialpost.com/technology/trump-vs-trudeau-canada-lures-silicon-valley-with-promise-of-skilled-labour-funding-and-diversity/wcm/4abf271c-e23d-4b45-bdb1-4b5d0e1d7456

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14460777
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-28/canada-lifts-mexico-visa-requirement-in-return-for-beef-access
cftc.gov/dea/futures/financial_lf.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Talented job applicants is code for "poos"

Yeah the Waterloo grad in SV is going to give up their $600K USD in income and perfect climate to move to Toronto to earn $60 CAD ($45K USD, 90% pay cut) for diversity lol

There's a reason SV has 350,000 leafs working there and Canada is a cesspool of shitskins

Here's the premier SV hiring thread

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14460777

Canadian companies used to post their salaries ($50-60K CAD) and got BTFO'd with top talent constantly asking how they had the audacity to pay so little etc and the Canadian companies would come back with muh health care and muh diversity lol. Needless to say they stopped posting their cuck salaries and never post actual salaries anymore and just use Who's Hiring as a job board for a labour market survey to say look nobody applies to the government so they can use the Temporary Foreign Worker program to bring in Poos for $40K CAD who do nothing.

Every single Canadian tech company has failed and will fail because the top guys go to Cali and make something 237239739289x better than any retarded "Canadian"/imported poo can try to make.

Literally every Waterloo grad interns in the US and BTFOs out to $200K+ USD starting the day they graduate, some even don't bother graduating and just go work full time.

>inb4 "lol I make 300K in Canada" poo in the loo LARPs

Or that they know Trump will have enforcement of the HB rules, instead of pretty much letting them fire competent Americans, as under Bush/Obama.

Here is a blazing tech-pioneering Canadian company. It's called Shopify.

>What is it?
A fucking shopping cart.

>Has it ever made any money?
No, it's lost money everyday since it started operating. It's losses are accelerating and it will go bankrupt soon. (pic related)

>What is it's market cap?
$7B USD

>Canada

>the jewish media says so it must be true

Its the exact opposite. Businesses are all leaving Canada because of the increase in minimum wage and ridiculous carbon taxes.

For one, programming is an incredibly degrading job that offers 0 job security and is the vocation most plagued by ageism by a far margin. You are not respected at any company. Every day, some Alpha who probably does nothing at his job except get his dick sucked in the corner office cucks you into doing random bitch work, and then yells at you when it's not done by the deadline despite being impossible to complete the work requested. Not only that, the code never works, your co-workers are Indians from Tata Consultancy who will replace you for 20% of your salary and you must train them to get your $100 severance, and the work never, ever ends. You pollute your body with the caffeinenated Jew, deprive it of sleep, and let it rot while you sit 18 hours a day, neglecting any exercise, social interaction or life game goal attainment.

It's like a postal worker, but coupled with feelings of loneliness, helplessness and total hopelessness. Programmers are too depressed to go postal, a sad state of affairs! After dentists, programmers have the highest rates of mental disorders, especially depression and suicide.

It gets worse. Women, when they hear you are a programmer, instantly reject you. It is far better to tell a woman you are on welfare than to out yourself as a computer programmer. It's the ultimate humiliation for a woman to be seen with a programmer, as everyone knows they are the grown-up version of the hopeless virgin in high school. One who never really grew up and became normal and fit into society, but rather found an environment where he could escape the reality of his situation and be invisible, able to hide the toxic shame and utter humiliation that is the programmer.

Even the founder of coding, Alan Turing, 404'd himself with cyanide because he was a coder. Programmers, why haven't you taken the cyanide pill and quit (((coding))) and turned to a respectable and productive profession?

>t. programmers after tax make the same as a Subway Sandwich Artist

How much money did globalist propaganda organizations pay the "journalist" to write this?

>Mfw This pasta again
>Mfw companies pay me to even go to their interviews
>Mfw the company i currently work at give me a 3 day weekend
>Mfw i have a high-end 6 figure salary
>Mfw people think programmers are like in the movies

Honestly curious is being a programmer in Canada really that bad? Programmers are treated like gods in Scandinavia.

