Starship Troopers and Fascism

Thread Theme:
>youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

I'm curious: What is Starship Troopers' relationship with fascism? I've never seen the movie, and I've never read the book - but Sup Forums seems to hold Starship Troopers in high esteem.

From my brief research, Starship Troopers seems:
>Militaristic
>Faustian

Help an user out here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I've never seen the movie, and I've never read the book
Maybe you should just do this, retard.

Don't come back until you've read the book.

It's a parody of fascist propaganda lol

I don't have time to read the book.

I just need a quick run down.

This thread is actually on topic. The book and the movie are wildly different.

read the book. the movie was a purposeful mockery of the book. the producer wanted to make it fascist and nazi like.
the book is nearly a 180 of the prominent theme of the movie. the book is more endorsing civic duty and nationalism. men and women are 100% equal, only the human race matters. those willing to lay down their life for their race is only ones deserving to have a say in government and policy making.

The Book is a straight love letter to militarism, the movie is a parody of the book, though a poorly done one so the average person doesn't normally pick up on it

and when i say race, i mean humanity. not white vs black.

/thread

as earth is united under one flag and the main character is brazilian.

So what you're saying is... you would like to know more?

It's a short book... around 263 pages. Quit being a lazy faggot.

Read the book, dummy. Space fascists with mech suits like Fallout. Completely different from the movie.

Its kind of like america in early ww2 times

>endorsing civic duty and nationalism. men and women are 100% equal, only the human race matters. those willing to lay down their life for their race is only ones deserving to have a say in government and policy making.

So like communsim? Right on comrade

It made me want to be a citizen, not just a civilian.

>It's a parody of fascist propaganda lol

No it's a parody on the USA

how is cheap ass kevlar vest and rifles that don't even have caseless ammo remotely futuristic in the fucking 2290's?

He's from Buenos Aires, Argentina retard and his family is Filipino.

God damn you must be retarded to fuck that up.

The new star trek series is going to suck. SJW Trek.

Ask the cuck director who decided to fuck up the entire story

Watch it, Enzo. You guys invented fascism and then we had to rescue you from yourselves.

Caseless ammo is a meme

The book is a really boring and stuffy fascist wankfest with a poor structure.

The movie is a satire piece that makes fun of fascism because the director thought the book was dull as shit.

(he was right)

Perhaps Harry Potter is more your speed m8

Star Trek has always been progressive garbage senpai pam

The director never even read the book.

I know you're american but read the book.

The book is about a utopian society after a multitude of disasters where humanity can no longer afford to support those who will not help humanity.
You have two classes of people, the only difference between the two is one class can vote and the other can not.
To become the voting class you must do one of the following.
>join the military
>become a test subject for any test worth value to humanities progress
>intense physical labor or unusual job that is not considered likable
>any government position (since the added stress does not equate to more pay, just voting rights)
>anything that would be considered heroic or prove your value to humanity (such as saving humans from a house fire when you had no obligation)
Since some service to humanity is needed to vote, the voting class tends to hold more value on the voting class of course. There really is no excuse as the richest of the rich's children can not become a voting member without service and the poorest of the poor can become a voting citizen with service.
Things such as universal care and funding exist for said voting class.
Book follows the exploits of a mobile infantry squadron using special suits that are pressure sensing to move. Xenophobia is expressed via the bug menace which is a analogy for the dirty foreigners who want to destroy the now perfect society (race, sex, etc are no longer a factor in humanity, it's all about who serves humanity and who doesn't).
Rico explains multiple philosophies as he tells his life story, from being a grunt, to eventual graduation as an officer.

We've had multiple discussions about this before on Sup Forums, Starship Trooper world is pretty much the only way humanity will survive in the future. It's what communism wishes it was.

>Can't read a book
>But he can shitpost on Sup Forums

you suck, kys

Book is half action, half critique on the social contract between a people and its government from a perspective not usually explored. Movie was meant to be satire, but the satire is made light-hearted and funny as shit so all that's left is a great sci-fi flick with goat effects.

2 classes of people

> civilian

Someone who is viewed as part of the society, but not overall important to it enough to be given certain rights. They do not contribute to the health or success of the society as a whole so they don't get a say in what that society does or how it functions. They also are not granted social benefits such as college tuition or any form of government assistance.

> citizen

Citizens are or have served in the direct interests of the bodied politic, and therefore have the right to vote as well as social benefits. This doesn't necessarily mean military although it's the most glorified aspect.

>What is Starship Troopers' relationship with fascism?
Nothing really unless you are a neo-liberal who defines everything as fascism. The government Heinlein defines is essentially a conventional liberal democracy with the only caveat being that you must serve the state in order to gain citizenship.

What's the first letter of your first name OP?

Fascism is the default state of societies facing an existential crisis.

We didn't rescue anybody you fucking retard.

Then why did we go over? Profit?

the book and film are separate entities. Read the book then watch band of brothers

>Would you like to know more?
youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M

Fascism is a meaningless buzzword.
Starship Troopers aren't about '''''''''''''''fascism'''''''''''''. It's about the government creating a false flag to have an excuse to invade another planet. It's about the people who actually believe in the propaganda without question.
Starship Troopers is basically 9/11 and Iraq war. It's about the Bush era even though the book and the movie came before Bush.
To say Starship Troopers is about fascism is like saying George Bush was a fascist and if Bush was a fascist then so is Obama. If Obama is a fascist, why are we even using this buzzword?

