Why are trade workers so much happier than STEM workers?

Why are trade workers so much happier than STEM workers?

Is it the lack of $80k in student loans?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2948908/Britain-hit-worst-skills-shortage-30-years-means-earn-100-000-year-plumber-aged-just-19-prepared-graft.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They aren't, here in Canada. While they make a great deal more immediately than a college grad, the atmosphere our country pushes that uni is the only way to go constantly makes these guys doubt themselves.
Very few go into trades, and those that do are those whose families have been in it for generations or they didn't have another option.

They also have a job that gives tangible results. I would die if I was a desk jockey

Sound like projection to me. How could you possibly know that trade workers are "doubting themselves" on not going to university when they have jobs with good pay, houses and families?

Anyone here in carpentry?

I really do not like my degree. I don't see how I can be successful in my field when I have so little passion for it at this point.

I'm looking at going to back to college to qualify as a carpenter so I can actually start making a living.

I don't care about being rich. I just want a solid job that doesn't stress me out that provides me with a decent standard of living.

No beat offs in the trades.

In Ontario our courses for Grades 9 and 10 are split into levels: Academic, Applied, and Workplace.
For grades 11 and 12, these become University, College, and Workplace

Both are cucked here.
Our skilled trade labour market has been ruined by immigrants (the ''based slavs'') who do any job for minimum wage (most times even less)

see, Stay in your degree. Nothing will be fixed until they're sent back

I'm talking about the younger guys. It doesn't take a genius to realize that all statistics point to trade workers average age as 45-50+. They aren't doubting themselves. It's the young ones, who jumped on the oil wagon, rode their new F-150 out to Alberta, got fucked when the oil crash happened and are now out of work. Or the guys who became electricians but the regulations in the Ontario building code fuck them in the ass every year and the competition in the field is worse than STEM because employers don't want to waste that amount of resources on someone who isn't the top cut.
Trades only pay later in life if you start a business, and right now the old guys have the market saturated. When they're gone, one of two things will happen; their disinterested kids will liquidate the business, or they'll take on the mantle and face labour shortages worse than Europe after WWII

Stem student here. No loan and still depressed as fuck. Must be' something else

Aviation is badass. I make six figures the last couple years and I'm only 28.

Trades have high salaries in US because they are heavily unionized and work many jobs for the state

In US stem unemployment no different than lib arts, you just sucked a bigger lie in uni

It's sort of the same thing here. My dad was a tradesman and he always said I was "better than that". I dropped out of college and spent a lot of time trying to get back before I finally realized that there is nothing wrong with learning a craft. In fact at this point, (I may be talking outta my ass here) trades workers may make more money than the average college grad. You know. With all of the focus on social sciences and gender studies.

If you like trades, great for you.

I've done construction for the past few years and I'm looking to get out.

Doing a physical trade makes you feel like what you are doing matters. And the money is usually pretty good.

Are you unironically trying to convince people that your manual labor job that your uncle got you is better than an office job paying twice your salary

Is being a radiographer any good?

If you have an office job paying $120k a year and you're actually happy with it then good for you. I get to run into burning buildings and help people at work. I love hearing how STEMcels are happy with their jobs "writing code for a auto rental company".

I would rather have a job making 40k if I was happy than one making 80k if I was depressed

trade workers are sub categories of stem

carpenters, electricians, welders, ,mechanics ect are all engineering subcategories

medical field is biology and chemistry aka science

This. If you want to get into a trade you would talk the workplace level classes, in which case you'd be surrounded by literal retards and degenerates. There's also the fact that high schools shame you for wanting to do anything other than go to uni, to go as far as calling everyone who doesn't get post secondary education poor.

They really fucked with me and a lot of people I knew. I would have been happier going into a trade but they treat you like a retard just for having the idea.

>being content with cleaning the toilets and repairing the locks of shitskins

This is why white man is dying

>b-but doing manual labor for peanuts makes me happy

are there statistics to back that up? seriously doubt it. the only positive i can see from trade workers is physical excercise while on payroll, but if you go to the gym as STEM thats a non-issue

Carpentry gives a shit-ton of money, even here in Brazil. But you have to be really skilled. It's something I wish to learn.

Boomer fag=volunteer firefighter

That's why I'm looking at a trade. I've fucked around so much starting and stopping and tripping over shit trying to prove to myself that I'm cut out for something high flying and I've spent a miserable 8 fucking years destroying my self-esteem, wasting time and money and getting absolutely fucking no where.

I think I'm ready to admit that I'd be happy just learning a trade and working it out from there.

I hate how fucked the education 'industry' in the this country has become. Every damn kid is pressured into this idea that they can be a rocket scientist or cure cancer.
They can't. We can't. The numbers don't work.

How can they keep this lie going? What is everyone supposed to do with themselves?
We've become a nation of degree holding baristas and retail workers.

Better to get a trade now before people finally catch on with the farce that is university and all those kids start going for trades instead.

>get to run into burning buildings
The most wild rationalization for having a shit job i have ever seen

I'm 26 in a paid department. 10 days a month is pretty great. Bantz all day with the boys at the firehouse and we pull our act together when it's time to be professional. Wouldn't choose any other career.

