6.6%!!!

Probability that a first marriage will survive 10 years - 6.6%. (US stats)
Sources: CDC, National Survey of Family Growth

statisticbrain.com/marriage-statistics/

What do you think about these stats, pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychcentral.com/lib/the-myth-of-the-high-rate-of-divorce/
rappler.com/world/regions/asia-pacific/indonesia/english/154709-divorce-abuse
youtube.com/watch?v=YR7SydnJAcU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography#Divorce_to_marriage_ratio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography#Divorce_statistics_by_country
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Preddy bad man

How is the marriage landscape in Canada?

Same as America, i remember in high school at least half of white kids had divorced parents

Is this legit? Holy shit if so.

Breddy redpilling. This is what Sup Forums needs more of, hard data, not social media screen shots

Apparently the divorce rate of 50% is "per year".
So each year you run 1/2 chance of getting your ass divorced. When you get to year 10, those are the odds pretty much.

Of course if the divorce rate was 30% for another country you'd get a different number by year 10 etc.

>without a kid
>

Cohabitation stats are pretty redpilling for chicks hoping for marriage too.

Sounds like bullshit. Think back to middle school. If you were in a class of 30 people, 28 of them would've had divorced parents or single mothers.

I was always under the impression that the divorce rate referred to the odds of the marriage ending in divorce vs the odds of it ending in the death of a partner. Is that not the case?

>OP posts bullshit stats: the thread
psychcentral.com/lib/the-myth-of-the-high-rate-of-divorce/

Divorce rate on first marriage is only 30%.

I'm not an american, but in my case it was like 20% of the class.
But these are stats for the current generation - it's disingenuous to compare marriage in my parent's time to today.

That statistic is definitely wrong.

Don't get married. There's literally no need, outside of religious reasons.

Cool article. I was shocked at first when I first saw this. However I still don't believe you can compare the situation 20 years ago to the one today. Mainly because of pic related

Well i just hit 11 years with my wife. Still happy.
Retarded people made marriage such a joke.

Happy for you user!
But don't think you're safe - my aunt divorced her hubby 20 years after the marriage.

No the situation is probably much better today. Not only is the trend positive, but marriage rates are negative. That means the only people getting married are really fucking sure about it (or very religious) and are unlikely to divorce. The Stacey's and Chads now pass on marriage.

I'm not sure people not marrying is such an improvement though...

It's not and it's half the reason why the West is totally fucked. Marriage underpins everything in our society. But it does mean that your marriage in particular is probably going to work out.

Good for you user don't forget to breed

Currently hooking up with a married woman.

I disgust myself.

Sounds good but also depressing :thinking emoji:

Unless the husband is a non-white, gas yourself.

Ya i know but my wife is one of a kind and has my same mentality
We have a 3 y.o boy. Blonde hair blue eyes.

Why cant western marriage be like eastern marriage? Growing up I have never heard of a anyone in my peers with single father/mother (except death). Why is your family institution so fucked up compared to Asia? I never even thought divorce was a thing until I read all the sob stories from all the Sup Forums kids back in mid 2000s.

Your marriage institution is too fragile. Or maybe its the social stigma. Here divorcing is looked down upon.

It's really anyone's guess how things ended up this way...
>pic related

Don't be so sure my asian friend - "progress" is coming your way too :^)

rappler.com/world/regions/asia-pacific/indonesia/english/154709-divorce-abuse

My husband and I have been together 12 years. We have two children. I will never leave him. Marriage is great if you aren't a retard and you know how to resolve conflicts, work on yourself, and compromise feelz at times. The rewards are great.

Congrats hope you can make more

Now let's see what your husband has to say when you're not around.

How many of your female friends know how to "resolve conflicts, work on yourself, and compromise feelz at times" in addition to not cheating on their partner. I'm not saying there are no diamonds in the rough, it's just that they are getting rarer and rarer.

>My husband and I
>We have two children

Adopted children? I dont think gay couples can make children user...

How old are you? 2 children is just the replacement rate

>only 2 kids
fuck off

Been married 16 years. Worst blowjobs ever.

Now they should repeat the study while also accounting for number or premarital partners.

there's going to be so much damage control by roasties and nu-males larping as tradcucks in this thread.

now this thread is going to be filled with people who have been in a marriage for 14 years and 5 children. listen to their anecdotal evidence to disprove statistics about marriage.

70% of men 18-30 aren't married and aren't getting married. there's no princess charming roastie bitches. there's no going back. this 6.6% chance of divorce in the first 10 years is real and why mgtow will win.

I have at least five close female friends who are able to be emotionally mature, committed partners, and are married.

Not larping.

34 and may have one more, but I'm a little high risk because I've had c-sections (my kids have huge heads). Not sure it's worth risking it for a third since my two existing children need me. I plan to encourage my children to start their families in their mid-twenties and to have at least three each.

>and are married
There you go.

Relationships are all about interest. Once 1 side(woman usually) got enough out of it it's time to move on. if you have a big dick you can keep them longer.

Most women aren't with whom they're with because of love/lust but because the all around package they bring like money etc.

Anyone marrying these days is a cuck, it cost less to buy eggs and hire a surrogate in Nepal or another place than play the game.

Most of them wanted marriage before they could find a man willing to settle down. Some of them now desperately want kids but the men are dragging their feet.

At least your old lady is taking the time to put your wiener in her mouth

if you dont marry random women, it's not 6.6%. your fucking marriage isn't a statistic god fucking damn these "Scientists".

it's not a "statistic" that my car is a 2007 model, i didnt flip a fucking coin to decide what my career would be.

Tfw just got engaged

This seems like someone screwing up the stats.

"...lies, damned lies and statistics..."

DELETE THIS

MGTOW WERE WRONG

DONT POST THESE OFFENSIVE STATS

R
>E
E
>E
E
>E
E
>E
E
>E

yeah. if that's the methodology, then i believe it would imply the man would be marrying a woman on Jan 1 and divorcing the woman on Dec 31, then repeating 9 more times

I dunno man, "divorce rate" is pretty much nr of divorces/nr of marriages per annum. You can see that it tells part of the picture but not the whole thing.

This is what I was lead to believe as well. Frightening since I am married.

When you arrive in Hell, you'll know you have no one to blame but yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=YR7SydnJAcU

it's calculated over a 10 year period, user

Just make a prenup and you're safe

>bahh but they get thrown out

ONLY if it contains unreasonable claims that hurt morality for example:

>my wife promises to have at least 3 times sex a day with me

Now I don't know the law in the US (austrian law fag) but I can't imagine them to be that different.

This is what you're looking for:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography#Divorce_to_marriage_ratio

i've been with my gf for roughly 7-8yrs we are engaged but the marriage part is gonna cost a fuckload and I dont want a nigger wedding.

I do wonder how much of these are Greencard marriages

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography#Divorce_to_marriage_ratio
>Furthermore, these two rates are not directly comparable since the marriage rate only examines the current year, while the divorce rate examines the outcomes of marriages for many previous years. This does not equate to the proportion of marriages in a given single-year cohort that will ultimately end in divorce.

yeah, that seems more accurate

Prenups are invalid in the case of DV in the US. You guys should have the separation of assets provision though which is better...

Here in Romania you can separate both assets AND persons so no spouse is obliged to provide financial care for the other in the marriage, just for the children. That's Roman-Germanic law as opposed to Common Law.

If these numbers are true then Social Marxists have won. We're only living through the death of western civilization, not a rebirth.

>Chile
>3%

Those helicopter rides sure paid dividents for years to come.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography#Divorce_statistics_by_country

Think about what you said.

If anything it just means that marriages with children are more likely to last