Explain how this is not a retarded idea

Explain how this is not a retarded idea

Not even trolling, I'm conservative as hell but this seems ludicrous

Other urls found in this thread:

sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/incident/international-cybercrime-treaty-ratification-1756
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Working with other countries to solve a problem
Change it to the Paris Agreement and liberals would blow him.

how about you explain how it is and we go from there

So is Sup Forums comfortable with Putin's assassinations of reporters and political dissidents? I just want to get a sense of why he's so popular around here.

Russia is a formerly communist, currently authoritarian rival is the US and not our friends in any sense. We have nukes pointed at each other.

As I said, I'm not trolling. I have no agenda. This notion of security collusion with Russia seems just as ludicrous as a project with China.

I'm open to different interpretations.

>seems ludicrous
no shit
>implying the chinese don't network infrastructure manufacture equipment with back doors for chinese hackers.

>cue edgelord responses

>security collusion
>I'm not trolling

explain how trying to stop election hacking is bad, retard

i don't think the Russian governament ordered any hacking but profited from the attacks and were probably faying for info, i still need more unfo on what the anti-cyberattack agreement would actually include, it's like their anti-terror agreement with the Saudis.

paying* *info

>IMPENETRABLE
KEK FAMOUS LAST WORDS

COMPUTERS ARE INHERENTLY UNSECURE, OTHER THAN UNPLUGGING IT FROM THE INTERNET NOTHING IS IMPENETRABLE

AND EVEN THEN THERE ARE PROVEN VULNERABILITIES FOR AIR GAPPED SYSTEMS

JUST APPOINT BARRON SECURITY CZAR, HE'S GOOD WITH CYBER

We're not trying to be friends. We're just trying to establish a mutual existence, especially when we nearly had a candidate who wanted nothing but war with Russia almost become President.

We cooperate in space- an area which we were HUGE rivals in the past. That doesn't mean we exclusively deal with them in space.

im not the OP but can't see how the US "working together" to provide security with a country ruled by an autocrat that's been undermining its cybersecurity seems like a ridiculous notion?

Would a fitting analogy be-coming up with a joint force with North Korea to stop the development of nuclear weapons in North Korea by presumably allowing them access to nuclear weapon research?

Why wouldn't Trump be more inclined to align with modern western democracies that have already experienced widespread russian hacking? What is the Russia boner on here, I really dont fucking get it.

why are you so upset?

Attempting to stop election hacking is not bad, no one said it was. That's an incredibly weak strawman argument.

Attempting to stop election hacking by partnering with the country that's been your primary espionage adversary for 70 years seems unwise.

Even if you don't believe they did anything in the election, do you deny that they have no history of wanting to undermine our country?

Have you heard of the cold war?

>Attempting to stop election hacking by partnering with the country that's been your primary espionage adversary for 70 years seems unwise.

That's the same problem I have with his idea as well. Seems extremely ill-advised.

Is Putin responsible for every death in Russia? Moscow is one of the safest parts of Russia for journalists. If some reporter gets killed by a corrupt police chief in Siberia how is it his fault?

SHARIA BLUEE!!!

CTR!

SLIDE ThREAD!!

HILLARY LOST DEAL WIT IT

MAGA GOD EMPEROR HAIL TRUMP HAIL MY PEOPLE 1488 RACE WAR GAS THE KIKES NOW PRAISE KEK SHADILAY MY BROTHERS

See, anything appears reasonable when the alternative is sufficiently exaggerated. "Hey man, if Trump hadnt been elected we'd all be ash marks on the wall by now!" It's like the more ostensibly nefarious a certain figure or power is, the more excuses Sup Forums will make for them.

A global power vacuum will be filled by Russia. Its incredibly naive to think that Putin wants some sort of benevolent equality.

come back with that argument when you can present the details of the implementation of this agreement

>Have you heard of the cold war?
no

When would be a good time to start making ammends with our enemies? How long should we wait?

I read McMasters explaining on it, so I'm more open to the idea.

So we have discussions with the situation in Syria with Russia. Those discussions leads to ceasefire in Syria. So talking with the russians helps.

Now, likewise, if we can talk with the russians about cyber issues, and agree to not allow it go out of control, that would be great. Because, make no mistake about it, we are hacking them just as much as they do to us. So obviously talking with them would do us good if we stop this from going out of control.

