We need to Obliterate the College System

>Life-long crippling debts.
>Indentured servitude to the US Government'
>Forcing innocent people- collegebound or not to pay for your fucking worthless Gender Studies degree.
>Creating an entire generation of radicals and communists
>Creating an entire generation of racial, and gendered tensions.
>Inflating in price every year by the billions

It's high time that this shit finally becomes major public talking point number 1, they've been doing this for the past couple of decades now, and they're luring children and their dumbass parents in with memes about how it will keep you out of McDonalds: But this is a case of Poisoning the well and selling that poison as the cure.

Colleges need to pay for what they're doing, and the US government needs to be kicked in the fucking nut-sack for mandating, and meming it so hard. as well as interfering with the private college lifestyle which has effectively made college impossible to afford since after the 1970s. We need to stop colleges and universities altogether. and we need to completely dismantle the private government loan system. Finally, we need to completely defund the Liberal Arts and Humanities as they are an effective scourge on our society and well-being. Finally we need to make it clear to our local schools that demanding children go to college is Unacceptable. and to start pushing other options such as entrepreneurship, Trade-schools, and apprenticeships.

We now live in an era where kids have no idea how economics work, yet are filing for a collective hundreds of billions of dollars per year. This shit is lunacy. It's time to fight back, and save these children from this bullshit.

>So then, the first order of business would be how to disseminate this information into the public eye.

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/news/articles/2017-06-12/donald-trump-to-tout-training-apprenticeships-in-workforce-development-week
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think the issue isn't necessarily with college itself, but the fact that as time has gone on the degrees you could get have become more and more ridiculous. I know that gender studies is the stereotypical worthless degree thrown around, but it's true. Majoring in something like that really only qualifies you to turn around and become a teacher of that subject matter. So now has time has gone on you have these people majoring in bullshit, they turn around and regurgitate the bullshit and create more bullshit regurgitators, but there's finite jobs in regurgitating bullshit so now you finally have a generation where there's not enough jobs for these people.

What we need to do is limit the amount of bullshit degrees people can get.

1. Reform student loan process so they don't jack the tuition to ridiculous levels.
2. Limit visa students
3. Investigate them and revoke tax-free status when they are found to be anti-American

#1 is the difficult one. I guess we'd need some careful bankruptcy type proceedings so they don't just default all over the place. The banks should do their share of eating it, but that doesn't need to happen in a destabilizing fashion.

reform the process so that the government will no longer be able to have any say in a student's financial aid. This would put the banks in charge and compete against each-other using interest return rates.

>it would make the banks also much more willing to turn down people getting useless degrees thus killing their momentum

>it would keep the quality of the students in the colleges high

>It would shut down the completely useless colleges.

Stop living in a third world country where the Jews control uni fees. My /biz/ course cost me 29K, I make 4 times that in a year and it'll be paid off before I'm 21.

>tfw college is paid off
>have a better degree than 90% of these liberal chucklefucks

I like it.

Also I think i figured out a way to break the college system. And it comes from pissed off students. In a similar manner to how (((they're))) making studfents more militant commies. all we have to do is inject anti college sentiments while posing as college students and academics. We need to make the students angry.

We need to make these students see before they leave that they're basically life-time slaves to government debt.

>We need to make students protest, Make them say NO MORE! we need to make the current college students be the ones who shut down any interests in modern universities. And whenever the news wont cover what's going down use our new media, and social media channels to break the cycle down completely. and shout so fucking loud it cant be ignored. This system needs to come to a permanent end.

How many people actually go for those Gender Studies meme degrees?

The college system is archaic forcing engineer students to take English and Art classes because we need "Well Rounded Students" is horseshit

No one goes to college for enlightenment we go there so we can get a degree and get a job, you could easily shave off two semester's worth of payments cutting the fat from all these schedules

The college system has failed

Yooooo

UW is my alma mater, and it's a GREAT fucking school.

Why is this the poster child for SJW? It has serious STEM cred. I think the majority of students are STEM to be honest. In my 4 years I think I only met a handful of outright meme degree majors.

However, I'll say that Ana Marie Cauce is taking things in the wrong direction.

Also, the tuition is crazy cheap for in-state students for the quality of education.

IIRC I payed about 12k/yr, and grants paid for about 3-4k/yr.

Just allow a central degree checking service and allow bankruptcy on student loans.

