Thoughts on this guy?

Ted K had pretty interesting insights in Industrial Society and its Future. But he is an idiot if he people will engage in violent revolution for a worse living standard. Commies still exist because they think they will get a life of ease and comfort on the other side to a revolution, whereas ol Ted tells anarcho- primitivists outright that a primitive society is going to be pretty bad in a lot of ways.

The only way people abandon technology is a blackswan event like a massive plague, nuclear war, or a Carrington Event solar storm.

Other urls found in this thread:

editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/104495239/
scribd.com/doc/296487035/Unabomber-Letters
genius.com/Unabomber-the-danger-of-leftism-annotated
youtube.com/watch?v=AqyvhnZ9QUk
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MK ULTRA is a hell of a drug

at least you got a reply this time, op.
here's a pitty bump.

I read a bit of his manifesto
He was right

Zero sympathy for idiots who throw their life away. Yes his Manifesto had relevant ideas about leftists but the whole technology thing is just silly. Sure, people are disconnected and selfish and addicted to social media. But technology has made life a million times better. Just look at Africa, that would be paradise to him if it had a bit more trees. We make of Aborigines for a reason - living in a "state of nature" and being blissfully ignorant doesn't make our lives better.

Thanks. Nice digits btw.

Biggest autist on earth. Extra ordinary intelligent, but only used it to kill random people with zero political effect.

>5'1

MANLET

Umm... mate?

>But he is an idiot if he people will engage in violent revolution for a worse living standard.

Worse by what measure? You do know that working 40 hours a week was virtually unheard of before the (((Industrial))) revolution?

>Sure, people are disconnected and selfish and addicted to social media. But technology has made life a million times better.

GUYS SURE PEOPLE BECAME BASICALLY MENTALLY ILL AND ARE DESTROYING SOCIETY BUT IT'S ACTUALLY BETTER

fucking imbecile

kek is kind to those who are kind to him

Sustainable living is the only realistic way to implement the plans of Prophet Teddy. I haven't finished his manifesto.

So was peasants living past 40

>Worse by what measure? You do know that working 40 hours a week was virtually unheard of before the (((Industrial))) revolution?

Sounds like someone has been reading leftist cultural anthropologist books.

From Ted's perspective its better to have a life of freedom and dignity than a long life and avoidance of physical pain.

He didn't kill random people, he specifically targeted 4 types of people: Government officials, scientists/engineers, university professors, communists.

the ultimate redpill

Actually five because he also hated CEOs of large organizations.

his thesis are not applicable until a major purge of humanity happens and we recover the population levels we had right after the last glaciation (1.5M-2M)

Yeah nah youre fucking retarded. People lived just as long. The average life expectancy was so much lower than today because of crazy high infant mortality rates due to disease, infection, lack of medicine/knowledge of how disease works, etc. We're talking about a time where people thought flies sprung up from rotting meat magically and didnt understand it was actually from flies laying maggots in them.

People lived just as long, if not longer. It was just a matter of surviving childhood - the bulk of mortalities occured between ages 0-10. If you made it to adulthood you were pretty much set.

>he bought the life expectansy meme

Go check death rates for Gen X and Millenials. We're going to be the first generation that will not outlive its parent's en masse.

you'd know that if you weren't a fucking indoctrinated retard who think the present human condition is better than anything.

damn son

wew

The reason why people don't have meaning in their lives is b/c they are low IQ plebs who don't create their own meaning. We live in an age where you can start an asteroid mining company, produce human brain augmentations, create virtual realities indistinguishable from our own in terms of sensory input, unravel the mysteries of the very small and large scales of the universe, are in the process of creating intelligence, have a feasible shot at understanding how our brain achieves consciousness, have the potential to colonize other planets, and have unparalleled fertile ground to explore the mysteries of mathematics. I hope all the unfulfilled ever-complaining gibs-sucking hoi polloi start a primitivist rebellion so we can reduce population numbers and get rid of people holding back the potential of mankind.

