Is universal basic income feasible?

Is universal basic income feasible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hDOIFtX8k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Getting paid to sit at home and masturbate to chinese cartoons
So this is how the human race met its end?

No

no

can your mother possibly handle anymore dicks at once?

not only feasible but will be necessary
Sup Forums is just jellz that everyone else will be getting NEETbux like they are currently

No. Will cause instantaneous inflation in housing. Half the price of your home or apartment is so niggers can't live next to it.

>Is universal basic income feasible?
No.

Only if we finally institute Real Communism.

Instead of money just give us 60 smokes a week, 5 gallons of vodka, some saccharine tabs, and bread

Is being a retarded communist Jew slave feasible?

Such a rickyfag

yes

Feasible? Probably not, especially given our entire economy's dependence on debt, which requires constant growth to sustain itself. Also, something we've learned from university tuitions is that if everyone can afford something because the government will foot the bill no matter what, the price will balloon. You might think that the solution to this would be price controls, but where that has been practiced, it has ended up in shortages.

Regardless, if automation is our future, it may nonetheless be necessary. We're all probably screwed, but I'm gonna find a way to have kids anyway. It'll be tough, but we can't let society collapse.

Has Ontario implemented yet or is that scheduled for some time in the future?

it's tested on 2000 or so people at about 17k CAD a year. I think the test will last 3 years or so.

>feasible
Define "feasible". Because I won't stand idly by while the government takes my money and gives it to stupid retards for simply existing.

No, it will eventually be used as a tool to enslave people.

>oh what's that you questioned one of your unelected officials? That'll be a 25% UBI reduction for the next 2 years. Dont bother trying to get a job, you have no skills as it is, you're stuck with us for life.

Trial runs are starting soon. My city is literally the test bed for UBI... And also the former murder capital of Canada; a strange coincidence.

Physically, yes.
Politically, no.

I kind of doubt 2000 people is a realistic test of the potential economic impact.

>tfw remember when I got out of school I worked it out if I could make $22k/yr I'd be at comfortable, modest subsistence
>not anymore!

No.

No because it encourages non-whites to flood into white countries for muh free shit

Is it full of unemployed niggers?

Maybe someday, but there are always better solutions to the unemployment problem.

It would work in a white homogeneous society without degeneracy aka this would only work in 1930s Germany and no country in the modern day

If we can consolidate all the dole (food stamps, medicaid, housing subsidies, disability, etc) into one cash payment, that's a good thing.

1) It empowers people to make their own decisions. With a cash grant, the government doesn't paternalistically saying "you need this amount of food and this amount of medical care and this amount of housing"

2) It makes arguing for cuts in entitlements a bit more bloodless. None of this "you're going to hurt all these people by taking away their critical X" everytime we try to reign in costs.

Pic related: no amount of "welform reform" has succeeded in containing actual payments to the poor.

Does it matter?

>feasible
>while the west is flooded by millions of retards

Not really.

I don't support UBI, but the landscape is going to be very uncertain when half of the jobs are automated. The jobs Trump supporters have now will overall be the first to go.
What do?

Who will pay for it?

No, but mainly because humans require being productive as an axiomatic proof of self worth enabling them to be emotionally secure in their place in society, or in the case of the narcissistic bent to limit their cancerous presence on society

(You)

>Is universal basic income feasible?

no,

public dividend for corporate use of the commons is feasible

Conscript anyone who doesn't have a job.

Yes, but only in a corporate state where every citizen owns stock in the company

Not with the current oublic debt of the first world no.

Would take a full reset before we could even hypothetically consider it as an option.

>Who will pay for it?

telecom companies, they have to pay fair use for the airwaves their profitable communications signals travel on, last I checked those airwaves belong to America

Students, foreigners, natives, and old people. Would probably be the murder capital of Canada if they actually investigated suspicious deaths rather than labeling them accidents.

No, it's absolutely retarded.

it is the only way to ensure the survival of a meritocracy. as our economy becomes more and more efficient, there simply won't be enough jobs which pay enough to survive on. ensuring the continued ability of all classes to consume also ensures the continued stability of our system

>Would take a full reset

well there are two ways of doing that, we have a war with somebody

or we hang bankers in the streets declaring their interest illegal and void

you know which one /pol prefers

That's where the day or the rope meme comes from :D

It's part of my plan for how to fix the world! :DDD

Whats more reasonable is a removal of all welfare besides universal health care and replacing it with a negative income tax. A negative income tax differs from UBI by making it so that the more money you earn the less UBI income you would get. It is structured in a way so that for every dollar more you earn you only lose at most 35 cents of UBI. The numbers simply don't work with a UBI, but they do with a negative income tax.

