The Maker Movement- a sign of de-civilization

Civilization happened when men chose to trade instead of steal- to specialize instead of being jacks-of-all-trades.
"Making" is a waste of time and effort, just do your fucking job.

Tinkering, or making, is a time honored tradition, and an excellent hobby. If Henry Ford had just done his job rather than built a motor carriage for kicks, Ford motor company would have never come into being.

Why do you keep posting these threads?
>Civilization happened when men chose to trade instead of steal- to specialize instead of being jacks-of-all-trades.
civilisation has happend several times. Usualy it progresses, suffers a setback, re-invents itself.

Induviduals and small groups have progressed us enormusly. The maker movment is just another sign of how much humans value creation.

Making shit custom can have it better fit your needs.
There will always be a place for Custom versions which have such narrow use cases there would never be commercial availability

You're right, OP. Instead of creating things with my own hands, becoming more self-sufficient, and getting my children interested in art and engineering with firsthand activities, I think I'll just buy cheap plastic shit at Walmart and then go home and sit on my ass in front of a TV screen. Because, y'know, that's what makes for strong civilizations.

>Why do you keep posting these threads?
Look at all the retards I get, with minimal effort.
Sup Forums is truly rural and suburban retards.
And Sup Forums will continue to respond after being denigrated...cucks.

Could leafs get any worse? sageesan

More importantly why hasnt Canada been annexed yet?

>creativity and craftsmanship is against civilization
>the thing that civilization was built upon
Go home you stupid fucking leaf

Civilisation happened with agriculture. Produced enough food that we had time to do things other than hunter gathering or subsistence farming.
The more efficient we get in our jobs the less time we have to spend merely surviving and the more civilised we become.

Stop disapproving of artisans.

This thread sucks, and you're going to get shut down every fucking time you post it. If everybody left everything "up to the experts" we'd all be sitting in huts made out of shit and straw.

>If everybody left everything "up to the experts" we'd all be sitting in huts made out of shit and straw.
False. If we all left everythign up to experts, then our GOP and SOL would be incredible.

>Civilisation happened with agriculture. Produced enough food that we had time to do things other than hunter gathering or subsistence farming.
>The more efficient we get in our jobs the less time we have to spend merely surviving and the more civilised we become.
Civilisation is literally nothing more than the habit of living in cities. Don't inflate it into some lord's blessing crap.
Muh civilization, to use your maudlin term, depends on importing energy into cities. When, not if, energy runs out, civilizations collapse. Running out of wood was one of many things that weakened the Romans before their collapse.
Dependence is for leaves.

Invention is mother of civilisation, for example native Canadians used leaves to wipe their arse after taking a big fat Indian shit

Wow this exact thread once again..

>I like wasting my time
I don't- therefore I specialize, and pay for everything else.

>realizing if you didnt make it, you dont own it
now you niggaz waking up

evolution is not about what you buy or trade. it is about what you yourself can make.

today billionaires riding ferraris are no different than rich apes riding ferraris

today, any ape who services enough clients with their anus is able to achieve material, political and social dominance

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

This. Also, fuck you OP.

Specialization is for those who can cooperate with others.
Jack-of-all-trades is for rural and suburban retards.