Ted was 5'9 you natural born shitposter.

what a filthy commie

I do not think Ted ever said the world population needed to be in the low millions for his beliefs to work, though I could be wrong.

You wish bugman. More likely we get UBI and you will be taxed out the ass to pay for Tyrone and Ahmed's 30 kids from a dozen women each.

Ted hated leftists dummie.

>Poles are stup... wait

As far as I am concerned he was a saint, and was absolutely accurate in his assessment of the modern world and it's effects on the human psyche. I have nothing but words of praise for this wonderful man.
Everyone on Sup Forums ought to read Industrial Society and its Future right now.
Here is a PDF:
editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
>The only way people abandon technology is a blackswan event like a massive plague, nuclear war, or a Carrington Event solar storm.
I disagree with this. There is the option of a serious anti materialistic and anti technological movement. Every generation finds a reason to rebel, to a point where it seems like a biological function. If we survive until the generation who grew up in the depths of the modern internet and smartphones grows up, we might see such a movement begin. I pity them and the broken minds and souls that they will have in their early adulthood, but that might be our hope.

Link related is a mini bio of Ted:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/104495239/

And here is a collection of letters he sent from prison:
scribd.com/doc/296487035/Unabomber-Letters
I hope he's having a nice day today and isn't feeling too depressed about his captivity..

/thread

Still if you aren't Sup Forums in the modern age you are a fucking illiterate.

No contradiction between being Sup Forums out of necessity and wanting to not have the necessity to be Sup Forums. I mean that's the whole point of the first part of the manifesto.

He might have gone too far in a few places but he's still right about everything he wrote

>On Ted's memories of the experiments he was involved in

>"When my brother's federal public defenders asked him about the Murray experiments, he characterized his participation as "the worst experience of my life"."

On why Ted decided not to quit the experiment

>""In that case, Ted, why didn't you quit? Why did you keep going back to the lab, week after week for three years?" "I wanted to prove that I could take it," Ted explained. "That I couldn't be broken."

Damn.

This guy was a robot before robots existed.

>yfw they broke him

Wow killing scientists and university professors is so revolutionary, he could be a second Pol Pot.

His intention was to be remembered so his manifesto would be read and noticed, which it was. So he achieved what he was set to achieve buy those killings, which can't be said about a lot of other lethal ideologues.

Digits checked. However, his infamy has also tainted his ideas, however, Obama literally had an advisor Valerie Jarrett) who said Mao was one of her two favorite philosophers despite him possibly being one of the three greatest mass murderers of the 20th century (why she was never attacked for this I can not understand).

The point is that his ideas are seen as bloodstained and taboo to anyone aside from the edgelords here at pol a lot of whom unironically admire Uncle Adolf, whom is now the secular Satan of the modern world.

Ted was right and his predictions will most likely come true judging by how things are going so far

Take the Tedpill

People keep posting this small bit from his manifesto about leftists. Good job missing the point of his writing, or did you even read it?

But what is better, to be tainted or forgotten? His manifesto is powerful as hell. I personally was in shock for a while after reading it, and I feel as if it has changed my life. I believe that he took the best course of action a man in his situation, and with his past could take, not to mention that violent resistance can be tainting in the eyes of some, but can also be an exciting show of strength for potential revolutionaries. Also I think that a day will come when some talented sperg will re package his message in an undetectable way and spread them again - but the most important thing is that the ideas live on in some form.
All in all I can't be very angry at Ted for his retaliation against the monstrosities he suddenly saw all around him. I can't imagine how it feels to have such an enlightenment all of a sudden.
>why she was never attacked for this I can not understand
Because her party was in power as well as in control of the media.

What's your point user? He still said it, it's not taken out of context. No ones denying Ted didn't have other ideas. You're retarded desu.

Yes he wrote it but its a side point to the message he was trying to get across. I don't know about that poster but people quote it here from a right-wing point of view, as if Ted was on their side

>he is an idiot if he people
^^ nice and ironic.

