Minimum wage

Let's talk about minimum wage.

Picture is bait, I do not support a sudden bump of the minimum wage in the US to $15 an hour, for what it's worth.

However, the way I see it, there are only 2 rational positions:
1) You do not support minimum wage
2) You support a minimum wage that raises (or lowers) every year according to inflation.

A static minimum wage for years on end is stupid: if it was at one point established that x amount of money is required to be able for a worker to survive, then this amount should go up as the cost of living goes up; otherwise the slightest inflation will render the minimum wage useless.

This is why the US minimum wage is failing so hard, in my opinion.

What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

wissensmanufaktur.net/media/pdf/plan-b-english.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want universal basic income and no minimum wage.

Who will pay for universal basic income?
It's not affordable in any country.

If we got rid of all illegals, then we could have a $15 minimum wage (maybe)

the dumbest ideas of both worlds, congrats.

I get paid 15.81, im a lifeguard working outside in the sun. Im also a Lead guard which requires me to do other various tasks throughout the day. I have to deal with customers, lazy lifeguards, and opening and closing duties. I have to know CPR, first aid, and know how to work the AED/Oxygen. I do not see the point in giving a burger flipping faggot 15 dollars to flip burgers.

>What does Sup Forums think?
Supply and demand should dictate minimum wage. IF an employer cannot staff a job at $5/hour they need to pay more. There should be no minimum wage. Its not like there is just one "minimum" either. Food staff is paid lower per hour if they are tipped. @ $2.80ish/hour.

there are very interesting models for that. UBI works, if you change the monetary system accordingly.

just think outside of the (((established system)))

Mostly the rich who make loads of money by automating shit and killing all the jobs. If they're going to put everyone out of work then they have to pay for the consequences. They'll just get the money back as all those people pay for automated products.

>infinite consumption
into the trash it goes

Not sure what you're talking about. People have to consume...

I'm talking about setting up a system which solves the unemployment crisis and sets up automation as a boon to humanity instead of a threat.

To be fair, if the minimum wage rose to 15$ in your area, other salaries would soon rise as well. Followed by rise in prices of course.

Elaborate please, Hans.

No minimum wage.

why not just make the minimum wage a million dollars an hour? everyone would be filfthy rich

No they don't. They would only rise if minimum wage exceeded what he made at that point. Ten years ago. I worked for Target and made 7.50 when mw was 5.15. The wage went up to 7.50 a year later and we didn't get a raise. Not even ten cent. A company isn't going to raise their rates just because mw went up

Because the purpose of minimum wage is to provide all workers with a livable wage.
Not to make everyone filthy rich, which it wouldn't.

Did you take your pills this morning?

you can already live on whats offered, obviously the only reason to raise it to 15 is so everyone can buy every luxury they want. be easier at a million an hour

To add to the thread. Too many idiots focus on what they make an hour and not what they can buy with what they make an hour. Buying power is far more important than wage because you can make $20 an hr but if you're paying prohibitive prices and sales tax, it means shit

I live in arizona and literally everything everywhere that has to do with food and drink price went up after the 10 dollar minimum wage this year.
These fucking retards just blow my mind and they STILL dont give a fuck at mcdonalds and fuck up my order. fuck them

Why support any raise?

Minimum wage jobs are not meant to be careers. They are meant for teenagers and college kids, who are just starting out.

You can make $15 an hour when you learn a skill.

You clearly did not read my post and are simply replying to the image.

Don't post an image you don't want to talk about, plebe.

I hate this "living wage" bullshit because it's vague and liberals constantly shift the goalpost. You can most certainly live off the current minimum wage right now. $15 an hr is a case of someone wanting to make good money while doing a minimal job and recusing themselves of any personal responsibility of self improvement

Because the cost of living goes up through the years, dipshit. Stop replying to the $15 an hour image and read my OP. I clearly state that I don't support the $15 min wage idea.

You Americans are retarded, I swear.
Every single one of you is talking about the $15 an hour thing.

I get paid 8.00, I'm a burger-flipper working in a hot kitchen. My job requires me to do various tasks throughout the day; I have to deal with customers, drunks, lazy coworkers, stocking, opening and closing duties. I have to know food safety practices, maintenance of machines, and how to work the soda fountain. I do not see the point in giving some lifeguard faggot 15 dollars to sit around waiting for people to drown.

>replies to a post without reading it
>somehow the other person is the pleb here

You are literally on the same level as these sand coons.

Not necessarily. What is predictable is business closure. If Taco Bell is paying everyone $7.50, they'll double their labor costs in a given restaurant under a $15 MW. That means either people get fired and replaced with machines, or businesses close.

wissensmanufaktur.net/media/pdf/plan-b-english.pdf

I support it
fucking McDonalds is making $4 billion a quarter and using American taxpayers to subsidize their poverty level employees with food stamps, free health care

Why do we have to be mommy and daddy to the whole world?