I just want you to do a thought experiment: if as many journalists critical of Hillary Clinton had been killed by D.C. police chiefs over the years, would you take that same line?

Isn't the very fact that reporters are being killed in Russia AT ALL an indication that Putin is unfit for leadership? After all he's the man in charge, is this reality to be admired?

liberals just want eternal war. but of course, they would never fight in those wars.

When they quit behaving as enemies

sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/incident/international-cybercrime-treaty-ratification-1756

This is the kind of stuff he talked to Stone about.

Why are you playing this game? how can your initial instinct not be hesitation or concern? You're deliberately thinking in a vacuum.

Do you think that the Russian government was involved in widespread hacking this election?

>when the alternative is sufficiently exaggerated
She literally asked for Russian planes to be shot down. She was actively threatening Russia. Even if she dialed everything back, the media, her party, and her in particular would still have an anti-Russia agenda. The difference Trump, though, is he's not so keen on attacking Russia verbally or physically. That alone is enough to give us and Russia a chance to cooperate at some level.

>A global power vacuum will be filled by Russia. Its incredibly naive to think that Putin wants some sort of benevolent equality.
Of course, but it's better to acknowledge each other's existence as being permanent and to allow a win for each side here and there to avoid conflict instead of looking for moments to duke to see who has the bigger dick.

>Explain how this is not a retarded idea

Discussing henhouse security with the fox. What could go wrong?

Once again Trump has proved his genius.

You just heard people repeat this retarded statement enough that you automatically believe it. He's killed defectors and traitors, but journalists?

So there will be an intelligence organization that will cover both side's fuck ups at the same time since its equally controlled by both sides?

What could possibly go wrong?

No of course not, because they weren't. According to Obama, the election can't be hacked. The only "hacking" your leaders are talking about is russia targeting voters with fake news.

Well Sup Forums did that just as well. Remember Rato's 5 sex affairs? Would you say that Sup Forums hacked the election? NO! Then neither did Russia.

Its bait. They both know no one messed with the election. So they are now trolling you.

seems like that's what they're doing now

>Why are you playing this game?
Having an opinion is a game?
>how can your initial instinct not be hesitation or concern?
Who said it's not? I still don't see how you can claim our cooperation with Russia to be inherently negative.
>Do you think that the Russian government was involved in widespread hacking this election?
no

>profited from the attacks
>attacks
The dude's password was "password" come on.

/thread

i actually think the US government is the one that hacked the election and utilized tell-tale russian hacking tactics/keystrokes (whatever hack-nerds call it as a signature to their manner of hacking). Other than Podesta's emails. That was podesta being a fucking moron and someone exploiting it

How many articles do I need to provide? Would wikipedia suffice? you can find that yourself but I suspect you'll dismiss them as fake.

But to be clear, are you any less disturbed by killing defectors if the qualifying element of the word is simply criticism of the government? Are you admitting that Putin has had citizens killed and you're ok with it? I just want to understand the ethical foundation youre operating on. Or do you think that Putin is basically a "good guy" either singularly or relative to other world leaders?

They hacked the DNC and state voter registries.

>implying Trump can give Putin any actual information on how US cyber security works

German, don't you have an appointment to go provide german women for refugees rape so they can be culturally enriched?

just use paper ballots. we voted before there were computers. go back to that. i feel like i'm taking crazy pills here.

reliable citation needed. CNN, Al Jazeera, HuffPo or WaPo (or MSNBC obviously) are not currently reliable for the dissemination of factual unbiased information

>paper ballots can't be hacked

that's not even necessary. You cannot hack election machines because there is no way into them, they are not connected to the internet in any manner Just like any computer before the internet was invented.

Ok, so this is what I mean. You don't trust the US government, the media, and the intelligence agencies. Or think theyre one in the same, or you trust some aspect of any of them but think another is sufficiently corrupt that it renders the good intentions of the others moot.

Fine-so why do you not assume that Russia is equally disposed towards corruption and societal domination? Especially when you can see obvious markers of massive local and state wide corruption playing out every year there. Or am I assuming too much? You don't trust Russia any more than you trust the U.S.?

