Does Sup Forums tip, NBA player tips $13.97 for a $487.13 bottle of liquor, Yup it totals $501.1 he might of been drunk...

Does Sup Forums tip, NBA player tips $13.97 for a $487.13 bottle of liquor, Yup it totals $501.1 he might of been drunk.
Old thread died

I usually give one big tip every now and then, since I go to the same places all the time.

let's break it down:
$487.13
10% counted as wages by employer
$48.71
35% tax rate estimation
$17.04 for the .gov
actual tip: $12.87 because law requires you to go by the signed total not their bad math
Server PAID $4.17 to bring the dickface a bottle.

so the waiter brought out one expensive bottle of liquor and got 13 dollars for it? He didn't even serve them food or some shit? He's lucky to get anything

Why is this on Sup Forums? Take your shitty threads to Shitposting is funny, but creating threads like this should be a ban

What kind of retard math is this? Why would a percent of the total bill be counted as wages for the bartender?

niggers don't tip, I know a guy who's girlfriend was a waiter somehwere serena williams came in and run up a 100+ bill and didn't leave a penny.

I have a $5 minimum no matter what, but if over that I tip the normal 10% of bill. I did that in Europe too, even though people said that you're not suppose to.

Correct math is retard math huh? 10% of sales are claimed as tips according to employer and added as wages, on which you are taxed. I don't know of a bar or restaurant that doesn't work this way. They don't let you just put whatever you want.

It might be on Sup Forums?

Bullshit, the employer is legally required to pay at least the minimum wage equivalent.

Well that's just plain incorrect

yeah if its one bottle im not tipping a percentage.

I don't think you understand what I calculated. The server lost $4.17 on that transaction because he would have to pay more in taxes than he got as a tip, but yes was still paid an hourly wage I'm sure, but it was lessened by $4.17 for that hour if you want to think about it that way

>10% of sales are claimed as tips according to employer and added as wages
Haha how many years have you worked at this scam shack?

what part?

If you must tip, put the designated tip in an envelope and write "a gift for you" on it and hand it directly to the server. Employer and IRS can't get their grubby hands on it this way.

I live in L.A. My friends are bartenders and this is how it works. There is no other version.

>california
Holy shit shut the fuck up already nobody cares

Eat a dick cletus

fucking stupid ameritards allowing people to get away with paying criminal wages and then forcing everyone to pay them ridiculous amounts of money. the fucking laziest dumbest fuck in America can get paid more than a master chef just by bring people bottles. even if they're shit at it people still feel obliged to tip the fuck nuts.

Trump should outlaw tips all together. The liberals are going to be crushed.

tipping is the most cucked and goyed thing you can possibly do

Spic

Absolutely this.

>NBA player
>can't math

Yeah, I'm sure that nigger was just drunk...

so.... quit then and let the employer find someone who won't bitch about the negatives of the job while ignoring the perks (i.e. easy work for great pay)

>walk 25 yards
>get $14
>at that rate you make $8000 in a day

How is the server getting mistreated here?

You're the retards who implemented this dumbass system of effectively forcing people to pay tips. A tip should be a couple of dollars for people who do a good job and aren't cunts. Instead you get garbage fucks like this bitch who get paid $213 dollars to pour drinks and walk around a bit for 10 minutes. It's fucking degenerate and encourage laziness rather then hard work.

oh shit never mind fuck this kid

My point is that the server is paid incredibly well for the actual amount of work done.

Also everyone knows niggers don't tip. We'd always make the new servers take the baboon tables and find that out for themselves.

Tipping is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. That said, in Australia I've tipped, but its only to cab drivers that actually get me places on time or ahead of time.

Biggest tip was $20 AUD, around 15 US dollars, so that waiter can suck a dick really.

You're talking about allocated tips. If the reported tips are the same as the allocated tips (8%) you dont owe anything extra. You don't get double taxed on tips.

Exactly this. You tip people for doing a good job. Not because some corporate jew doesn't want to pay a salary.

because that user is a fucking retard

Here's a tip, don't get a job where you have to rely on charity to make a decent living.

it is customary to tip 15% for average service in my area. 10% for shit service.

one time i didn't tip at a starbucks ... just ordered a plain black coffee. they just have to squirt it out of the coffee thing and hand it to me. waitress glared at me like I just ran over her fucking dog. I never went back.

Fuck tipping, though.

>waiter brought out a single bottle
>expects a tip at all
>mad about getting $13 for walking to the freezer and back

lmao @ entitled servers

Who the fuck tips at Starbucks? Pleb tier.

It's like that "I'm gonna pay for coffee for the person behind me" shit. I always say "thanks for the free coffee" and drive off. If I wanted to pay for some niggers coffee I'd get a gf.

>10% for shit service.

jesus dude

I tip based on race and gender. If my server is a white dude, 50% tip. If an asian dude 40% tip. Everyone else gets a 15% tip because fuck you for ruining America. We would be better off without you Women, Niggers, Wetbacks etc

go to gulag for bad mathematics

Wait..You have to tip at starbucks?

