Why did people stop caring about aesthetics and culture in the 1960s?

Why did people stop caring about aesthetics and culture in the 1960s?

communism

Better question: Why did they care before?

What something else ruined by baby boomers?

Vatican II.

Pic unrelated

It was a time of great turmoil and upheaval, and almost global thermonuclear war.

Because it strengthens social bonds and allows the nation to protect itself from invaders better.

Because post WW soc. Dem. Liberto-Degeneracy started to kick in.

So thats where aot took inspiration from

I feel sorry that you'll never be able to grasp the concept of beauty as a German. At least you can participate in furry conventions and shit eating.

greed along with the decison to begin to crush the human spirit with brutualist industrialist design. empty, hollow, void of spirit, that's what they're after in order to turn people in depressed sheep. if you grow up in living in a place that looks like shit you will have that rub off on you.

the 80s had the best aesthetic though.

Dig deeper and stumble upon politics. Soc. Change always happens with political agenda beneath.

Post-modernism.

Because they were all fired for being antisemitic.

Very much an overly generalized claim that is kind of wrong.
The reason for modern architecture is that artists want to create something new and unique. Arches and pillars look good but it's all figured out so they do weird ass shit that ends up looking stupid because of the challenge and novelty.

Jews.

Wegebro gets it.

I choose my own social bonds and I pay taxes for the military to protect my nation from invaders.

Beauty transcends aesthetics and culture.

It's just symbolic of a greater case of the social, cultural and moral decline of our cultures. Modernist architecture, race mixing, acceptance of mass immigration, runaway corporate capitalism and self hatred of ones own race and civilisation is what happens to a civilisation when it's reached the end of its lifetime. Modernist architecture began in the 60s because that was when our civilisations started to begin their decline.

Jews, bankers and globalist elites have also been pushing for modernist architecture (as well as all the other degenerate shit that's plaguing western society) as a way to erode our cultures and identities, making it much easier to exploit and control us.

^

Vatican (fuck tradition lmao) II

It's anti-multiculturalism. Now everything looks the same!

Because it makes life less horribly fucking miserable and dry.

This is the fault of the materialists, not just Commies or Capitalists, but the fault of all those who do not believe there is anything beyond the material world, who think any allusion to transcendent beauty is "facetious" or a waste of time when there are more "pragmatic" alternatives. They're the kind of people who are disgusted by beauty, either seeing it as a waste of resources or an outright offense to their "sophisticated" sensibilities, as they do not believe beauty (or anything, for that matter) is of objective value, for that would necessitate the notion of transcendental value. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is materialist dogma, there is nobody who could visit the Vatican and not be stunned by its beauty, or at least have some appreciation for it, unless they have utterly cut themselves off from the notion of transcendence, or are in other words pure materialists.

Materialism is what caused people to stop caring about aesthetics and culture, it is what caused almost every horrible thing that happened during the 20th century for that matter. You will find beauty anywhere materialists are absent from, but anywhere they can be found, beauty is shunned and mocked and condemned.

Because it's orders of magnitude cheaper to build this instead, and it does the same job, only better.

Spot on, leaf. Nihilism and hedonistic materialism are the greatest cancers upon the white civilisations

we should have kept the art deco style

Cultural Marxism.

Materialism deosn't attack aesthetics and culture in the slightes.

>I pay taxes for the military to protect my nation from invaders.
lol, and how did that stop your rulers from inviting the invaders in personally?

Maybe if you had actual social bonds, instead of actively despising the idea of them, you wouldnt have your despotic leaders treating your citizenry like trash.

Thank the nazis

>I pay taxes for the military to protect my nation from invaders.

Please tell me you are just trolling le ebil nazis on Trump Internet and don't actually think this way?

People stopped building for the next generation.

Agreed

>Got to Wichita
>Most boring american city ever
>Go to the movies as there nothing else to do
>Movieplex is a modern Art-deco inspired building internal and external
>Best part of Wichita

It absolutely does, materialism suggests that objective value, be it moral or aesthetic or what have you, is something which is not rooted in observable material phenomenon, and so it is unfounded and irrelevant. "Everything can be beautiful" is just a disingenuous way of saying "Beauty does not exist", when you allow for beauty to be something subjectively defined on an individual level you also inescapably deny the existence of any transcendental, immaterial notion of universal beauty.

But to any honest living person, there are things which are definitely objectively beautiful and also things which are definitely objectively ugly, but because there is no real observable ("scientific" if you want) material proof of transcendental, universal beauty then it must be denied, if you are a materialist.

Slow decline in IQ

>stop carring about aesthetics
mmmhh think again sweetums....

The Fabian Society, the Tavistock Institue, and the Aquarian Conspiracy. The counter culture of the 60s was manufactured to create the conditions for the culturally vapid society we have today. look for the Fabian wolf in sheep's clothing

Damn Daniel that was to the point

>and so it is unfounded and irrelevant

I don't see how you got to that conclusion.

>the existence of any transcendental, immaterial notion of universal beauty

What the fuck should that even be?

>But to any honest living person, there are things which are definitely objectively beautiful and also things which are definitely objectively ugly

Such as?

Which invaders?

Where am I wrong?

the refugjihadists you sour kraut

Post modernism (neo-marxism) wanted to tear down all "value systems", as they view value as a form of systemic oppression. Degenerates felt envy for more merited-people and their creations.

cia culture war, promoting cultural marxism all over the west

that's why you lost the culture war

CAMPANILE DI GIOTTO IS A SEXY ASS TOWER

ROME IS FOR PLEBS, FLORENCE HAS THE TOPPEST ARCHITECTURE IN ITALY

RENAISSANCE BITCHES THE SINGLE CITY THAT LITERALLY DRAGGED ALL OF YUROP OUT OF THE DARK AGES

big noses + big lips