Default on loan=degree worthless for 7 years. Defaultable loans means people don't keep doubling down on masters or Ph.D's in retarded subjects

Some gen credits are a good idea. You absolutely SHOULD take some form of English, you have to be able to read and write. I'm aghast at some of the levels of written communication I get from scienctists/engineers.

It's a huge part of the job, so you should have some level of higher-learning geared towards it.

You're also forgetting what a pain in the ass it is to take a full course load of math/sci/engy every quarter. It's healthy to have a couple of hours per day dedicated to something less technical.

sorry buddy. I Just went for colleges.

>It's high time that this shit finally becomes major public talking point number 1,

Trump is already way ahead of you!

Get busy supporting him!

usnews.com/news/articles/2017-06-12/donald-trump-to-tout-training-apprenticeships-in-workforce-development-week

As a college grad who is loving my biochemistry job, i can definitively say that OP is a retard.
>all non-stem/business majors are retarded
>wants to get rid of all majors including stem and business

It's cool, I just genuinely love UW. I was a rural poorfag and UW changed my life and gave me the best life experiences.

I know there are other DAWGS on Sup Forums

Who else spent hours in the Hogwarts library?

There are cases of universities paying salaries to people that don't actually work there. This comes from tax payers' money

>wants to get rid of all majors including stem and business

Uhhh hold the fuck up.....At what point did i say that?

Here's one of my follow-ups. best read it.

Them days spent mirin' all the Japanese cuties when the Cherry Blossoms are blooming

College made sense when the internet didn't exist. You can get a better education on that for "free". We should just have aptitude tests in the hiring process.

I'm frankly sick and tired of college, especially given that I'm just IT.
I feel that if shit doesn't work out as well as I hope, I'm just going to become an industrial ship hand. I doubt I'll have any bullshit hoops to jump through there, and I'll have some buds on the crew to work and drink with.

Simple. Make college free.

You don't have to worry about debt if you actually work for scholarships OP. Anyone who complains about college obviously is a lazy fuck who didn't take the chances and decided on what to do early on, and will almost probably never make it somewhere. College and Universities are good in the sense of getting hired, because usually the business man takes the degree over the lacky. I mean we really don't need to go to college or university people have proven it time and time again, its just that brainwashing in the beginning so the bank gets paid more. And I agree 100 percent that if people have useless degrees like gender studies you turn them down. I understand where you are coming from, especially since a bunch of bullshit degrees have popped up/

I graduated from a state university (math) and I honestly think making these bullshit courses "requirements" for a degree was the only reason many department stayed afloat. I remember talking with my counselor the summer before my senior year to find out I needed to take some bullshit theater course and had to sign up for a summer course at the last minute so I could graduate on time. Class was absolute bullshit and the entire class was students like myself who were forced to waste time and money on a stupid class that had nothing to do with their degree.

The whole thing was basically a scam looking back on it. Like most other students, I was there to get degree with a piece of paper on it saying a graduated so employers could take me seriously in the job market. There are literally dozens of alternatives online like coursera that are dirt cheap or free that do the exact same thing. I've just finished a few machine learning courses and used it in my current job. Cost less than $100 (which my employer gladly paid for) and just a few hours a week for a month or two. If I ever feel the need I can go back and take additional courses. If I wanted to take the traditional route, I would of had to spend tens of thousands and taken at least 2 or more years off work to "learn" the exact same thing.

Stick with it. Sounds like you're getting burned out. Relax and have fun, with something like IT your GPA isn't make or break, internships are.

I'd suggest enjoying campus as much as possible, be social, join a fun club.

And get a fucking internship or job on campus.

You'll miss it the second it's gone and you're stuck in a job with no freedom to enjoy your life and interests.

Also, I don't know what IT programs are like, but I hope you're learning some programming languages. Learn one, put some stuff on GitHub and you'll be infinitely more employable when you graduate.

College is fine if you go for an actual high paying field but too many people go for art, teaching, and other worthless dead end jobs

You need to kill every jew in America, that will solve most problems.

but all those worthless degree holders are forcing every company/etc to make SJW wings. It's pretty ingenious

Fuck UW students. Spoiled bros and hoes mixed with spoiled Asian students The sakura trees are very pretty in spring, though.

what? how the fuck does archive "discredit " them. fucking pathetic. I hate VICE so fucking much

the majority of people aren't gay yet these people will harp on about it for days. Vocal Minority is vocal as fuck and it's annoying

Not if you get a job first and pay for school out of pocket. I payed 16k a year for a CS degree living super-frugal

Yeah, I was really out of my element at first, there are really well off people at UW for some reason, it was surprising for a state school.

