FRANCE TO BAN GAS AND DIESEL VEHICLES IN 2040

bbc.com/news/world-europe-40518293

Why isn't the US making goals like this? We used to lead the world in technological advancement. Oh wait... I forgot our Secretary of State was CEO of Exxon and our president loves slurping up that Saudi cock.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FQAoFlgZy1Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_truck
daimler.com/produkte/lkw/mercedes-benz/urban-etruck.html
feldschloesschen.com/Verantwortung/Umwelt/Pages/ELKW.aspx
20min.ch/finance/news/story/23057287
investopedia.com/articles/forex/072915/how-petrodollars-affect-us-dollar.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let me guess, some woman proposed this legislation?

WOW GO FRANCE!

THE FIRST FAILED COUNTRY OF THE EU AND WE THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE GERMANY OR SWEDEN

You want more rules and regulations made by the government? Great, go literally anywhere in Western Europe, the US doesn't give a shit

Because everyone who drives a Prius is a massive faggot and we don't want everyone in the country to be a massive faggot.

>electric cars
>ever

Fuck off

Germany banned gas in 1945 and look where they are now.

>BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
>OY VEY!

>More american blood and treasure for you my honorable Sheikh!

We arent fucking retarded thats why hahahaha

Of course no. You're good goyim.

We plan to keep sucking petrocock so we can be a third-world shithole by 2040.

lol - they can't make decent combustion engine cars, doubt Renault or Citreon or Puegot will suddenly get good at making electric cars. This is an invitation for german carmakers to take over the French market and destroy the French auto industry. Macron is a sick fuck. Support eastern european cars made in Slovakia, Poland, Romania, such as Skoda and Dacia. It doesn't matter who owns them. Rimac is a Croatian electric car maker. FIAT is also ok as they make many cars in Eastern Europe and Italy is not as cucked as the northern countries. Adria Mobil makes motorhomes and is from Slovenia, Ikarus is a bus maker in Hungary, Solaris does same in Poland.

Oh shit. I just had a memory. I was in elementary school and they were telling us all about the holohoax, and one of the stories FROM AN ESCAPEE HIS PERSONAL TESTIMONY

>at first it wasn't bad
>but then they started killing us
>and every day as I was marched back the barracks without even enough food
>didn't know if I could drag my body back or get any sleep listening to bunkmates cough, some might not wake up the next day
>and I thought my friend had been taken because he stole a scrap of bread or made a run from the watch tower or whatever it was
>but no!
>he was hiding in the toilets!
>every day I walked past them, awful holes were all we had to shit in
>and the smell!
>and I realized I had been shitting on my friend
I forget the rest of the plot, but he winds up also having to hide in the toilet up to his neck in raw, rotting sewage to escape the nazi guards for some reason

>third-world shithole by 2040
gasoline is cheaper than electricity

Until it isn't anymore, and other countries are leading us because we chose to sit back and cling to old technology.

Riding horses was cheaper than riding a car. Lighting a candle was cheaper than using electricity to power a light bulb. You see the pattern?

NYC still has mounted police and the keep the horses in a building with horse elevators. Works better than cars apparently.

Candles are a great thing to have around when the power goes out. Turns out they work really well at their intended purpose.

How fucking dense are you?

>More people using lithium
>Electric car cost goes up
>Fewer people using oil
>Price/barrel goes down
DRILL BABY DRILL

Who gives a shit, the French are going to be using camels by 2040.

No à cuck from the Green Party. Will never happens

You're literally a moron. Peak Oil is for fags with a castastrophist complex. Same with man-made climate change. Your propaganda is mediocre.

Are they making plans to bolster the electric grid by like 200%? Because if 100% of people used electric cars that would be a massive increase in the electrical load. Most houses cannot charge an electric car using their existing wiring. They need to have a special upgrade for the amperage the car charger requires. That means each charger pulls some serious juice when charging.

I'm betting the same retards who want to ban fossil fuel cars also oppose the construction of any new power plants. Because electric cars are magic!

>2040

France won't even have vehicles by 2040.

>these things still have applications in particular situations therefore we should all go back to riding animals and reading by candle light

As I'm sure gas and diesel vehicles will have SOME purpose in the future like being of use where there is no power station. Most people should be move on to electric vehicles.

Never

Please note that France is the world's leader in nuclear power. They will make a ton of money selling nuclear reactors to every other country that needs more electric capacity. They think this is a good trade for surrendering their entire auto industry to Germany. This is wrong. Macron will be guillotined by angry frogs one day.

And the bond between your lips and gulf state cock is unbreakable.

How will they transport goods? Last I checked, they didn't have electric semis.

>SOME purpose
Like being the power station? Does the state know that you are functionally retarded?

With the way they're going they'll be lucky to have flintstones cars by then.

Electric doesn't make sense for delivery infrastructure like semi trucks which absolutely rely on being able to travel long distances without interruption. Electric cars have shit range and take hours to recharge.

Current electric cars have far shorter range than gas/diesel cars. And a gas/diesel car can refill its tank and be back on the road in about 5-10 minutes. An electric car needs to charge for hours.

Imagine if a semi truck delivering goods had to stop every 4 hours of driving and charge for 6 hours.

