Sup Forums literature thread

Currently reading this and for something written in the 70's its frighteningly accurate about the future
>9 billion population
>mass homosex
>degeneracy and violence rampant
>Europe has become a shithole
>Society is supported by the smart few
>Jobs are rare and the vast majority of the world exist on welfare

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marching_Through_Georgia_(novel)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_from_the_Stars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just finished pic related.
Loved it!

is it well written?

>feudal civilization that's divided into two social classes based on eye color (light-eyed = nobles)
>culture and society based heavily around gender roles and etiquette
>engaged in a genocidal war against a race of crab-niggers
>docile crab-niggers are kept as slaves by the noble class

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marching_Through_Georgia_(novel)

every burger should read this

>union army veterans run away to africa
>build nation based on slavery
>fast worward
>draka dominion vs III reich

This is a book set in the most important event of the 20th century from the perspective of one of the greatest soldiers in all history. Everyone should read this.

You forgot to mention that every one is black in that series.

Why are you racist?

Dark Matter is good

The sequels sucked. Forever war is god tier.

The Way of Kangs is what it should be titled then?

if you like philosphy

anyone have this in epub form? can only find it in pdf

Great book. Don't read the sequel.

Or, yeah, read it, the ending is the most lulzy writer's block fuck-you cop-out shit I've ever read in my life.

For something really Sup Forums related, read Camp of the Saints.

Not OP, but yeah. Its very very well written, lots of hard science in it too. The main charecter goes on a military campaign and due to relatavistic physics ends up being away from societey for decades at a time. By the time the war is over its been almost 1,000 years since it started for everyone else back home but its only been like 15 years to him.

Basically he gradually ends up an alien among his own people who become hyper-leftist gays who regard him as a straight white heterosexual male to be a near abomination.

Basically the one world government began encouraging then enforcing gay relationships as part of population control and end up reclassifying heterosexuality as a mental disorder. As absurd as that sounds the way its written and comes to happen actually makes a lot of sense and seems plausible.

Really reccomend anyone to read it. Its not just an interesting read but its an awesome critique on our societey.

if you like philosphy

>black

??

Every one else is. Even God is. Only the Vedens and the Shins aren't.

Loved that book, it sure was scary future.

But you should read Alastair Reynolds's

Blue remembered earth
Blue Remembered Earth takes place in the 2160s. No more violence or crimes, unless for show, no more mental illnesses (no more homosexuals or other degenerates), no poor people and those who cant fit in the society, can choose to genetically alter themselves and live as a mermans under the sea in sea colonies.

Or they can escape to the moon, which is now artists "hideout".

Everyone has augmented system in their heads, so no more language barriers or deaths from accidents.

It is in a way a deream future, but the book still points out a lot of stuff.

can't help you sorry

sounds good, i'll read it cheers

a.pomf.cat/asgnuy.7z

sounds very similar

The Camp of the Saints

some user recommended this last year, most powerful book, must read for anons.

I heard a lot of crap about Evola and his post-modernist philosophy

I really enjoyed the hyperion cantos. It took friggin forever to get up to speed but once it did it blew my mind. Just the sheer scale of it was pretty mindblowing. Definiteley not one of those easy reading softcore series you can finish in a week, gotta do a lot of thinking to read it. Its kinda like Dune minus the shitty hippy nonsense and 100 page long plot derailments of mystical musings and pointless exposition.

are audiobooks ok?

Kek, I can't wait for book 3. Re-reading way of kings now.

my man

In 2001 the Southern Poverty Law Center described it as "widely revered by American white supremacists and is a sort of anti-immigration analog to The Turner Diaries,"[16] and as recently as October 2015 condemned the novel as "the favorite racist fantasy of the anti-immigrant movement in the US."

he is literally the best philosopher out there. he fucking demolishes Nietzche, Sartre, Heidegger etc. if you read Evola you don't need to read other philosophers

What do you guys think of reading multiple books at once. I'd like to do more reading, but sometimes I get bored reading the same book and would like to read one book for an hour, take a break, read another book for an hour, take a break, read another book for an hour. Do people do this? I see no reason someone shouldn't, but it feels like something that isn't done for some reason.

Just finished Ender's Game, it was fucking great. Are the other books in the serie good?