People post it because it's a good critique of modern liberalism. No ones claiming this is the only thing he wrote, pretty sure he criticized cuckservatives too before it was cool but I may be confusing him with GLR.

Yeah he criticized conservatives and any kind of authoritarianism really, I mean I guess the closest you could get to describing him would be as an anarchist, though he criticized them too. Maybe green-anarchism? Its hard to put him in any category

His description of leftists is the least interesting part of his manifesto. He's right about practically everything and we're screwed. Conservatives are idiots. How can you expect people to care about the future when almost all of them will move, leaving all their friends and family behind just to find a job?
This disconnect between people, the atomization of individuals, isn't because of leftism. It's all because of industrialism. You see it everywhere, and not at the same time. It isn't an idea or ideology that spreads, it's just adopted because it fits the circumstance. It always perfectly coincides with the industrialization of a country, the urbanization, that people grow lonely, unfulfilled, lose life's meaning and embrace relativism or nihilism as they stumble miserably through life. It's not liberalism. It's not that city people are a different breed. They're just symptoms and I see no way we're getting out of this.

Dude the average life expectancy has risen dramatically over the past 100 years thanks to advances in medicine. There was a point in time where the average life expectancy was around 30-35. Humans didn't live until their 80's in the middle ages or even during the industrial revolution.

>tfw we will be unable to get rid of the Boomers

See also John Zerzan

Identifies both the Left and the Right as pointless shitstorms that achieve nothing, other than self perpetuation and continued industrialisation/oppression/hierarchy that always promises a better tomorrow that never arrives.

Why haven't you swallowed the primitivist pill, user?

The closest he could be described as is an anarcho- primitivist and even then he has criticisms of them.

>The reason why people don't have meaning in their lives is b/c they are low IQ plebs who don't create their own meaning.
This so much, needing to be spoonfed is just excuse ridden bullshit by defeatist cucks whom suffer limited experience because they refuse to invest in discovery of both the world and self. Dedicate yourself to something simply for the sake of seeing how far your potential goes, life becomes really fun after you get past beginner steps of whatever it might be or just make excuses and drown in degeneracy.

Halfway through. He's pretty much right from my perspective.

As far as I've understood him (up to now) he's neither authoritarian nor anarchist - in a sense of NO ORDER, BITCH ! - but much rather an anti-technocratic primitivist. You could maybe say "paleo-anarchist" - as in "no big state shit an shiet".
But that's just my interpretation.

He basically saw the degeneracy coming before the worst of it. Hes absolutely right that technology has rapidly increased the rate of society becoming a terrible hell of rapid change that further increases the size of the state and degeneration of morals and traditionalism.

Maybe a whiny little bitch? Nah, just kidding, his theories are very insightful especially compared to other more well-known modern "philosophers". Too bad he was driven insane by the government and ended up killing people.

Ted didn't phrase it this way, but I think he believed in a natural order. Basically, humans are meant to live a certain way and need certain things to be spiritually satisfied. Sure, industrial society provides lots of wealth and empty pleasures, but it grinds down on the human spirit. It's almost a form of trans humanism because its taking humans and subjecting them to these inhumane machine-like conditions, it's like training a monkey to entertain people. The monkey will be happy because it's well-fed and housed but it will have mental issues because monkeys are not circus animals. It may snap, and some animals don't even breed in captivity. I don't think he was an anarchist per say, but he believed our current society was pushing humans into roles that are not human.

TLDR; Ted wasn't an anarchist per say, he just thinks industrial society destroys the human spirit and thinks a less-populated, more natural society is important.

>dedicate yourself to surrogate activity
>diminishing returns
>what could possibly go wrong

His analysis of leftists and leftism is spot on and has yet to be refuted by any scholarly work that I have seen.

genius.com/Unabomber-the-danger-of-leftism-annotated

>modern life is meaningless
>invent fake meaning to distract you

See , Ted called this "surrogate activity"

Even in biblical times if you made it past infancy you'd be expected to live to about 70.

