Cnn.video

I'm a software engineer, but I don't know anything about web dev. I'd like to host a slideshow of CNN gifs, starting with the WWE one. Should I just go with wordpress? No idea where to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/wp-plugins/wowslider
wowslider.com/rq/add-gif-images-in-slider-html-9x.html
domainincite.com/docs/UnitedTLD_Acceptable_Use_Policy.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Bump

post something naughty, contact cnn advertisers
and get them to stop supporting them.

how can you be a software engineer and not know these things?
teenagers mildly interested in coding know how to set up a website and you don’t?

Tumblr?

>2017
>he doesn't own a .com domain
>he doesn't know how to get hosting space
jej

I'm in. Front end dev here.

Should be easy with jQuery.

Use WP.
Deploy wow slider.
github: github.com/wp-plugins/wowslider
Upload gifs then change the file extension
wowslider.com/rq/add-gif-images-in-slider-html-9x.html

I don't know either. Fill us in.

Email me and I'll set it up in like 30 mins. Should be easy
cnvjd at cock.li

Do you go to your family doctor for dental work? Would you ask a business lawyer to defend you in criminal court?

The mad man did it

Bumping with OC
Godspeed user

Hey OP, nice domain. I see it's registered through GoDaddy. You should know that GoDaddy will snatch that domain right from your greasy little fingers as soon as it does anything notable. If you want a registrar that will be a bit easier on you, transfer your domain to subreg.cz

You should also know your domain's TLD is owned by United TLD. Their AUP states:

>J. Transmitting, distributing, uploading, or posting any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization...

>O. Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a UTLDH official, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation

Source: domainincite.com/docs/UnitedTLD_Acceptable_Use_Policy.pdf

However TLD owners are typically (at least with more popular TLDs) slower to move on stuff like this, though it definitely depends on the owner. If you want to maximize your chances of keeping this domain out of CNN's hands, move your domain to a different registrar and make sure not to blatantly impersonate CNN.

Best of luck, here to answer any questions.

Then you simply aren't a 'Software Engineer' you coon.

You're a fucking faggit pajeet. Front End is not Software Engineer, KYS

Anyone check the website? I'd hate to become a part of a botnet or have CIA spy on me whilst I masturbate.

Why are you even given me your opinion? Are you a software engineer as well? Does everybody on Sup Forums think setting in front of a fucking PC makes them capable. Also nice assumption you silly fucking yank, but I'm as British as they come.

I know plenty of Software Engineers that are useless outside systems programming. But they can do magic with assembly and ANSI C.

This. Fuck you losers for diluting what was once a good profession.

make it like the guyz from nonfree.pizza

Holy fuck, thanks for that user, got a laugh out of me

Good information to know. Would having a bunch of gifs with the CNN logo violate this contract though? Or even a youtube video that has all the gifs?

I'm not trying to replicate CNN's website, I just want a simple gif/video looper for now.

This, pretty much. My main focus is HPC and linear algebra.