Who do you trust? What would satisfy you? I expected this in an earlier post I just want to know who you consider credible?

Or just voter ID laws. We need IDs to drive, drink, smoke, social security (which is just an unofficial universal ID, really) and so forth. Might as well add one for voting. Fuck politicians who say it's discriminatory. Only people who know full well voter fraud exist actually defend no ID laws.

I think the scantrons should be the standard. If they think there is an anomaly they can recount it by hand.

>don't you have an appointment to go provide german women for refugees rape so they can be culturally enriched?

Show me the way.

Russians are literally bro tier you faggot.

Actual evidence. I would believe CNN or MSNBC if they didn't use "anonymous sources". Credible evidence. Shit, I'd believe regular NBC or ABC if they didn't site anonymous sources and use actual evidence

pretty sure he trolling

Ok so again, clarify- do you think that news agencies are simply lying about what US intelligence agencies have said? Does the FBI have "evidence" or do they have nothing and are just saying "Russia did it"

they probably are, however seeing as the US is the most high-tech in terms of military (Japan only beating them in social aspects), the US would know well before the election if Russia was actually able to do anything to their systems. And if they did, the US was either complicit under Obama, Obama ordered it, or Obama somehow didn't know parts of the deep state were hacking the elections. Either way, russian didn't change a damn thing in the elections if it did hack it other than setting the truth free.

No shit, those are two entirely different issues.

Trump is a 70 year old man who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about and Putin is happy to exploit his stupidity to promote Russian interests.

If Putin wants to work with Trump maybe they should start hammering out an extradition treaty.

>Attacks

Seth Rich LEAKED the information. There was no attack.

Our nukes and their nukes can hit a target in any region of the world. They aren't pointed at each other. Only 70 years ago, the US and the Japanese were at war and both cultures literally despised each other and thought the other was subhuman and that's not an exaggeration. Yet now they're one of our closest allies. Not to say Russia can be our close ally but trying to improve relations with them isn't a bad thing.

we have a nigger problem. they killed themselves in record numbers. you have a growing islam problem who are killing you more than they kill themselves. enjoy sharia while we allow nogs to exterminate themselves here until only the black folks (non niggers) are let to be prosperous civilzed people

>we have a nigger problem

So true.

Welcome to the internet this is what is called a "shitpost" it is meant to rustle your jimmies and it appears that it has in this case

that shows a beaner problem. beaners usually work hard but have too many kids and think that mexico is somehow better than america. so when america does die, it will be beaners fault. at least they'll extinguish the niggers and we'll move to australia where coloreds will eventually be banned and it will become the most advanced civilization ever

How you can claim that the U.S. is already impenetrable technologically? What is the point of Trumps message here? 3D chess? a cover for more important forms of cooperation? What form would that be? We dont know, just go with it? Anything he tweets is to be considered misinformation?

"Hacking the election" isnt changing votes, I wish that term would be put to bed. It means deliberate intrusions into communications from one party and local voter registries etc. Why would Obama condoned the hack or order it when it results in Hillary losing?

You're what's called a "cuckservative", nothing but a neo-con globalist shill, now go back to the "Reagan battalion" or wherever you came from.

its not impenetrable, it simply knows when its being penetrated. Example: A drunk girl passed out has no idea if and when a dick was inside her other than some symptoms. A drugged chick that is still conscious realizes when the dick is inside her while being raped and can at least do something about it afterwords

So...did Obama give it the OK or not? Or James Comey was doing it the whole time? Let's say that's more or less true it was "deep state" op-why would they want to undermine Clinton when Trump is the real threat to the deep state, or so you seem to think?

yup. some people need killing. especially soros/rothschild funded traitors.

Putin did nothing wrong!

Well, it is possible to make software that doesn't have security flaws, by developing the software in a theorem prover and proving the security properties...

It's extremely time consuming, but there have been programs which produced
- A formally verified microkernel (SeL4)
- A formally verified C compiler
- A formally verified mail server
amongst other things..

We're not at the point yet where we can deploy an entire formally verified OS/server stack, but it's getting there.

Checked & agree

>blacks only 13% of the population
>somehow the most important lobby in politics after (((them)))
this is something that absolutely amazes me
why are the hispanics so unimportant (in comparison) ?