>france
>not having a yabadoo time
>a dabadoo time
>not having a GAY ol' time

>there is absolutely no way we will develop new ways to get electricity other than burning fossil fuels

EMIDF plz go

France will be the example. On why they are retarded to switch to one resource when you can have multiple to reduce the load on all resources. Not to mention, lithium is super hard to mine, and most shit isn't electric. Are they just going to dump billions on converting petrol stations to charging stations and add a hotel next to them for free? Because it takes hours to charge that shit.

Because if you want to be gay you can use rollerblades like every other faggot.

OK, go ahead and develop them :D

France won't even exist in 2040

>Current electric cars

Well it's a good thing we're talking about 2040 and beyond.

Have fun doing it without fossil fuels. Oh, and most governments oppose expansion of nuclear power. Oh, and most governments oppose damaging water systems with hydroelectric dams. Oh, and biofuel isn't sustainable.

Trains?

>gulf state
>America, #1 energy producer

I'm pretty up to date with battery technology. I participate in drone racing which uses some of the most state of the art lithium batteries available. The technology is hitting a plateau.

Until all this hype about graphene batteries and supercapacitors becomes a reality it doesn't look like batteries will ever be more practical than gasoline and diesel for cars. Electric cars are good for short commutes, but electric fucking sucks for long distance travel.

Those are a myth to Americans unfortunately.

On what easements? And will there be a train leading to every warehouse in the US?

Yep, we've only got archaic lines from the late 1800s, early 1900s. In my area we've actually removed for lines than we've built in the last few decades.

Yeah, you try making a 4 mile train go downtown to drop off goods at every store front.

>"We need solutions!"
>"But this is too damaging."
>"Nuclear is too dangerous."
Nevermind the fact that batteries and solar panels are far more damaging to the environment.

>Why isn't the US making goals like this?

Because it's completely retarded.

>We used to lead the world in technological advancement

That was when science was controlled by the right. Now that marxists run science and colleges, all we can do is invent new genders.

>slurping up that Saudi

Your propaganda is old. America is one of the top producers of oil because of fracking.

>most poorfags drive 10+ year old used cars
>ban all existing cars
>poor can't travel further than walking distance from their homes
Feudalism successfully restored.

And yet still forking over money to middle eastern countries for more oil

>Why isn't the US making goals like this?
Because the market will bring us there without regulation.

I'm not a free market expounder or whatever but its obvious, just like with the treaty Trump took us back from. There is no point, we are moving their quickly anyways.

Not as much as one would think. Mostly we get it from leafs and poor Latin American countries

better to drink the other man's milkshake and save ours for later

youtube.com/watch?v=FQAoFlgZy1Q

And France, having more nuclear power than any other European nation, is actually in a position to support such an initiative.

It'll never happen, though, and it's stupid to think it will no matter how hard someone wished it to be true.

I sincerely couldn't give a fuck about Western Europe anymore, the whole region is a write-off. Like, will France even exist in 2040? WHO CARES

wrong wrong wrong wra wrong wrong wrooong.

energy companies trade whatever is profitable.

exxon or whatever will trade gas or grapeseed oil if there is a demand.

they buy and sell nuclear generation which is heavily exported from france to the rest of european union.

this is the reason behind the paris agreement to sell euro reactors to the rest of europe.

Enron was a merger from this.

France needs to ban sharia law first

Petro Dollar. Look it up sometime you misinformed pleb

The only person misinformed was your mom when she got knocked with you, accident.

>Last I checked, they didn't have electric semis.
Well, check again:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_truck
daimler.com/produkte/lkw/mercedes-benz/urban-etruck.html

Some companies already have some, as we speak:
feldschloesschen.com/Verantwortung/Umwelt/Pages/ELKW.aspx
20min.ch/finance/news/story/23057287

many such cases.

Yea they love the rich in France. Make a rule that in 2040 you must buy a brand new car or lose that freedom to own and drive an affordable used one.

Nice way to once again ASS FUCK THE POOR to 'wink wink' save the planet.

Giving everyone no choice but electric vehicles with ancient battery technology is not a technological advancement. Tell a country that actually matters like China to do this and brace yourself for the ridicule. Also - if you hate "slurping up that Saudi cock" so much be a man and stop making use of anything that was made with fossil fuels or even had fossil fuels involved in its production. You'd do this if you weren't a total fag OP but we know all you can be is yourself.

Oh come on. That CAN NOT be a Prius. Gorgeous car. I'm a 4WD girl (Jeep), but I would drive that without a moment's hesitation.
Haven't seen a sportscar this pretty since the Alpha GTV6.

>niiiiiice

Read more fag.

investopedia.com/articles/forex/072915/how-petrodollars-affect-us-dollar.asp

if i can make a $19000 2015 leaf last 7.5 years the car pays for itself in fuel savings. after that i'm almost driving for free.

How would this effect Truck drivers?

Kek

US rail system is mainly for transporting cargo not people. It actually is pretty good. Europe may have passenger trains, but they have to use trucks more often than not.

>7.5
Lol. Batteries don't last that long. Check out the price and carbon footprint ( just to manufacture) of those batteries.

>electric cars