It is definitely feasible, but it will require higher taxes, and shutting down free trade so countries without BI don't undercut us at every turn. The (((global finance system))) will never let that happen though, so I doubt it will ever happen.

yes, if all jobs require the same amount of work. if being a doctor is the same as being a janitor then yes i will work easily, but one is clearly harder than the other, so it will never work.

>No, it's absolutely retarded.

I will extrapolate why, no value comes from government, yet the language of this would assert that somehow government creates value, and useless citizens should beg government to pay them for doing jack squat, because government is such a kind benevolent creator of excess capital they can afford to maneuver around asset reallocation using the worst language possible

GOVERNMENT PRODUCES NOTHING AND IS THEREFORE UNABLE TO PAY ANYBODY ANYTHING

MEANWHILE CORPORATION TRANSFORM THE COMMONS INTO MASSIVE PROFITS STEALING VALUE FROM THE CITIZENRY WITH NO JUST RECOMPENSE WHICH IS HORRIBLE NOT ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE STEALING BUT ALSO BECAUSE THIS WRECKS OUR ECONOMY BY PLACING AN ARTIFICIAL RESTRAINT ON DEMAND

This is why I hate democracy. The politicians - that don't give a fuck about the future - offer you dumb shits free stuff and you vote for them. Then it all collapses because you failed to remember that 2 + 2 = 4.

>USA population 320million

assuming we give each American what, 15,000? That's a salary based off a $7 min wage.

$15,000 x 320,000,000 people = my math might be off but what's that? 5trillion? This plan would bankrupt your nation when implement in a single year. Can any advocates explain to me how this works? Every single time I see it in the news I see people advocating for it, I see threads here but can someone just do they math and show me how it works? I'm no mathematician but from what I can tell a basic 15k income will ruin America and this is supposed to be an ongoing forever thing? What happens when you raise tax rates insanely to pay for this? The nation just slides further and further into debt?

If someone could please explain I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'm going to write this plan off as another commie shit

>ensuring the continued ability of all classes to consume also ensures the continued stability of our system

I agree with you, but placing language that suggests government creates value should be avoided entirely, instead frame the conversation around dividends paid for use of the commons, like what Alaska does,

Alaska is a republican place last I checked

it's more of an economic question than a moral one

>MEANWHILE CORPORATION TRANSFORM THE COMMONS INTO MASSIVE PROFITS STEALING VALUE FROM THE CITIZENRY
UBI is funded by taking that money by force dummy

kinda like how women working and tax breaks for married couples forces me to make 70k/year just to live independently

Yes, the same way welfare is feasible. Libercucks think the market solves everything, but we don't live in a free market anymore, and there's no reason why money (which is printed and printed and printed everyday) should only be left to the complete dregs of society. Republitards are denying whites the same things coloreds are getting

This could be fixed by making elected officials term 12 years. They would need to think about the long term impacts of their policy choices then.

It's even worse than that in the US. Thanks to the Federal Reserve system, none of the income tax goes to pay for anything anyway -- just to service the interest on the debt. So it actually wouldn't matter in the least if you raised the income tax to 100% or took it down to 0%. The entire UBI system would merely get piled on to the national debt no matter what.

It's so far beyond already bankrupt that not even UBI would make it more bankrupt.

People just don't understand how totally and completely fucked the US, and, by extension, the world is short of effectively a global reset.

The FED does a good job of balancing the money supply

>assuming we give each American what, 15,000? That's a salary based off a $7 min wage.

no, the amount given will be based on the land value and value of transactions that occurred in that state

so if your city buys millions worth of entertainment products a fair commission for those products will be funneled into your local economy, if your state produces some other commodity by means of the commons a dividend of that transaction will be distributed to the public, I believe in Alaska you have to live there year round to qualify to receive the dividend, typically payout is between 1-2K per year, but this is only for use of natural resources, if we incentivize all use of the commons there will be a lot more to go around,

All people who can't or won't work should be paid a flat rate.
>costs less than the current welfare state that spends more money on administration than benefits
However people who want and choose to work should not get basic income
>this would cause massive inflation as goods and services would simply take a massive hike in order to take advantage of the fact everyone was now X amount richer.

