CATHOLIC GENERAL

CATHOLIC GENERAL

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Other urls found in this thread:

usccb.org/bible/readings/070517.cfm
newadvent.org/
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA
youtu.be/AnZ5er-BXw4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tFtFUX10oZw
livemass.org/LiveMass/home.html
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/"catholic general"/type/op/order/asc/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/"christian general"/type/op/order/asc/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/ecclesia/type/op/order/asc/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liturgy_of_the_Hours
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4667098/Vatican-police-break-gay-orgy-apartment.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_–_Roman_Catholic_theological_differences
nypost.com/2017/07/05/vatican-cops-bust-drug-fueled-gay-orgy-at-cardinals-apartment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> BEING A CHRISTKEK

TOPKEK

Today is Wednesday of the Thirteenth Week in Ordinary Time.

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/070517.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

I recently had my computer wiped and so lost my art and Christian pictures. Could anyone assist me and post some?

>shitposting already

At least you bumped the thread.

Hello and good luck with Catholic bread lad!
Remember that tolerance is very important in Christian faith.

HAHAHAH NICE SPOOK FAGGOT

In my country the number of protestants is falling rapidly, while the number of catholics stay relatively stable

Tolerance was a European virtue until the Enlightenment. You're msitaken.

At least you bumped the thread

bump

Isn't the Netherlands' Protestants largely Lutheran? It'd make sense.

Not sure, theyre all heretics.

There are so many different sects of protestantism, which ofcourse is one of their main problems

fuck off weeb

kys

Catholicism sucks, hail Luther

>weeb
Do you know what this word means?

Right. I know Lutherans generally are jumping aboard the gay marriage train, which is why I say that. They are just being more and more modernist and it destroys their base.

No in-fighting. This is why Muslims fags winning. We need to gather as Christians and throw out all the dirka dirkas.

>when a goddamn tripfag spams his shit thread everywhere
sage

bump

THIS IS A CHRISTIAN BOARD ATHEISTS AND CATHOLICKS GET OUT!!!!

Cath here.
Wtf is going on with prelates at the vatican; recent news that Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio's secretary Luigi Capozzi has been organising drug fueled gay orgies at the cardinal's residence usually reserved as a meeting place for high ranking officials in the church. Evil is working overtime lads we need a fucking culling of these degenerate scum

Hey Wolfshiem, long time no see.

Glad you are back or at least that I got your thread!

Are you new? This is common place for years now.

You trying to force your shitty general by spamming it everywhere isn't

>Are you new
Are you implying that catholic generals are a regular thing on Sup Forums in any shape or form (and I really mean generals, not one-off threads)?
I'm not saying having a catholic thread is bad, just stop spamming it everywhere you cancerous tripfag

Get the fuck out atheist and take you japanese pedophile cartoons with you.

Protestants and muslims are all heretics so i see no reason to distinguish the two

Ordinary ("Novus Ordo") Form of the Mass refers to Didache and ancient litrugies of the Eastern Churches, an therefore it is good accordingly to its substance. To bring the Church back to her former glory, we have to give up on its current abuses and turn to the divine worship once more.
youtu.be/AnZ5er-BXw4

come on lad, he we are friends here! His general is not like other shit that gets spammed and a lot of users have respect for him

I don't like people coming in a thread purely to advertise something and then leaving, sorry

Kek

Leave atheist.

These threads have been here for YEARS Reddit, long before you and yours came in here to turn the board and this entire site into your new shitting grounds. Now kindly slit your wrists and bleed out, you worthless waste of human potential. God, how I hate nu/pol/.

So after a lifetime of atheism, and after months of contemplation and doubt, i finally accepted Christ.

I decided that protestantism is a bit too "cucked" for my taste and that Catholicism seems like the way forward.

Now, since i live in a nihlist hellhole, and dont have access to a catholic church, where do i begin?

Ive decided to read the bible regularly of course. But what else is there?

What are the rituals?
What are the religious obligations?
Where do i begin?

I'm halfway through the bible and want to become catholic. Can someone explain to me how church works?
I'm kinda shy, completely clueless and don't know what exactly I'm supposed to do. Do I just walk into the church and sit down somewhere? Which events are the ones open to the public? Do I have to do something? What clothes are appropriate? etc.

Coming from the Dutch? Your country was sentenced to death, let's break those dikes and flood the kikes.

