I don't get it this new controversy. What did CNN do wrong? As far as I know, this is what happened:

I don't get it this new controversy. What did CNN do wrong? As far as I know, this is what happened:

>some dipshit on r/t_d makes a meme about Trump punching a CNN reporter
>later apologizes because people thought it incited violence
>CNN says they might report on the story, exposing his real name

Is this illegal? If not, why are people so mad about it? I don't see how using somebody's real name to report on an event that happened is immoral or illegal. Besides, the only consequences that will come out of the whole thing is that the teenager will get a day or two of fame and CNN's ruined reputation will be even shittier. So I don't know what happened or how to feel about this. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z8HY3djbJ2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck CNN

youtube.com/watch?v=z8HY3djbJ2A

they have every right to report his name, but they chose not to. (this is fine)

they then said they reserve the right to publish it if he goes back on his word (this is coercion, illegal)

>fake news can't take a joke

Literally all there is to it.

Its not illegal and the the meme just showed trump beating the CNN logo. They got mad. Found the redditfags real name. And are basically saying if he does it again they are going to release his name for people to see. Thus putting him in s position to be tracked down and harassed by butthurt leftist cunts.

CNN doesn't understand Sup Forums but they see us as an enemy. They're trying to equate the wrestling video with Kathy Griffin and they're trying to make us scared of being doxxed. (Antifa too scared to operate because of doxxing). End goal is to try to trick us into asking for legal internet anonymity so antifa can cover up their online activity.

Everything was fine until they said somthing along the lines of "we'll dox him if he bullies us again."

Doxxing in and of itself is not illegal but it's unethical and can lead to illegal activity. If you think about it, CNN dozing this kid for shitposting would ruin his life completely.

It's a disproportionate response ... a CNN... a corporate global entity claiming it's being bullied by someone who is (allegedly) a minor is holding doxxing over someone to suppress their 1A rights. Coercing someone in that way is illegal

>tfw made a reddit account for the sole purpose of posting memes.
STOP THE PRESSES!

He made a meme with all their ugly faces on it next to the star of david with the CNN logo.
Let's instil some reasoning in your head, 6 goyrillion died over 70 years ago. Jews, Muslims, Christians, we should all be able to criticise them for being sensitive fags.
They've gone full Islam with the Jewophobia.

Sup Forumstards think free speech shouldn't have consequences

the little shit also posted "memes" disparaging g-d's chosen people

>Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority

They broke the first amendment which covers anonymous free speech.

CNN's parent company is buddy buddy with the owner of reddit. Using their connections, they got reddit mods to disclose his IP address. This is how they doxxed him.

Then they demanded a public apology for his "hateful words", and threatened to dox him if he didn't give one.

Remember, this guy has literally no connection to Trump except that Trump decided to use his meme. He's just some random guy. Yet they are tracking him down and trying to ruin his life. CNN is using intimidation to try to hush criticism against them

They're afraid boys. Look at all these retarded shill threads.

Hey CNN. Don't feed the trolls.

Doxxing is illegal, researching someone's PPI/SPI is not. Doxxing is the act of publication of this PPI, there is nothing wrong with finding this information and forwarding it authorities. The statement you made at the end of your post though is the most important part of this. Seeing random vigilantes performing minor doxxing is relatively benign but a major news network performing an action especially for such a minor action and letting it happen sets a dangerous precedence.

they should dox him for all i care, but CNN has to suffer the consequenses as well. and if there is anyone with some sense of justice out there in some prestige position he will take care of the kid after the dox. i at least would give him some position to work if i were in a poisition to do so. maybe i start a company whichs sole purpose is to burn CNN to the ground. will hire the redditshitposter gladly then

>CNN violated § 135.60 of the New York criminal code "coercion" (1), (5) and (9)
>CNN also federal felony violation of 18 U.S. Code § 241 in relation to the 1st Amendment

all he needs to do is create a new leddit account and stop posting personal info, then he can go back to shitposting cnn all day

You're missing a couple of steps where they put a front page story out on how they tracked him down. They also used the gif to claim that it was an exstisential threat of violence against reporters.

CNN also obtained the guy's private information from Reddit. It's not clear if that was done legally or not as well.

Even if he did that, which is something I'm not sure of, the story they ran was about the Donald trump gif.

There are both legal and illegal ways to research the information.

As far as I'm concerned, CNN might have done everything legally, but still just streisand effected themselves into this stupid mess. They're literally fighting with shitposters about gifs and memes.

HD

how the fuck do you even have that much personal information on your reddit account to get doxxed...

I don't see what the panic is here I think it's nu/pol/ shitting up the board thinking it's something when it's nothing

That's why they've made it a story.
They're using the gif as a cover then as soon as it gets hairy they're going to pull that shit out their arses.
See