Hurr Durr God Exists or God doesn't exist

ITT: Post your evidence as to why god does, or does not exist. If you're an agnostic, or you simply lack belief either way, you can come join in by pointing and laughing at the idiots who can't prove anything.

INB4:
Transcendental Argument (Already dubunked, see here: youtube.com/watch?v=OrwzuXrlnxs)

Argument from consciousness (Also debunked, see here: youtube.com/watch?v=6M9E6hUY740)

Any argument that attempts to prove God using logic (youtube.com/watch?v=5wV_REEdvxo)

---

INB4:

Hurr durr God doesn't exist (Which God are you referring to? The Christian god? Muslim God? All ideas of God?)

An all powerful being is self-contradictory (Then an all-powerful God is impossible. So is a completely 'good' God. So on. Doesn't mean some spiritual being which possible made the Universe doesn't exist. Just means it's not all-powerful)

B-But if you can't prove God exi-- (The burden of proof is on whoever makes the claim. If you claim he doesn't exist you have just as much burden as someone who makes the claim he does exist.)

Other urls found in this thread:

rebirthofreason.com/Spirit/Jokes/332.shtml
partnersinthoughtcrime.com/the-sam-harris-argument-for-idealism-and-god/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>evidence
>god exists
You know the christlarpers on here are just larping right? Right?

Yeah. But I expect "God doesn't exist" is a stance a lot of Atheists actually have on here.

>If you claim he doesn't exist you have just as much burden as someone who makes the claim he does exist
No I haven't. As long as there is no evidence for him it's unreasonable to believe in him.
Also woth every scientific discovery we stray further from the need for god.
The point with materialism is it works. We don't know everything yet but so far nothing shatters the idea of it.

You just like christian culture and are too beta to say what you want so you seek an excuse to pretemd to believe in god

>christlarpers on here are just larping right?
Hahaha good one mister shekelberg

If I posted evidence, it is something neat I guess you know. Gotta think cellular creation but you're o with beyond in terms of spiritual.

Of course God exists, the real non brainlet question is who and what is God? What is his nature and agenda?

If you claim he doesn't exist, you need proof to back up your claim. That's known as the burden of proof. Imagine if I claimed I had a brown furry dog.
Now, there are three different people that respond.

user A: Yeah, I believe you have a brown furry dog.
user B: You might have a brown furry dog.
user C: You don't have a brown furry dog.

I have presented no evidence for my brown furry dog, so A is wrong. But it's still possible I have a brown furry dog, so C is wrong too. B, on the other hand, is correct on his assumption. Based on the lack of evidence, claiming I might have a brown furry dog is the correct standpoint.

When it comes to God, you seem to be taking the position of C. This is wrong unless you have evidence God doesn't exist. Which is why the burden of proof exists. You can't simply say "Hurr durr I don't have the burden of proof, just believe what I say" and expect anyone with a sensible mind to take you seriously.
---
In truth, it's not a he at all. She is my waifu, and she is great. Pic related, it's mai waifu.

My favourite one is Epicurs' argument.
It leaves only deism and atheism untouched and all Christians counter argue are meme arguments.

You are a faggot
I base this on your faggotness
Any god that includes you as a worshipper must therefore be flawed and not worthy of worship
Kys

I'm not sure about Epicurs' argument for skepticism and God, but I love his argument for death. Could you supply me with a link for his religious argument?

I'm not a theist. I lack belief in all Gods, because there is no evidence that I know of to suggest any Gods exist.

Welp. I've got to go to work. Cya trolls, be sure to have some healthy 'discussion' while I'm gone so I can come back to a barrel full of laughs.

It's listed as joke on this site, but fuck it. Quotation is correct.
rebirthofreason.com/Spirit/Jokes/332.shtml

I am an Atheist. I do not claim there is no god. My claim is that I was not presented with evidence that there is a god. I assert nothing. If you claim god exists you make a claim. The burden of proof is entirely on you.

>The point with materialism is it works
To do what?

I never understood why fedoras have such a hard time believing in God who they can't prove, but will instantly believe whatever a scientist says regardless whether they can personally prove it what is being said or not.
I sometimes wonder just how accurate the "(((science))) is the 21st century religion" really is, but I have to say the similarities are compelling

>Religious leader tells you what to believe and you accept it because of his position
>He's more knowledgeable than you in the field so you don't question him
>(((Scientist))) tells you what to believe and you accept it
>Xe's more knowledgeable in the field so you don't question xem
>"Where's your proof?"
>"God spoke to me and I wrote it down"
>"We came up with a theory and built a machine that validates our theory"
>"I want some physical evidence I can touch"
>"Here's a religious book. It was written by first hand experts"
>"Here's a (((science))) book. It was written by first hand experts"
>"I mean physical proof"
>"Here's a piece of wood with blood on it"
>"Here's a plaster cast of a dinosaur"
>"What about things that disprove your theory?"
>"Like dinosaurs? Fake news. Our files are sealed in the Vatican Archives. Sorry."
>"Like white people in North America from tens of thousands of years ago? Fake news. Our specimens are sealed in the Smithsonian basement. Sorry."
>"Are there distinct subspecies of people?"
>"Of course! God created them all though"
>"What an absolutely racist thing to say!"

Oh

>(((EU))) flag

Israeli flag every single time.

>debunked
>some dirty hippy that thinks (((logical fallacies)))
have anything to do with real logic

Gods existence is self evident by existence and its mathematical laws. You need the burden of proof when you claim who or what God is, but God as the eternal heart of it all is self evident.

Motivation.

>Motivation.
for what?
What is the purpose or necessity of the universe's existence?