Catholic generals have been a thing forever m8, let them do their thing in peace. t. Non-Christian.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tFtFUX10oZw

Christendom

must

be

defended

user. If you dislike Trips just filter them or ignore them like the other 2000 threads a day.

The only thing cancerous in this thread is your comment.

livemass.org/LiveMass/home.html

There are barely any kikes left, but i would welcome a flood since the most degenerate region (randstad) is below sea level

Fuck off frenchman

I'm a Jew but if I was any other religion I'd want to be a Catholic, I love Cathedrals, Southern France has such gorgeous ones.

>He doesn't have the good filename

You go to church before mass, speak to a random churchgoer and tell him you want to become catholic and its your first time. 99% sure they will welcome you and walk you through it

The "drug fueled orgy" claim is an Italian rag akin to the National Enquirer. It's tabloids. Honestly, I don't believe it whatsoever.

As with the claims of pedophilia, there is no widespread corruption with prelates. It's just that it relates to a centralized and very important institution and so gets reported more.

Linking to other threads and Catholic Generals have been very regular things.
/his/ included humanities because anti-theists were upset that Christian and Catholic discussion was everywhere. The Sup Forums archive only goes until after the /his/ split but we still have:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/"catholic general"/type/op/order/asc/

And for Christian Generals

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/"christian general"/type/op/order/asc/

And /ecclesia/

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/ecclesia/type/op/order/asc/

These are oldest first. Note in the Catholic General posts that there is reference tomany earlier generals prior to 2015.

Going through RCIA (Rite of Catholic Initiation for Adults) is the formal route into Catholicism. It is an Intro to Catholicism class that is once a week and ends at Easter with your baptism.

If you want material for understanding the Christian worldview or just Christian media you can check the OP links here I mean no offense in saying this but you seem very new to how the faith works so I wouldn't recommend starting with the Bible. The Bible is a collection of books of various narratives, genres, and references that many don't get without commentary. Further, the narratives would distract people who are just trying to get basics. The Catholic Church has a compilation of their core teachings written in what is called Catholic Catechism. That would be a proper introduction to what Catholicism is.

RCIA will fill you in on religious obligations.

>not having the correct filename

>spongebob image users

Convert before it's too late my friend. We only live once.

I don't care about the actual thread itself, just people spamming it in other threads.

I stand corrected. Genuinely didn't remember any regular catholic generals, guess I just never noticed them. Sorry for being a faggot.

>Can someone explain to me how church works?

The service, mass?

You sit anywhere you want, no one will judge you. You can ask anyone what to do during mass and they will likely work through it with you.It's got a set structure with the audience interacting with the one at the altar as well and is meant to be a model of right worship to conform to.

The general structure is:

>contemplating and repenting of sins
>reading of 2-3 different texts
>speech based on texts
>Communion

With song, prayer, and phrases mixed in as well.

Non-Catholics are not to take part in Communion until they are Catholic but you can come with your arms folded for a blessing or remain seated.

>I'm a Jew

You can always change that. Focus on what is true though.

we belong to the Church of Maghreboi

kh*mmies btfo

Welcome. I am a recent convert too.

Reserve a time of daily prayer to speak with the Father. Focus in the two commandments in your daily life. That's what I do.

Well this suddenly came to a complete halt.
With the Reddit anti-theists and Pagan idiots flooding the board things certainly have gotten worse for discourse.

>Non-Catholics are not to take part in Communion until they are Catholic
So I don't do anything and stay on my place at mass?

I was baptized in the eastern orthodox church. Do you know if the catholic church recognizes it? Or do I need to go through the same process as a non-baptized person to become Catholic?

Catholics aren't Christian

>So I don't do anything and stay on my place at mass?

You could stay seated or you could come up arms folded and receive a blessing. And yes, the church does recognize the baptism of Eastern Orthodox, you're good m8.

>Where do i begin?

Praying. Contemplation and praying. These are the two main activities in the day to day life of a Catholic. If you are asking which kind of prayers you can follow then there is something that is called "liturgia horarum". Check it out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liturgy_of_the_Hours

What is the difference between catholicism and orthodoxy?

>And yes, the church does recognize the baptism of Eastern Orthodox, you're good m8.
/comfy/

Get a Job, Wolfsheim

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4667098/Vatican-police-break-gay-orgy-apartment.html
>Vatican police 'break up gay orgy at home of secretary of one of Pope Francis's key advisers'

one of MANY (Orthodox position)
ONE of many (Catholic position)

Confess

Fuck the catholic church

Do they have any better source than some pasta nigger paper?
That said, inquisition when?