>watch band of brothers
Watched that show for the first time recently. Disappointing turbojew BS.

We literally shutdown the most based societies on the planet in favor of commies and kikes, the dystopia we live in today is the result of world war 2, if you can't see that you're either a boomer or just deluded.

I'M DOING MY PART

Sup Forums is 18+

Just watch the movie, it is really good satire and social commentary on a society ruled by a fascist regime. If you liked the movie, then also read the book.

Stop using retarded buzzwords

Most Redpilled scene in a movie. One of my all time favorites and turned me into a Fascist. To advance in the society you must have merit and to be able to take part in government you must serve. Brilliant.

It is civic nationalism, race don't mean shit, red necks and niggers are left behind. Sex don't mean shit, only the best succeed and breed. The State is a spiritual force that binds all people and it's destiny is to colonize the stars. Fucking sign me the fuck up.

It's literally pure Fascism as a government.

The movie was made by the robo cop director.
It's book first and foremost. One that went as far to even inspire the US fucking military to have specialized roles for it's soldiers as well you goddamn basic cunts. It's a profound book held in high regards by many.

...and it should be 60 and below too. We didn't liberate shit, the US has been a global cancer since the civil war and WW2 is what established us as the enforcer of the kike hegemony.

>I don't have time to read the book.
>while shitposting on Sup Forums

how civillian of you

>What is Starship Troopers' relationship with fascism?

None, it's a meritocracy but any society w/o free "gibme" all around is immediately labeled as "fascit" by wannabe commies.

The movie actually has fairly little to do with fascism as an ideology beyond saying it's "bad" in a fairly vague sense, and more to do with propaganda and indoctrination. That's why there's such a focus on recruiting kids (remember, it starts in a high school), agitprop videos, and the media.

That's what Fascism is brother lol. The author Robert A. Heinlein was a Fascist envisioning his perfect State. The movie is more of a parody, little to do with the actual book.

Right To Protect, motherfucker.
Kikes don't care about anything but money. Hegemony is not possible.

Pax Americana has been the most peaceful time in human history.

Starship Troopers: starring one of my favorite white women of all time... Denise fucking Richards HHNNGNNGGNGNGGGG

>None
Are you retarded?

The own the world, UN, EU, everything is all the jewish world order, and the US is the enforcer behind it all. Tell iraq, nazi germany, rhodesia, or libya that there is no NWO.

>Robert A. Heinlein was a Fascist envisioning his perfect State

More complicated than that
Heinlein was not a fascist, he was a right wing libertarian.

He created series of books discussing political systems
Starship Troopers is Militarism and unitarism
Stranger in a Strange Land is about commune, fee love and religions
and finally The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress is about libetarianism, and holy fuck this one is an acid trip.

Whoa. Verhoeven has made some good flicks.

I haven't read the book, but in the movie one of the characters states that you have to be a citizen to have kids? is this different in the book?

Moon is a Harsh Mistress is basically Hans Herman Hoppe's ideology and made me get into that whole scene lol. But I always thought Heinlein was a fascist, not a supporter of any Fascist party or anything but ideologically. Any reference you can point me to that proves me wrong? Would appreciate.

One of the tenants put forth in the book is that things that are earned are the only things that have value and that you have ownership of the things you earn. The failure of communism is also mentioned in the book.

GREAT FLICKS.

really need to check out Stranger in a Strange Land, I'll undoubtedly enjoy it. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is no doubt among my top 5 favorite books, very dear to my heart.

Job: A Comedy of Justice was pretty interesting and enjoyable, I thought.

>Any reference you can point me to that proves me wrong? Would appreciate.

You could just google "Robert A. Heinlein political views"

But according to his biographer: "Heinlein's politics were unwaveringly "radical liberal" and "democratic,""
His left wing political views got him blacklisted from the navy at one point for example

Many people believe him to be fascist because he said: "By 1961 Heinlein concluded that even though it was a "fascist organization," the John Birch Society was preferable to liberals and moderate conservatives."

But that just implies that fascism is preferable to his time lieralism and conservatism

I remember watching this when I was like 6 years old, scared the shit outta me.

The book is a thoughtful science fiction novel that depicts a society built on meritocracy and service - men and women earn the right to participate in the political process through military or civil service. The book itself is essentially a military coming-of-age kind of story with the main character, Rico, learning the importance and value of his service and what it takes to be a member of his society. It's widely regarded as one of the best sci-fi novels ever written, top 20 or 30 for sure.

The movie is a hilarious action parody which misses 99% of the points of the book, but is nevertheless entertaining as fuck, with some special effects that have aged remarkably well, and enough guns and gore to satisfy any action fan.

They're both great for completely different reasons.

No, Ricos father is not a citizen.

>childhood was sympathysing with ma and pa Rico
>adulthood is knowing Rasczak was right all along

Something given has no value. It must be earned.

It was a book written to mock fascism. Also the film. But since is cool as fuck it gives them (((shivers))).

Also it's a civic nationalism or imperialism thing.

They probably practice some form of responsible population control. The character implies that citizens get preferential placement on the child birthing list.

Basically citizens get to have kids before non citizens do.

pretty sure that was just the movie.

I'm doing my part

And no one has even brought up the cartoon yet. Closer to Heinlein's book.