How can we get Millenials to buy homes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cwhLueAWItA
youtu.be/BIP5Q_svpEM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Consumer_Price_Index#The_hidden_change_in_prices_of_housing
bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2016/11/24/average-american-household-income/93002252/#
sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/72507
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Raise the minimum wage.

Decorate the houses with My Little Pony.

I don't know, you tell me.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=cwhLueAWItA

Release a boomer-specific plague so they all die and all the properties they've invested their pensions in so they can rent them out at sky-high rates go back on the market

I'm buying one next year. I live in a cheap state (Alabama) and will be looking for one in the 150,000 to 200,000 dollar range. I've got 50,000 in savings.

lower the price

>Kill the boomers sitting on the jobs that can actually afford homes.
>Stop funding bullshit degrees.
>Put an upper limit on tuition that will be funded by the government. (private schools that cost $30k+ a year to fund football programs can fuck themselves)
>encourage trade jobs as well as 4 year degrees
>tax second, third, fourth homes heavily (they just inflate markets by creating artificial demand that won't actually be utilized)

For starters.

I suggest a revolutionary new home design for the Millennial generation.

Modular pods deployed in fields just outside town. Kind of like a futuristic caravan park. We can have a central node transmitter for data/wifi and regular bus/autonomous car rental services into and out of town. All you need is a double bed, a shower, a basic kitchen with microwave (Millennials don't cook remember). We can also discard tv and phone lines.

Through responsible parenting.

Something like this?

/thread

Yeah that's the basic model you pay more for additional modular floorspace

Build out new attractive cities

I was going to write a post about how millenials can easily be convinced that refusing to buy a home is racist and/or misogynist, but given that this current trend is rooted in anti-semitism which is exponentially worse, I'm not entirely convinced millenials would care. It would be like telling a serial arsonist not to play with matches.

Build a home with cheaper materials and less luxury features, allowing you to sell it for a lower price.

whats that? biodegradable coffins?

Can't. Would break building codes and local laws.

Google fema coffins.

>Encourage them to see a credit counselor
>Inform them of available resources for new home buyers such as FHA and RD
>Slap them with a massive fist of reality that they can't afford to own property in metro centers (if they don't make a reasonable income for it) and that driving isn't the end of the world

They're FEMA coffins so if there's ever some enormous epidemic that leaves millions dead there aren't just corpses rotting in every street.

I grew up in a smaller home in Iowa, USA. My parents had mortgaged it for 40k (this was back in 1980. Later we moved to a different town nearby. A few days ago, I drove by that same house and the sign says 170k. Yet, it's the same color, same roof, same garage.

LOWER THE PRICE if you want people to buy.

You know, I've actually seen this idea being tossed around on /jp/ before, back when they used to have neet generals. Basically, there is this company based out of London that makes micro-homes that are about the size of a small bedroom, and a handful of anons had talked about forming some kind of commune where people could bring their own cubes and just live there for a small fee, almost like a trailer park. It was a really fascinating thread.

Wipe out their mortgage-sized student debt

And this is contingent on millennials never having kids right?

the only reply thats relevant in this thread

>falling for the house meme
>not living on a narrowboat

Doesn't surprise me, house cucks

Free accounting services. Or force them to take some budgeting courses.

Pricing has been inflated and availability diminished by boomers and foreign investors buying up all the cheap starter homes and converting them into expensive flip properties or rentals.

The housing situation for millenials is only going to get worse over the next decade.

$40k in 1980 is $125,826.74 adjusted for inflation, and believe me, $170k isn't that bad even for a small home.

By telling foreign investors to fuck off and stop inflating the housing market with their ill-gotten chink money

>Not living on a widebeam

KEK
U
C
K

Except you know... Time is quantized in planck seconds, not centuries. There's an entire continuum of time in between hard times and strong men that many people will have to endure and not survive.

>Lower the price
Lower the price

The plan was contingent on /jp/ never having a girlfriend or even a job.