>t. programmers after tax make the same as a Subway Sandwich Artist

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-28/canada-lifts-mexico-visa-requirement-in-return-for-beef-access

lol you must be a shitty programmer.

So you have that image where women respect homeless more then programmers?

they financed the whole headquarter and gave them their job.

In the Trudeau v. Trump battle, there is only one winner.

Why does Trudeau have so much power over the Trump family?

>For one, programming is an incredibly degrading job that offers 0 job security and is the vocation most plagued by ageism by a far margin. You are not respected at any company. Every day, some Alpha who probably does nothing at his job except get his dick sucked in the corner office cucks you into doing random bitch work, and then yells at you when it's not done by the deadline despite being impossible to complete the work requested. Not only that, the code never works, your co-workers are Indians from Tata Consultancy who will replace you for 20% of your salary and you must train them to get your $100 severance, and the work never, ever ends. You pollute your body with the caffeinenated Jew, deprive it of sleep, and let it rot while you sit 18 hours a day, neglecting any exercise, social interaction or life game goal attainment.

Found

Moving as a white person to Canada is as retarded as moving to Germany or Sweden now. No future. All laws are just meant for you.

When Trump sends his people, he is not sending his best. He is sending Niggers, Kikes and Faggots

This is what women search for LOL

only a retard would believe this is true. oh wait a leaf.

>white people moving

Canada is literally only going to take non-whites, hence the "diversity" as a selling point.

Wages dont go up in Canada

of course not, all those immigrants aren't for nothing :^)

I dont disagree with u but i checked out that link and i didnt see the flaming you were talking about

To be fair tho this is true for a lot of american tech startups

This is so true.

Hold up
Why push for all this immigration and H1B nonsense into the western world?

Why not simply start these tech companies in India?

There's a thread each month, google 'hacker news who's hiring'

It's not a 'start up'. It's been in business over a decade and has yet to make money.

Well I imagine a lot of businesses are leaving California right now, looking for somewhere to go.

When Canadian recruiters contact me with 'great opportunities' on LinkedIn I ask them how much $250k is in Canadian tire money and how much extra they'll pay me to make up for losing my amazing healthcare plan and RSU's

surprisingly none of them ever get back to me

nothing high tech about letting China fuck up the housing market tbqh

Lol

It's not so much a shit across the bow of the United States as much as it is a reflection of improving job growth figures in both countries. People love to frame this as a social issue, but the reality is that the same industries in two countries on the same continent are competing for skilled workers.

Canada has several inherent advantages when competing with the United States on a comparable industry basis... Primarily based upon the fact that our dollar is historically cheaper, but we can deliver the same services at the same levels of competence for less money.

So, this isn't a reflection of anything more than an improving job market.

Ok im sold. How do i become a computer programmer so i can get out of this shithole?

This is wrong on so many levels

They'll be living under sharia law in a couple years. Companies will make all the Americans work for free. No thanks

Yea, and whats Canadas outdated, over filled with job applicants, tech sector going to do exactly? Give all the jobs available to more shitskins because of skin color reasons more than they already do while deflating wage value in an already hyper competitive employment market. Fuckin sounds great!

>inb4 Canada has a tech sector.

Trudeau stole money from Alberta and ran that shit dry. There's a reason he didn't say Alberta

they're literally expecting to pay you 60-80K CAD tops lol

Provincial grants and tax gibs for US companies who hire Quebecois are pretty much the only reason any companies I know even have offices in Cucknada

Take away the welfare the Canadian taxpayer pays to subsidize them and they'd close overnight, Van/TO are almost as expensive as Mountain view or Seattle to run a team in and have nothing like the local talent pools

get into waterloo CS if you want to get into SV

Is it really that bad? I worked in Canada for a while 10 years back and the money was garbage but even then I was making more than that.. and your dollar is worth nothing now.

I didn't read all the horror stories before posting. Turns out you computer faggots fucked up when figuring out what you wanted to be when you grew up.

