Christians, it's time to deconvert

Why are you still following Jesus? He was a failed apocalyptic prophet, as reported by your own gospels.

>Mark 13:30 (Jesus, after referring to the assumption of the elect into heaven at the end of days)
Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

>Matthew 10:23
When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

>Luke 20:26-27
Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.

>Jesus predicted he would return within the lifetimes of the people he was speaking to
>2000 years later
>howdopeoplestillbelievethisshit.webm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EjIlhu-yuTI
youtube.com/watch?v=X_UyGnfBhOI
youtube.com/watch?v=PzngTXkGUkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get behind me Satan!

bait gtfo

christianity isnt even a white religion, its for fucking middle easterners and greasy as all fuck italians

Satan doesn't exist. But I'll play along; let's suppose I am Satan. Why is it so easy for me to use your own holy passages as evidence against their truth?

So what are you proposing instead of being a Christian. I'm asking as religion in the key component to a flourishing culture.

Personally I'm an atheist, but in this thread I'm not proposing any particular religious identification. I'm just arguing that Christianity is objectively wrong, and every Christian ought to move on to something else.

Wow, for a supposedly "Christian board", not many of you Christians are rising to the challenge. None of you have yet even attempted to answer the question I asked in my OP. Are you really so afraid to defend your own holy texts, even anonymously online?

Heathen niggers should be executed.

I'm not here to argue. I'm telling you that you deserve to die.
I hate antichrist niggers like you and want you dead.

Fair enough. I will die eventually, as will we all. So you can take some comfort in that. Have fun believing a text which undermines the authority of the very savior it proclaims.

I can take comfort in knowing that you will burn in hell.

They didn't die though
John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Even from a Christian perspective, this is a very weasel-y argument. John is merely saying in this passage that a (good) afterlife exists: heaven. We all acknowledge that everyone must die in a biological sense before entering this afterlife, and it is clearly this kind of literal, biological death that Jesus is referring to. I take a plain, no-nonsense reading of the passages I quoted, as I think is sensible.

Also this approach does not explain Matthew 10:23, which talks about going through a certain number of towns, rather than about death. Therefore your interpretation is the less parsimonious one.

>Christians, it's time to deconvert

No.

>Why is it so easy for me to use your own holy passages
You are not using them, but I applaud your effort.
We know the context of those verses, you are not fooling anyone.
>as reported by your own gospels.
what do you know, you have other gospels of your own.

Forgive John Podesta

(My is changed because I had to switch devices, sorry)

What context am I missing that so drastically changes the meaning?
Also what gospels are you referring to?

Yup, that's me. Go ahead and get it all out of your system so we can have an actual discussion about the bible afterwards.

because they were killed

So they were "killed", but they didn't "die"? Give me a break.

this is kindergarten level "lol christians BTFO"

read the verses in context, they are talking about the end times/the tribulation/etc.

>this generation
yeah the generation that sees the signs of the end times idiot

there spirit aint dead

He's prophesying the destruction of the temple and the Jewish Diaspora of 70 AD - which did indeed happen in the lifetimes of many of His contemporaries - not his return much later. I only referred to Mark before making this reply, but He specifically points out in Mark 24-27 that it's a separate event.

All of them, man.
The verses you presented describe the end of times.Seriously, read Revelation, all of it. Jesus said that humanity will not perish (there will still be a generation of humans in the period of end times and not all of them will die) until all things written in Revelation will happen, with all the signs and the wars, etc. There will be humans of one generationwitnessing and suffering all things written in Revelation.
Why don't you read Revelation, seriously man?
Read all the Bible , go to a Nible study if you have to.
Don't be an ignorant fuck, you're not fooling anyone like this. But I have to applaud you, it was a decent bait.

Mark 13:24-27

>this generation=that future generation
In context it's pretty clear that he means the generation of his audience, especially since your interpretation cannot explain the synoptic Luke passage I quoted, which refers to "some standing here" rather than "this generation". Therefore, my interpretation is more parsimonious.

Bible study.
Nible study for you bait-kun.

>Jesus predicted he would return within the lifetimes of the people he was speaking to
>2000 years later

>what is revelations

Yeah this generation that sees it.
And we didn't have the technology back them to have most of the stuff happen.

Your hat is ugly. A bit to big on the head, color is bland, looks like the hat of an old man. If you are going to wear a hat, wear it in style. Go full fedora mode.

If you can understand this........you might have a chance. Otherwise......doomed.

youtube.com/watch?v=EjIlhu-yuTI

>Bad exegesis the thread
>Mark 13:30. Interesting to note the first cherry picked verse also references false Christs (antichrists) trying to lead people astray. Jesus was prophesying the destruction of Jerusalem. Look up post-millenialism, my friend. In Numbers 23:19 it clearly states that God does not lie.

>Matthew 10:23
Did Jesus finish going through the towns of Israel before he was crucified and resurrected?

>Luke 20:26-27
Did you realize that Christ's work on the cross conquered death? Because of that some of those people would die and enter into Heaven rather than Sheol.

I urge you to repent, OP. Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world; in whom we have redemption, through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins.

No.

You tell me to read Revelations for context. However, the passages I quoted were written decades before Revelations, so surely it is not needed to understand the passages.

For the record I have read Revelations already, however I was only a young teen at the time and didn't get much out of it. By my understanding, it is apocalyptic literature which is anti- Roman and offers hope of deliverance from persecuation; there is also apparently a fair amount of numerology in it, the meaning of which I have not extensively investigated.

>needed to understand the passages.
It is though.

