Society is fucked

Why is it suddenly considered autistic to wear suits or dress shirts to college? Today my dickhead Prof made fun of this kid who was minding his own business and sitting quietly in a suit; it just blows my mind guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RMh9hPGNGKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The kid was you wasn't it lad

Nope

Its alright you're allowed to wear suits here.
No one will bully you.

Your professor is probably a commie loser who jerks off to cp anyways.

there's a huge difference when it looks good and when it looks stupid

Why do you care what random people at a college think of you or other people?

That is how they influence you and how the change you into someone else

Well you have get it right if you're wearing a suit otherwise it will look ridiculous.

why isnt this degenerate nigger wearing a belt?

Why did we stop wearing suits? When did that transition happen approximately?

80's?

He needs room for the food he reviews

Spanish kids i know do this

Probably but it was just a huge reality check. Like what happened to these institutions? What happened to decency? I also feel pretty bad because I laughed along like everyone else and the kid just kind of looked down.

>tucking your tie into your pants

Ever heard of suspenders? Good fitting trousers usually don't even requirremember belts.

As a guy who's worked in the finance field, it is silly to wear a suit all the time. That being said, your professor is a cunt if he really made fun of someone wearing a suit.

>tfw walked in an area I haven't been to in a while
>niggers and coal burners running about
>trashed stores and shops
>used to be beautiful
>was the only one who was clean and dressed decent
Get me out of Georgia please.

right place right time my dude
it's pretty stupid to wear a suit in a place where everyones wearing jeans+t-shirt/sweater. they seem out of place. you wouldn't wear casual shit to a place that expected you to dress properly would you?

Suspenders, faggot.

I hope you stood up for him, right?

The only reason to wear a suit is if you have to. And only a loser would get in a situation he has to.

Why didn't you speak out if you felt so strongly about it?

fucking beltophobe shitlords

Maybe the kid had a job interview and the prof was mad he was actually going to try to accomplish something in the real world.

a suit is the least degenerate attire

60s/70s

Most men wear suits that are way too large for them. They were never taught to buy clothes that actually fit.

see
>I laughed along like everyone else and the kid just kind of looked down

OP is a virtue signaling beta faggot

You disgrace that flag.

I could believe that, I've had a couple commie shitstain professors who hated people with actual jobs.

gotta be buff to pull off a good suit

wow, youre a spineless faggot.

Yeah I feel like a dick but honestly what could I have said? Sometimes you gotta hide your power level until the time is right. Plus I was wearing gym shorts and a wifebeater, so that wouldn't have helped my case.

Plus professors are known for having bad hygiene and dressing like shit. Seeing a young, well dressed kid with a bright future could really piss a commie prof off.

It's not. It's considered autistic to wear oversized suits.

Wear something fitted and nice and everyone will think
"That guy is important," even though you're just a Sup Forumsfriend.

If you want clothes that fit you have them made for you buy a tailor.

Go fuck yourself then. Grow a spine and talk back, ask these questions to the professor; what did happen to academia, why is it not acceptable to dress like this. Don't fuck off like some squirmy beta autist, stand your ground and engage in discussion instead of running back and asking Sup Forums about it.

Hippies transitioned into work place and didn't want to conform man

You're right man, I won't let you down next time

belts are for cucks...real men wear sansabelt pants like Crockett.

who is that guy anyway? i keep seeing pics of him

It's ok user, we all fuck up some times, what matters is that you actually understand that you could've done better. and apply that to next time.

I've been thinking about non ironically start using suits and ties.
I already go weird looks and comments for using my shirt tucked in.
>mfw being a well dressed christian nationalist really is the counter culture

Most people are unironically too fat to pull off a good fitting suit these days.

Mild "austism" is just having germanic ancestry which is laden with neanderthal DNA.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
This is running on empty
Food review

Just stand up for him. Youre not hiding your power level, youre being a bully. Have some humility, make everyone else in the room realize that theyre the shit heads. You arent doing anyone, including yourself, a favor when you keep your head down and play other people's stupid games.

are you hot? got muscles? pic.