How in the fuck do you guys fix this? What I said is true for just about every other industry, how are you IT queens getting fucked so hard?

>we can deliver the same services at the same levels of competence for less money

Ugh
>Nortel
>Bre-X
>Valeant
>Research in Motion
etc

Anything Canada makes is a POS and goes bankrupt. The only thing Canada is a failed experiment as a country. All Canada does is extract natural resources and gives that wealth away to government and refugee parasites that vote for the bureaucrats

Isnt it 100% asian there? Im white. Im so fucked

Your lack of patriotism is concerning. Get off your gay ass and do something about it then.

Unstable shithole with bad infrastructure, cronyism they can't control, etc.

Reading things like this fills me with hope. I'll be graduating as an engineer in a couple of years and I would love nothing more than to accept a job in America and get out of this multiculti shithole.

Add hcg to that list. This country really is scam and fraud central. The people here are so desperate theyll resort to anything. Its actually really sad. I fucking hate this country

Can confirm, the tech industry wages in Canada are embarrassingly low compared to what they pay in the USA

Wages were a lot higher 10-20 years. Fuck during the Dotcom bubble Canadian companies were paying 100-200K+ which was a shitload back then considering everything was cheap and houses only cost 100-200K.

Now average coding wages are 53K in Canada. In Economics for every 10% increase in labour supply salaries decrease 2-3%, 6-7% for skilled labour. It's safe to say "coders" from 3rd world shitholes have at least doubled, pulling average CS salaries down from 100-120K to 53K (-70%) today.

Also you literally take home about 35K CAD after taxes from 53K, and Ontario is upping min wage to 15/hr now so burger flippers make the same as the average coder.

I had a friend years ago apply to McAfee in Waterloo for a low level Machine AI job (Assembly, C, heavy AI) and he was a waterloo grad. They asked him to do a programming test (which is an insult for a waterloo grad with 6x Silicon Valley co-op terms and 10 years experience). He politely refused, was offered the job, at fucking

$42,000 CAD a year. That's $31K USD a year. He kept his cool and asked why such a low salary? The HR woman said that's what they pay "Canadian programmers"

He took the US job that paid $300K+ USD lol.

Fuck Canada

The Canadian dream is moving to the united states. Really makes you think.

>6 figure salary in sweden

You are barely making above the median income in a midwestern state after fucking taxes where sweden also has an insanely higher cost of living and you sit here shitposting like your opinion or relevance fucking means anything.

Canada will go bankrupt soon enough. June Toronto housing prices should be out this week lol

March was 916K, April 920K, May 863K, first 2 weeks of June $807K, dropping $55K/month or down 13.7% in 10 weeks

Canada is so (JUSTly) fucked.

>white canadian refugees come to america

This guys socially inept, he should just say what company he works out and play it off like he makes games or say he works in management.

yes but you also need to pull white canadian women
1) so they can comfort canadians and americans in their new refuge
2) they need to be evacuated from the shitskin tolerance hellzone

You read greaterfool and follow scott Ingram cpa on twitter as well? I dunno man. I hope it all crashes and burns but it just wont fucking happen. Look at Vancouver its bouncing back. Poloz apparently might finally raise rates this month but theyre gunna go slow and its going to take years to go thru the system.

I'm actively applying. Every highly skilled white person I know is trying to emigrate to the US, these are normal, right-wing conservatives with high IQs

Trump needs to overhaul immigration already to favour White Europeans

Shouldn't it be unsurprisingly

Except unless youre an amazing computer programmer, u guys make it impossible for us to come in

>Trump needs to overhaul immigration already to favour White Europeans

you need congressional approval to do that

So Poos are going to Canada? What a shocker.

>going to

Poloz isn't going to raise shit he just squeezed the record net shorts in CAD futures

cftc.gov/dea/futures/financial_lf.htm

CAD shorts went from 100K to 67K down 33K because of Poloz and his sub bitch giving those speeches

He might even fucking cut, because Toronto is crashing harder than the US market did in '08 right now

This, and to add onto that our dollar is in the shitter, so every Canadian dollar you make is only 70 cents in America.