Size all residential properties bought by non primary residents and/or foreign nationals. Also make residential real estate speculation illegal.

He's also implying no maintenance has been done to it also. In almost 40 years.

I don't want some ugly bread and butter shitbox, I want a luxury home.

>getting stuck in tunnels

wide fags never cease to amaze me with their boats

170k is bogus for Iowa though. I can pretty much get a brand new house right outside of one of Louisiana's metro areas for that price and Louisiana > Iowa
And this.

I remember Sup Forums had some house threads long ago.
Post some comfy small houses!

Or just discourage them from blowing their money on useless college degrees.

This

youtu.be/BIP5Q_svpEM

Well we do need doctors and engineers.

PAY YOUR STUDENT DEBNTS

this, third post best post

>house prices increase massively
>cost of tuition increases massively
>incomes stagnant for 80% of the population
>student loan debt service retards purchasing power for years
>job security diminishes
>jumping jobs fucks up your credit
>moving frequently fucks up your credit
>can't buy a house without credit (mortgage) or mommy/daddy money

yet boomers still insist on calling millenials lazy for not playing the same silly jewish games they played (except now with a fuckton more interest), despite most boomers not having saved enough for retirement themselves and therefore holding onto their jobs partially due to spending above their means and taking on debt and lifestyles they couldn't really afford without credit

Crash the housing market, with relatively few survivors.

The vast majority of college graduates here are pursuing useless degrees. The only reason they're in college is because "it's just what you do after high school." It's turned into adult daycare.

The worst part is that these idiots graduate after 6 years, can't find a job with their Social Work major, and feel entitled to not pay their loan back.

Keep cities from continually jacking up property taxes through inflated valuations and charging homebuilders "impact fees". Stop that kikery and you are halfway there

There are other things that can raise the value of a home besides maintenance. Amenities such as big box stores and chain restaurants opening in the area, or crime rates rising in surrounding neighborhoods, could have caused the price of the house to go up since the time user had lived there with his family.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Consumer_Price_Index#The_hidden_change_in_prices_of_housing
In 1983 the CPI benchmark was changed to no longer include the cost of real estate purchase.
Also 170k is still 36% beyond the expected rate of inflation.
Also the (((CPI))) represents a basket of consumer goods which include electronics which in case you haven't noticed a computer that cost 8000 dollars in 1980, you would have to pay somebody to take off your hands today. An entry level home desktop computer is easily well under 500 dollars now. And the CPI swaps between products which share the same purpose. So for example, if beef goes up in price, but pork goes down, the CPI will be calculated with pork instead of beef. Many food prices have also changed wildly outside of the CPI inflation rate.
For example in 2002 a dozen eggs cost me 1 dollar. That same dozen eggs now costs me almost 3 dollars. CPI predicts the price should be about 1.31 right now. So fuck you inflation shills who don't understand fuck all about economics.
The economic benchmarks are bullshit designed to put retardedly short-sighted and inaccurate talking points into the mouths of useful fucking idiots like you.

1 post by this ID.

Average income 1975 (adjusted for inflation 2017): $61,065.

Average income 2017: $34,940.

Minimum wage 1975 (adjusted for inflation 2017): $9.86.

Minimum wage 2017: $7.25.

Sources: >bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

>usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2016/11/24/average-american-household-income/93002252/#

Ackchewally, they're coffin liners.

Tell millennials to stop eating avocado toast for 17 bucks a pop.

>jumping jobs fucks up your credit
>now with a fuckton more interest

You know how I know you're underage?

>How can we get Millenials to buy homes?