There are a lot of normal people though. It's not that bad.

i like the sound of this. I just want to add that there should be mandatory courses in political thinking, so that everyone gets on board with Trump and whoever doesn't can be identified by faculty and removed from the institution. we shouldn't be subsidizing the education of anyone of course, but especially those who disagree with Trump in anyway, since those people are not patriots and we don't need more leftist cucks. in fact, I think students should be encouraged to identify those among them who are leftists and report them to the proper authorities, perhaps some sort of GOP-Trump appointed committees for correct political thinking.

It aint much better over here, im choosing to do an apprenticeship rather than uni because I will actually gain useful skills in engineering and get paid toon, the fact people still go to uni and expect to walk into a graduate level job with no experience dumbfounds me

>We changed around some problems and issued a new edition!

>Your 2016 edition is now useless. Perhaps you would like to donate this book to Pajeet in India?

This is part of the problem.

4 years learning, applying concepts, researching and writing papers, going to labs, giving presentations, working on group projects, and meeting deadlines while performing at high levels IS EXPERIENCE.

It needs to be treated AS EXPERIENCE.

Because IT IS EXPERIENCE.

Employers just don't want to treat it as such because they want cheap workers.

When I do technical reviews actual experience is and not just school projects is probably the #1 thing I look for.

Actually I guess the #1 is somebody who isn't dumb. They're going to learn on the job anyway.

I didnt mean stem things like medicine and physics, I was more talking about english lit tards who go to uni for the sake of it then expect special treatment because they have a degree.

>Trade-schools, and apprenticeships.
Enjoy being a prole nigger with a broken back, lungs full of mesothelioma, and dumb blue collars co-workers. Enjoy being replaced by robots designed by the master race with doctorates in CS and engineering. There's a reason why a degree holder, in a good field, is superior to some dummy with no more than a HS diploma.

we should remove colleges and replace them with accessible information
and jobs shouldn't use degrees they should have actual tests that test your ability, because some retard could get a degree and not be better than some hobbyist in the same field. this is especially true in stem fields like computer science

Yeah, I am burned out, and I know and have known everything you just said for years now. I do have a campus job, student tech with elevated privileges and such. Though Internships I've had less luck with. Unfortunately I live in poorest to second poorest state, and frankly companies are quite limited in interest here.

Tried out for GD, never responded, Tried Raytheon, but they were looking for 'actual engineers'. Tried somewhere else, but can't even remember.

I'm just tired of it all because for one, the college is in financial crisis mode and budget cuts abound, and two the degree map keeps changing every year and I'm required to a plethora of a bunch of classes that have exactly 0 impact on the furtherance of my knowledge and skills in IT.

Pic related is me.

That's just dumb.

I'd look at a portfolio of culminating projects with much higher appreciation than a low level job where you just did bug testing or code monkey duties, even though it's "professional" experience.

I hate telling people to come to Seattle, but you should seriously get on Indeed at apply to some jobs here.

It's expensive, but IT is alive, thriving, and lucrative.

I find the best ones usually have longer-term projects they do on their own that are better than classwork or code monkey jobs.

One of my favorite picks was actually a philosophy / math major who had taken a side interest getting trying to get a real career path going. Too bad my boss cockblocked that with some robot with a fancier degree and better grasp of buzzwords.

>What we need to do is limit the amount of bullshit degrees people can get.
even non bullshit degrees are an inefficient way of learning
they are mostly just overpriced credentials

Universities are now run by administrators and the outside consultants they hire to tell them what they want to hear. No one cares what it costs except the parents who are eventually sold into it with slick marketing.

Perhaps if colleges would stop pissing away money on hundred million dollar stadiums to attract students people could actually get a useful degree at a reasonable cost.

I agree, side projects are huge, but generally aren't traditional "professional" experience. I just want to see that people can build things.

Honestly, once you understand the basics like syntax, conditions, controls/loops and some basic data structures you'll be productive, particularly with senior engineers to steer the ship.

Glad you're open minded with your picks, I did what he's trying to do. I was a hard STEM major and just took some fundamental OOP courses and built projects. Landed a job fairly quickly as a dev

Has anyone had any luck with Udacitys nanodegrees?

