The Metric System

Why don't we adopt it? Literally better than the metric system, even a stupid fuck can easily convert to it. It is far superior and easier.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter#Cause_of_failure
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMByI4s-D-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Advocating for globalism
I don't know, sound like a good idea.

>metric system
>literally better than the metric system
I'm guessing you meant US version of imperial?

You have guns so your goverment tries to undermine you in different ways, like keeping you uneducated through common core or this shitty unit system.
Laugh about irrelevancy of my country all you want but it never happened to me that cashier would look confused at you when you give him 12 bucks and 50 cents when he asks for 11 bucks and 50 cents, in America they simply don't get that you want a one dollar bill and not shitty coins, some retards even thinks it's a tip.

The metric system was only invented because frogs wanted the length of their cock to sound bigger.

Saying that imperial units are arbitrary is like saying that it’s arbitrary for a coat to have two sleeves.
22/7 you fucking mong.

When Eurotrash switch to Metric time, I'll pretend to listen to them.
>Oi, M8, I done got up at 3.08 bongs and went to work.
>Quitting time done be 7.62 bongs.

It's all quite capitol, M8.

I'm fucking autistic, I fucked up with the imperial

What? In Europe we use normal 24 hour time.
Not that weird shit you posted.

>I'm fucking autistic, I fucked up with the imperial

It's OK, M8.
1/8th of a bong is still the same thing as as 1/7th of a bong, at sea level, in a vacuum, squared.

>The meter was originally defined as 1/10,000,000th of the distance from the North Pole to the equator, but because the faggot calculated wrong, it was later retconned to be the distance travelled by light in 1/299,792,458th of a second, in a vacuum.
>pls gib (you)'s

standardised values for both systems are equal problems, but metric has the benefit of it being decimal, and henceforth, more logical.

>In Europe we use normal 24 hour time.
>24 hour time
>normal

Why the fuck are you still living in the dark ages?

One Metric Hour is 2.34735426 English hours.
You fucking savage.

Because your still cucks to the british empire. Imperial measurements ftw.

What would happen if you decimalized music?

10 notes in an octave instead of twelve

I'll tell you. all music would sound shit

>is it better?
Yeah
>is it easy to switch over?
No
>Are we teaching both right now?
Yeah.
>Are we teaching both, so we can switch w/o fuck ups?
Yeah
>Is this thread pointless
Yeah

>>The meter was originally defined as 1/10,000,000th of the distance from the North Pole to the equator, but because the faggot calculated wrong, it was later retconned to be the distance travelled by light in 1/299,792,458th of a second, in a vacuum.

That's not the reason - it just makes far more sense to derive the unit of length via a natural constant rather than something ambiguous. The meter is still the meter, just the formal definition changed.

This map is a lie, Britain doesn't use the metric system.

Time will only be metricised if we become a space faring race at which point measuring time to a scientific standard would become more usefull than measuring it to the rotation speed of the earth. Rotation speed of the earth could be metricised but it would be ugly. Personally id prefer a global shift to base 8 measurement for everything, including time.

It also never happens in Europe that you see $11.99 (cause $12 is just too obvious!) and then go to the cashier and he asks you for 14 bucks because taxes aren't included in the price.

Yes you do

>antarctica is on imperial
>not wanting to side with time travelling alien nazis

Johnny Rotten disagrees, he doesn't know or care wtf an octave is in the first place

>metric has the benefit of it being decimal

Yeah. My cock is 2/3 of the distance from the Great Pyramid to the North Pole, in July, with a Titanium measuring stick, times .00173567428.

Totally logical.

>tfw be American

> have to learn metric to learn science because imperial is arbitrary garbage

> make a stupid analogy to not look even stupider

> look even stupider

>id prefer a global shift to base 8
Why is that?

What the fuck are you talking about you dumb double nigger? We have same time as you just use 13:00-23:59 instead of 1:00PM-11:59PM, your example (7.62bongs) doesn't even exist since it's 8:02(AM), or are you reffering to the fact that day doesn't have exactly 24 hours? We have a leap year for that.

because you
((special))

Not where I live.

