What was Hitlers plan for the Balkans?

Has anyone done deep research into this question?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swyQMb3GO-w
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalplan_Ost
twitter.com/AnonBabble

genocide

Mussolini wanted them, so he invaded them. We all know how that ended

I don't think that's true.

Wanted yugoslavia to join the axis but after a military coup that happened in yugoslavia he changed his mind.

For greece? Didn't said anything but wanted us to stay neutral but the italians attacked us for no reason. After that he wanted a peaceful solution but metaxas was assassinated. So he had no choice but to invade us to save the italians which in the process doomed operation barbarossa.

Probably similar to Poland
He would have probably annexed them but made a local government run by ethnic germans

The balkans probably would have preferred it to the Atheist-Jewish Bolshevism of the Soviet Union

bosnia to croatia, vojvodina to hungary, macedona to bulgaria and albania, montenegro to albania and idk about serbia probably a lot of genocide

My bad I miss read as Baltic not Balkans.

I know he annexed and replaced Yugoslavia (a Serbian empire) with Croatia. He would have given Greece and Albania to Italy and probably never bothered with the rest

Puppet states were established in Croatia and Serbia (Although Serbia was under permanent military occupation because of the volatile nature of the Serbian population as opposed to the Croats who were willing collaboraters) Macedonia was partitioned along ethnic lines to Bulgaria and Albania (An Italian protectorate) and one can assume these changes were permanent. Slovenia was partitioned between Italy, Hungary and Germany itself, predominately along ethnic lines (In regards to Germany and Hungary) with the exception of Italy who annexed Slovenian dominant territory outright. Mussolini also annexed portions of the Dalmatian Coast that Italy had been denied after WW1. These changes were permanent. Greece was occupied by Bulgaria, Germany and Italy. It was assumed that upon a victorious conclusion, Bulgaria would keep the lands it had annexed from Greece (That is southern Thrace connecting Bulgaria to the Aegean Sea - a territory lost after WW1. However this may have been extended to Thessaloniki) Germany would withdraw from Athens and Crete (It's zone of occupation) and Italy would either make Greece a protectorate like Albania or annex the country outright as an integral part of the new Roman Empire.

Do you think the region would have been better off that way?

Depends on what plans hitler would had.

Hitler was a retard who classified who was and wasn't subhuman by who worked for him.
Croats, Ukrainians, and Bulgarians were subhuman until they sided with Germany.

This. Fuck the serboniggers

(Cont.) None of these states would have been subject to ethnic cleansing but they would have remained as part of the New Order in Europe, with dependence on the stronger surrounding independent Axis countries.

There is one exception however. Or at least an idea of an exception and that is Serbia. Supposedly, to ensure that the mouth of the Danube remained opened for German interests, Serbian Banat, that is the region under direct military occupation within military occupied Serbia was to be run by the large Volksdeutsche population living there since Austro-Hungarian times (And these foreign Germans did indeed form the backbone of occupation in Serbia) Supposedly the territory would be remained Prinz Eugene Land (Prince Eugene Land) and settled with ethnic Germans from the Reich directly alongside the Germans already living there. However that is just speculation. Otherwise that is the extent of occupation and future policy in the Balkans.

>My teacher told me Hitler was racist and that's bad because my teacher told me racism is bad and anything that's bad is racist.

he wanted to genocide 100% of everyone and everything

oy vey he only wanted to kill the chosen you anti semite

if your nation was developing anti gravity technology in the arctic you would look down on the others too

Do you think genocide of all non Germans in Europe would ever be implemented? I am talking about a longer time frame, long after the war was over.

Italians ruined everything

No they weren't. Many of Germany's racial attitudes towards Slavs usually came into effect to justify long standing historical conflict. The Croatians and Bulgarians were historically reliable German allies (As well as the Czechs to some extent who were considered very Germanic and capable of being brought into the German fold over time) while Slavs like Poles and Russians who have long standing antagonism against Germany (And by extension Austria) were rallied against such as the Poles and Russians. However, even they were considered redeemable. Hitler considered the Poles the smartest of all the occupied peoples of Europe and considered the Russians to be led astray by communism. All the same, Himmler talked a family of European nations which included the Slavic ones too.

>What was Hitlers plan for the Balkans?
To let Italy have most of it.
Romania and Hungary were allied to the axis so they'd get territory expansion as well.

Italy did it because Mussolini was tired of Hitler doing stuff without giving him head up first.
All it would've taken was a fucking phone call.

>all the Talmudvision i watch tells me Hitler was bad so I believe he is bad and mean because TV is reality for me

Next time without Italy

So you want to fight a war on three fronts?

