I get it now

I got back from Singapore a few weeks ago and it has changed my opinion on capitalism forever. It was exactly as you expect from Singapore if you have seen videos or heard about its sprawling metropolis, sparkling clean streets, manicured trees and gardens lining every single road, safety, technology and a modern booming capitalist economy. But once you actually travel there (or similar capitalist cities that are an example of capitalism at its best), you realise just how much of a disease the system really is.

The entire country's attractions are centered around shopping and materialistic degeneracy. EVERY SINGLE PLACE you go has the exact same shopping centers full of chain stores, high end fashion outlets and what are supposed to be awe-inspiring buildings.

The entire country is devoid of culture, soul and sincerity. Every attraction I travelled to was either a place to shake you down for money (shopping), or a site that was built for the sake of being a tourist attraction - again, its main draw being the quirky, supposedly awe inspiring modern architecture.

Being such a capitalistic city, the result is that its people were entirely focused on the pursuit of money through fruitless work in giant corporations so they could spend it on degenerate materialism or other superficial things. As a result, the people were often rude or abrupt when you interacted with them (though I did meet some really friendly people) and just generally devoid of that "soul" that people in other countries have.

Take this as a warning. Capitalism is degeneracy. It crushes the human spirit and leads us down lives of unfulfilling wagecucking work for MegaCorp(TM) or MegaGlobal Banking and Finance, instills in us degenerate values like materialism and leads to soulless concrete jungles devoid of sincerity and originality in the arts and things that actually matter. Man is not supposed to live like this.

Maybe don't go to a fucking east-asian city state run by a strict, conservative government that fines you for spitting out your gum.

Its almost like we need some sort of country that allows capitalism for the material wealth. But also a sort of aristocratic republic to maintain our culture, people, and religion aligned toward higher ideals. Huh.

You could even write some sort of "constitution" that would grant the people certain rights and limit the size and scope of government.

Hopefully they never go full democracy though, that would really increase time preference. Could really wreck things, could end up with some type of oligarchy where those who manipulate public opinion are the true rulers.

Yep, people in Singapoor look much more sad and depressed than in any of the neigbour asian countries, in spite of having much more money and opportunities.

>being this much of a rural and suburban retard

What do they do in Singapore?
Like, what do the make or produce or provide?
I keep hearing Singapore is a great metropolis, but I have no clue exactly what it is that they do to make money?

Trade, mostly. The city is located right on the Strait of Malacca, which sees 25% of the world's shipping pass through it, and Singapore itself has a massive port.

Petroleum products, trade (middleman) and electronic parts

Being a NEET is the ultimate form of rebellion here.

feels good.

You get literally no gibs for being a neet, this doesn't make sense at all.

I just rent out a spare room in my place. Enough to get by.

I doubt you get over a thousand a month, that's hardly enough to get by. At least look for a part time job so you get the GST voucher and Chas card gibs for emergencies my senpai.

>I don't like large cities where commerce and capitalism are corner stones
how about you don't go to large cities then kiddo

better than starving

Manufacturing and Trade- a lot of traffic goes through them.
They're not large enough to own enough natural resources for anything else. They're just essentially a very well managed island-city-nation with topnotch policy making and management to be massively successful trade hub.

Singapore was a great place, for they haven't just self-propelled themselves to materialistic richness, they've grown and maintained their own culture as well. For me, as an American, I felt it too restrictive on freedoms- there's no room for the feeling of frontier in such a small place. But it was a good place.

t. uneducated fag
Bitch please. Just try to get in one of this "soulless giant corporations" and earn some credibility there first.
Then you'll be able to talk with credibility and not like a whiny bitch.
Then again, the flag says it all.
Otherwise, try Hong Kong, we're more rock'n'roll than Singapore cucks :P

I always assumed that Singapore, Dubai, and other places like that were basically like Heathrow but copy pasted many times. I don't think it's some sort of new money thing, every new place in the UK has that same glow

Dubai is a sham and not equivalent to Singapore in the slightest

Fuck off tyrant commie scum. Go eat a dick in a gulag.

Singapore is decades ahead of any European city

I'll take a life of unfulfilling officework in AC, food on the table, occasional vacations, a clean bed to sleep on, and a decent apartment with videogames over the unfulfilling hard toil of manual labor. A lot of you suburban and urban kids grow up getting put off by the blandness of modern consumer culture - and that's great! You should also keep in mind the other side can be pretty fucking awful too. There's no inherent virtue to farming or poverty.

I'm curious how the engineers due structural integrity checks on that roof level on the building complex to the left in the lower picture.

It's a little unfair on Singapore because their extreme lack of land forces them to constantly build and develop every square inch into the most efficient purpose possible.

Other countries have the same soulless cut and paste retail and forced tourism areas but also have the authentic things like natural attractions or more traditional rural areas.

>check flag
Really makes my synapses fire

How many times do I have to post this quote before leftists realise that they don't have any souls either? They have no aesthetics or transcendent purpose because their entire worldview is based around destroying things so they can materially parasitise from others.

>go there for a holiday
>surprised everyone wants your money
>go to tourists attractions and claim there is no culture
Commies everyone

>sheltered hick experiences the social reservation inherent in East Asian culture for the first time

It has nothing to do with capitalism.

ctrl+F replace "capitalism" with "globalism" and you're on the right track, user. singaporeans are second-class citizens in their own fucking country

I really like Singapore, it works, there's no low level crime, everything is clean, they have death penalty.

I'd go to Singapore, but I don't want to be beheaded for chewing bubblegum.

agree
we need communism to tame capitalism
I know it's not the best but the true benefit of communism is to make capitalism power weak down

Watch "yellow bird" on Netflix if you want a true depiction of what Singapore can be like for the non-wealthy

And how is materialist communism a solution?