The 99 and 0.90 trick is pretty much well known even in Europe, but you're right on the tax part.

Agree with switching over, but
>have to learn metric to learn science because imperial is arbitrary garbage

All mathematical systems are arbitrary. They're all made up of standard units of measurements in order to have uniformity.

euroniggers make fun of americans for only knowing one language even though they only know one system. FACTS: being smart and to know the metirc and impeerial sysem is good for your brain and thinking kind of like how its good for your brain to know more than one language but america only needs one language so gtfo spics instead we just learn 2 systems so our brains are good (usually smarter) than europeans.

>That's not the reason - it just makes far more sense to derive the unit of length via a natural constant rather than something ambiguous

Yeah.
That's why one Astronomical Unit (The astronomical unit (symbol au, or ua is a unit of length, roughly the distance from Earth to the Sun. However, that distance varies as Earth orbits the Sun, from a maximum (aphelion) to a minimum (perihelion) and back again once a year. Originally conceived as the average of Earth's aphelion and perihelion, it is now defined as exactly 149597870700 metres (about 150 million kilometres, or 93 million miles))).

is a constant.
Not random at all.
Nosiree.

You wanna come look at my EasyBakeOven Mister?
Even my momma done think that 13.22cm is done better than 7.524" of cock.

She done be a visonary.

You must live in a timewarp then.

>Literally better than the metric system,

I agree, standard is better the metric system and even a stupid fuck can learn it, unless their as dumb as a Euro. Its the system of measurement that put a man on the moon and won WWII. In fact you can trace all fuckups to the metric system.

Fuck, its great being an American.

stop stealing our Swiffers

Imagine how much it would cost the US GOVT and businesses to convert to metrics. Every road sign in America would have to from mph to km and from miles to kms. What about milk carton? What would it cost to change all the machining and packaging from quart to litre or half gallon to 2 litre bottles? Now apply that to all beverage companies in the USA. Food manufacturers as well convert all packaging from ounces to grams and retool the manufacturing line to ensure proper weight in the new packaging. Tape measures. Rulers. Yardsticks. The timber industry. 2 x 4 becomes a 50mm x 100mm. And on and on.
The simple answer is, it costs too much $$$ to change.

>It is far superior and easier.

Try again

In a war, captured equipment and munitions are a fact of life..the US can easily capture, repair, and maintain weapons and vehicles from anywhere in the world using readily available tools..the reverse is not true

Is the AU an SI unit?
If course not, you mongrel.

Well this too. Imperial really isn't that hard to learn. It's easier to learn metric yeah, but it's not a major improvement. I started with Imperial, and learned metric in about a day, since you use mostly metric in the military.

>put a man on the moon
German tech from German scientists
>won WWII
russian zerging won

I do that all the time and get paper back.

>German tech from German scientists

Love this meme

Home schooling and private schools are pretty common here in the U.S. Someday if I ever have children, they will be home schooled.

Base 8 is better due to the fact that it is divisible by 2 all the way back to 1. Crircles are also naturally divided into eights by continuosly halving the whole.
There exists advocates for base 12 as it is divisble by 2,3,4 and 6, but tge simplicity of the system breaks down when an odd number is produced by mathemeatical computation. It is also un natural to divide a circle into 12. 0,3,6,9,0 divisions on a clock face fit nicely but 1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11 are autistic.
In short base 8 is the simplist and quickest number system for the human brain to comprehend. 10 and 12 arent bad though.

Bong from the past tell me how much simpler is life.

We never use that here we call the military time

Good thing sound is measured by decibels and hertz which are both metric.

>Is the AU an SI unit?

Yes, you fucking mong.
1AU is 6.452738423 bongs long.
Not a single bong more or less.

>Muh Metric Time
A furlong is 1/8th of a mile, or 660 feet.
A chain is 1/80th of a mile, or 66 feet.
An acre is one chain by one furlong.

