One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic General

Reminder that Jesus Christ is Lord, reminder that He loves every single one of you and died for your sins on the cross.

When are you going to give your life to Christ? The fruits of this world are rotten, nothing will satisfy other than a relationship with God.

Heaven will be awesome. Choose it now. The world will pass away but Jesus Christ will reign forever! Do the right thing...

Catholic General - Everyone welcome, ask any questions you have about The Faith!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2AGrXG-AsA
biblestudytools.com/history/early-church-fathers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll be praying the Rosary, please join me if you'd like, God bless you.

The rosary is sinful read Matthew

Why do you love jews so much?

Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Jesus' own words, why do Catholics reject christ? You hate the bible and make up your own man made pagan doctrine

>But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do

Catholics are not heathens.

Our translations are not "vain repetitions" but regardless, the rosary is not vain.

Jesus gave us the our father to recover, yes? So we are supposed to recite the our father.

The Angels in heaven never cease saying "holy holy holy is the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come". Are the Angels in heaven guilty because they repeat this over and over?

The psalms repeat... Etc...

You must look at the context. This verse is talking about "empty words". Nothing to do with repetition.

Both the Orthodox and Catholic Churches use pray beads, ie, they repeat prayers. They have both been around for 2,000 years... Unlike your Protestant churches (many different ones) that have been around for 500.

We're Catholic, not Protestant.

It says don't use vain depictions as the heathens do, when you're praying the rosary you are using vain repitions as the heathens do. Do you have to say Hail Mary over and over again? That's not how you pray
Protestants have existed for 6,000 years. We follow god's exact words, the Catholic Church makes up its own man made doctrine and has separated itself from God.

My question still stands

I don't know user, this looks like blasphemy to me.

The Catholic cult exists to control the poeple of Rome, that's why they deleted half the bible, Catholicism is Christianity easy mode, it's designed as a political tool, it's easier to control the masses with easy rules
Oh you committed adultery? Just confess and gif the church money you'll be saved :^)

>We're Catholic, not Protestant.

Catholics are idolaters they hate God they ignore his word the pope worships idols

Jesus didn't give you the bible, He started the church. The church gave you the bible.

The church was called Catholic in 1AD, this was before the bible was even complied by THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Jesus Himself repeated a prayer three times

King David repeat prayers in the psalms

Jesus gave us the Our Father to repeat exactly

In revelation, it says the Angels in heaven NEVER CEASE saying "Holy Holy Holy Lord who was and is and is to come."

And no, Protestants have been around for 500 years and are heretics. Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide are damnable heresies. Fact.

Going from the bible alone without any authority causes great confusion, as can be seen by the 1539462 different Protestant denominations.

Repeating a prayer isn't the same as using vain repitions
He didn't repeat himself a 100 times during the prayer did he? No because the bible forbid that
So? The kikes still call themselves Jews even though they aren't doesn't mean you're the same church, you've been a pagan church for thousands of years, the Roman emperors used you as a political tool and introduced pagan customs and rituals into your temple.

>Protestants have existed for 6,000 years

Hahaha holy shit - literally "we wuz Christian b4 jebus" you must be a Baptist!

No, just this is common sense it's a continuation of the religion God started on day one, Catholicism turned away from this. Biblical Judaism is Christianity

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2AGrXG-AsA

Let's remember Saint John of Capistrano, who was a "Warrior Priest."

It's blasphemy to venerate the Mother of God? Only Jews and Muslim adopt ridiculous iconoclasm. (Which has been declared a heresy)

Catholics do not pray to statues or pictures. The issue with idolatry is when pagans thought the actual wood/stone had power or were in fact God. Catholics know statues and crosses are stone and wood, no power, they just represent what we love.

This mindless iconoclasm of Protestants is completely unsustainable. Do you allow your children to draw? Do you look at paintings? Did you play with action figures as a child? All idolatry according to Prots.

Someone is filled with hatred for the Church Christ established! You hate the Body of Christ, yet you consider yourself a follower of Him?

God doesn't have a mom this is blasphemy

The modern church isn't the church Christ established
Why would it be so sinful? Are you saying Christ sins?

hay faggot catholicuck. how many texts you have highlighted but not read are you going to post ITT? your faggot popes burn in hell

Brothers, I masturbated yesterday knowing it was a grave matter. It struck me last night just how much I had sinned and how I was utterly separated from god and how I had corrupted my soul and body for a fleeting few seconds of fleshly pleasure. I wept and despaired for I felt so despicable. I said an act of contrition but I yearn for and also fear my first confession as a candidate to be received. I started to begin to realise what god's love is , for I haven't been able to grasp it before. I am desperate for absolution for a life of sin is a corrupt and wretched life and my soul rejects it utterly and I yearn for god's grace to guide me. Hopefully I can go to confession soon as I have contacted my priest asking to. Hope you pray for me brothers to give me strength to fight against all earthly temptations to commit mortal sins and guide away from unknowing venial sins. I will pray for you all too. God bless this thread.

why did my cousin and his wife kneed down before an mary altar in the polish church where they married?

bump

Does anyone remember the catholic priest user who did an ama a while back? Has he posted again since?