Absolutely not. What you have to understand is that in times of war, leaders often have to expand their vision to justify all the suffering their people are enduring, to give the war meaning and prevent revolt. Hitler's ambitions changed depending on the position he was in and whether or not he could afford it. Hitler was a very pragmatic man who often spoke of seizing the moment. He was the ultimate opportunist. So depending on what year he wins in limits or broadens his ambitions. A genocide of all non Germans in Europe serves no purpose whatsoever. He is allied with many nations in Europe and others that are even more Germanic than the Germans in terms of genetics. Certain territories such as the Crimea and the Wartheland would have been Germanized but otherwise the other people's of Europe would have been fine - albeit for living under a German dominated Europe.

Independent Macedonia

We can't be sure but only speculate.

Hitler could of had repopulate greece with germans since in his speeches on history he called ancient greeks as nordics and such.

Being surrounded leaves you with just one front

If Italy would've just been a co belligerent like Romania, Finland, Hungary, etc and they didn't aggressively expand into Europe mid WW2 then Communism would've been defeated. They probably could've gotten their desired European territory after the Soviet Union fell to Axis forces.

Unfortunately for Greece, there is little Hitler could do in terms of protecting Greek independence after Mussolini bungled the operation. Bulgaria would have annexed Thrace up to and including Macedonia. Albania would have annexed a part of Northern Epirus and Italy would have taken the rest. Germany would have to withdraw from Athens and Crete. But I am sure that Hitler, who was a great lover of the Greeks and their history and who often compared the struggle of Europe against Bolshevism as the new Greco - Persian Wars of Western civilization vs. Eastern barbarism, proper rights and liberties even under Italian jurisdiction.

No need to worry about that. Hitler had no designs on Greece. The country would have fallen under complete Italian dominion after the war had it come to victorious conclusion.

>yawn
>Yugoland had German friendly government
>in 1941 commies w/ support from Moscow made coup
>immediately sided w/ Soviets
>meanwhile since 1940 Stalin massing Red Army on western border
>Mussolini fucking up Greek campaign, gets bitchslapped by Britbongs
>Hitler: "motherfucker, can you do something right for once, Pizza fucker"
>sends a couple of Wehrmacht corps to hit two birds w/ one stone
>1) get rid of commie threat in the backyard on Balkan
>2) win yet another campaign for Mussolini in Greece
> ... the end

May 13, 1943, Joseph Goebbels:
"From all this, however, the Führer has drawn the conclusion that the plethora of small-states, which still exist in Europe, must be liquidated as soon as possible. It must remain the goal of our struggle to create a united Europe. But Europe can only be clearly organized by Germans. There is practically no other leadership. (...) He who owns Europe will take leadership of the world. In this context we can obviously not accept questions of right and wrong to be brought to the discussion."

October 4th Posen speech, Heinrich Himmler:

"What happens to a Russian, to a Czech, does not interest me in the slightest. What other nations can offer in the way of good blood of our type, we will take, if necessary, by kidnapping their children and raising them here with us. Whether nations live in prosperity or starve to death interests me only so far as we need them as slaves for our culture; otherwise, it is of no interest to me. Whether 10,000 Russian females fall down from exhaustion while digging an antitank ditch interests me only insofar as the anti-tank ditch for Germany is finished."

Slovenians in the Reich were deported to Croatia. Poles were killed.
Now you know the fate of slavs in Hitler's Europe.

Take the good, smart ones capable of teamwork and join them into 3rd Reich. Banish the rest. Torch the gypsies, Jews and other untermensch

>jews
>other untermensch

Yea thats obvious. What baffles me is when hitler gave bulgaria thrace,their king still denied joining his war effort.

>i am against miscegenation

so you'e against breeding with one of these cuties?

good luck with your ugly feminist cave beast white women

Hitler is not Himmler or Goebbels whose views were much more extreme. Poles were expelled from the Wartheland into the General Govournement but unless you believe in the Generalplan Ost meme there is nothing to suggest they would have been exterminated outright. Slovenians were sent to Croatia, that's true, but the territory of Maribor was largely German as it was, so it is unfortunate but understandable from a practical point of view.

youtube.com/watch?v=swyQMb3GO-w

Why do so many people not use the little loop on the lower underside of the tie to prevent fashion faux-pas' like this

It is.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalplan_Ost

According to his diaries, Hitler actually liked us and thought that we were a nation of worthy people (mainly because we sided with Germany in WW1 and had a good army overall)

He really hated our Prime Minister tho

"From all this, however, the Führer has drawn the conclusion"

>the Führer has drawn the conclusion
>the Führer

Stop it.