Also, confront the kid next class and speak up for him. Maybe you'll make a friend, a connection, start learning critical social skills (the real reason people initially went to an institution of higher learning), and grow from this. Either way.

Mountains are the last refuge of the white man in that state bruh.

Where did this picture come from

REVIEWBRAH

Honestly I'm considering it as well. I'm gonna visit Milan in about a month so maybe I'll pick up some good pieces there.

Nah I'm tall but skinnyfat

The professor was probably worse dressed than the student. That's why he got buttmad.

It's just not something you'd normally see/expect from traditional aged college students. There are outliers, older non-trad students might be coming to/from work. Also, frats are usually required to wear suits 1x/mo. I forget the ritual, house day or flag day or something, so all the houses would play dress up.

It WOULD be nice if it was common at university. A suit just makes you feel smarter and more confident.

oversized suits were the fashion sense in the 80's

I wear suits all the time. It's about how you carry yourself. I'm also a big 6'2 burly motherfucker so people don't want to say shit to my face.

Also, you should never tuck tie into pants. That's faggotry. And that tie doesn't match that suit, but I give him poits for trying and fuck goodwill for using comic sans

>there's a whole generation that doesn't know about crockett and tubbs

A camera.

Join a professional program. Of course dumpy arts profs make fun of people for being well dressed.

That said, if he didn't have a reason to wear it, it's pretty pointless.

Are slavs white?

no belt, and taking a pic in TJ Max makes you a dipshit.

This. Get an off-the-rack (~$450) and get it tailored perfectly. Get a white shirt and solid-colored dark tie. Spend half as much on proper dress shoes and a belt.

Kid looks like an extra from Glengarry Glen Ross. Don't look like a two-bit salesman or private eye from the 1940s.

you are overly thinking it like a sperg

>doing something right is being a sperg

Suspenders will typically look inferior to a belt-- it's usually fat men that need suspenders. His tie shouldn't be tucked into his pants. If he were wearing a belt, the bottom of the tie should reach somewhere near the middle of buckle. He would benefit tremendously from getting a barbell and doing shoulder presses, as well as pullups, as he has no shoulder musculature to speak of and the suit jacket is swallowing him. If dropping his hands down to his sides results in no visible cuff, he needs more cuff. A pocket square in his suit jacket would also be an improvement.

Get that fucking pen out of that shirt pocket. The fuck are you doing. Your pants have pockets. Wear a better shirt that doesn't have a shirt pocket FFS.

The left clings to this idea that the intellect is what matters and physical "symbols of wealth"(ie.a nice suit) are futile.
Far left parties here dress like shit,in all occasions(flannel shirts with a t-shirt, turtlenecks with jeans etc) while right wing parties always dress nicely and are always on point.

they disregard that the way someone dresses reflects themselves and had a psychological and unconscious impact on how others perceive you .
If you dress like shit chances are you don't give 2 shits about what others think OR...you are actually playing with that while being a pretentious cunt(culture shocking) just so people call you on it and you stand on a higher moral ground.
We see this in Art students a lot.I know I did.

It's one thing to overdress
It's another to jump a couple levels
A full suit with tie and jacket is overkill in a classroom
A sports coat with no tie and a dress shirt with 1 or 2 buttons down would have been appropriate
Why are you wearing a beater to class?

I graduated 9 months ago and people were literally sent home if they weren't in suits.

Tradtionally, belts aren't worn with suits. It's a military thing which made it's way into common dress.

you don't know what right is you hippy

There is a certain kind of American suiting that upsets me. It's not meant to be skinny jeans but the suit should accentuate a v shape or create the illusion of it if if you are (a bit)out of shape.

There's a couple of young guys who wear suits to my uni. If you are going to wear a suit to somewhere you usually where casual shit to you need to be playful- something moddish without being too over the top. Shows confidence and a bit of flair.