Because they worship idols
The Catholic Church is an idolatrous sinful cult
Catholic temples must be shut down
Catholic cults outlawed

for what? christians dont care, they will be with jesus after the rapture.

Did anyone ask him why the Vatican defends rapist pedohpile homo Catholics?
The bible says kill a faggot, kill a rapist, and says relations are forbidden until the woman has had her flow!
This is because the Catholic cult is sinful its not a Church it's a political tool to control the masses
Wake up people!

I will pray for you. Do not be ashamed. Google nofap, I've been celibate for years, it really changes your life and has so many benefits.

I'm in a similar situation to you in regards to confession. It's just about getting it done with and I will pray you do. By the way, the priest will have heard this sin confessed about 1000000 times, no doubt. God bless you.

Christians DO care God said don't worship idols Catholics do because they HATE God

>1AD
What? Are tou this retarded?

Because Catholics pray on their knees, and they use images of the Virgin Mary/the saints/Jesus to pray.

Let me ask you this, do you honestly believe any Catholic prays TO the statue? You would have to be out of your mind to believe that.

did you forgot what jesus told about overcommers? overcommers of what? THE WORLD. James 4:4, KJV: "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

Ignore protestant posters. They exist purely to corrupt the teachings of the church

>10 posts by this ID in a 28 post thread
More than 1/3rd of the comments is your shitposts, time to ease back buddy.

Nothing wrong with being married before a statue of a saint... would it be better in the eyes of God to be married in front of a blank white wall?

We aren't defending him, America has had pedo issues and I still defend this country but not the pedos good grief. oh and

HAPPY 4th of JULY

>mother if God
HAHAHAHAHA
You realize Jesus is older than Mary right?
1 Peter 1:19-20
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

You pray to ancestors, the bible says to kill mediums, you're communicating with the dead, according to the bible every catholic should be killed.

There is no rapture, never has there been believed to have been one from the early church. Another Protestant falsehood.

you will regret what you do in here after the rapture. not to mention how much blood be on youre hands just because of what you try to achieve here.

>painting
>action figues
I don't pray to those you retard

Catholics didn't delete half the bible, Protestants did.
Open your bible tell me where are the following books?
>Tobit
>Judith
>Sirach
>Baruch
>1 Maccabbees
>2 Maccabbees

I meant 1st century AD, my mistake.

I'm not shitposting I'm spreading the truth, I used to be a Catholic but I opened my eyes

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

and Wisdom

Why do Catholics ignore almost every single one of the commandments God gave us?
Catholics even say they eat Jesus' blood and flesh (forbidden by the bible) then say it's God, Catholics think they eat God!
Theyre disgusting animals

How does this defend the rosary?
Pray without ceasing doesn't mean repeat yourself a 100 times

Thank you brother. I know the benefits but the flesh is weak. I vow to sin no more as per my contrition

This post is an example of the Satanic hatred Satan has for the church Christ founded.

You know who was the first "protester"? You are following his lead, rebelling against the established authority.

i hope you mean this honest and are not part of the trolling. if not, if you against jews and really believe the Sup Forums shit you should rethink, god elected the jews, they maybe refuse jesus, but the old bounds still counts, god is faithful to what he promised abraham in the past and not to mention israel.

You have a vehement hatred of Christ's church. Read the church fathers and you will see you and your Protestantism is dead wrong. The catholic beliefs are consistent with the early church.

Thanks user, and lets not forget about entire parts of Esther and Daniel

>Catholics are not heathens.
Catholicism is the one true Church of the Lord Jesus Christ

Well then PLEASE put your criticisms in a single thoughtful post rather than rapid fire shitposting every comment.

If you were ever a Catholic you were a very shitty one as you are purposefully repeating the same false "Catholics worship idols!!!!" meme that has been disproven several times in this thread alone (along with other falsehoods).

Catholicism is the last remnants of the Ancient Romans elites and Hebrew priests.

Old jewish families that want to maintain their stock of gold.

Let go of Catholicism and embrace Orthodoxy you Satanist scum.