I'm full millitary sci-fi now. I think i'll read the forever war next, it was on my list for latter anyway.

It's not as retarded or implausible as Turner Diaries though.

It's not even overly racist either.

Enders shadow is pretty good. Tells the same story but from bean's point of view which actually ends up being better than ender's game in some ways. The rest of the series after that really fuckin drags on and on and on for no real purpose.

read better books

or maybe you are too stupid for reading those books

If I had the attention span to read a book, I wouldn't be here. Fucking nerds.

This is a stupid response

i was just wondering that, i'm early into the Karamazov Brothers right now and it'll take me ages given my poor reading habits. i might read something a bit lighter in between. why not try it user, it's not like there's a right way to read books.
though unfortunately Jesus just took a dump on you

>Ender's Game
felt like it was written for 15 year olds. am i missing something?

is that the shriek? cool af

>bought Forever War from flea market
>get home
>open the book
>it's a misprint by the publisher and the book is actually Larry Niven's Ringworld, but in Forever War's covers

Ree?

Try audiobooks if you find yourself getting bored of reading?

It's OK. It's not the best I've read. A better read is the Enderverse.

Ringworld is good stuff, so 20-25% Ree?

We by Zamyatin.
Good dystopia novel written in the form of a personal journal. Everyone is a number. Everything is done on a schedule. Sex is rationed and controlled. The world is controlled by one massive super state.

If you want a good laugh then read that Shattered book about the Clinton campaign getting btfo.

No one touches Nietzsche, you filthy literary peasant.

>bitch saying mista to be pc but it just sounds sassy to his primitive ears

I usually read three books at the same time.

One for the bathroom which currently is The Wolf of Wall Street.

One for my commute which is The Pity of War at the moment.

One for general reading or before bed which is Fatherland.

Ender's game was good because at the time it was written all scifi military commanders were stalwart chizzel jawed zap brannigan types who always won everything with no effort and had no emotional depth. "Tactical geniuses" were kinda stupid (AHA! you never expected me to be hiding an entire fleet behind that planet!)

Ender is a charecter with emotional depth and who actually has to use real intellect. My biggest beef with the series is that they go too much into the metaphysical mystical crap. Especially with the later books in the series it just kinda turns into a Dune knockoff with crazy emotional trippiness and space mysticism for no real reason.

Read this two summers ago,

Changed my entire perspective of what i thought i knew about war and violence, It also showed me some men just have an inherent ability to not give a shit about the things around you.

I couldn't imagine seeing the things Ernst and other WW1 vets experienced, but god damn, these men didn't complain once.

The rest of the Ender series is much different from Enders Game. It's good, it covers different issues and the Pequeninos are bros, but don't expect military science fiction, that chapter of Ender's life is over.

Ender's Shadow and onward are excellent, but the high technology is left in space... It is a military and political drama that focuses on characters and politics. It's worth your time.

Larry Bond's "Cauldron. ". Germany and France VS. US and Poland/ Hungary. Also Starship Troopers.

Despite Holden being a massive cuck, The Expanse series is a great set of books. The character writing is good, the detailing is excellent and the science and combat are on point. I churned through the series in a couple of weeks.

Haldeman was a leftist, read Heinlein instead.

I finished reading The Camp of The Saints a week or two ago. It was a pretty interesting read, but the final 3 or so chapters genuinely made me angry about the fates of the Old Man, the few French soldiers left, and the imperialised Indian and his mutual friends. Despite the ending, it offered a somewhat exaggerated outlook on third-world immigration, and the sheer obliviousness of the leftist characters towards the Refugee Fleet was quite funny.

>reading fiction
kill yourselves

>I couldn't imagine seeing the things Ernst and other WW1 vets experienced, but god damn, these men didn't complain once

This is why I can't stand the defeatist attitude so many faggots on Sup Forums have. Europeans have been through much worse situations than what we have currently, its way too early to give up.

Especially with Americans being so defeatist. They literally have a constitution that enshrines their right to stop what is happening in their country and they do nothing about it.

If I remember right they where supposed to make a movie based on this but it's stuck in pre-production limbo. Plus with the liberal mindset nowadays they would fuck it up to meet the jewywood narritive

That's it, man. You have to stay in until the very end. The kids that give up while playing a game of 40k make me sick. You can always pull it out of the fire, you just have to apply yourself.