It's actually fine for kids to die too. Asthma, diabetes, autism, and the weak in general should be allowed to die since Their genes are faulty.

He's a one in a million genius who spurned intellectual developments and decided to reinvent himself. You're not going to find any more inclusive label that fits than Teddy Kaz. He's so far removed from the average person, or even the average genius, that he's condemned to being utterly alone. It's not so strange he'd identify that as the main problem, or recognize way ahead of time that that is where society is heading.

You can't fit him into a label. That implies there are people like him, people who think like him, and there aren't.

Meteorite/Astroid defense would be useful desu. Meteors have struck the earth and caused extinctions before. Also space war is long overdue.

Yeah pretty much. With the exception that he did not deny utility of technology per say. I think the point is basically that humans need to adopt slowly, thus, the "technization" and industrialization happened at a rate way too fast for the human mind and body. Technocracies that grew only for the matter of self-preservation, which is why humans need to be oppressed as a whole "by the system", because every bit of real freedom poses a threat to the system.
That's why he said freedom =/= being granted to do something that is simply not having negative effects on the system

I think that's a very good summary of it.

>Kazynskism

Allegedly Adam Lanza was interested in his types of ideas. Don't know if he re-invented them or came across Ted's manifesto. Also this is an aside, but Sandy Hook was sketchy as fuck.

Did he think it would be okay to adopt industry slowly? I actually don't remember that but it's been a while since I read his stuff.

Something else to point out is that technology =/= industrialization. For example, you can build a car without an assembly line. In the very early days of cars each was assembled by an individual, which is much more fulfilling than snapping on a part to most.

You can still have technology without this autistic obsession with efficiency that we have in modern days, where we're willing to over schedule people and treat them like machine components that can simply be chucked aside and replaced once they're dulled by their work.

Which is why I said "I think...". I might've interpreted him false, but I'm also just halfway through as I said.
But he didn't speak about adopting industry, which wasn't my point either. Technology, nontheless, was developed and misused in such a high rate that it's development simply became a cause in itself. And I truly think that this obsession with efficiency etc. is nowhere to be stopped except when you have a societal and industrial reset and the new developments would be done ACTUALLY for the sake of the people themselves, not for the sake of people being drones.

But on the other side there's no way with massive overpopulation and the ongoing destruction of the planet - not even by greenhouse effect, though it plays a role, too, but by the literal eradication of resources and landscape to harvest those resources - there's no way of saving us.

I admit, I don't see an out. Not an easy one and not a hard one. Because all the little technological helpers and the delusion people are being fed from birth to death that they're free and shit, basically prevent any real "Revolution" - in a sense of benefiting humanity and not like dirty commies think.

addition: This doesn't mean I'd give up. Far from that actually. But at the moment I don't see a solution. But I don't want to ride the tiger, because it's just a huge illusion as well

I think, Ted was an extremely intelligent man, but also so much of a kind soul he was driven insane just being around normies.

But he was right about so much.

Well put. Ted calls that "the power process".

There is not one path of technology, there are many, but one might be the only right one - and it's not the path we are on. Our technologies and ideologies are anti-nature, anti-spiritual and anti-human. youtube.com/watch?v=AqyvhnZ9QUk

I don't know how relevant this is, but Volvo used to do something similar to this under the guise of "workplace enrichment".
They'd shuffle workers about so they'd get to work in all sort of parts of the assembly, so the work would stay relatively fresh and people wouldn't grow too miscontent with the tedium of doing the same single step for 40+ years.

Workplace enrichment at large runs contrary to the earliest thoughts on industrialization, that specialization, repeating the same one thing endlessly, would result in increased efficiency. I'm not trying to sell you on "workplace enchrichment", just note that even soulless companies can see that treating people as just cogs in a machine doesn't work.

It's imho just as bad, because it's mere make-believe that you're actually doing something interesting and fun while slaving away for said 40+ years. Basically it's an "only happy drones are productive drones"-thing

Thank god for progress, now they can just fire them and hire a new batch, all with PhDs.