Angels repeat the same prayer in heaven over and over...

The verse in question, "vain repetitions", means "empty phrases" in none Protestant (correct/original) translations.

The rosary is not a vain prayer.

If your wife told you "I love you" one hundred times would that be a sin?

>A broken and contrite heart oh Lord thou wilt not despise
Psalm 51

We can agree on this, my protestant friend.
Sup Forums-fascist ideology is as harmful to the world as liberalism is.
Jews may have forsaken Jesus and his Church, and in doing so became the new Gentiles (along with Muslims), but we must remember Revelation 11:1-2 "Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff and I was told, “Come and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count those who are worshiping in it.
But exclude the outer court* of the temple; do not measure it, for it has been handed over to the Gentiles, who will trample the holy city for forty-two months."
Even the Gentiles will have a place in the Holy Temple of God at the time of Judgement

Brothers remember to ignore all the obvious slanderous attacks. Do you reward such satanism with a (You). Only reward the inquisitive minds who wish to know more and not to slander.

Good stuff Esther is good, I really like nehemiah.

>It's blasphemy to venerate the Mother of God? Only Jews and Muslim adopt ridiculous iconoclasm. (Which has been declared a heresy)

It's blashpemy to build a statue of her and pray to it

Jesus existed before being born of the virgin mary. He's Gods son, not Mary's son, and existed before the creation of the world, and before the creation of time

>Catholics do not pray to statues or pictures.
thats exactly what you idiots do.

>This mindless iconoclasm of Protestants is completely unsustainable. Do you allow your children to draw? Do you look at paintings? Did you play with action figures as a child? All idolatry according to Prots.

>raises a bunch of non-arguments to defend idolatry.

I wouldn't let my children pray to an action figure and call it the mother of god, because thats spiritually damaging

>The church was called Catholic in 1AD, this was before the bible was even complied by THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
this is just wrong, the earliest recorded instance of the phrase catholic church being used was 107 AD. and before then the canon of the gospel was established and in circulation in 40-70 AD.

also the greek word Katholikos the greek word meaning catholic appears approximately 0 times in the bible

unironcailly enough, a "catholic" meaning universal church is mentioned several times in the gnostic or "heretical" gospels.

Show me where I'm the bible it says you can pray to dead people
No I don't I don't like the man made doctrine and sinful nature of the Catholic Church
Are you saying Christ made up the doctrine of the church? Is he defending the pedophiles and faggots and rapists?
You're sick in the head if you think so
This is why only third world subhumans and the beast of the field is Catholic
Show me where it's disproven, all I ever see Catholics say is "lol we venerate not worship XD"
It's the same thing
You bow to it, that's worship you sound like a Muslim.
The Jews of the bible are th Christians, Jew just means God's people they're the ones who believe him, if you believe God you'd follow his commandments and accept Christ as his son and our lord and saviour
Jews don't, they're the synagogue of Satan, but they lie and say they're Jews.

-said the bibl... i mena catholicucks

So what then, you have to keep saying something different to avoid repeating yourself? That's just silly user, don't be such a Jew taking the scripture so literally.

Show me in the scripture where it says that

lol worshipping some jewy desert god

>don't take Gods word literally goyim trust me
Not falling for those tricks kike

God wasn't from the desert, when he existed there was nothing and God isn't a Jew, he's God

80% of posters itt are most likely spics

Only subhuman retards and the beast of the field is Catholic

who are the "church fathers" you spew about in every topic, and why do you trust them more than jesus christ?

where does it say in the bible or from the (((church fathers))) that ingesting mass produced crackers and vaguely reciting something that jesus actually did say (though it does not come with the claims catholicucks claim) means salvation? you havent read the highlighted sources you spew here every time. you are retarded. read those sources. and the bible

you predictable response about (((church fathers))) is just more blah blah blah. spare yourself the stroking on your keyboard. save that for holy father fuckmeover

Why are you following the tribal deity of some desert tribe then and not something more vague like deism then, jew lover?

Rise of the Merchant
One of the most powerful cities in history, also had nothing going for it in the beginning. At first look it was not supposed to succeed. Unlike other towns in the region like Lucca, Pisa, and Siena, Florence did not have a shoreline, so no sea trade like the Venetians, it did not have direct acess to trade routes on the land. It did not have any immediate access to natural resources, and it had limited agricultural production capabilities. Yet in spite of this it became one the largest cities in Europe with 120,000 living there. And outside of Rome itself, it was the wealthiest city and the greatest source of Renaissance art. The Florin was the American Dollar of the day.