Back to the point, why is metric "better"?

Is it more accurate?
Is it tied to a universal constant? (when it was created, not a bullshit retcon)
Or, as I suspect, is it just another random measurement?

Keep in mind that one AU is now defined as exactly 149597870700 meters, nevermind that the Earth has an elliptical orbit; metricfags decided that the average was good enough.

And, nevermind that the distance from the Earth to the sun has fuckall to do with universal constants.

It's better, because Metric System!

I call bullshit.

Interesting. I've never even questioned it. Thanks user

it's a fact our cocks are bigger than yours
you are china tiers

NASA uses metric system actually

Also:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter#Cause_of_failure
>The primary cause of this discrepancy was that one piece of ground software supplied by Lockheed Martin produced results in a United States customary unit

>Back to the point, why is metric "better"?

Because everyone apart from some prehistoric tribe on a remote island uses it - that's the only reason.

The money saved would outweigh the costs

It's better because it's easier to calculate between units and it is more wide spread. Yes, any definition is arbitrary, whether a foot is that way because it's the length of some king's cock or a meter because the manlet who invented it was that tall. But unlike imperial, in metric other things are not arbitrary. A kilometer is 1000 meters and a kiloliter 1000 liters. On your imperial side you have an extra level of arbitrary retardation: a mile is 5637 whatever feet and a gallon is 128 ounces???

>using caliber to express time.
Only an american could have thought of this.

AU is not an SI unit

isnt every imperial unit defined by a metric measurement anyway?

This article is crap
Its completlwy biased bull. Highlighted by the fact right at the end ot states 200cL of red wine why doenst it just say 2Litres of redwine. And why is this euro getting shitfaced every night, cunts gonna need a liver transplant if hes downing 200cL of wine every night.

>Gibs Money Plox

You poor nigger bastard.
>Am of Metric
>Am of worthy of gibs
>Am of 13.23cm cock

I almost feel sorry for you.

How about no

>Highlighted by the fact right at the end ot states 200cL of red wine why doenst it just say 2Litres of redwine. And why is this euro getting shitfaced every night, cunts gonna need a liver transplant if hes downing 200cL of wine every night.

See this is part of the reason why metric is so fucking stupid.

Something as basic as centi isnt understood by those taught the metric system in school.

why is an imperial socket set named as
3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1,

instead of 6/16, 7/16, 8/16, 9/16, 10/16, 11/16, 12/16, 13/16, 17/16, 16/16

>I almost feel sorry for you.

No need to. I only know niggers from the internet, rather than having millions live amongst me.

>I can imagine the meaning of thirty feet with minimal effort
Because you grew up in a culture which used imperial system. I can imagine 5 meters just as naturalistically.

The metric system is the definition of globalism

Yes

I assumed Americans kept using Imperial and that weird-as-fuck Month/Day/Year date system simply to troll the rest of the world, and because they're so large that they don't need to care that their measurement and recording systems are completely arcane. All these movies and TV shows with people talking "feet" and "pounds" and no one else knows what the fuck they're on about.

Imperial system is the superior method for weather because the Celsius range is too small.

just add in 8 extra half steps.

your life is now better.

Well shit, I guess it's time to throw away our number system, too.

That's a pathetic reason

>needing more numbers than just 0, 1, and everything in between
Laughing_max_planck.png

The fuck you on about cunt. Centi is taught and understood by cuntss taught the metric system i did the conversion on my fucking head. 1metre=100centimetres=1000millimetres
1Litre=100centilires=1000millilitres
1gram=100centigrams=1000milligrams

The imperial system is a white american's we wuz kangz. Of course, it's completely different from what ancient egyptians or freemasons of the scottish rite use. And obviously, they do not realise that the metric system is an advancement of the ancient measuring system of the Golden Age. But still.

