Sup Forums BTFO on minimum wage

How could you possibly refute this? PRO-TIP:

you. Can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Sup
vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/15/15806870/hawaii-universal-basic-income
archive.is/goH7P
washingtonexaminer.com/study-seattles-minimum-wage-is-hurting-the-poor/article/2627072
fee.org/articles/seattles-minimum-wage-has-been-a-disaster-as-the-citys-own-study-confirms/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Put that thing on the street in any city in the world and people will be fighting over spots in line to crank it. Maybe the people who are complaining about earning minimum wage should check their privilege and realize that many people would appreciate having that job they are bitching about.

sys.Sup Forums.org/pol/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=132298500&altc=1

I would turn that crank, no joke...

5 minutes until a homeless person breaks it and steals all the money at once.

Perfect answer.
/thread

You mean you have to fucking work for money?
Truly our world is unjust.

Maybe some kind of electronic crank turner is the answer.

>Find two
>Turn both
>?
>Profit

>Minimum wagers can be replaced by a cheap electric motor.
Really activated my almonds

>Build automatic crank turning device
>Request more cranks to turn
>Repeat indefinitely

brb, gonna be rich guys

>attach two to a pedal machine
>get fit
>profit
>no ???

Why turn the crank when you could break the damn thing and take the money?

What if I turn the crank really fast
Then I'm making more money by working harder

Re-read the image

Or you could make a machine that spins the crank really fucking fast and just wait a moment while it does its thing.

Nothing in the image says I can't turn the crank faster. Unless that wooden box literally has a computerized timer that only counts down while it's being turned, and no matter how fast you turn it it counts down at the same pace.

Hey Tyrone.

No chance!

Must program the machine to dispense more money.

Automating the crank to turn itself is not an option! Please ignore the fact that this is a perfect case for automation

>OMG this minimum wage work isn't fun
It STILL needs doing and it's STILL probably not financially feasible to dramatically increase the pay for it

>Turning the crank on the side releases one penny every 4.97 seconds
Unless you're an autist, the reasonable interpretation is that once you hit a minimum threshold speed, the machine dispenses.
Either that or the machine is built with a speed limiter that you can not surpass due to in-built resistance.

>turning the crank creates no wealth whatsoever
sorry, it's not a good example of a job.

>Turning the crank transfers wealth
It's literally a government job

Doesn't need a computer, could be a spring loaded cog with a gap at a 60/1 tooth ratio. Provided the sizing is the cog and coin hole is correct all the crank would be doing is setting the tension on the spring.

Implying the crank isn't hooked up to a generator in Guantanamo and every turn of the crank sends a mild shock into the balls of captured enemy insurgents

>homeless person
you misspelled nigger

>hire a dozen spics at home depot to turn cranks all day
>pay them 1 dollar per hour
>talk them if they steal, complain, or don't show up ill have them and their families deported
Who /globalist/ here?

Minimum wage doesn't work that way, sorry.

1. MW prevents pay going any lower. It's meant to be way lower than what the market can afford.

2. MW is not a safety net for poor people. It's a safety net for poor economies. The purpose is to ease welfare without over spending.

3. Regional markets, economies, often pay way more than the MW if two criterias are met:

a. the job can benifit the company in long run, not the immediate.

b. the job requires a set of skills that are learnt outside the job itself.

A 14 year old kid can earn MW opening doors and fetching umberlas at fancy hotels in NY. The kid spends most of his time waiting, which is what a lot of minium wage are basically-- mostly waiting.

For that art piece to be accurate it would need to dispense 7.25 per hour REGARDLESS of how many times it is cranked, or to at least crank it once per hour. Because that what lot of minimum wage jobs are-- waiting to do a simply job when needed. You don't need to active the whole hour. There is nothing in MW that requires any kind of continous labor in fact, it's based on services rendered.

do your fucking homework

I have two hands, I can turn two cranks.
Gonna grow me some kick ass crank turners

>2 million

Wow it is nothing.

Then you simply find out what the minimum effort is to get the 7.25 an make sure you never go faster than that, just like every job ever that lacks performance bonuses.

