Do every burger state is like an european country?

do every burger state is like an european country?

explain that burgers.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union
youtube.com/watch?v=_lj127TKu4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go on a Google maps tour. I did it for Singapore and I was amazed

They speak English there!!!

pretty much this, eurofaggot

yes, they make their own rules but still have to abide by the laws of the fed in most instances

In theory the Constitution enumerates a limited set of federal powers. Any power not specifically mentioned in the Constitution as a federal power is supposed to belong to the individual states.
In actuality the federal government has been illegally snatching powers (health care, abortion law, etc) from the states for hundreds of years.

tell me about that angola state.

I mean culturally, not legally wise.

do each state considers itself like a diferent culture?

Nope, they are basically glorified provinces.
Eastern (original colonies) and Southern ones have history and identity, everything else is basically bullshit, especially those square ones in the middle, there's almost no people there and all they do is grow corn and abuse meth.
t. expert

Almost. In order to join the union they give up some sovereignty and have to conform to some additional rules. For instance, the Constitution says only the federal government can engage in foreign affairs and that all of the states must be republics.

In practice, the federal government at present holds way more power than it should, so that the states are often more just like provinces of Canada most of the time. Notable exceptions include when states decide they want to decriminalize weed or have their own rules about guns or whatever else.

>mfw Michigan actually has a very high polish ancestry
>mfw I have no face

yes the states are unique in culture, for example New Mexico has a large spanish and native American population, compared to Alabama which is a large former slave population. Very distinct and different cultures and histories.

do they regard themselves as belonging to each state like a german thinks he's difernen than a french (being both white and european)?

yes lots of people identify with their state. the better the state the more people identify with it. hence why Texas is so popular

>tell me about that angola state.
Mississippi, it's full of niggers.

Explain your shit grasp on english firs-
>flag
Oh sorry

Not all states have a very strong self identity. Texas obviously makes a point of having a strong self-identity. Somebody from Rhode Island could tell you about its unique and interesting history, but few if any people would know what a "Rhode Islander" is like.

A lot of time culture varies more by region. If you're part of the Amish in PA, being Amish is much more of a cultural self-definition than how you happen to be in PA. If you live in NYC, that's a pretty big cultural difference from somebody who lives in upstate NY.

Is missisipi that state where the black guy in forest gump is?

no thats Louisiana.

they are very similar. Alabama Mississippi Louisiana.

blah blah blah they have niggers. they are also some of the only states where the majority of whites are red pilled AS FUCK.

i'm not even from or liviing in any of those states but they are some good states

The us is about 11 different cultural regions that don't really like each other. This usually plays out in sports rivalries and our retarded political system, but could make for an insane civil war.

Yea pretty much actually, many people are loyal to their states and identify with them. For example I'm from Texas but live in New Mexico... I think Texas sucks and New Mexico is better, and I think Arizona and Colorado suck because they're asshole hipster faggots... it's all subjective, but yes, many people identify with their states maybe in the same way people identify with their favorite sports teams

Culture is more microcosms than state based.

Michigan has like 3 or 4 distinct cultures.

Anyone below the Thumb is a retard into cars, the Up North region are typically meth heads, Eastern Upper Peninsula is people who only know how to build boats and die in meth explosions and Western Upper Peninsula is a bunch of people LARPing 1938 Finland while also being the greatest people on the Earth next to the Finns in Finland and Estonians in Estonia.

and where is tom sayer?

Nice ugly nigger hair

11? more like 100

nope he's from a Louisiana parish near the gulf of mexico but that whole region has the same climate, hot humid etc with lots of blacks violent niggers in the city and decent blacks in the country. The white people are rednecks and cockstrong, they go hunting and fishing and the women are beautiful down south

>I think Texas sucks and New Mexico is better
explain

I think he was missouri

that would be Missouri

today, Mississippi Alabama Louisiana are probably more similar to the town he lived in, although there are certainly some places in Missouri still like that.

its just because thats where Mark Twain was from

what's the diference.

Texas is very hot, flat, can't surf the gulf, people are kind of smug, the cities suck, lots of transplants from other states, it's like a big hot suburb of the u.s. with some good fishing in some areas but mostly just hot and boring

>Texas is very hot
some
>flat
thats why you visit New Mexico during skiing season
>can't surf the gulf
New Mexico is better?
>people are kind of smug
any city anywhere
>the cities suck
New Mexico is better?
>lots of transplants from other states
maybe in the big cities... New Mexico is better?

Not much difference, missouri will have more farmland, st. louis is big with lotsa mean niggers, not much happening in missouri really, ferguson riots were in missouri. IDK I haven't spent much time there and no reason whatsoever to go, I think it most likely is just a shitty state, no mountains, hot and humid in the summer, cold as fuck in the winter, deadbeat violent niggers in the cities, white trash meth heads in the country

Missouri is a state that borders the Mississippi River, and that is its identity. Those other states mentioned are more identified as being gulf states.