The problem is that a raise in minimum raise will only lead to a corresponding increase in prices. We can't legislate the economy better, especially when we have fake money and half our economy is just financial kikery that is by no means sustainable.

The Emperor is already taking almost every step that can be done [barring actually fixing the economic system] and its still just likely to delay the inevitable.

Tough talk from a country with no economy.

Imagine if rich world leaders were not obligated to go to Brussels and spend money regularly. What the hell would you people even do?

Mcdonalds USA makes 8.5B a year and employs 420,000 people. Do some math, if they rose wages they'd have to cut employees.

McDonalds will replace $15/hr workers with touch screens, smaller menus, and automated cooking lines. Then those workers will make $0/hr and still collect welfare.

>People have to consume...
they dont, and giving them free money to do so is a bad idea.

>Do some math, if they rose wages they'd have to cut employees.
>OY VEYY, WE CANT HAVE BUSINESSES BECOMING MORE EFFICIENT, WE NEED EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU GOYIM WORKING FOR US AS SLAVES.

McDonald's is a chain franchise so not all of those stores belong to the corporation. Many of them are small business owners who have to do their own payroll

I think it should change along with the value of the US Dollar every new year. Let's be honest, $7.25 isn't something you can live from. For some of us, the only kind of jobs we can get are only minimum wage, so bumping it up would be helpful to the well being of many of our citizens.

If we lower minimum wage to like $4/hr they would be able to hire way more employees though and then unemployment would go down.

Why don't we just lower minimum wage? It would be good for the job creators and there would be more jobs.

Abolish minimum wage
Mexicans in my state all work illegally so we can't tax their income and they live more criminal, lawless, peasant, and most importantly unassimilated lives.

Abolish the minimum wage is to obliterate the criminal Mexicans and put their failures and wrongdoings into the light for all to see, where they can then be removed from our land.

>HR
don't trigger me faggot

Are you CPR certified? Can you swim? If so, how fast? Can you lift a grown adult if they're drowning? Do you know ALL of the rules and regulations of your post? Can you do all this in 80 degree plus heat? Please you faggot, any fucking retard can be trained to do your job
A lifeguard needs actual education and certification along with physical fitness to do theirs, its nothing alike

>my best comeback to your valid point is an incorrect weak bait ad hominem

Low IQ Americans pls go.

Basically all of our economic problems stem from women being given the right to work. There is no peaceful way of fixing this because the only true way to fix it is a hard return to the traditional lifestyle, and a large percentage of modern women both can't and won't return to it since they've been brainwashed their whole lives into thinking being a stay-at-home mom and supporting a man she loves is "giving into the patriarchy" or some shit.

You're a lifeguard homie. Your "skills" are swimming and providing meme medical care to make it seem like you are staying busy until actual medical professionals arrive on the scene.
And you do this maybe once or twice a season.

I've worked in kitchens. It's hard work and everyone treats you like shit. People shit on it because they think food is somehow nonvital to life.

A $15 minimum wage is good but a $30 minimum wage would make everyone much wealthier

Really? My job is far more technical. Get the fuck out of here.

>I live in arizona and literally everything everywhere that has to do with food and drink price went up after the 10 dollar minimum wage this year.
this, goddamn.

before min wage
mcdicks large fries $0.99
double cheeseburger $0.99

after min wage
large fries $2.50
double cheeseburger $1.99

only item on the menu now that is .99 is mc chicken

Raising the minimum wage to $15/ an hour would not be bad for anyone that is white male without a criminal record, at least in terms of employment.
In fact, this demographic would see increased employment because employers are now paying to get their money's worth.

The people who will suffer are criminal scum, weirdos, fags and black people.

>sudden bump

everyone advocating for it wants it phased in over a period of years, dipshit

>businesses have done every single thing they can to lower employees cost already
>we can't raise the minimum wage or they'll do every single thing they can to lower employee cost

Unfortunately I've heard news of them implementing cryptos for UBI. Excellent way to force cryptos into the control of the ((gibberment)) for the mainstream all the while causing a lazy and entitled generation to rely fully on them. Shits a mix of 1984 and BNW

>this kills the minimum wagecuck

>I go to my local Target
>There's homeless outside begging
>Store is jam packed with browns and sluts
>"This is normal"
>Go to the checkout
>There is only one clerk and four self-checkouts
>The clerk is only used for large purchases or alcohol
>Nogs and spics and white trash buying endless soda and chips with their welfare money
>No other employees in sight
>Degeneracy playing on the radio

This is the world we chose