What the fuck for? I have NEVER tipped at starbucks and I've gone there plenty of times.

>implying based contract work with extended pay through the consumer isn't classical capitalism...

>whining about getting paid $4.17 to hand someone a bottle

LOL @ servers. Your "career" has been an entry level job since 300 BC. Nobody except bar wenches ever considered waiting to be a long term gig. Tipping was started as a method to avoid taxes. Somehow between 1930 and 2017 servers feel entitled to a Tip, which previously was a way of skipping the bill and pocketing the cash directly, usually at a 30% discount.

If a server wants to start offering me a discount of 15% or more on the meal, then they are entitled to the 15% difference.

Until then. Get a real job you Alt-Left / Shareblu deadbeats.

it needs to be stressed the nigger was out celebrating the signing of a $30 MILLION dollar contract.

he also lied about being "handed a bottle". no bar hands you a fucking bottle. it's service..you get chasers, ice, service, a spot to chill

who gives a fuck

We tip when given extra-ordinary service, going above and beyond sort of thing.
For just doing your job - no, we do not tip, nor should we.

How much do you think you should be paid for bringing someone a single bottle?

No its not expected to tip anywhere but restaurants and even restaurants there is no law that you have to tip

That's pretty shit bro. Most of these guys don't earn anything but their tips. I mean I'm all for getting rid of tips but they'd need better pay if we did that.

>i do the bare minimum my job requires, i deserve money

The only time I tip is if they go above and beyond

I tipped my Chinese Cook $20 once, at a sea food restaurant , I go there every week, so why not. Also found a hair in my order once?
Still easier than making it myself....

>Order $50 bottle of wine
>Waiter brings bottle and glasses
>Serve ourselves
>Expected to tip $10

>Order $100 bottle of wine
>Waiter brings bottle and glasses
>Serve ourselves
>Expected to tip $20

>Waiter has done the same work in both cases

Some waitfag please try to justify this to me.

It's only a matter of time until waiters are replaced by automation. Amazon already has robots that can go and fetch items from areas in their warehouse and bring it to a central location for shipping. How hard do you think it would be for them to pop RFID tags under tables and equip a robot with a serving platter that the cooks load up with food to bring to the appropriate table.
Chili's is already heading in that direction with their tabletop tablets that allow you to order items, refills, and pay your bill.
Servers better stop complaining because they are - this - close to being replaced.

You know it.

Japan figured this out ages ago.

Companies are really shooting on their leg with that tipping. Why aren't they paying their employees a living wage and adapt 'no tipping' policy? Then the workers would not be stressed out and costumers would not be stressed out of something that was originally purely volunteered and not expected.

Is this a female thing again? They get used to get something even when they didn't deserve it and it makes them expect it from there on or they get mad.

If you were an owner and had the choice of paying your employees or letting the customers pay them which would you choose?

What's the problem? You only tip on food, not on alcohol.

Servers in the USA would not accept a normal working wage for their unskilled labor. The amount they make in tips is way more than what they would make if they were making the appropriate amount for their unskilled labor. They just like to whine a lot.

No tip for bad service, and if a waiter tries to stare you down you should do it right back. Token extremely low tip for terrible service. If no service is required, no tip. If it's poor but not enough to personally insult them, or they just plain don't really show up (you can usually distinguish busy from lazy), I'll just throw down a few small bills that I have.

If I'm happy with the service I'll usually try to round it up to an even dollar somewhere around 10-15%. I guess if I was at an expensive restaurant which expected more than just a few bucks for the tip but the service was just average, I might go ahead and leave a 10% on the receipt against my better judgement.

You don't have to tip, period. It's polite but there's no rule that says you have to be polite.

Faggot you serve one bottle = one minute and you think you deserve 15% = 75 for a minute of work . GTFO faggot !!

Every time some idiot waiter/waitress posts some receipt on insta or twitter it's always fake. Either it's a bullshit tip or the person wrote "nigger" or some shit on it. It's always the same thing, just some idiot kid looking for their 15 minutes of fame and free gibs. It's always fake, always. If you believed this kid's story for even a second you're a fucking idiot.

You think someone would actually do that? Just go n the internet and tell lies?

>he might of been drunk.

No, he's just a nigger.

>10% counted as wages by employer
I was a table jockey, and fucking NO.

tipping is so fucking retarded

Why should I tip? Tipping is optional.

Isn't my prerogative to save money when I can? If I can give someone money, or not give someone money, isn't the reasonable thing to do is not give the person money?

I gotchu desu senpai famalam

this

i can maybe understand a full dinner, minimum soup/salad, main course, desert + drinks

but handing over a bottle and expecting more than a buck? get the fuck outta here

Niggers only ever tip $5 if the service is good.

Something doesn't add up here.

I'm a retard

are you supposed to write the cash tip in that box too or is that only for the credit card tip?

Maybe my waitress is just the retard.
She didn't give me the credit card receipt to sign fill in and sign until after she had already swiped my card and took off only the price of the meal

I think left a cash tip
I didn't write that on the receipt.
Am I supposed to?