Just need a few mole women

underrated

Use electric motor to turn the handle for you. Pay tiny electric bill and make a profit while you play vidya and sleep.

See, thinking outside the box. Those that are only capable of turning the handle are worth minimum wage. Those that can automate it deserve the $15+

bull shit I'd crank that fucker for 2 weeks no break

paid overtime?

>not getting a Mexican to turn the crank for you and giving him 1/4 of the share in return

If you need the money that bad you will sit and crank it as long as possible. You will then go and take that money and invest it in yourself and find somewhere that will allow you to make more money then the crank... But I guess you wouldn't understand considering your a snivelling cunt who thinks they should be handed everything, right?

I don't work (turn the crank) just for the pennies.
I get satisfaction from doing something useful for someone else and charge for that.
If my job was just turning the crank, I'd stay home and shitpost on Sup Forums

A more accurate depiction would be if there was a succession of crank machines and this was the first one you had to turn for a period of time before you could move on to one that spits out more money. There would be more levers to operate and they continue to get more complicated the more money they spit out but this is just the entry machine that everyone has to start off on.

Dont like what the next more complex and difficult crank machine looks like? Stick with the one you are on.

Want to progress to the next one that spits out more money? Learn the ropes and earn your way to getting to it. Master the one you are at while keeping your eyes on the next one and the one you want to go to after that.

/thread.

>paying people to validate my view makes me right

Reply and I will deposit 10 dollars in your steam account

Anarchist detected

It would make more sense to pull the crank off the machine, break the container and steal all the money

You are forgetting that you need diversity quotas.

Gotta make sure you have women and minorities turning more advanced cranks.

>Doing this mindless, easy thing should be paid like it's difficult
The suicide rate on the left isn't high enough.

>some faggot operating an art installation
so profound, how can capitalism ever recover...
\

>implying people who work minimum wage jobs are working 100% of the time they are paid to

I've seen more people dick around and steal shit while on the job than I care to see. Fuck them.

They can't turn those cranks
So you get the advanced crank at and they get the original easily one and you both get the same pay, 'cause same hours worked n shit.

can you make ends meet on a minimum wage job?

if yes, then the minimum wage has fulfilled it's purpose and should not be altered.

>State Rep. Chris Lee, a Democrat from the Honolulu suburb Kailua who spearheaded the measure, says he first heard about basic income as a concept on Reddit.
Memes are manifesting faster than we expected.
vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/15/15806870/hawaii-universal-basic-income

Profit denial
archive.is/goH7P

>machine now drops enough for fifteen dollars an hour
>WOW SO MUCH MONEY
>prices inflate
>WOW THIS JOB SUCKS I NEED MORE!
>quits job
>WHY WONT ANY JOB HIRE ME?!

>people will be fighting over spots
homeless and drug addicts maybe, nobody worth shit would waste their time doing this. Minimum wage with no benefits of any kind at all and manual labor is only appealing to the most desperate of dregs. Anyone with a real income would either completely skip it or leave fast after the novelty wore off as their time is worth more.

Bot trips

It's almost like you don't keep up with the news and live a communist bubble or something...

washingtonexaminer.com/study-seattles-minimum-wage-is-hurting-the-poor/article/2627072

Simplistic. Childlike. You useless commies are pathetic. You suck at life. KYS

hmmmm i wonder why $7.25 doesn't buy as much as it used to-

I literally do nothing at my job, wouldn't mind cranking a machine like that for an extra 7 dollars an hour, I'd even bring it home with be and turn it while I watch TV

>the money runs out, it can't be refilled, it's now useless and someone is out of a job

Prophetic, in a way

>Not putting a dozen or so in a field with a cabin or two and ordering blacks to crank in exchange for a roof over their heads

Especially not bitcoin.

We don't need to raise the minimum wage, we need to switch to Bitcoin.

Let's say that the machine does what it does, at the rate that it does. And at the end of the day the worker hands all the money he produced to his boss who gave the machine to him.