Wearing bland business suits in casual environments makes you look mormon/autisitic/Columbine.

Oh please let these have a comeback at some point...

>Why are you wearing a beater to class?
Why not? I was going to hit the gym afterwards

I get my suits overseas. Sounds silly but you can go to a decent second-world country (like Lebanon where three of mine came from) and get tailored hand crated suits for $100-200 US. Pick your fabric, guy measures you, and he makes it on location.

Also met a guy in Ethiopia who made custom accessories from camel leather. Really beautiful. Got a pair of gloves, a wallet, watch bands, also made me a custom 1920's/1930's leather suit vest with a built-in pocket holster for my .32 Colt

Apologies, phonepostong on bus.

>Stars and Bars
>doesn't dress his Sunday best for church

you are sitting in mein kampfy chair. you must get up and excuse yourself immediately. you also orders to report to poland and join the eastern front. the car is waiting out front. good luck.

Smart man. Any company youd recommend ? I've had a look in Australia and lots of places do made to measure in Asia which I'm wary of

Was that major specific or university wide?

It makes sense in very limited majors, but it wouldn't fly with the sciences sadly. Partially because the lab requirements, you need a white coat, goggles and safe shoes etc.

I would have enjoy being mandated to wear a suit though, it looks good, but you HAVE to have a reason. If you don't have to be wearing a suit and you're wearing a suit, there is something deeply wrong with you 100% of the time.

Like, seriously, 100%.

LL.B specific

>so met a guy in Ethiopia who made custom accessories from camel leather. Really beautiful. Got a pair of gloves, a wallet, watch bands, also made me a custom 1920's/1930's leather suit vest with a built-in pocket holster for my .32 Colt

The vest is leather? Did it come with a whip?

I have an equally interesting story. Once I was buying bread from a man in Brussels, he was six-foot-four and full of muscles. I can tell you about that later if you want.

what did he say about the kid in the suit?
This is important

>tfw I dress like a liberal hipster faggot in casual settings because I genuinely think that style of dress looks cool

not to turn into /fa/ggotry but this look is pretty nice and not as formal as wearing a suit

sure is the place to get it but not to be cheap about it.

>LL.B
Ok so it wasn't an American university, that makes more sense.

Where is this? Literally used to turn up for law lectures in paint covered clothes from work.

that teacher is probably a jaded she MILLENIAL. u pretty much have to be to have any sort position within academia

Did he speak your language?

>Why is everyone mad i wore my fur suit to my sisters wedding?
Could have a lot to do with established social norms. Anything that stands out is going to, surprise, stand out. Even if you hate the idea of social norms, ignoring that they are a thing and wondering why a person would be ostracized when faced with the average college pack animal is a dumb. Plus that shit looks ridiculous as fuck OP

>I laughed along like everyone else
gas yourself spineless faggot

>If you don't have to be wearing a suit and you're wearing a suit, there is something deeply wrong with you 100% of the time.

Thread reminds me of this old show.

$675 in designer clothes.

$14 on haircut

$0 on facial products.

Sort yourself out there Portugal.

>Why is it suddenly considered autistic to wear suits or dress shirts to college?

Because the ones wearing them are usually losers who get bullied.

I remember the suit kids in college.

It was always a little sad because you KNOW they wanted to look good/get laid.

Unfortunately that only works when you're already handsome and shit.

In college what REALLY gets you laid is being fit, clean cut, and nailing the summertime frat bro look.

LL Bean? Or you fell for that post-JD "academic" title chase?

No, he just smiled at me, and handed me a sandwich with vegemite.

I have no idea what you are saying.

I don't wanna travel to the River of Jordan to get a suit.

youtube.com/watch?v=RMh9hPGNGKE

Thought of HK but I don't plan on traveling there anytime soon. How can I get such an overseas suit?

They wear conservative clothes with a conservative cut. No pocket square, no tailoring, nothing creative going on with the shirt/tie combination.

I always felt sorry for these kids.