*tip*

Hey Wolfshiem. Did you read any Plotin?

Google translate of real difference:

For the Catholic Church, it is the bishop of Rome (pope), whose primacy, according to the teachings of this church, is of divine origin. For the Orthodox, this interpretation of the primacy is unacceptable. They are ready to return to the understanding of the Roman primacy that existed in the first millennium. At that time, the Eastern Church interpreted this primacy as such, about which the churches agreed among themselves, so that it would be easier for them to coordinate their activities, but not as a divine institution

fuck you too

There is a wide list of small theological differences. Orthodoxy is a bit decentralized as well.

The core difference that splits them is the idea of the position of the Seat of St. Peter in Rome. They both believe in the primacy of St. Peter and his successors but consider him the "first among equals" (a position of honor) rather than a universal position. This is why Orthodoxy focuses on saying the Bishop of Rome was being power hungry while the pope maintains this was how it always was and it just wasn't explicitly written out for some time.

Smaller details would be things like the different understanding of Hell (the Catholic idea is an exclusion from God while the Orthodox idea is that God is always there and so Hell is someone who rejects God having to be with God 24/7, which Catholic would reject) and things like the different metaphysical understanding of God with the Essence-Energies Distinction rather than the Catholic metaphysical idea of Divine Simplicity. To Catholics, the distinction Orthodoxy makes it both heretical and wrong and illogical.

There is a massive list of differences. Try this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_–_Roman_Catholic_theological_differences

I would say the immediate difference you'd notice between Catholicism and Orthodoxy is the different ways of thought. Catholicism is more scholastic with some mystics while Orthodoxy is more mystics with some scholastics.

They are generally considered Bro-Tier, I think, because they share the common early church origin with Catholicism and are fairly similar. It's nothing terribly jarring and while the differences are important they don't come up as much as with others.

I do. That's why we don't have daily generals anymore.

Any sources that aren't getting all their claims from an Italian tabloid?

I really need to practice our faith better in my life. It's funny, the craziness and hyper anti-christianity of modern society has really driven back to the church. Guess in that regard I'm grateful lol.

And one more difference:

During the all-Russian representative survey 69% of Orthodox Russians answered that the Holy Spirit, in their opinion, proceeds not only from the Father, but also from the Son. This view corresponds to the Catholic, and not Orthodox, tradition.

When the rods of fire come from the west and annihilate the Whore of Babylon, there is a place of refuge in Arizona, in the Hopi reservation. Heed my message, for Mary, is waiting for her children there, her remnant church.

Bump

I'd rather fight with my muslim brothers as a christian than attending the catholic church

nypost.com/2017/07/05/vatican-cops-bust-drug-fueled-gay-orgy-at-cardinals-apartment/
>Vatican cops bust drug-fueled gay orgy at home of cardinal’s aide

Do you know if there's a big difference between American and European Lutherans?

I mean, European Lutherans are pretty much Catholics without the pope these days. The rejection of Sola Scriptura for example.

If confirmed, he needs to be hanged, not simply retired.

>We are a people of different religions, but we are one. Which faith conquers the other is not the question; rather, the question is whether Christianity stands or falls... We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity … in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people.

Got the jew.

>I'd rather fight with my muslim brothers as a christian than attending the catholic church
>as a christian

>"Someone, give me a reaction. Blease"

>The rejection of Sola Scriptura for example.

They do not reject sola scriptura.

God bless Hezbollah and LFA

>the last sentence is literally made up by jews

Catholics aren't Christian

Have you helped anyone come to the church IRL?

How go I get involved? I've never been religious but want to surround myself with positive people. I've been abusing drugs and the people around me for the past few years and am just now getting sober and realizing that I can't stand most of my friends

Indeed, that why we have orthodoxy.

Protestants arent christian

>Plotin

Plotinus? Somewhat, but he's difficult to get through. Why?

>Hitler had a corporatist society
>Class collaboration, the basis for Corporatism, is defended by the church as early as St. Paul the Apostle
>earliest models are all Christian and devised by the Catholic Church
>the Catholic Church itself commissed the defining of the system itself

lol

That, again, gets all it's claims from the same Italian tabloid Il Fatto Quotidiano.

That I do not, I'm sorry.
They do not reject Sola Scriptura at all though.

>Muslim brothers
>would fight with them
>rather than attend a service of a Christian denomination

This is good bait.

I've spoken to people in depth about theology in real life but not taken them to the church service with me.