Another rate cut wouldnt save the toronto housing market. Plus fixed cdn mortgages are set on the us bond market. Only variable rates are set by the boc. I actually like that sub bitch. Its poloz that is an incompetent retard.

So this idiot is admitting that it's all based on rhetoric and feelings. Canada didn't "throw it's doors open", we have a very restrictive merit based immigration system and that hasn't changed under Trudeau. We've actually cut back a bit since he was elected.

Poloz has already said he's willing to go negative (-0.50% and even lower), start QE'ing, opening credit facilities, and bringing back forward guidance.... this was back in Dec '15

He's unpredictable, when something is priced in 100% he does the complete opposite

Look at the fucking names in the article. Not a single White name.

Now you know what it's like to be a woman.

In dec 15 we were in a recession and getting fucked by oil prices because harper went all in on the petrostate meme.

Canada will be 20% white in 2100. Total population replacement.

Lol

mark my words leafs, the rake is coming

"Canada threw its doors wide open", lmao, piece of shit faggots

liberals are delusional

Czeched

>Meanwhile employers applied for about 16 percent fewer U.S. H-1B visas for highly skilled workers this year than in 2016, possibly reflecting concern that the Trump administration is taking a more restrictive approach to the program
You mean the tech companies that operate out of America will actually have to hire American instead of importing thousands of Pajeets?
WTF I HATE DRUMPF NOW

>those jap bants

Clearly it isn't working at all, they just stopped having jobs in america now, soon all jobs will exist in other countries only cause we aren't importing 3rd world fucktards for slave labor, thanks trump!

very exception bants

Oil was in the 30-40 range and is headed there again in the next month or two with OPEC's cheating and virtually no global demand growth

Stock piles are nearly double the average

Poloz, a trade economist, would rather see a 20 cent loonie and inflate away

This guy gets it. Our economy is predominantly based on resource extraction and exports. Canadian tech is a canard.

Yeah but theyve gotten used to the price now. In dec 2015 prices had just from $110 to $35 in a year. And the economy has shifted from alberta back to ontario and Quebec. Poloz would cut rates if we we go into a deep recessiom (which may happen) but not as a half measure to stop sliding toronto real estate prices

Morneau and Trudeau just paid Buffet hundreds of millions to use his reputation to try to save HCG

They're desperate and know what is about to hit

wew

Buffett paid to buy hcg. Lol he wasnt paid by trudeau to do it cmon man get real

Yes, yes have fun with your absolute BOOMING technology sector, you fucking leafs.

>canada gets the poos and cucks
>usa gets the petroleum engineers and miners
Good trade.

1. You're a pretty shitty programmer
2. You work for a shitty company, probably because it's the only one which will hire you
3. Why bother? Go write more spaghetti code.

no one cares about canada faggot shill

>waterloo CS
real coders study CS at UofT

He diluted shareholders and bought shares at $9.50-10, a 50% discount to market price. First Tranche bypassed a shareholder vote using some extreme financial distress exemption under TSX legislation; second Tranche goes before a shareholder vote, I doubt shareholders will agree to be diluted even more so he might not even honour his initial investment outlay.

Shares have a 4 month holding period, then Buffet can cash out (secretly)

He replaced the $2B emergency HOOPP LOC but kept at least the same collateral ($5.4B in mortgages against $2B), interest rate reduced from 10 to 9% etc

He essentially strangled (option strategy if you aren't a finance expert) it by going long CDS (credit default swaps) on the bonds (if it goes under, he gets the entire 5.4B collateral) and longing the equity that's going to be pumped by his reputational value.

Plus he collects $100-200M interest from his initial $300-400M "investment" which is pocket change for him.

Morneau and Trudeau personally pitched him at Bill Gates' house over dinner last month. They personally offered him guarantees

And despite all of this, HCG still isn't originating any new mortgages.

I know a lot more about this than the average person

Similar results for those who use Bing.