And do what? give the world a participation trophy? if college is a free mandatory thing, what makes it different from high-school? It certainly doesn't teach you anything.

When everyone has a degree, that degree becomes completely worthless. the entire point of higher education was to get an up on your peers.And lets not forget that free college means everyone is forced to pay for it. Do you have any smidgen of a clue how expensive college is? and you want the US govt to somehow magically pull out enough money to pay for every college in the USA? Nigger get out of here.

>Apparently somebody isnt well-versed in the law of diminishing returns

All that matters is that you can build stuff. Go build, document it, put it on GitHub. Know the lingo, data structures, and common interview questions.

Focus on stacks. Once you know the syntax of one language and logic of OOP, you'll master another in a weekend.

Basically, no one will treat it as a real degree, but they will treat your code as proof of understanding and productivity.

My main beef with class projects is that too often they're little projects that exist temporarily and in isolation. That leaves out the all-important component of maintenance and thinking about how to build something reusable and extensible, worrying about documentation and what happens when somebody else has to use it or work on it, etc.

Its not just that
They claim to do job placement

Agree.

But that latter aspects do depend on where you end up working. They'll have their own culture of documentation style and scaling considerations that they will train/expect you to follow.

That will change when you go somewhere else.

TANKS

THROUGH

HARVARD

The gender studies type of degrees need to be eliminated as majors and departments. At least at state colleges and major universities.

If you really want to study that tripe, take an elective or go to some shit-ass private nobody college.

Also, Agile principles kind of work the same way, build your list of stories and delegate duties.

If someone understand classes/objects/inheritance, they're fine as long as there is sufficient communication and project management/planning.

Engineers need art so they can render and draw.

Don't mistake useless ideology classes with ones that teach actual skills.

The Feds are the number one employer in the country.
If they created alternative credential systems and used them in hiring 4 year colleges would go away within a generation.

>You absolutely SHOULD take some form of English, you have to be able to read and write.
You learn enough English before middle school.

You fail to take into account why this is.

American universities function like a business.
It is not in their interest to educate you or anyone else.
It is in their interest to make money and increase their prestige by any means necessary.

The reason "gender studies" and other liberal majors exist is because there is a demand for it. The free market you normally champion is the reason those course are available. Someone will and does pay for them so they are there.

If you don't like it don't participate. These days literally ALL you require to increase your personal knowledge can be acquired online or by other means without involving any institution.

If you want to get mad at something get mad at companies outsourcing jobs and no job security in general which deprived an entire generation of a stable existence.

Dumbest fucking thing I've read today

You don't even cover citations at that level, let alone structure and audience considerations.

What is really important is to take the Jews out of the Universities and make them proper European institutions, as they were a few decades ago.

>If you don't like it don't participate. These days literally ALL you require to increase your personal knowledge can be acquired online or by other means without involving any institution.
There are plenty of jobs were a 4 year degree is a legal requirement

I'd still prefer a guy who can work effectively left to himself given general directions and a good ability to understand why it is or isn't a good idea to structure something like this or that and how that's going to jive with all the other parts of the operation than one who is going to do the best job ever of adhering to a given style or documentation protocol or clever Agile system or whatever.

Granted I work on a relatively small and flexible team where trying to act like a big software house does not reward the extra effort.

I remember doing citations in 5th grade.
Also it's fine if you want to learn more but I don't see why it needs to be mandatory.

That won't change the fact they are obsolete in the digital age.

Agreed.

However that's a role for a senior dev.

If you want experience, you have to pay them appropriately.

Basically, nobody wants a jr dev. They want a senior dev willing to get paid like a jr.

Yeah, but for a small team that isn't paying big bucks and drawing mostly on people just getting started or looking to try a career shift, I'm looking for the jr. dev type with a mind that can adapt to a more senior role if he sticks around.

/comfy/ as fuck, engineering here. enjoy your worthless degrees to 'keep you away' from McDonalds, and I don't take salt on my fries.

You should also move to Seattle lol

Sounds like you'd be guaranteed 6-figures. Why get paid less than market value?

Why are they obsolete?

The only real problem I have considering how Higher Education functions *here* is about free speech - you can't have free speech when the left dominates or there are multiculturalism (It was unthinkable to say fuck the E.U. near young poles a few years ago).

Also, the major problem, however, is that I personally think I'd learn more having a coffee with the teachers than in class.

>and I don't take salt on my fries.

Nobody cares, because you pay before you get the food.