How can we get Millenials to buy dates with girls?
How can we get Millenials to buy electronics?
How can we get Millenials to buy their education?
How can we get Millenials to buy wedding rings?
How can we get Millenials to buy wedding dresses?
How can we get Millenials to buy an expensive wedding?
How can we get Millenials to buy an expensive honeymoon?
How can we get Millenials to buy a car?
How can we get Millenials to buy another car?
How can we get Millenials to buy a trip to the maternity ward?
How can we get Millenials to buy diapers?
How can we get Millenials to buy strollers?
How can we get Millenials to buy cribs?
How can we get Millenials to buy vacations?
How can we get Millenials to buy jewelry?
How can we get Millenials to buy marriage counselors?
How can we get Millenials to buy health insurance?
How can we get Millenials to buy divorce lawyers?
How can we get Millenials to buy happiness?

High interest credit of course!

You would literally have to restructure the entire economy, which won't happen outside of a total collapse, which also equals mass murder and genocide. In other words, it's irreversible and you're fucked.

If the prices go down I will. I have 40k in savings right now but the price of homes is inflated imo. I'm ready and willing to buy.

my mexican millennial co-worker was trying to buy a condo for about a year. he even went under contract a few times but each time something would happen with the loan process, i.e. they would appraise the condo for too much lower than the agreed price or the seller would just back out due to the amount of time it was taking to secure the loan.

he ended up just going back to renting. he rents closer to work, in an area that he couldn't afford to buy in, and rents out the second room on airbnb where he has almost constant demand. i think it ends up supplementing more than half his rent.

look here
College or no college, incomes have flatlined while house prices have more than doubled

Is there any data that suggests the incomes of blue-collar workers or tradesmen has increased 1:1 in line with house prices? Even if you skip college and go straight into trades, you are still going to be taking on a bigger mortgage and paying more interest.Potentially, there may exist a small minority of people who will say "fuck that" and remain in their parents' basements playing video games forever

The solution is very simple. Halt all immigration. Our current domestic population growth is wholly unsustainable as it is. Add in the immigrants and of course you're going to see housing costs rise.

>133020427
then force them to get a useful degree.
Either way, the world will no doubt require their qualifications if a job provider can find a job using them.

Lower housing prices for christ's sake. That's fucking all. I hear midwest and east coast fags complaining about 100k-250k for a home and laugh. The average dump home in CA is 450k. A fucking shack with a yard the size of a parking space in the ghetto is 450k+. The only people is see with homes are the elderly that have been sitting on their homes for 40+ years.

Or millennials could just move to a smaller but economically stable city where homes are significantly cheaper.

I'm buying one this month. 230k for 1900 square feet.

They've already got an army of useful idiots waiting to stop that from happening.

I was referring to the third post, not my own pic unrelated image

also pic unrelated

Lower housing prices. Especially for Europe.

Here's how much a shitty 2 bedroom house costs in Ireland.

sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/72507

omg millenials are fucking killing literally everything

where are the fucking shekels, goy!?

you know how the old saying goes - there's only so much blood you can draw from a stone. They'll probably move to China or India next

If you consider that the average interest rate on a mortgage in 1980 was 11%, I'd say prices have remained fairly stable.

The real problem is idiots who take jobs in large cities without factoring in the cost of living, then moan when they're paying half their salary towards rent in a 2 bedroom apartment. These are usually the same idiots with useless degrees who moan about how much debt they took on while "living the college experience."

Are you, by chance, retarded?

00o0o looks comfy AF

People didn't typically mortgage 90+% of their homes value back in 1980. Hell, it was pretty normal to be able to save up and buy a home without a mortgage back in those times. Especially since you could net 60k/yr working in a factory back then.You're a fucking retard useful idiot if you believe anything you just said.

The first step is to convince Millennial's to get married, then they will move out of the basement and buy a house.

I'm 26 and just bought my first home. Not everyone is a manchild. I worked since I was 15, I majored in STEM and graduated at 22 and I had done internships. I worked my fucking ass off while you nerds sat inside and played WoW or runescape, smoked weed etc. Its called hard work and getting a degree that is in demand. Now at 26 I drive a car more expensive than your parents while most of you are in your 20's still living at some sucking mommas tit.