The current bullshit with universal income is that workers should be paid it too..I even discussed this with one of the leading proponents of universal income and pointed out this major flaw due to price gouging and inflation across the board..especially hitting thinkpgs such as rental and property prices. Thus making the poor even poorer. He chose not to respond to this point.

>most people will still choose to work because they will be paid more than a "basic income". Plus when given a choice to opt out it will remove the stigma currently attached to welfare.
Automation is escalating at an exponential rate anyway so something needs to be done in terms of reforming and modernising the welfare state.

fuck universal basic income, it implies citizens are slaves and should never be allowed to stand, if they call it that I would prefer to starve than accept it

>The FED does a good job of balancing the money supply

those fucking criminals can't even do a good job of standing and speaking

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hDOIFtX8k

I've got an even simpler solution, we just conscript everyone who is mentally healthy and doesn't have a job. That way they still have to work and contribute to society regardless of whether they want to or not, and it still solves the unemployment problem.

Mass immigration is a separate issue though.

Okay, economically you can fuck off and I won't stand idly by while the government takes my money and give it to you for simply being a useless retard.

>interest illegal
good job dipshit now you're savings wont grow.

And what war will they fight genius?

Your savings already don't grow. Inflation is greater than inflation. If you save money today you're automatically losing it.

This, and it doesn't have to be this way

yes its feasible, but its a bad idea.

>The current bullshit with universal income is that workers should be paid it too..I even discussed this with one of the leading proponents of universal income and pointed out this major flaw due to price gouging and inflation across the board..especially hitting thinkpgs such as rental and property prices. Thus making the poor even poorer. He chose not to respond to this point.

of course they should, but you won't see a public dividend system put in place without a massive struggle because ultimately they just want to make poor people feel desperate and useless, who the hell would accept a "basic income"? why not just provide housing and food while you're at it and watch the poor morons multiply themselves into oblivion, unable to do anything of any value to keep themselves useful and sane

a public dividend solves all these problems because it asserts that corporations owe the citizens in exchange for their right to exist, if they do not fulfill the common good through their existence they can be easily dismantled and prohibited by law

More importantly, can we get the fair tax enacted if we call the tax prebate portion UBI?

>good job dipshit now you're savings wont grow.

my savings grow like mad, but only because I adjust where I keep value, the secret is don't keep it in fiat

good luck dum dum

>yes its feasible, but its a bad idea.

it will never happen, it's immoral

They don't necessarily have to fight war, but they can if they are needed. In the meantime just keep them building roads and training for war. As an added bonus they'll remain healthy and low maintenance because of the somewhat spartan lifestyle of the army.

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

It gives the unworthy people of society a stable existence while the competitive people will still be making much more profit. Also the hard working people are more likely to have the most kids because women don't want a man in the same income class as they do.

>can we get the fair tax enacted

a lot of things have been called this, are you talking about taxing land based on use?

it ended in 1945 thanks to (((Anglos))) and (((Americucks)))

Only in a world where we have a nearly limitless (usable) energy source and figure out how to use it without wrecking our environment. So, no, it's not really feasible.

UBI would replace the current walfare too. You already pay us NEETs a good 30%+ of your paycheck as it is.

>It gives the unworthy people of society a stable existence

we already do handouts and they just make the lowest strata of society angry and violent

any project of this nature has to keep people active and productive, even if they aren't commercially successful they need to be busy or they'll go nuts and kill each other over crack and baseball hats

In the US such a policy would require between 1/4 and 1/2 of our total GDP. There's really no way it would work.

Exactly..employment to justify existence is the traditional lie told to the sheeple, whilst kings and queens sat on golden thrones..now we have the same shit except our new monarchies are 1%er Jews who people rarely even fucking know about.
These (((people))) are born into ill gotten wealth 70% of the time..the rest of the time (((they))) are the first generation robber barons like Soros and (((sir))) Philip Green.
This is why I do so HATE the work to justify yourself..meme. You work in order to sustain the Jews and that all you work for..this is what (((profits))) =
>work is for the goyim. End of

>You already pay us NEETs a good 30%+ of your paycheck as it is.

what kind of cuck gets a paycheck in this economy?

if you really want to live like the rich guys don't make any money

No.