I'm not philosophy major or something, we're getting it this year.
Why does Transcedental argument implying its first premise that God exists and why does first premise of argument from consciousness imply that nonphysical mental state exist?
Seems like good sophism or fallacy to me but again I don't know anything about it.
Can somebody clearify it?

I was borderline atheist and am still agnostic but faith and spirituality is extremely important. If you know that yet you need to read more history, psychology, and maybe even just watch some good movies on seeing the torment and the shit you try to fill the void with. I suggest A Confession by Tolstoy to start off with because it's such a short easy read. Start looking at communist propaganda, like real Bolshevik stuff. It all destroys religion and guess what is put in its place? Government. With capitalism it's money, greed, and celebrities. With atheism is weird forms of science worship, making fun of believers, and mixtures of ideologies. I'm a shitty phone poster but hopefully you're getting my point here. People need it, and im not talking about the subverted "bend over and let jews and muslims have their way with you" forms, or the cronies who milk people dry and live in their huge mansions and private jets while saying you must give them your paycheck for the Lord.

If you don't know that yet* and btw don't feel bad if you don't i only discovered the importance months ago, I thought humans were ready for moving beyond but we will probably never be.

A force that functionally is a God exists, but every religion I've come across on Earth is pretty much wrong. My proof is simply the way probability and uncertainty act on existence. It's all bigger than the human ego, but the human ego desperately tries to package the truth in such a way to avoid the unimaginable terror that true comprehension invokes. You will more than likely never "touch" God. I'm so certain of this that I won't even waste the time trying to prove it. Just go bury yourself in math books, fractals, power laws, complex adaptive systems, and probability until everything makes sense or don't. Unlike the Gods of most modern day religions, the actual God doesn't require you to believe in it to have an impact on your life, but pretending it doesn't exist just opens you up to the "acts of God" that will leave you curled in a fetal position weeping and asking "why?" You'll understand it when you're ready to understand and no one can force your enlightenment.

If you think God doesn't exist. Explain In N Out.

Only a faggot would take pride in saying "I'm not sure."
Sure, it's fine to say you don't know but your lack of knowledge or even opinion isn't something to be touted, troglodyte.

Man can be non-materialist and non-spiritual though, but now I understand the point. Thanks user!
It's more of a directing an average Joe to a right way.
The thing is you get the cancerous movements from it like creationists, young earthers, flat earthers etc. etc.
As much as it keeps men non-materialistic, it also creates dogmas, which are as equal problem.

Anselm's argument in Chapter 2 of Proslogion can be summarized as follows:[22]

1 It is a conceptual truth (or, so to speak, true by definition) that God is a being than which none greater can be imagined (that is, the greatest possible being that can be imagined).
2 God exists as an idea in the mind.
3 A being that exists as an idea in the mind and in reality is, other things being equal, greater than a being that exists only as an idea in the mind.
4 Thus, if God exists only as an idea in the mind, then we can imagine something that is greater than God (that is, a greatest possible being that does exist).
5 But we cannot imagine something that is greater than God (for it is a contradiction to suppose that we can imagine a being greater than the greatest possible being that can be imagined.)
6 Therefore, God exists.

Can someone answer me this?
I genuinely want to know.

I was a miracle once. Pretty mind blowing stuff desu
Also this

Saw* a miracle

What happened in this "miracle"?

Then prove youre not a gay black lgbt faggot then. Or do i have to be agnostic about it?
See how the burden of proof works? Its not up to ppl to disprove. The default position is "no god" not "agnosticism".

Im betting its smth inane like: "i saw mah baby boy coming out of the missus's vag. Human lyfe is so beautifooo user surely you believe in god now!"

Correct but its not all of it. Man has been spiritual and looked for purpose since the beginning. Even smart people are spiritual and its why I suggest Tolstoy , he and others have gone through all of what we are talking about. He even had a fedora tipping phase. I am trying to become more humble and not think I'm smarter than everyone etc, its not a fun existence thinking everyone's beneath you even if it's probably true. As I become more humble I think more on faith and ideals etc. Its super hard to describe but look into that book at least. Then if interested read some others and read Marcus Aurelius and Plato's Republic. Nothing is new, people have been questioning and arguing over this stuff for thousands of years.

I work with livestock and we have a cleaning system that gets run every few hours. Shit falls in, squeezes through tight spaces, gets compressed with air, and then a vacuum shoots it out. Nothing should survive in there due to that force or simply drowning in shit and piss. one day we had a stray duck family run in and scared all the cows, which just made the birds panic even more. They found their way out but one got lost and fell into the cleaning system. You can assume it's dead by this point but even after a full cleaning cycle it came out completely unharmed (aside from being dirty as hell)

There was a little more to it but that's basically it. I dunno how it sounds when retelling the story but it was pretty crazy watching it happen

The bible, torah and quran can be proven false and have been proven false many times. Wether or not there is something godlike out there (there probably is not) it sure is not making it's presence felt.

How is it selfevident. Please elaborate in detail.

deism is pretty much the only thing that keep me sane in this ocean of madness. Both religionfags and fedoras are dogmatic and irrational

partnersinthoughtcrime.com/the-sam-harris-argument-for-idealism-and-god/

>Deism
It's not 1782 anymore, Frenchie

I completely agree with that.
The main premise of skepticism is "I know that I know nothing".
People are not skeptical. People somehow think that "dumber" person can't be correct.
Arrogance is dangerous thing.
I will read that Tolstoy book after I finish King Lear. Thanks user!

So you believe that God still occasionally breaks his natural order.... to save ducklings?

Miracles aren't just extremely unlikely events, they're impossibility made possible.

Yes

He Works in Mysterious Ways™

Plebs. All of you.