The Bulgarians were by far the most reluctant axis member. Perhaps their close Orthodox bonds with Russia and their shared ethnic heritage made it difficult for them to support war against Russia. Additionally Tsar Boris (Like Franco) probably understood that Germany's chances against the Soviets were little to none and didn't wish to face the Soviet war machine. I believe there is a saying in Bulgaria that goes something like: 'Always with Germany, never against Russia' (Or perhaps that's Romania, I can't fully recall) In fact the most Bulgaria aided the Axis in was the occupation of Greece and the rounding up of Jews in the region. Also, from my last post I meant to that Bulgaria would have annexed Thrace up to and including Thessaloniki, not Macedonia (Although the annexed much of that country and the corresponding Greek region as well)

Purge Serbs for dismantling Austria-Hungary.

Misread it as Baltic aswell. But yeah some of the balkan regions would have been included in Generalplan Ost. The rest were initially to be given to Italy and it was their dominion what happened to them but the plan was abondened for obvious reasons.

Later in the war any plans for expansion were abandoned in favor of plans for survival.

If you want to know what was planned for the Balkans read up on mussolini and not Hitler.

'The Fuhrer has drawn the conclusion that small states need to be liquidated'. I didn't deny it. but I didn't disagree with it either. Actions speak louder than words I believe in the Balkans, only Croatia and Serbia remained as small states. I see no reason why they would have been 'liquidated'.

This dumb meme. The evidence for Generalplan Ost is even shakier than the Holohoax and that is saying something.

why are you still obsessed with some part-jew, self loathing manlet with a tiny, mutilated penis and a dirty sanchez mustache who ended up killing himself like a gutless coward, you inbred moron?

Because Mussolini fucked up constantly. I'm almost certain if Germany had an ally who was anyone but Italy they would have won because they wouldn't have been constantly following Italy mopping up and sorting out their mess.
Do you know why the crew of Star Trek works so well together? No Italians.

Let me see...
- Part Jew (Check)
- Mutilated Penis (Check)
- Bad facial hair (Check)
You're missing a coprophiliac who raped his niece and took meth every day while never listening to his generals but of his own megalomania kike. Not a very good effort indeed.

I'm no fan of hitler but

>Obsessed
OP is asking a genuine question about important history which deserves an answer.

>Part jew.
This is false and was spread as american and British propaganda during the war to try to discredit him.

>Mutilated penis
Also false. There are doctors reports and medical exams which clearly display no such abnormalities.

>Dirty sanchez mustache.
This was a popular style at the time and was probably chosen by Hitler to accommodate the gas mask he wore in the trenches of WW1.

That has to do with Eastern Europe and not the Balkans.............

retard alert.

Nah, Germany was gonna no matter what.
They might have lasted longer without the Italians. In the long run, more deaths just to lose.

No they wouldn't have. Hitler took too many gambles because his early success convinced him he was invincible.

The swift capitulation of Europe convinced him that he Britain would renege on their promise to protect Poland. Or that they'd atleast side with Nazi Germany and pretend to believe the lie that it was solely the USSR invading and Germany was protecting them. That was strike one.

Strike 2 came after the amazingly swift fall of France. At this point Britain was on the ropes and considering suing for peace and Hitler thought he may aswell get the USSR squared away while he was at it. Get all his boxes check. Strike 2.

Hey batta batta batta. He and anyone else had no idea of the domino's being lined up. Which is why Japan was so confident to attack pearl harbour.
Because Invincible Adolf would take care of the US.

Strike three and he's out.

I know. see

Nazi secretary reporting in.
Like this.

He took those gambles because his intuition along with his intelligence informed him that the time was right for those moves to be made. They were gambles, but he always weighed his chances. The Poland gamble failed only because Stalin outmaneuvered him. He didn't think himself invincible, but he did believe Providence was with him (And I wouldn't blame him, his luck had been incredible up until about 1942) The gamble with America and the USSR was just one too many. Japan did not attack Pearl Harbor because they believed Germany would take care of the issue, they did it because it was then or never. Their resources were literally about to run out due to the US embargo and either they secured more by attacking European Asian colonies or their war with China would be forced to come to an end. Hitler wasn't obligated to declare war on America because of Japan. He took a gamble, and for once it didn't pay off. But of all the gambles that could have failed, it just had to be the one that cost him the war.

This basically.

I agree with most of that. I could have worded my post better.

It's amazing how quickly the war turned due to circumstance. Regardless though the US under Roosevelt had no ambition to enter WW2 if not for Japan. Their policy was one of embargo and support allied nations.

The Japanese attacked rightly as you say because their resources were running dangerously low but also because they feared a pre-emptive strike by the US due to bad intelligence which was never coming.

The greatest question I'd like to know is, where did this (((intelligence)))

Japan's attack on pearl harbour is undoubtedly the straw that broke the camels back. It's the definable moment in which nazi germany would be wiped off the face off the earth forever and would not simply be able to surrender or sign for peace.