God is dead and Julius Evola revived him

>genre fiction

Sure defending western culture there guys! Keep it up!

To each their own. I kinda felt everything after enders shadow was just pointless universe building to capitalize off of the success of the first two books.

Old man's war does this pretty bad too.
>old people who volunteer are taken from earth, given new advanced nano augmented bodies in exchange for 10 years of military service fighting against dozens of hostile alien races
>book two is about a super soldier special operator who differ from the old people with new bodies by being 100% fabricated for war and never were real humans to begin with.
>rest of the dozen books in the series are basically intergalactic C-span. Trade disputes, diplomatic missions, etc etc etc

I mean yeah, its well thought out and kinda makes sense but who really wants to read an entire 300 page book about diplomatic negotiations and paperwork surrounding a territory dispute where two races tried to colonize the same planet?

Its a big trap major scifi writers make I think. They make 2 or even 3 really good books then lapse into endless universe building and exposition instead of actually building a compelling story.

dont get me wrong it was still a good book, i read it in a single sitting, but i could only do that because it felt like it was written for teenagers. i often hear adults praising it and it confuses me.

trips of truth.
>it's not all the death that depresses him
>not the constant falling bombs that ruins his mood
>it's the rain
i think he did give a shit about the things going on around him, but he underplays it. several times throughout the book he mentions that his nerves are shot and that he experiences some intense panic or shock or terror, but he moves past it quickly and you just breeze past it.
it's the same way that he rarely mentions shows of cowardice from his comrades, or dishonourable acts from his enemies. his companions are stalwart, and his enemies are handsome and brave. he was somehow capable of keeping a profound attitude throughout the entire war, and he rarely let himself become cynical or demoralised. even at the end of the war when he recognises that the Germans are doomed he doesnt become depressed. after having been surrounded, shot through the chest and only just escaping he's still desperate to return to action. knowing that Europe produces men like that is heartening.

my man Howard was too pure for this world

That exaggerated look ended up being less extreme than reality. Our rapefugee fleet consists not of docile poomen, but of barbaric muslim bandits and negroid apes. The french author surely knew of the real moslem and african threat, why did he feature Indians instead?

Kill yourself you dumb nigger this book is literal, unironic communist propaganda. If you're too dense to see that then please kys.

Its most certainly a young adult novel. I read the series when I was 16 and thpught it was the shit. Reread it as an adult and didnt think it was terrible, but it is as you say, very obviously written for teenagers.

But what else is new? We got 30 year olds running around using harry potter books written for junior high students like some sort of psuedo-religious text.

Nietzsche was a confused cuck like most of the intteligentia of the last 500 years. he could see some truths but he couldn't articulate them because of his lack of understanding the transcendent

Where is your respect?

>(((Haldeman)))

I get off on the details senpai. Not only do I want to know how the United States Colonial Marines pacified Beta Regulon XXX, I want to know if the poon is sideways, how much it cost the lads to find out, if it is mighty cold and what kind of pension they get.

You disgust me in your ignorance and your unjust hubris.

You've never read a single word written by him.

This one might be a little too hard for normies who never ever heard about Gurdjieff and the 4th way.
In search of the miraculous is a better book to start.

>Captains and the Kings is a 1972 historical novel by Taylor Caldwell chronicling the rise to wealth and power of an Irish immigrant, Joseph Francis Xavier Armagh, who emigrates as a penniless teenager to the United States, along with his younger brother and baby sister, only for their parents to die shortly afterwards. Joseph Armagh befriends a Lebanese immigrant, and both are taken under the tutelage of an American plutocrat. An inter-generational saga focusing on the themes of the American dream, discrimination and bigotry in American life, and of history as made by a cabal of the rich and powerful, through Armagh's attempt to make his eldest son, who eventually becomes a senator, the first Catholic President of the United States.
I read it years ago and thought it was pretty good. Not sure how I would feel about it now.

Its a good book that does a very good description of AI lead space combat in which biologicals are just in the way

yes

Im not trying to be THAT GUY on Sup Forums but Ive been blown up by 3 IEDs and had a truck blown out from under me by a rocket. Been in something like 37 gunfights. Its very much the military mindset to just kinda get over shit. Its like stoicism on steroids.