WE WUZ KANGZ WE HAZ EMPERIAL AND ALZO PROPORTIONZ CENTI NO EVEN MAKE SENS WE WUZ NOT KARE ABOUT DEM ZEROZE ! ! !

watch all video

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMByI4s-D-Y

metric is defined in imperial units

Cos its retarded

This i work in measurements all day i can imagine distances in feet, chains and metres. Though when computing i always convert to metric for simplicity.

I don't mind either way, but it would be difficult as all hell to change it. We would have to change all of our traffic signs for example, and you have to get the population to understand a system they never use outside of Science class. Getting a population of 320 million+ people to understand a new system AND use it in their daily lives would be difficult.

English unfortunatley not so easily understood
Fml

Do Americans call it the Imperial system? Given the history with the UK I would've thought they'd want to stay away from that.

>only know niggers from the internet
The only nigger I know is you.

>B-But, MUH Metric Systum.
It's as arbitrary as Stones, M8.

>Nuh-Uh!
>I's done be 1.47245378 metres tall.
Arbitrary.
>Nun-uh!
>Every 1/10th of a kilo I lose is one random unit of a fraction of an XBOX
>I done gots 3,342,000 good boy points

Good for you.
Faggot.
You Done earned one gud boi meal.

>I can tell you exactly how many 0,3472800954 of an asshole that is

Keep it to yourself, pedro.

Convert over a 10 year period it takes a decade or so, its been done by other countries there are examples of how to do it effectively

Cause try and place a 13/32 on that list.

>0
>really cold outside

American """""winter"""""

use

Imperial for actual practical work

Metric for counting beans

dozenal sytem based on 5,040 for anything to do with dividing up spoils

Hex and Binary for house numbers

>enforce the law folks

>really cold outside
>Use Metric Temperature
>be 0 Degrees
>not sure if T-Shirt or Jacket weather
>100 degrees
>be dead

MUH Climate Change!

>arbitrary as stones.

Yes it was just arbitrary that 1 litre of water weighs 1kilogram and measures 10cm x 10xm x 10cm if put into a cubic container. Just arbitrary that that 1 litre boils at 100 °C

O deg F some autist made a salty brine and cooled it to freezing doesnt get more abitrary than that
0 deg C water freezes
0 deg Kelvin absolute cold notging colder can exists.
FARENHEIGHT IS FUCKED

why don't you look up how metric units are actually defined instead of relying on this mong's video?

Every other country managed to. are you guys just retarded or something?

Oh wait, yeah you are.

Cos autism

As Turing the eternal faggot has argued, imperial system makes convenient divisions of base 2 and 3, while metric only devide by 5 or 10 easily. Spliting a piece of wood into three pieces is better done with imperial than metric system. Also imperials give reasonable increments for daily use without the application of fractions like metric constantly does.
And we are used to imperial system, so fuck you.

>Poland thinks he knows what Cold is

I have never seen fractions employed in the metric system but i see it used for imperial all the fucking time

Most countries don't have as many people as us. You yuros don't have nearly enough people in your countries to understand. Converting a few million people vs. hundreds of millions people are completely different.

>It is far superior and easier
No ot isn't, especially if you build anything at all. System of 12 > system of 10 because of more divisers. The superiority becomes fully apparent when you build ships or structures.

Anything under 10c is cold and will probably kill you

Oh wow it's cold in Alaska & Rogers Pass.
Moron.

Why doesn't Antarctica use the metric system?

>Spliting a piece of wood into three pieces is better done with imperial than metric system.
Only if the piece of wood naturally occurred in exactly 1 yard of length or whatever the fuck.

>Also imperials give reasonable increments for daily use without the application of fractions like metric constantly does
Metrics never use fractions retards, it's a decibel system. You can measure anything without ever having to use a fraction. IMPERIAL is the stupid system where you have people saying they're "five foot seven" and then you realise that the seven isa fraction of 12.

Speaking of autism, there are no 'degrees Kelvin'. It's just 'Kelvin'. That is, 0 K, not 0 deg K.

The reasoning behind this is not impressive.