Uh right because job happiness isn't directly related to compensation or anything

> good pay

Is $11 an hr good to you?

>Is $11 an hr good to you?

kek this, trades pay $17/hr max where I live. There's only so many high paying trades jobs in the country

I might become a sheet metal assembler.

I am an electrical engineer that is doing research into radar tech using DSP. I LOVE MY CAREER. Brb wavelet transform, advanced linear algebra, Fourier/Laplace, some differential geometry and manifolds. The math I do amazes me, I would do my job for $50k but I make $100k plus bonuses.

It's absolutely not for everyone, but for people who find burning buildings, high-angle rope-rescues, and overturned crushed vehicle rescues fun, it's our crack.

Not bad for not requiring a college education ;)

Yeah funny thing is you have to be in the job like 20 years to even max out your comp and STEM interns still make like 25 dollars an hour

Trade workers see concrete results from their work, they get paid rather well in most cases, and can often choose how many hours (money) they want to work.

Sure, the foreign guest workers undercut some trades, but there are plenty of patriots who refuse foreign labour, and the work is often of worse quality, which many home-owners are afraid to risk (why save 10.000 dollars on a new roof if it turns out to be leaky and you get a 50.000 dollar fungus infection)

There are also far fewer women in trades. Not to go all MGTOW here, but I really think that some or most men thrive better the fewer women they have to work with (depending on field and the individual women of course)

Source: I work at a factory with zero women in hard hats. The cantina and administration has a higher number of women than men though.

Is 28 too old to become a firefighter?

Lol you americans live in a country that was built by badass man doing heavy work and now everyone wants to chill on a office for the rest of your lifes. What happened?

You can have pleasant jobs that are paid well, pleasant jobs that are paid shitty, shitty jobs that are paid well and shitty jobs that are paid shitty. That seems pretty obvious.

>i sure love my job pulling mangled corpses out of totaled vehicles with the sound of a horrified mothers screams forever etched onto my eardrums after I pulled her 9 year old sons leg out of a windshield haha based

I know a guy who got into our department at 38. Thirty-eight. He's just as strong as any of us.

union trades here in the northeast pay $35 per hour up to $60.

>Got degree and went into social work (I know...)
>Got tired of working with all women and wanted to kill myself
>Left and joined electricians union and became an electrician.
>Tripled my pay, better benefits, don't have to listen to women backstab each other all day anymore
>Actually help people more by doing volunteer work fixing up electrical shit for old veterans homes

Best decision I ever made.

Someone has to do it, right? Replacing components on top of 1000' radio antennas isn't for me, dealing with dead people isn't for you.

Carpenter master race checking in, putting all STEM people on suicide watch as they realize tradesmen are the true people of Sup Forums

Guys if you're under 24, look into job corps.
Learn a trade, no loans and they help you get a job.

1st year apprentices make 17$+
Journeyman make over 35 an hour and usually 60-70k annually

Why are Carpenters always bros on the job site?

I hate fucking painter so god damned much but I never have any problems with Carpenters.

Maybe in murrika hahah, i'm a systems engineer in the financial industry making bank, havent got any student loans thanks to our filthy communism.

Homogeneity, we're pretty much the same guys all around the world, there are sometimes issues with egos but those are individual cases.

Enjoying work is Alpha Omega in construction, and bosses know this.

You can't work 12 hours in pissing rain/snow if you don't enjoy the people you work with :)

Currently on break, waiting to finish this staircase. If it's something you're genuinely interested in, carpentry is one of the most versatile and stable trades you can find. I've done everything from making hipster furnature to building apartment complexes. You get bad days like anything else, but i've never once regretted my decision to follow my dad into the trades. I strongly recommend seeking an apprenticeship

Painting is one of the worst trades. Every painter I have come across has had brain damage from all the fumes they sniff.
. . . .
>Wanted to become a welder.
>Parents signed me up for university.
>Took Business
>Making good money, good at it, but working in government.
>Still considering picking up a trade.

Sounds good. I've been doing a fair bit of home improvement with my dad in my parents new place and it's made me realise how much satisfaction there is to be found in working with your hands.

I think I'll definitely look into it.

>union trades
Yeah and you have to wait 5 years to even get into a solid union

>>Making good money, good at it, but working in government.

almost everyone I know in NJ state government has some sort of business on the side. They work for the benefits and the pension (lol). Shifty shit really. The city I live in had cobblestone streets up until pretty late, 40s-50s, and still has a few downtown. There were massive piles of them laying around and a city councilman back in the '80s sold them, under the table, to contractors for two bucks a stone and pocketed the money. Must've made a fortune, they only figured it out after he had died

> Wait to get into a union

You Americans and your silly labour setups

A friend of mine is a roof tiler and emigrated to Canada with his entire company and they're making lots of shekels because you cucks apparently lack roof tilers

Sucks to be Canada, I applied for a paid apprenticeship at a local shipyard, should I be accepted, after 4 years of bitch work I'd be making $22-$25 and hour easy

Rust belt isn't as rusty as people think

Idk but tradesmen do hard work and the Holy Bible says God rewards the laborer!