I remember in afghanistan thinking to myself "god dammnit this 6 hour gunfight wouldnt be so bad if IT WASNT SO GODDAMNED FUCKIN HOT!" Looking back on that time in my life I realise how absurd such thinking is. Its just where your mind ends up after horrifying traumatic event #14 this month happens. You kinda just get jaded and start shrugging shit off most folks would find unbearable because it becomes the new normal.

just fucking read Evola on Nietzche and then come talk to me

It was written in the 60's or 70's and India was much, MUCH worse off than it is today and the muslim/ African population boom hadn't happened yet.

the moon is a harsh mistress was pretty cool desu

Dude no.
Read starship troopers.
TFW is just a response to it and is antifa as fuck.
I really wish that ST would just hurry up and happen. I wanna rek chinks with my slavbros and burgerbros then form the based terran federation.

Just read this, very good

No you weren't being stoic, you just accepted the absurdness of fighting in a foreign land for absolutley no gratitude from you fellow Americans, you sir were an absurd hero.

The problem with the rest of old man's war is its not about the marines kickin ass and takin names in an endless loop (if it wasnt entertaining then 40k wouldnt be so sucessful.) Its about pudgy middle aged diplomats arguing about how much space tea they should be allowed to trade or filing injunctions agains the bear people of wyvern 5 for settling a planet humans wanted to settle.

Its just pointless and boring and only exists to sell books to the fanbase so they can compete with eachother on how much of the universes trivia they can memorize. I like ongoing series that are actually interesting, but I really feel some scifi authors get bogged down trying to describe shit that doesnt matter and nobody cares about.

one day bro

Damn straight son

that's fair enough then, i've probably just been too autistic to notice that people praising it are doing it in context of it being a book for younger readers.

that's pretty great user, good on ya. deus vult.

Tavistock Institute - Estulin

Camp of The Saints - Raspaille

Submission - Houellebecq

Rules for Radicals - Alinsky

The Grand Chessboard -Brzezinski

By way of Deception - Ostrovsky

The Doctrine of Fascism - Mussolini

Tragedy & Hope - Quigley

Origins of Totalitarianism - Arendt

The Decline of the West - Spengler

The Great Degeneration - Ferguson

Considerations on France - de Maistre

Anything by ~
Mishima
Junger
Evola
Heidegger
Orwell
Huxley

There's more but if you haven't read these at least once then you're fucked.

so you think that the message of an author he conveys in a story has little worth?

I grew up hearing about fighting the japs in the pacific and killin commies in korea from my elders. Just wanted to have a good cause to fight for. Instead I just ended up spending 8 years in some shithole for no reason.

Got free college, but its really more of a curse because listening to these 18 year old twats lib-splain how the world they havent been to yet works is fucking excruciating. Its like listening to a toddler explain that babies come from storks sent by jesus to mommies and daddies who prayed hard enough.

Thats what happens when you live in a well-off country, cultural smugness I call it. Its the pardon my Rousseau talk but that is the way of the bourgeois

Its cause prometheus kinda bombed, everyone jumped ship.

They virtue signal so others pay attention to their insignificant life, like a thot post (look at my new underware while exposing her breasts

>mass homosex

State sponsored and endorsed to control the population while being straight is abnormal and "treated".

These people or more like their state of mind; being, exist because we as a society have become content with the status quo. we are reaching the era of decadency which is the symptoms of a dying civilization.

Seems pretty red pilled to me... too many similarities in modern society.

I recomment this book

Written bo most famous polish SF writer, you could say he is polish equivalent of Asimov.

Plut summary: astronauts return from few hundreds long interstellr journey. They found out that all humanity had their agression instincs farmalogically removed (by ((ONZ))) ). They are physicly unable to harm other person.

While wars and crime are completly gone, so is curiosity,yerning for adventure, exploration.

Noone even gives a fuck about their return. Space travel is sonsidered a waste of money, one of fanaberies of people from old times.

Shut up gypsy

Weren't they all clones by that point

thats just one culture
you should check out malazan book of the fallen
same, havent been so excited for a book in a long time.