Mars

Space. The final dick measuring contests...

"American boots on mars" - M.Pence (2017)
^ Due to this statement and the White House goal of getting a man/woman onto the surface of mars. How realistic is the 2016-2028 time frame? And more importantly is the United States of America going to be the first on Mars?

- (US) SpaceX: manned mission 2024.
- (RU) RFSA MARPOST: manned mission 2021 - 2030.
- (EU) ESA Aurora programme: manned mission 2033.
- (US) NASA Vision for Space Exploration: manned mission 2037.
- (CN) CNSA (Yet to be named): manned mission 2040-2060.
- (UK) SpaceyMcSpace: manned mission 2018

Follow up questions,
- Will M.Pences statement speed up progress in the space race?
- If the US is not the first on mars will they be eternally BTFO? Like suicide watch levels of butthurt? Will we mock them at levels they mock us for the moon landing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylon_(spacecraft)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_(spacecraft)
youtube.com/watch?v=HCt1BwWE2gA
youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw
youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also to any Africa-Americans who may be reading, are you fine with a white male being the first on mars? You should preemptively protest now to make sure you're fairly represented in the manned missions.

This could be the greatest shot at getting your equality. If the first human on mars is black it'll send a BIG message.

Also sorry if I missed out any planned missions, this is just a shortlist of the most realistic (imo). feel free to expand this list or correct anything.

Also just to clear something up,
"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind".
This achievement goes beyond any nation, independent from which ever nation achieves it first. It's our moon landing, and our mars landing.
He didn't say "That's one small step for America", this is the difference between science and government.

>long enough to make a convincing fake
I predict Truman Show on "mars"

Ahaha true, with today's technology 100% realistic 4k footage could be forged in a few months.

>SpaceyMcSpace
Seriously?

Fuck that. They don't deserve that AT ALL.

If anything, the first manned mission should be a team of one American, one Russian, one European and one Chinese, and they should make sure they all set their foot at the same time on Mars.

Niggers have barely contributed to space exploration and all the scienc and knowledge that was required prior of that. They do not deserve that collosal privilege at all. Thousands of white and asian people will not work and billions of dollars will not be spent just to make niggers feel good about themselves.

Fucking gag on a cock

The space conquest belongs to libertarians only. States will be left to rot on earth.

No, just banter ;)

The UKSA is however planning on building a space port by 2020, we are also planning to make this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylon_(spacecraft)

I agree with this statement, also the flag should be the United Nations.

Why the hostility?

(((Space))) is Fake News. Trump & Pence should spend more time and money on fixing our social problems and buidling The Wall.

Dafuq

I agree with this as well, a lot of research can be done with unmanned machines already on the surface and also in orbit. Earthlings should concentrate resources on fixing problems, space travel is a luxury.

- The Earth orbit around the Sun at 108,0000 km/h (70,000 mph). The Earth rotates around its axis at around 1600 km/h (1000 mph).
- It's actually 0.665ft since the curvature is 7.98 inches.
- Earth axis tilt is 23.5°

None of what you said is true.

those are supernova remnants

Whoops too many zeros 108,000 km/h orbit speed around the sun.

You can actually measure this with a friend in another country because of parallax.
This is what we do at the moment to measure these sort of things:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_(spacecraft)

What if I told you it is flat.

Notice how Gaia is an ESA project. Checkmate NASA ;P Why can't Americans compete with this? (joking)

Or you could use a telescope instead of a cam that can't focus further than a few km.
And before you cucks say telescopes are made by them, you can build a telescope yourself.

Also anyone want to BTFO all the countries and independently get there first? We could take a shit on the surface and on the return trip steal the US flag from the moon.

Looks legit to me

Colonizing Mars is a horrible idea. No atmosphere to protect you from solar flares. One hit and you're ash.

This is why it's gonna be amazing to watch. They day we fuck up and leave dead bodies on a planet is gonna be glorious.

youtube.com/watch?v=HCt1BwWE2gA
I bet they regret sending the scientists with the thick 'Murica accents. "Ya'll need to see this moon, I'll tell ya hwat."

No they are stars as seen from the ground.

Thye look like this because of atmospheric turbulence. It's like when you watch a lamp fro the bottom of a swimming pool.

>mph
>feet
>flag

Retarded post of the day.

Ok first of all the atmosphere does very little to protect us from solar radiation. The most important factor is Earth's magnetic field that Mars lacks (or at least it's much weaker than Earth's). Second of all do you really think that the scientists and engineers working on Mars colonisation haven't considered that? There are lots of proposed solutions and eventually the radiation problem will be overcome.

>is the United States of America going to be the first on Mars?

We're the first (and best) at everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw

youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

I know it's not a documentary but I think this is probably the best way to get through to you.

>The space corps was founded officially in 1948 utilizing many scientists aquired from Germany under Operation Paperclip.
>NASA was established as the public front to space travel.

NASA = BS

We're fucked by the eye in the sky. They can start throwing thunder at us like gods soon and they'll do it for all the bad reasons. We waited and enjoyed life and now there won't be any left.

Space is not real. The world is flat.

The moon and mars are two very different beasts. NASA doesnt have the funding for another manned moon mission let alone a mars mission.

Even if the world is flat whatever is above it is space.

I guarantee the first person on Mars, if its lets to the United States, will be a nigger, a tranny, a woman or some other creature with a deformity just as a kick in the balls to white people.

The first people on mars should be a black man and an 18 year old blonde female.

A white 18 year old blonde female*

Nobody cares. You don't think it is strange we have not been back to the moon since 1969?

You have homework to do. Lots.

It's hugely expensive to land on a rock thats millions of miles away and there's no incentive to do it now.

This is true, it's like going from crawling to running. Don't you feel that due to current political mood of the US that mars will be a top priority no matter what?
- India/China slowly catching up, will eclipse as super powers by 2020.
- The US national debt sky rocketing
- No longer being the leader in the free world
Doesn't mars seem like a good last stand?

We haven't been back because of unmanned missions. Why risk your scientists when you can risk a replaceable computer? It's not so much the reason to do it, just the statement it makes, like the moon landing.