The only way it could work is in a post-scarcity world.

propaganda thread.
some asshole made this shitty one liner thread, with the sole purpose to keep the topic in circulation.
all the posts arguing for or against it dont matter to OP
the only point of this thread is to make it seem like its actively being considered and viable
remember, propaganda works by repetition.

preach to the choir bro

>even if they aren't commercially successful they need to be busy
Not everybody is a autistic friendless unlikable person like you. Not all of us require a job to keep our life occupied

Why do you say jews instead of capitalists or billionaires?

Do you think a anglo-saxon or a celtic billionaire has your interests in his mind?

work sets you free

Those handouts are not enough, when you get enough money to spend some on entertainment and to buy stuff besides food people are far less likely to end up killing each other.

Still, UBI best works in a homogeneous society where people are more likely to give back to society and not spend all their money on drugs and alcohol such as would do niggers.

No. If you give everyone $1000 (for example), what value does that $1000 hold?

What work was done to establish the value of that money?

At first it will seem like a great thing, hey, $1000 bucks, AWESOME! And companies will think the same thing. Hey, everyone suddenly has more money! AWESOME! ... we can charge more.

Inevitably, the nation that does this will realize, that $1000 is now worthless. And now, everything is more expensive, the currency is worth less, the nation has less buying power...

Of course, they won't immediately understand why their economy is faltering, why they can't compete with neighbors.... they will blame various things, they'll blame other nations, they'll blame their own businesses, they'll do anything but blame themselves.

To correct the issue, they'll try printing even more money, they'll give everyone twice as much, three times as much, and so on. Every time, their currency becomes worth even less, the cost of living continues to skyrocket...

... eventually, it all just comes apart.

But it also means everyone has an extra $15,000 to spend in the economy. In my country that would offset pretty much all of my taxes.

It also means in countries with socialised healthcare systems that we don't have to pay $50,000,000 to keep some deformed, retarded baby alive for it's whole life.

The state spends $35 billion for health and social development alone per year. The argument is that most of the overhead and administration costs would be wiped, people would be fare more cost effective, and service providers would be far more efficient than state services.
So:
-Reduced taxpayer costs
-Better services
-Potentially more money in your pocket

-Hard luck for expensive medical care
-Cost of things goes up.

I don't know what point you're trying to make. Fuck you and fuck your bills, nigger.

The only good commie is a dead commie. Fuck off, fuck you, and fuck your bills, faggot.

>like its actively being considered and viable
Several countries are making experiments on it. Some countries have already seriously considered implementing it.

It will happen, whether you like it or not, And then the retards like you will loose their sole claim to be a "successful person": a job.

>What work was done to establish the value of that money?
Are you a marxist?

Labor theory of value ftw!

>inflation will happen under UBI

As opposed to nowadays?
Why are you guys so simple-minded?

This endless chasing and game playing to chase the velocity of money theory is really very ridiculous. It's an obvious sign that the real economy is moribund, and piling on 100 more fake money games to get people to spend is not going to fix it.

There are ways it could be improved, but total universal communism is not going to do it.

Onethird of my income is taken in taxes. I dont want the govt to have a penny more

Any nations that implement UBI are going to lose on the international scale to nations that don't. It's as simple as that.

THIS CANT CONTINUE

AND NOBODY IS REACTING

>Those handouts are not enough, when you get enough money to spend some on entertainment and to buy stuff besides food people are far less likely to end up killing each other.

no, giving people money and nothing to do is always a terrible mistake

>UBI best works

UBI asserts that life come from government when life comes from the public who regulates government

you have to change the wording of this if you expect it to get anywhere unless the point is to rile up republicans and you don't care that it will never happen

>Not everybody is a autistic friendless unlikable person like you. Not all of us require a job to keep our life occupied

I didn't say a job, you have to be busy or you'll go crazy, look at the European guild system, it was the responsibility of every guild worker to make sure their elders were doing something during their retirement, so they wouldn't feel useless once they had nothing to do, so they were encouraged to paint, study or write, to keep their mind active, and prevent depression

it will never happen. you losers just need to become capitalists and buy a robot or something. with automation, work isn't needed anymore so it will work out fine. proletarists on the other hand will just roll over and die, i don't see the problem desu.

Ideally I'd like to try a mixed approach, keeping our socialised healthcare (which honestly isn't that bad), but cutting social welfare, and giving everyone $1000 - $7000 instead. Maybe.