>cyber security unit
America will buy Kaspersky anti virus.

That's like saying Trump is responsible for all the killings in the USA because he's the leader.

Or, that random killings NEVER happen in Russia...

Even assuming that there are Russian hackers attacking the us, who's to say they're not Russian neets in their basement?

>Have you heard of the cold war?
Yeah, it ended more than a quarter century ago.

This is my point, you wouldn't be nearly so charitable with who you pin these murders on if the same thing was happening in a country led by someone you disliked politically. Especially Clinton.

We should never work with Germany. Have you heard of WW2?

So the FBI said putin killed journalists?

ITT: What is strategy? What is influence? Why would we want to work with the most adept hackers in the world? Why wouldn't we just keep an adversarial relationship that has never worked?

Jesus Christ, bunch of Neoconservative dumbfucks in this thread.

it is a retarded idea
unless by
>cyber security unit
he means signing agreements that benefit each other in regards to cyber security
but if he plans to let any Russians have access to our security systems than that's just retarded
but he's just the President he isn't directly in charge of security (let alone cyber security) and will float this by the people who are and see what they think
he just said what he thought is a good idea because he's an old man and doesn't really understand computers

?

>cyber police mem
Is he really /oneofus/

Same reason we love Trump.
Alpha AF

The issue with anonymous sources is that half the time it's fucking hearsay and the other is it being a half truth that requires massive amounts of twisting to come to the result they got and no one gets in trouble for the end result. All it takes is one person saying one thing from the FBI for them to run with it.

Three agencies and one political appointee said "we have reason to suspect they may have", and the news agencies said 17 said they absolutely did. You figure it out.

No agency has issued a refutation. There is no dissenting opinion on the matter.

Hackers will never be stopped desu

2 choices
>we can constantly try to outhack each other
>We can communicate and hack each other less often and discover outside attacks quicker

We can try B and if it doesn't work we can go back to A

That's their excuse for linking it to the DNC only to maake the RNC took untouched, attacks are happening continuously and especially during election time because that's when the "black market" is the hottest for blackmail material or sensitive info. The RNC was under attacked too but they obviously had defense just like the DNC but they had Podesta and other illegal and even classified info on their DNC servers

>have a formally verified OS
>but people is still lazy and stupid

yeah so its useless

Thank you, person with classified nuclear military knowledge

As someone who works in IT it's depressing watching everyone whip themselves up in a hysteria over phishing. The CIA leaks show how formidable American hacking skills are, but also how weak our data security is. The sad fact is that Democrats only screech about Russia because they fell for a phishing attack, but how many Americans had their identities stolen?

The Clinton Cabal is well known world wide for their murders & cover ups.

WikiLeaks has shown us what the CIA is capable of. ie. Making hacking attempts seemingly originate from an country the hacker picks.

Putin/Russia may not be the most idyllic of Nations or governments. However, having them as in informal ally is much better than having them a sworn enemy & starting WW3. The more peaceful the relations are between all countries, the better the world will be.

The move to bring peace to the world has to be started somewhere. It won't be done over night. It will be made one step at a time. Any slight push that gets the ball rolling for peace is a good thing.

Nice try CNN.

>let's get our security system built by literally our biggest adversary

Most common password:

p@ssw0rd

Wait do you not understand what demographic you're talking to here? With Hillary it's not that we hate her on some specific kill index regarding journalists, we HATE her because of many specific kill indexes regarding so much shit she touches. The globalists (HRC included) have revealed themselves to be nothing above vile regarding what they will do for their agenda.
If a Russian oligarch sees the classic enemy of my enemy situation the current American-Russian political sphere is showcasing with our shared enemy being the globalists, who cares if he's a strongman in his own turf. If it means keeping HRC and the evil that comes with her out of office and cut off from spreading their tendrils, then I'll let my funny American businessman grow guardedly chummy with former KGB Russian oligarch and not worry about it too much, as my attention lies at home with traitors first.

>biggest adversary
China is the biggest adversary. Coincidentally, China is also Russias biggest adversary.

pic related

>so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded...
He should have changed "guarded" to "guaranteed"

The end of tensions has to start somewhere. Cooperation is the first step. A US/Russian alliance is very desirable.

how come everyone if ok with RT but CNN is major propoganda fucktards?