Florence has little to no records of transactions until about the early 1100s, probably because of high taxes. Before this Merchants in Florence would use proxy towns in the surrounding area like Pisa, Lucca, and Siena to do business, where there are plenty of records of contracts and banking loans. But suddenly the same years that transactions took place in Florence the 1st walls of Florence were built (paid for by taxes). Florence made most of it's money selling wool and silk, and interest on banking loans. From the Levant, to all of Western Europe, and North Africa, it was the bank of Kings and Popes. Florence was where the Medici lived, who practically ruled all of Europe, and with their peers, they financed the entire Renaissance. It was the Medici that found and funded great artists like Michelangelo, Raphael, Botticelli, Fra Angelico, Pietro Perugino, Donatello, and Leonardo da Vinci, and 4 Popes were from that family.

>2 posts in and the Christcucks are already fighting over who's fairytale is right

like pottery

Jesus is God, Mary have birth to Jesus = Mary is the mother of God.

By saying Mary isn't the mother of God you are saying Jesus is not God...

No Catholic prays to a statue. This is mindnumbingly obvious. They pray to God or they pray for the intercession of whatever the picture/statue represents.

The Chrurh was called Catholic by Ignatius in 1AD. Before the books of the bible were officially decided on (by the Catholic Church)

Revenge of the Goy
Their power slowly increased from the 1100s to 1500s, with a brief ShekelShoah right before the Black Plague in the mid 1300s. But after the black plague the Merchants they prospered bc God took care of the filthy goyim. Then suddenly something happened. In the 1500s trade contracted, kings stopped doing taking out loans, cities refused to commerce with Florence and dozens of other Merchant cities in Italy that also financed the Renaissance. At first it was in Northern Germany, and England but then it spread all through out Europe, until Florence totally shut down all it's banking and trading to Italy exclusively, except for certain places in Spain, France, and the city of Amsterdam. They were so skilled and YET in spite of overcoming every obstacle, especially early on, it became a husk of it's former glory all in a single century. The very same century as the Protestant Reformation. You see Protestants hated to commerce with Roman Catholics or Jews altogether. Suddenly all these patrons of the arts were without money to fund the Renaissance, so the Renaissance ended, choking them out in competition all over Europe until Florence had no power to even outsell Protestant made fabrics in their own city. This was the Great Shekel War with the Business Goy and his Reforming friends and the Merchant lost, so the Renaissance had to be shut down. This was the second ShekelShoah of this age. So they packed up their bags and sailed all over the seven seas taking their florins and shekels with them. This commenced the Golden Age of Piracy in 1600 and 1700s.

God created all mankind

Show me the scripture that says only the scripture should be used to determine what to do/believe?

Jesus isn't God the scriptures don't support this and the concept of a trinity didn't exist until the 4th century when the Roman emperor Constantine introduced this at the council of nicea
Do you support the bible and the authors of the bible who God gave his word to? Or do you support some pagan emperor?

Well said, kinda sad how you can explain a concept to a Protestant several times but he will still purposefully misunderstand it. It's like heretic taqiyya

Just hide his posts like I'm doing, pray he finds his way past this ignorant hate

Read both anons

That may be, but you're not answering my question. Why is it that this always happens with you jew lovers when pressed on your disgusting practice?

The church fathers were the successors and disciples of the apostles like Titus and timothy.

biblestudytools.com/history/early-church-fathers/

Here are their writings. God be with you

Mark 7:8-9
For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name [singular] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all (2 Corinthians 13:14).

To God’s elect…who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood (1 Peter 1:1-2).

The apostolic church fathers were the great saints that the apostles passed the faith on to... Great to know you overtly hate the early Christians who are in heaven right now... A lot of them having died horrible deaths for Jesus Christ.

I know you haven't even read the Church Father, because if you had you would not be a Protestant.

What's your question?

God Bless you brother

Sweet, a LARP thread, I've been looking for one of these.

So, a few days or so ago, some guy linked an article on journeytoorthodoxy about what men like about Orthodoxy. Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity because the best parts about Christianity are the ones that ditch the Jewish aspects and replace them with European aspects, but that's not the point. Out of curiosity I dug further around on the site and found that they, along with a number of big wigs involved in Orthodoxy in the United States, are interested in killing off the ethnic churches and seek to embrace a "church changes to accommodate you and your culture" attitude.

I have to ask: Are they fucking retarded, or just a minority voice? The only thing that makes Orthodoxy unique is that its ethno-denominations are the closest thing Europeans have to ethno-religions... and they want to just go and kill that off and embrace Protestantism?

Emperor constantine was an Arian heretic like you. Arianism is categorically not christian

You can't go back 2 posts to by yourself?

beautiful