1) Jobs are located on cities

2) Houses/Apartments closer to cities are more expensive due to more demand/ less availability due to population growth

3) There are cheaper Homes further away from the city, however you need to drive back and forth every day, or use public transport

4) You buy a house to fit a family with children

Therefore, since nowadays people have less disposition to have children a small apartment near the city suffices their needs, furthermore they don't like public transport or having to commute every day

===============
SOLUTION
===============

Make commuting less undesirable

Modern shuttle buses with comfortable seats each with their own table, Wifi, maybe snacks, so you can work or enjoy your time commuting instead of sitting down doing nothing, so commuting 30 to 60 minutes a day won't be a drag if you enjoy your ride

High end companies are doing this, you get to travel with people you know and less with random strangers

yeah, and i pay almost 8k in property taxes a year for my 200k home. the homes might be cheaper but then you get fucked with property taxes.

Build new ones with affordable materials.

People made bigger downpayments back then

Also, there was more job security and you didn't need a $20,000 (min) degree like you do now to be considered for even entry level office jobs

I'm a space ship captain and I make 6 gorillion dollars a year. I worked hard for it. You're a NEET by comparison. You should probably go hang yourself now.

Join military. Use post 9/11 GI bill to get a STEM degree. Come out of college with no student debt and all that tax free housing allowance you saved up while living with parents. Use saved housing allowance to buy house. Use degree to get job.

> But military bad

Then become a debt slave and rent your soul to a landlord you filthy degenerate.

You'll die miserable.

People were trained for high tech jobs at the expense of the employer back then.

Fix marriage laws. Homes only make sense or are affordable in dual income relationships and most men are smart enough to not want to fall into the marriage trap. A man who gets married and buys a house is almost guaranteed to lose that house when(not if) they get divorced.

i'm sure it's nice to have mommy and daddy get you internships.

>Ph.D. in Math
>any job I want
>$300k starting

u are liek a little babby

remember when baby boomers could afford a house after working a few months as a plumber or an electrician?

What you said want higher taxes and Communism after all that hard work? lol Shut up faggot before you regret running your mouth about your material possessions.

there were many things boomers could do that are impossible now

Not him but it does effect it indirectly. Lenders ask how long you have been at your current job and position, and use that in conjunction with your credit to determine borrowing ability.

Lower the fucking price. Your 2 bedroom piece of shit property isn't worth 400k.

They did conventional mortgages, which is 20% down. Calling me names doesn't deflect from my point. High interest rates always drive down the value of homes because they raise the cost for purchasers. We've seen the inverse happen since the fed began giving away loans a few years back.

that pic and muh sides

Except you're looking at it wrong.
>population growth
In a balanced society/good economic situation would lead to more jobs. The problem is that manufacturing jobs have all been outsourced. So only the service sector increases, but that's only half the story as far as increased consumer demand goes. And on top of that service industry is easy to automate. When's the last time you actually dialed a phone and talked to a human to order a pizza? When's the last time you actually wasted an hour going to a department store? You can just order that shit online now and at the amazon depot a single mexican does for 5 dollars an hour what used to take 20 sales associates being paid in commission. and even if you do prefer to go shopping in person you can often look up exactly what aisle the goods you want are in so you aren't derping around a store.
So the population growth isn't creating jobs the way it used to. They should stop importing people and put everybody responsible for or who has ever said anything positive about outsourcing manufacturing in front of a fucking firing squad, but then say
>haha we were just teasing. No easy way out for you assholes.
And then slowly torture them to death in the most agonizing ways possible.

They just average your past two years of job history. Sometimes changing industries is a problem, most of the time it's not, they just don't give you any leeway on your DTI. Changing companies within the same industry is never a problem.

>since the fed began giving away loans a few years back

ya and they just blew another giant fucking bubble, same thing with the stock market, same way they did with the tech bubble and 2005 housing bubble

>let's give away 30 year loans!
>not like there's a crash once every 10 years or anything
>nothing bad will happen

Make them affordable and not depressing concrete cubes or glass shards.

>drive a car more expensive than your parents
>Living off credit outside your means