Missouri is colder, has less blacks, has a smaller population, is probably less red pilled and less conservative

There's only two places you want to live in NM, either Albuquerque or Santa Fe, SF is the capital so lots of asshole lawyers and overpaid bureacrats, albuquerque is mid size with a more diverse economy. Kind of hot in the summer 90-95 no humidity, no bugs... it's all a compromise

Missouri also has a big part of it being part of the Ozarks, which in some ways is a bit of a trans-state culture.

I would live in Cloudcroft.. only place I have been. drove through Santa Fe but dont remember it much.

I guess if you are a city guy it may be better. doubt either city holds up to Fort Worth though.

most states have multiple cultures and those cultures often overlap between states.

Cloudcroft is a small mountain town with limited economy. It's ok for a weekend but you can't make a living there, plus that mountain range is tiny, you'd have more fun in Silver City if you're into mountain towns since the Gila Wilderness is enormous with actual rivers etc.

>PA
>Still borders New Jersey
>Now borders California
Why live

>((((((((GDP)))))))) is the best way to measure similarities between two completely different places
Hello, Moshi.

At least we moved a little further away from Ohio.

Whom'st are'st thou'st quoting?

whats that map?

GDP?
land size?

The kike that measures how similar completely different places are by measuring ((((((((GDP)))))))) and decides to make a map on it.

Ohio is our greatest ally

Your states with the most consolidated culture in my opinion are Texas, Louisiana, West Virginia, and Alabama. Their cities feel like their country. Their country feels like their cities. There's little cultural schism, people identify as from that state regardless of where in that state they're from.

Yet race relations are better there than on the coasts. White and Black Americans see each other eye to eye with respect, both hating on the trashier, strung-out members of society.

I really fucking hate the "Best country in the world" meme the US keeps bringing up.

The EU and US are both unions, compare us that way! Just because you call yourself a country and compare dick sizes with tiny countries don't mean shit.

Ohio was the first on the moon, Not the other 50 fuck off with that bullshit. California is the only one close enough to us. Just to make it fair I won't use my union (The UK). England's economy decimates every state on their own.

I'm sick of this so much, sorry if I seem OBSESSED but its the fucking media forcing the USA down our throats!

what the fuck

>"do every burger state is like an european country?"

My response is yes, they are. I'm just saying US citizens use the "country" meme to always try and one up us.

You know is fucking true,

inb4 a fuck ton of responses of Americans ganging up on me.

that is the stupidest shit i have ever heard mate.

Are you saying Americans don't go around parading their country to everyone?

>My response is yes, they are.
this is retarded. the UK is a country and the US is a too.

Social construct, The EU and US have so much in common.

>The both have a flag
>The both have a president
>They have a central government
>The have member states with their own laws

Its not retarded at all. Give me structural difference between the US and EU?

do you english at all? faggot.

>European Union - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union
The European Union (EU) is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe.

The only reason people don't treat the EU as a single country is because people "don't believe" it is. Which is just an opinion, look at the hard facts.

The United States Of America (USA) is a political and economic union of 50 member states that are located primarily in North America.

the #1 meme really is that now except it's believed, even though anybody with half a brain and some knowledge of politics/infrastructure/taxes will know most people are being fucked over and there is nothing they can do (or will be done) to change that.

>muh guns
>muh freedom
>muh muh muh military might

people were sold the american dream, and still believe that time hasn't gone and they have a chance to be on the top rung or even middle of a ladder that has already been sold.

Come back when you can speak English

Fuck, I live in literally Sweden.

alright man, if you want to tell yourself that your country is nothing more than what a pathetic state would be in america, go for it. i would feel bad if i were you

Structural technicalities aside (I've never read the EU documents but I doubt I would have to go very far before pointing out key was it differs from our documents), don't you think the cultural construct is pretty key?

Sure if I go to the south then I'm a yankee, but I've never been anywhere in the country where we're not all Americans. Growing the country up from colonies in this union is a quite a bit different from taking a patchwork of different long-standing tribes who spent recorded history fighting with each other and mashing them into a union.

>do every burger state is like an european country?
no, because they have basic liberties, while every european state is a socialsitic shithole.
except liechtenstein.

People here get tattoos of the stste theyre from

so it'd take a lot of states to even make a UK or Germany

I'm not saying that, I'm saying don't hide behind the other 49 states. I'd feel bad for you!

I'm gonna be outnumbered by Americans on this argument so I'm gonna use external sources to back me up.

Watch this, come back and tell it isn't just public opinion.
youtube.com/watch?v=_lj127TKu4Q

thats exactly what you said lol

I don't know that we're really disagreeing very much.

