What do you honestly think should be done about disabled people who cannot work?

What do you honestly think should be done about disabled people who cannot work?

if they arent dead, they can work

They should be cared for by their families and communities. If they're not, they should be the only people eligible for government gibs as they truly can't do anything about it. Guidelines would have to be set in place to make sure people don't fake or abuse it.

Depends on how disabled. Most minimum wage jobs can be done by most disabled people. You'd have to be really, really retarded, to not be able to just fill out captchas or some shit (which is worth at least some small wage).

As for the full on retards that may as well be vegetables, this is one case in which abortion seems justified

Today may be the first time I agree with a leaf.

There needs to be INCREDIBLY SPECIFIC guidelines. Those who can't walk can still type and do other useful things, for example.

My cousin married a woman who has these extreme food allergies. She has to have a really specific diet or she'll die. Somehow, this means that she gets insane amounts of money from the government. I don't understand it.

Fund biotech research so there are no disabled people.

i dont care what happens to you.

Some cripples can work, if they're wheelchair bound they can still sew can't they? Have them work in a clothing factory

This

All this science fiction is a meme, open up the factories again a cripple can work there, after the Great War they even taught the blind soldiers how to make wicker baskets

Have their families take care of them.
If they can't, well, bad luck.

Most of them are lying.

i work with a quadriplegic accountant that uses dragon dictate and puts in his 40 every week.

Doesn't it take a certain brand of uncompassionate autism to say "bad luck"? I understand you dont know these people, but I'm sure you could find some way to empathize.

>overpopulation
>automation
Get used to people not working

Have you ever passed a man on the street begging for money and not given him anything? If so, you might be an autist.

I understand what you're trying to say, but it's fucking retarded

Good argument.

Basically what I was saying to you

Grind them up and feed them to the homeless working population.

used in biomedical and industrial products testing

You're a hypocrite, and when called out on it you lash out like a child. But don't worry, most people are similarly irrational.

It depends on what quality of life is sustained, but generally

thats for their family to decide

Well you're obviously too smart for this thread. Moving on

There should be communal funds that people opt to pay into

You get sick, you get funded by the community to pay for it

As such, there should be some sort of communal fund that people can willingly donate to, like a gofundme/patreon per person or something

my idea isn't fleshed out too well

taking 25 dollars from each person a year to support the invalids? I'm okay with that honestly if that'd work.

People that can't work should be obligated to volunteer in a meaningful way, for instance a man with no legs or arms can still go down to the library and read to kids twice a week for his 'wages'

for those even worse off, catatonic vegetables etc, I'm divided. We need a matrix like machine for those poor fools with an IV hooked up so they can just live in peace. Or just end their suffering early. It's a weird issue

Give them free money forever so I can get paid for having scoliosis.

If they have a missing limb like an arm or leg but are mentally fine they can get help. But people who are mentally ill and honestly have no future they should just be put down. They are useless. Alot do you don't like the truth but welp sorry. Not all humans are equal simple as that

They should be cared for because we're not animals?

I don't support murder, but prolonging their life unnaturally at the same time seems wrong.
People who are crippled can do a lot to help, you mentioned reading to children, well why not tutor them as well?

This argument brings up a lot of philosophical/scientific issues, but I understand your opinion

"People who cannot work" are a VERY small group. I was once talking to a Danish with a family full of fucked up people, but all of them kept working. His mother had a fucking aneurysm or something, took a few years off to recuperate and then got a job adequate to her newfound limitations.
My solution would be to support the VERY FEW who truly cannot work, and give strong benefits for the industry to hire the slightly bigger group of people with conditions that REALLY affect their ability to work. The goal is to avoid giving free money as much as possible, milking the system needs to be fucking difficult to achieve.
The problem with my solution is, of course, that qualifying criteria will tend to get more flexible with time, so we could end up where we started.

i receive a disability pension for schizophrenia so i'm pretty biased about this issue. i feel very pathetic that i am actually so braindead that i technically qualify as disabled.

but then i think about the people i've met who receive the same pension for 'depression' alone and i feel like maybe i'm actually on it for a half-decent reason.

isn't everyone depressed?

Depression and being depressed are two extremely different things. Depression functions on a biologal level, physically and mentally.
If I were you, I wouldn't receive money for mental issues, and then begin to cast stones at others desu.

you don't think i already know that first-hand?

thanks burgerbro

You literally asked

>Guidelines would have to be set in place to make sure people don't fake or abuse it.

Make irreversible sterilisation (verified by a doctor who servers the government) be a condition for receiving gibs.

This'll scare off the fakers (without needing extremely stringent conditions that might exclude legitimate disabled people) and also acts as a form of eugenics. Most genuine cripples/retards/crazies don't want to reproduce anyway.

I'd much rather give gibs for non-working people who take themselves entirely out of the gene pool than contribute to any sort of benefits/services for any people who make children.

Their parents' burden.

No,because some of those are professionals and bring home tons of guilt money but dress up as a hobo to rinse and repeat.

Idk what kind of house you grew up in, but a good amount of parents are shit

There's a lot of problems with that argument, which is why I didn't draw it out

I actually love this