>anti-roman
I don't think it ever talks about rome in Revelation

The Left Behind series did more damage to the American Christian than any other film. This pre-millenial garbage took off like wildfire. I'm actually in the middle of a project for a 4 or 5 part series about post-millenialism but most of it is currently in my office and I'm just far too lazy to take a drive to be right on Sup Forums. But in the meanwhile, I would encourage you to listen to a sermon from a pastor that I respect greatly for a good perspective on where I'm coming from.

youtube.com/watch?v=X_UyGnfBhOI

Remember, God does not and cannot lie for it is against his very nature.

Man will search tirelessly for meaning, but he will never find it. Regardless, the meaning is within the search itself. An endless journey, a fruitless search for meaning, is the greatest thing man can ever hope to experience in this world, because once a search bears fruit, the fruit quickly rots and man is left dissatisfied in the end.

So what could be better than pursuing an ideal forever? Searching for the ultimate reward and never finding it, there is nothing better, because if the reward could be found it would no longer be ultimate.

This. Christianity is a sandnigger jew religion

>reverse proselytizing
So let's say that you actually do manage to convince a Christian to abandon his faith based solely on your post to this Manchurian cardigan-knitting forum. What makes you think that such a spineless fuck wouldn't see the Zoroastrianism thread up the page and immediately start praying to Ahura Mazda?

>all of this imagery in revelations
>all of these metaphors

Considering this was from the perspective of a man who predates us by ~2000 years, I'm curious to see how much of this will end up being as literal as John wrote.

>Jesus said he doesnt know when it's the end
>he takes a guess
>OP: he was wrong duuuuuur

>so surely it is not needed to understand the passages.
Of course not. For example, the entire chapter, of Mark 13 presents signs of the end times. So it makes sense for all those things to happen during the end times (this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

>there is also apparently a fair amount of numerology in it
I guess, I don't care about numerology, I am not an occultist. Revelation makes sense without numerology, just understand what the signs of the end times are.

>Wow, for a supposedly "Christian board", not many of you Christians are rising to the challenge. None of you have yet even attempted to answer the question I asked in my OP.
Sometimes it's not even worth to reply, seeing how dumb or cherry picked the christian bait threads are. I guess from time to time it's ok to take the bait and humour people like you, when there are no other interesting threads.

OP pls

>of all the things to choose to make fun of...
Why are you wanting to see male breasts?

>Mark passage
I looked up post millenialism, but I really don't see how it is consistent with the early eschatology expressed in this and other passages.

>Matthew passage
Is it relevant whether or not Jesus travelled through all the towns? He is advising his audience, not himself.

>Luke passage
But they still died, regardless of where they go afterwards, contra Jesus's prediction.

I will watch your video later tonight, thank you. It is a bit long so I cannot respond to it now though.

>I'm curious to see how much of this will end up being as literal as John wrote.
Everything so far.

That is a nice fedora, now THAT is style.I applaud you.

What makes you say that? Have the signs started to appear? I'm aware of the true nature of our modern (((Jews))), but outside of that, it seems a bit harder to notice.

>after talking about the elect
>in Heaven
>the elect have already been chosen; are here now; and will be
>in Heaven, you say
>when guys like OP come around, keep running because they'll always be here until Christ returns maybe?
>some standing here will be judged before they go to Heaven
>this means He said He's coming back on Tuesday when all these men are here
>I mean; when the elect are here
>I mean; when the elect in Heaven are here
Are you stupid?

OP confirmed for having man boobs and self esteem issues.

Thanks for giving it a watch. It's worthwhile if you're trying to understand our perspective.

>Mark Passage:
He was talking about the sacking of Jerusalem. The Romans moved there. Halted. The Christians escaped. That was the prophecy.
>Matthew Passage:
We disagree on what Jesus was talking about.
>Luke's Passage:
Death is conquered. They're not dead. They're living that sweet Eternal Life that Jesus kept talking about.

it has been happening since 1948
the thing is it's too damn slow holy shit
i hope i live to see it

>Have the signs started to appear?
Yep, and there are plenty.
For example, in Revelation, something familiar:
2:9 and 3:9 , da jooz
2:20-23, literally it describes the degeneracy in US and all of western world
3:15-16 , lukewarm denominations, televangelists.

a lot of people think the luke verse is about the transfiguration but i think its pentecost when humans could finally be saved through jesus' sacrifice (receiving the holy spirit). the kingdom of God had finally arrived.

Matthew 4
4But he answered, and said, It is written, Man shall not liue by bread alone, but by euery word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 5Then the deuill taketh him vp into the holy Citie, and setteth him on a pinacle of the Temple, 6And saith vnto him, If thou bee the Sonne of God, cast thy selfe downe: For it is written, He shall giue his Angels charge concerning thee, & in their handes they shall beare thee vp, lest at any time thou dash thy foote against a stone. 7Iesus said vnto him, It is written againe, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 8Againe the Deuill taketh him vp into an exceeding high mountaine, and sheweth him all the kingdomes of the world, and the glory of them:
In the above passage Satan actually quotes from the Bible, just a you have done.
He, like you, tries to deceive using the words people hold dear to them. Christians put so much faith in the bible, so there is no better tool to deceive them with.
In conclusion:
GET THEE HENCE, SATAN

he was also a jew so it's a lose/lose for christian white supremacists.

Fine, that's their business. I'm just highlighting a contradiction in Christian text for us to discuss.

Joshua, they're laughing at you

youtube.com/watch?v=PzngTXkGUkg

Sorry, I didn't really even want an image, I just googled "Jesus memes" and picked something that wasn't too polarizing or distracting from the text of my post.

Thanks for this, its been a struggle to know whether or not I should think well on Christianity or if it was some kind of Jew trick

Not sure how this stuff is relevant, I'm not accusing Christianity of being Jewish, I'm saying it's contradictory.