>love churchs
>like catholic history
>like the tradition and asthetic of the church
>unable to believe in god and believe the bible is bullshit

should i just pretend to believe?

Take your underwear off

>you will never be this autistic/small minded

Life is good

No, but spend more time around Catholics or Protestants, maybe you'd ease into it.

I second this

The bible is not meant to be interpreted literally

i did that but it didn't help

It's fine, there are plenty of people who did not believe in god, but found him just before they died, like Charles Maurras for example.

>Protestants
those guys are faggots though catholics are better

I'd imagine most of the people in church on Sunday don't believe in God either. it's never been about God, mate.

>he thinks religion is about god

S P O O K

just become a nihilist like me and then choose what you want to believe.

You can approve of their traditions and moral codex without believing in god.
A fuckton of Christians in the Western world nowadays don't believe in him but instead just think that Jesus was a normal guy with a good message.

faith is a supernatural virtue given by God, it doesn't have to do with your "ability" to believe, you are "unable" to believe because you are evil, you have such great evil will and are so darkened by your sins and the slavery of the devil that you cannot cooperate with the graces God sends, and as such cannot have faith

since it's a virtue, you can pray for it, and by steadfast prayer you can, by God's grace alone, be gifted with faith

the light of reason CAN and should, when properly applied, under the guidance of virtue, the clarity of purity, lead one towards faith (however it is not the cause of faith, that's a rationalist heresy), but when you are mired in filth and impurity your reason is darkened greatly, no matter how intelligent you are

I recommend you pray 15 decades of the rosary every day, with specific intention for faith and to know the truth (look at St. Louis de Montfort for guidance here) you can start with Hail Mary's and Our Fathers for simplicity, and it has to be daily.

>Matthew 7:7 - Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

I warn you, none of the "social" structures that exist are safe to be a part of in this time. Essentially every "christian" entity that exists is heretical, apostatic, especially the Vatican 2 sect (what most people externally consider to be the "catholic" church). If you are to abide by the faith truly you will find that the world is at its death throes and most desolate era, the abomination of desolation has come into full effect, and it would be best for most who truly want to abide by a christian life to live in the wilderness (go innawoods, sooner rather than later).

The people that say that for "most" it's "not about God" are correct. For most it's about family, friends, community, social interaction, and this is the main motive of "faith" in almost all people.

as long as you you recognize the importance of religion it doesnt really matter if you believe in god or not.

Read summa theologica. Start praying every day.

Summa is more of a reference manual than a casual read.

As a starting point for more casual reading I'd say St. Augustine's Confessions.

Religion is not about believe or faith for smart people.

For smart people, religion is about values and control of the masses.
Someone smart does not truly "believes" in god, angel and shit.

>>love churchs
>>like catholic history
>>like the tradition and asthetic of the church

you can legitimarely love this stuff when you consider that it was mostly made by simple craftsmen folk and not the faggots in power.

everything the church has actually belongs to the folk. thus you are worshipping the power of european culture.

Fuck off, kike.

Smart people believe in God.

In my opinion, he first needs to develop an intellectual deistic viewpoint, as a beginning.

the beginning is prayer, you cannot obtain a supernatural virtue by mere natural mechanisms and operations of the self

I respect christianity as one of the main founding element of western civilization in the past but let's face it this religion is retarded and virtually all christians today as huge cucks who shill for third world invasion into Europe and white countries. Also christianity is basically proto communism

> secular France, Germany, Sweden take in shitload of refugees
> catholic Poland opposes them, takes no refugees
> bishops from Middle East oppose immigration to Europe
But sure, christians are the problem.
Also, you're wrong about the proto communism.

Yes. I can't agree more. You have to combine it both, since the mind is the lower part of the spirit.

With a short-sighted materialist opposition of his mind it is impractical.

Some classic authors can believe in God without resorting to faith (Aristotle for example). They are invaluable in converting rational atheists.

>catholic Poland opposes them, takes no refugees

IN SPITE OF what the pope and catholic clergy say

christians want open borders and negroes all over the place because this is exactly what the bible say. You can find no trace of support for ethnic nationalism (except for the chosen people) in this desert jewish cult that is christianity

i know that same feeling op. I want to believe all the same

when I was moved out of decades of atheism, initial deistic movements derived from years of studying molecular biology at university was important, even before I started to pray, so yeah I see

yes, you should.

virtue can be acquired through imitation.

once you start ACTING the way you admire, the rest will follow.

I guaranteed that you believe more ridiculous things then could be found in any religion already. The world is awash with absurdity and incoherence, why would the supernatural order of the universe be any different and why would it be any harder for you to believe in than any of the sundry lunacies that underpin modern society?

Have you ever read The Rights of Man? Do you realize how patently absurd the assertion that people are entitled by nature to anything else? That is far more ludicrous than that the universe had an origin and that that origin is some sort of entity. That's all the belief in God is. I find it almost implausible NOT to believe in some sort of first mover, since the alternative is logically impossible.

As for any particular religion--who cares? The point of religion isn't that it's perfect or true, it's that it guides your life, and supplies your spirit with the necessary victuals of fulfillment. Simply believe. It was easy enough for me. Go read some John C. Wright.

btw sagrada familia will finally have ceremonies
each sunday in catalan, castillan, english, french and italian