Twitter in Major Legal Trouble

Twitter has been censoring anyone who effectively communicates right-wing values. They have shadowbanned, locked accounts, and outright deleted accounts for little more than tagging a (((verified))) user with a pepe or with criticism of the libshit agenda. I personally know many people who have been silenced by twitter in these ways.

Here's where it gets interesting: there is a valid court case to be made against Twitter for their censorship. I'll post the pertinent links below. Please spread this around since nixing the censorship would be a major blow to shareblue and the rest of (((them))).

Censorship:

businessinsider.com/twitter-has-gone-from-bastion-of-free-speech-to-global-censor-2017-6
blog.dilbert.com/post/156806516721/the-social-media-hive-mind
washingtonexaminer.com/twitters-censorship-may-be-unconstitutional/article/2617261?custom_click=rss
breitbart.com/tech/2017/03/20/could-twitters-censorship-be-destroying-livelihoods/
freedomandfulfilment.com/twitter-censorship-free-speech/

Important Cases:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins
–Government can stop private businesses from censoring on their property if it is considered a PUBLIC FORUM

Twitter Headquarters 1355 Market St. Ste. 900 San Francisco, CA 94103
Twitter is a publicly traded company.
They are in Cali so the private property ruling from the Prunyard Shopping Center v. Robins case applies.

Packingham v. NC
supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/15-1194_08l1.pdf
–Social media websites are now considered PUBLIC FORUMS by the Supreme Court

Cases ALREADY being pursued:

freedomoutpost.com/facebook-twitter-sued-for-censorship-and-discrimination/
ibtimes.com/alt-right-suing-twitter-wesearchr-starts-crowdfunding-effort-sue-social-network-2481491
cnbc.com/2017/05/05/facebook-google-twitter-sued-san-bernardino-shooting.html
wired.com/2014/12/sony-twitter-legal-action/

Other urls found in this thread:

cyber.harvard.edu/ilaw/Speech/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reno_v._American_Civil_Liberties_Union
law.cornell.edu/supct/html/94-329.ZS.html
firstamendmentschools.org/freedoms/faq.aspx?id=13012
law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/designatedforum.htm
twitter.com/en/tos
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/330024983956946945/330038189949452288/TheTwitterUserAgreement-1.pdf
businessinsider
archive.is/iaepl
wired
archive.is/kfyqJ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins
supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/15-1194_08l1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Law Links:

cyber.harvard.edu/ilaw/Speech/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reno_v._American_Civil_Liberties_Union
law.cornell.edu/supct/html/94-329.ZS.html

Misc Links:

firstamendmentschools.org/freedoms/faq.aspx?id=13012
law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/designatedforum.htm
twitter.com/en/tos
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/330024983956946945/330038189949452288/TheTwitterUserAgreement-1.pdf

tl;dr: Twitter can be legally sued with a high probability of success in a class action lawsuit, and such cases are already being pursued. Please spread this around since nixing the censorship would be a major blow to shareblue and the rest of (((them))). Also Twiter fucking sucks so there's that.

Here's the archive

>businessinsider com/twitter-has-gone-from-bastion-of-free-speech-to-global-censor-2017-6
archive.is/iaepl
>wired com/2014/12/sony-twitter-legal-action
archive.is/kfyqJ

Never actually read the Packingham case before. Pretty interesting.

Bump
Hype

bump

ITS TIME
TO USE THE JEWS TO OUR ADVANTAGE

Not to mention shit like #PodestaEmails where Twitter tried over and over again to delete the hashtag while users just made new ones.

And Twitter moments covering nothing over any of the stupid shit like Kathy Griffin but instead documenting people who saw Clinton taking a walk.

Autists please help this is some serious shit and easy as fuck to prove in a court

Bump for importance

Even if it is a valid legal issue it's a stupid one. A private company like twitter should be able to censor or ban users at their discretion. Don't like it? Great, nobody's making you use twitter dummy.

Awoo poster makes a worthwhile thread.... for once I am impressed with you lot.

Shareblue detected

While the right was working to expand the US and make it the most powerful nation in the world, the left was establishing infrastructure to subvert and take it over. Time to dismantle the left's authoritarian tools.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins
>–Government can stop private businesses from censoring on their property if it is considered a PUBLIC FORUM
>Twitter Headquarters 1355 Market St. Ste. 900 San Francisco, CA 94103
>Twitter is a publicly traded company.
>They are in Cali so the private property ruling from the Prunyard Shopping Center v. Robins case applies.
>Packingham v. NC
>supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/15-1194_08l1.pdf
>–Social media websites are now considered PUBLIC FORUMS by the Supreme Court

Interesting. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, a privately owned website ought to be able to ban people it doesn't like. On the other hand, there are some monopoly issues going on here. It's hard to compete with companies that have such large userbases like Facebook and Twitter. I guess I'll have to support this just on the basis of supporting free speech. I think the law may be on our sides.

BUILD THE WALL, SUE THEM ALL

bump

godspeed you crazy sons of bitches

Once one of these silicon valley companies get hit, the rest will fall in line like the cucks they are

kinda hard to prove twitter censored you when they just shadowban you

OH SHI-

Fuck off he's absolutely right

Sup Forums. We should meme this and trend this, as much and as big as the CNN meme war now too. We can use both this Twitter censorship, and the CNN blackmail to decimate the liberals. This is some powerful fire we got going on here.

I agree, this could be yuge

>nobody's making you use twitter

For the exchange of political ideas, Facebook and Twitter have taken a completely monopolization over it. You have to use it.

They should have to inform you of it though. There is surely a case to be made against shadow banning people.

SLIDE THREAD, FOCUS ONLY ON CNN RIGHT NOW DON'T SPLIT YOUR MEMEAGE
>SLIDE THREAD, FOCUS ONLY ON CNN RIGHT NOW DON'T SPLIT YOUR MEMEAGE