Now imagine that the boss has to pay the hand crank guy 15$ for every hour he worked, even though he only made 7.25$ of revenue per hour.

Now imagine that boss consider how much an electric motor costs....

12X1=$12 an hour
You might be a /globalist/ but you're definitely not a Jew with a -25% profit margin.

>Be woman or trap
>Seduce crank turner
>Earn all the money they made doing nothing

If you don't produce more than the wage your being paid - you will find yourself unemployed shortly. Fuck your emotional arguments.

>Spot the r/eTarD
Someone already explained how it can run on gears and cogs
Get off your smartphone and educate your dumb ass

Honestly speaking as someone who's considered "rich" by most people's standards, I have to say I chuckle that so many of you guys who aren't wealthy want the minimum wage to stay as low as it is.

I think that's why politicians are so smart. They convince you the general masses to constantly vote against your own interests.

Real truth, I'd rather be dead than work a shit job for $7 an hour. That's piss money. Lucky for me I'll never have to work muchless for $7.

Says the basement dweller.

I would turn that shitty handle all fucking day when I'm not at work and just use my other hand to hold a book to read.
>read gruesome Harvest or some shit then maybe tale of two cities or something else I have listed to read. Fucking retards complaining about being payed to turn a crank. Gtfo.

thank you, this is beyond retarded.

Anyone worth a shit has a job you dumb fuck lol

My nig.

PLEASE DOUBLE THE MINIMUM WAGE

see how it flies

You just rewrote an episode of Black Mirror from season 1.

This is what minimum wage workers essentially do anyway.

I do support higher minimum wage, no one on pol who is informed is against it.

Then you'll have to take a month off while your shoulders and elbows recover.

Higher minimum wage will
Be good for everyone, it will make the country richer.

Minimum wage in New York is 9.75

>progressives are so unfamiliar with working they needed a simulation for it

Hogher minimum wage and rent control.

Try raising your own value, instead of the minimum wage. You'll get much farther in life

or we could capture some natives from Africa and bring them to do it
We will selectively breed the ones with strongest biceps and forearms and create a huge workforce of dumb strong niggas
what could go wrong

Listen I understand what this comic is trying to say but it misses a few key ideas:

You need to remove training and salary, as it's likely they are hiring part time or casual basis to keep off certain benefits and taxes and not giving training, then they will double dip by subsidizing the cost of the employee (At which point society should get a cut for paying for that employee).

The rest of the idea of the comic is okay (The employee is not entitled to % unless that is discussed).

show us your studies where you proved that.
o-oh wait... rofl. all you have is your opinion

Good episode.

If you crank it for 40 hours do you get *1.5

fee.org/articles/seattles-minimum-wage-has-been-a-disaster-as-the-citys-own-study-confirms/

So, we give them their 15.00 an hour that they want, and they get 2 pennies every 5 seconds? I'm sure everyone will love to stand there cranking that all day for that.

because people enjoy doing something challenging and helping society out. turning a crank is stupid boring and useless. comparing one thing to another doesn't automatically make it right, fucking dumbass.

>work is supposed to be fun
Hah.

>at much harder jobs than turning a crank
Double hah.

A smart man would make a machine that turns the crank for you.

We used to have those, called em niggers. Then a bunch of New York City faggots ruined all that.

>can earn 7 bucks an hour doing literally pointless labor
minimum wages cucks BTFO

Soooo, who is going to keep the machine filled with money?

because the guy came up with the idea and invested in machinery and tea cup materials?

Please tell me what job pays $7.75 a hour and is harder. Please someone list a source of someone hiring at that wage.

You can actually get a pretty decent wage here for doing menial assembly/cleaning work on a line. Do you know why it's a decent wage? Because the job is boring as fuck and no one wants to do it. Boring isn't interchangeable with harder.

you are paid what you are worth

I'm starting to believe that Libs really must have some sort of mental disorder which makes them unable to come up with logical and robust arguments.
How can they loose that much?

New Orleans police department. Actually, I think they are finally making $10 an hour after the "restructuring".

lol