Personally I'm a big fan of returning more power to the individual states, but there are some pretty hard and fast rules, like only the federal government directs foreign affairs. It's not like Germany deciding it will help bomb Libya while the UK abstains, or whatever.

There isn't argument about each state having to share a currency or be beholden to a German bank or a Greek financial dictator, since all of that was always outlined in the Constitution from the beginning. It didn't clumsily evolve out of a steel trading agreement.

you have to remember the majority of americans really are brainwashed to believing what they're sold. facts or rational thought rarely will change peoples minds here

grow up singing to a flag and ideology and told everything you and your country does is best will only breed ignorance

>Not mentioning the cheeseheads vs flatlanders (WI and IL) rivalry.

>Washington D.C. has the GDP of Hungary
>our fucking capital city is worth more than their entire nation

That is correct, I am from England, England is a state within the UK, which is a state within the EU.

You are from a state which is within the US.

Just get rid of the loose term of "Country".

It's either you compare the EU as a whole to the USA as a whole
Or you compare England to say Alabama.

I just don't want Americans to pick and choose smaller targets when they compare themselves to us.

My whole argument boils down too, Americans talk shit about the UK and compare military/economy etc. But when I want to compare just England to a state they say it's wrong.

This, originally you just had 13 states, you've forced out the sovereignty of the others. The EU is doing the same thing, we're all "EU citizens" now. It's the same thing, this is why we have freedom of movement, to make us seem less foreign.

what country is better?

top kek

>has the same
>worth more

and there is that yank logic

>germans wants more inmigration
>wow, nice, I'm a EU cuck now
really made me think.

The EU has the biggest trading block, our economy is almost equal to yours (no real winner).
We have health care, You have free speech and guns. Nit pick all you want we are nearly equal.

>B-b-b-but muh Military
EU is working on.

>B-b-b-but brit bong, you're leaving the EU
Same thing, don't compare the US and UK compare states within them.

And if Americans fail to compare us fairly then guess i'll just treat you like North Koreans do.

they're all good and all shit depending on what you want, or have.

it's all relative.

you just believe there is not place better because you've been told that everyday since birth. Norks fucking think the same way too

I've given you straight facts, find a hole.

This is stupid. We are dependant on each others' military and economies and natural resources and are united unlike anything in the EU is.

It's not even close.

In the beginning, more different than the countries of today's anglophere. But the war followed by the march of centralization has steamed out most of those differences today.

Now it's just inertia, crisco and larping. It will take the EU 100 years to mulch its constituent cultures into the same pablum.

no, actually, its because America is the only place with freedom of speech, 2nd amendment, and a limited government consitution.

one is a country and one isnt lol

^ This is so true, everything is relative.

"This is stupid", No it isn't.
The EU nations are now dependant on economies (The Euro for example), Natural resources are exported/import between states in both the EU and US. We just don't have the military yet*

They both share the attributes of a country, one is widely accepted, one isn't.

Let's check you know what you're on about.

Who's the president of the EU?

The president of the USA is Donald Trump.

They have both been voted in, and they both make decisions for their unions.

You're comparing apples and oranges. We are a country, the EU isn't. You're simply pointing out hypotheticals and not facing reality.

This. I think England has more regional variation than the US does desu.

Seems like splitting hairs. Obviously there geopolitical similarity between the EU and the USA, and you most assuredly could liken a sovereign EU country to a sovereign US state.

But the UK doesn't even use the same country code or currency as the EU. English may be a dominanting international language, but Iowans don't speak a different language from Floridians.

Just seems kind of moot to me to want to oversimplify the differences.

That's about right though

hahahahahahahahahahaha

fucking hell, so brazil basically?

Connecticut must really be shit.

>Colorado
WE WUZ KANGS?

it's also the only place going to the movies, school, store, bed, work will get you shot

In what way? I have demonstrated enough information and current day facts to compare both unions. I'm not comparing apples and oranges. A Honda Civic is a union of different parts to form a car. A monster truck is a union o different parts to form a car. They are vastly different in how they work and how they're assembled but they are the same.

^ And to pre-emptively back that statement up, England and Iraq have a completely different structure but are countries.

The UK is an exception to this rule, we've always been but we're leaving. Compare it to the confederacy (Don't look too deep into this, this was just an example to show extreme differences).

Just to back myself up either further, we are called "member states", and in the US you are called "member states". We can compare them.

uh no

Americans will never accept this, and continue to pick and choose who they compare against and how.

Even when you show them hard evidence they just won't buy it because they're fucking stubborn and can't handle the thought of looking weak.

have you any other answer except the traditional delusion memes?

>muh guns
(nobody uses them to rebel)
>freedom of speech
(laughable these days)

I think it's more like we don't get what it is exactly that you're sperging out about.