We lack everything because since the 70s people have been pushed to college and university. Average age of a welder in Canada is 57. Think about that. In 8 years a whole industry may be left unmanned
Thanks Pierre

Guy who fell for trade meme here.

I'm studying to be an electrician. Are my future counterparts dickheads or cool bros who get electrocuted once in awhile?

t. Europoor

Unless you know people. My grandfather, father, and I joined the same union hall. That's one good thing about the Mafia up here. Once your family is in you will be welcomed with open arms sine your fore fathers worked together in the good 'ol days.

>$22-$25
Congrats. Our interns make this much

electricians are cool and get paid well, plenty of jobs as off now.

There is a certain amount of social incompetence inside your trade but I think you'll do great, just don't piss off the carpenters or painters. Fuck plumbers :)

Uh no. Even if you know people it takes several years and if you don't know people you're not getting in

>Social incompetence

???

Do you mean they don't communicate on what stage in the project they are and fuck up the deadlines or something?

We're just sarcastic assholes to each other all day but its all in good fun.

Electrocution is death by electric shock so we do try to avoid that...

Feel free to tell the painters to fuck off at any time. Plumbers did nothing wrong.

Our family are good friends with the original founders family of the hall.

i dunno im a NEET making 4000 a month trading shitcoins and playing video games i guess that's okay

Don't care, I'll be producing non-consumable goods that will last for years, what kind of shit legacy will your interns leave? And how much of their income is going directly to paying off debt?

If you let yourself be replaced by immigrants you're a shit tradesman. Any guy who is hands on, speaks the lingua franca and delivers a good job will outcompete poles and the like, easily.

How, what platform do you use?

>working for anybody but yourself
GOOD goyim!

Tradesman here. I'm happy as fuck and nice and /comfy/ in life. As one of the old dogs, I was smart enough to see the jew university scheme and nothing but old farts in the trades. Now I'm the old fart at the top living the easy life. Feels good man.

I repeat this a lot but if you go into a trade do so with the goal of being self employed or go union at the very least.
The money is in running your own business not breaking your back to make someone else a fortune. Even if it means going it alone.
I was a carpenter for a decade and in my state we're treated like shit by employers. But the guys who aren't dumb and run their own business made good money.

That sounds rad
I'm gonna apply to be one when the tests come around, probably next year. NJ is retarded though
Is there anything I can do to stand out more?

Well I mean after they pay off debt then it's pure profit from there. Theyre gonna retire comfortably while you destroy your body for the foreseeable future.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2948908/Britain-hit-worst-skills-shortage-30-years-means-earn-100-000-year-plumber-aged-just-19-prepared-graft.html
Are you serious? , people cant get a hold of tradesmen that can actually do the job properly these days. If you get yourself to trade school or an apprenticeship you could earn some serious cash.
t. poor as fuck uni student

I'm not, boring work, mediocre pay, and adhering to excessive government/corporate requirements

Are you literally getting upset because people are happy working trade jobs?

You seem to be really enthusiastic about putting other people down for someone kicking so much ass in the job market.

>after they pay off debt

stopped reading there

I read an article recently that Israel has a severe lack of skilled blue-collar workers. So severe that there are entire factories closing down due to understaffing after older employees retire.
What's even more surprising is that these jobs here begin at around 2000$/month and can reach upto 4000$/month.
Not the high-life, but not too shabby either when you consider the median wage in Israel is around 1700$/month.
Really makes you think why nobody takes up on these jobs.

Oh no they have to make debt payments equivalent to 5% of their after tax salary for a few years how will they ever manage not being manual labor

That's hilarious. I've been in both sides and I've seen what sitting in an office all day does to your body. I've watched our two youngest employees gain a collective 70lbs in the three years they've been here.
An office job can fuck up your body and health just as much as any trade if you're not careful.

>kicking so much ass
25 dollars an hour is literally female income

Jews do manual labor?

Evidently not.

Yeah faggot, Its so hard to believe that some men have that in them, right? That drive for danger and physical challenge? Not every man finds mental work interesting, pull your head out of your ass. Some people go to fucking war just for fun.

Israel needs open borders to fill its labor demand

Because young people have been sold the lie that they're all CEO entrepreneur power suit wearing material and destined to live the high life making shit loads of money bossing people around.

The actual idea of grafting in a blue collar job is not just off putting to them it's fucking disgusting.

A lot of my mates in London have shacked up with city girls working in marketing. It's easy to understand, from talking to them, that anyone working outside the city or in a blue collar profession is seen as pond scum basically.

>have that in them
Just lol

My dad has worked his way up to 1st asst chief. I really wished i had followed in his footsteps. Too old now. Godspeed user.

> tfw you should have worked with the boys and your dad

Who would have thought an apartheid state would be unsustainable

Explain in what way is it apartheid you meme-spouting sandnigger.

>is seen as pond scum
Because they are, economically speaking. Some are nice people, but you're a social class below professionals

Was a bricky for 10 years, went into it straight out of school (age 16 because rule britannia), studied CS part time / distance for 4 years of it. Now a dev, earning less and happier than ever. It's only a meme if you do it for money, do what you want to do in life user.