*Where did this intelligence come from?

> 'Always with Germany, never against Russia'
yeah that's ours, romania has basically always been against russia

>Perhaps their close Orthodox bonds with Russia and their shared ethnic heritage made it difficult for them to support war against Russia
we have another saying, by Boris, "My ministers are anglophiles, my generals are germanophiles, my people are russophiles, only I remained a bulgarophile",
No matter how much propaganda americucks want to spew, the fact is Russia was defiantly considered a liberator and a brotherly nation by the people, no war was declared because there would be backlash. In fact after the war we had people rise against the monarchy, it didn't require the red army, like it other communist states.
Plus we only stood to lose in a war against russia, at worst the USA bombed us a bit, declaring war on them was fine even tho just symbolic.

>In fact the most Bulgaria aided the Axis in was the occupation of Greece and the rounding up of Jews in the region
which we were also reluctant to do, as Boris didn't send any jews from bulgaria.
Our greatest contribution realistically was allowing military access, not that much else.

This pretty much. Hitler was the biggest LARPer of them all, basically everyone knew he wouldn't follow up on his shit talk.

Lot's of armchair history experts.

Obviously never heard of Tripartite Pact, which:

1: Guaranteed Yugoslavia's territorial integrity
2: Guaranteed defense in case of attack against ANY enemy
3: Asked for transit rights for preemptive strike on Soviets
4: Asked for NO manpower, equipment, supplies for their operations.

Basically anything that prince Paul wanted, he got it. Hitler made personally sure of that. But he was almost out of time, so he pressured Paul in getting it over with.

The Brits pushed the people for "Better war, than a pact", 2 days later, a coup happened,
which made Hitler furious about that betreyal.

As a thank you for siding with Commies, Yugoslavs got Joshua Ambroz Tito, who was a Jew.

Mass murder of over 1.5 million Yugoslavs [his signature] and more so without him knowing about it, also jews in key positions in the communist party and state aparatus, degrading the economy and well, all the misery communism brings about, happened to Yugoslavs. In some countries, it still lives on.... Just under a different name, like democracy....

The presupposition that Roosevelt had no ambition to enter the war is completely false. America had been expanding the Atlantic security region to ensure protection for allied merchant fleets while at the same time breaking international law by freezing German and Italian assets and performing depth charges against German submarines near Iceland and in the Atlantic. Roosevelt even went so far as to forge a map of a 'Nazi Invasion of South America' which he just happened to 'find' a German diplomat's briefcase which is a confirmed forgery. Grossadmiral Doenitz begged Hitler to retaliate but Hitler wanted America out of the war for as long as possible. It was an undeclared war that Roosevelt wanted and NEEDED. His disastrous economic policies had failed to drag the US out of the Great Depression. But war is the greatest profit creating mechanism. But Hitler would not take the bait. It just so happened that he found the 'backdoor' to war so to day by engaging Japan. Hitler incorrectly thought that the US would focus on Japan first leaving his U-boats to win the Battle of the Atlantic. The gamble didn't pay off.

I'm sure plenty of people are aware but the question relates to what was the future of the Balkans after a victorious war for the Axis, not what led to the initial Balkan campaign.

"hey look a faggot just posted this gif with us in it!"

Serfdom.

Every agreement Hitler signed, he honored it.

Hell, go to Serbia and Montenegro, and see how some roads, which the Germans and/or Austrians built, are still of high quality. Or, Germans building factories. I live near such place. Some Germans stayed in Serbia, married, have families. Still carry their last name, but are considered one of the nicest people. So, yeah.

Italy fucked everything up with Greece and Africa. And Yugo's, all they had to do was stay neutral, as per Tripartite agreement.

I noticed that russia-loving balkan countries like bulgaria and serbia were ignorant to the jewish problem, while in romania you find many closet anti-semites even today

I don't know about the others but Hitler was always warm towards Bulgaria and its people. He didn't even consider us "Slavic". Honestly, I doubt he even hated the Russians, I think he hated the Bolsheviks most of all and the Russians were just in the way of his Lebensraum

we have lots of anti-semites here, but jews are of so little relevance that nobody really cares too much either way.

what jews we had left for israel, those who stayed are trying to earn a normal living like the rest of us.
degeneracy is a problem, but even IF there are jews involved the solution is with the young, not against the people producing it.
and as for laws, economy and things like that, there's always corruption and there's always the EU supposedly telling us what to do, and we don't really have much to do with israel.

jews in the west are a much bigger issue than here. what are they like 5% of your population?

Hogy mersz ilyet mondani a mi 1000% fehér árja népünkről?