The infrastructure is strong but it needs driven humans to run properly. I think you're right that the system has everything it needs to keep going, but I think degeneracy and social problems could potentially cause collapse.

A few things that make our society unstable:
>An increasing number of angry, purposeless men who are no longer guaranteed a decent family as long as they work hard. Women are decreasing in quality and realize they can abuse beta men and we see things like /r9k/ and PUA shit on the rise.
>broken family structures cause an increase and crime and gangs
>a lack of any common goal or morals for social cohesion
>nihilism and a "why should I even care about everyone else?" mentality
>shit tons of immigrants

The immigrants are a mere symptom of running the thing. The problem - how I, personally, see it - is that technocracies exist to exist. That is, with ongoing "efficiency-hype", people reproduce less, because they live for the system. I believe this will just be the same once we're replaced by enriching muslims and the like. Once the system is running, they will just adopt the slave-lifestyle (in lack of a better word) and eventually stop reproducing as well. That is, if they would reach a state where their "system" is as developed as ours right now, technically speaking. But that's just an assumption.

But yeah I think that the ultimate problem is a lack of "traditionality" in trade for financial success technology. In the end people need alignment to goals of category 2 (hard work, high reward, sometimes failure but it's ok). And I think a form of traditionalist religion could actually take people back on track - be it a conservative form of christianity or an actually non-degenerate form of Germanic heathenry or whatever. The point is to not oppress people as they are being thumbed down now, but to give them something to incorporate. Basically "God", or: a uniting cause on a smaller scale, if you will. Because humans are hierarchical animals but we also need "REAL" achievement instead of emptyness in form of status symbols. I think Yuri Bezmenov described it pretty well. People need God in order to not feel worthless.
I mean just look at modern movements. The technocrats' God is efficiency and profit. The atheists God is science. The autocrats' God is obedience. And all three are practically the same in modern day society.

addition:

That is to say, I'm more a tribalist. I do want smaller units, because once people actually have to take care of themselves and work exclusively to sustain themselves, their families and maybe a small covenant - which isn't surrounded by literal 10000 other covenants at the same time as in urban life - then humanity could actually prosper.
Because technology itself is nothing bad. Roman aquaeducts were awesome shit. But the transformation from "hey this is actually quite nice and actually benefits humanity" to "yeah fuck that rainforest, we need the palmoil to sustain the people ridiculously cheaply, because without people the system dies" ultimately killed off life. Literally. Up to a point where new technology is infact created to sustain actual technology and the system.
Now pair that with usury and you have the modern world that literally runs on delusion and "human gears"

*sends a bomb to your leftists*

Basically he was right and we're fucked.
Embracing technology will screw humanity over and abandoning it will fuck over your life prospects.

i thought the description of surrogate activities was apt but then i realized id rather jerk off to vr porn than have to have a rabbit death eating shrubs.

he was alright until he joined CNN

Yeah, true

Breivik was right too, but when you start killing random innocent people, that doesn't matter any more.

Good stuff user, I really wish more people would care about this sort of thing. The "alt right" actually has elements of this in it which I like (getting back to traditionalism and nature). There are elements of this in the left too but it seems like their original intent has faded and now they use environmental problems for political power/clout (ie let international agencies regulate you because global warming).

I generally agree with most of his views mostly about the left, the power process and the psychological suffering of modern man.
He's probably right about technology enslaving the people.
However the revolution he proposes will lead to major shitstorm, fighting for scarce resources produced by low-tech and possibly even extinction of human.

I certainly do think that the right should be more careful about modern technology and we should start considering environmental dangers seriously too (I think Ted didn't write about this much I just mention it because it's semi-related). These things are too important to leave them to leftist feefees.

17 is god-tier

the whole text is available on many internet websites, stop posting these images you retard

>"geometric function theory", not even ONCE

How does one avoid cocktails? Do they use their shields? I wonder if the armor is flame resistant.

Also thanks for posting the letter. I thought it was interesting