The beast 2.0

Trump era state car spotted testing

The GM contract was supposed to end months ago but (typical GM) it is still under development

Will be unveiled this year

Other urls found in this thread:

motoroids.com/features/check-out-us-president-donald-trumps-new-cadillac-limousine/
youtube.com/watch?v=FmpfrxpTvkY
youtube.com/watch?v=JcKXP3lkmJw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invacar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

motoroids.com/features/check-out-us-president-donald-trumps-new-cadillac-limousine/

>no archive

It's been delayed because of some last minute changes requested by the president.

youtube.com/watch?v=FmpfrxpTvkY

And whoever drives that thing has to be able to pull J-turns with it.

What does that weigh, like 15,000lbs?

What happens if you scan it with a QR reader?

Even if that's wet, you could get another 1000lbs of people in there easy.

Wow. Must be fun to practice getting hektic in that.

Looks like a bunch of birds shat on it.

think it would be way cooler if they put a Chevy badge on the front instead of a Caddy one.

What the fuck is that thing? I've never seen this before

Trump should go baller and debadge it. Maybe that was one of the last-minute requests.

Dazzle camo. Makes it hard for Motortrend to take pics of the details of prototype cars.

t. Live by the Ford Proving Grounds and see these fuckers everywhere.

interesting thanks for sharing

Suspension is going to get a fucking workout though, that's like APC levels of weight

Oh.

Built (((Especially for Trump))) huh???

It worked better when cameras weren't as good. Now it just looks silly.

Ah, I thought it looked like the old ww1 dazzle camo, but I thought that would be retarded.

Looks like a queer gay faggot car, real men drive pic related.

Imagine how baller it would look it it had the Escala design language

They used to use that kind of camo on boats, right? Made it harder for subs to figure out how many boats and which way they where facing, iirc

Happy to help on a subject I know about.

Now, something something faggot.

Security variants of those cars have everything cranked to 11 to compensate for all the weight. They get like 4 MPG though

I assume it's got solid tires and heavy duty truck suspension. Looks like it's got a decent few inches of bounce travel as it is, but rly maeks you wonder if it has some kind of cartoonish amount of droop you can jump it without shattering all the windows.

this user is right

True. It still messes with most phone cams pretty well.

The Big 3 got the idea from the WW! ships, if I was told correctly.

It made ranging the ship for attack harder. They did it WWII with the merchants and had a significant reduction in hull loses after.

Shatterproof windows. High tiers of bulletproof glass can take a fucking 40mm

Screwed with the ranging optics which used a split field.

Where are the poisoned taco launchers hidden on this model?

nifty paint job. If I scan it with my phone do i get free shit?

I'm confused what the design is supposed to do.

I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just...at what point would an actual APC be more viable?

Friend of mine used to buy old military and industrial vehicles and grabbed an armor plated jeep once -- like a regular consumer type one. Holy fuck was that thing hell to push out of the snow.

Not very good acceleration or fuel mileage.

It looks like it would help a camera autofocus like it's a test chart desu

No, it was meant for Hillary, but she lost...

It's also EMP shielded, fucking CBRN hardened (you can drive it through fallout), runflats, the trunk has a fridge that can be accessed in the cabin that contains 5 pints of the President's blood type, is built on a truck chasis renforced with military grade tanks steel and likely can survive a TOW hit (although that's above my paygrade).

>bulletproof glass can take a fucking 40mm

yeah that sounds about ridiculous. i can see .50 but you're telling me this thing can fend off AA??

I've thought about doing the El cheapo version of this by adding some AR500 plates to the side panels and behind the drivers seat of my tacoma, you know, for reasons

They are obviously more viable, but it's about the demand. Primary market is third world dictators and foreign dignitaries.

kek

looks like some DARPA shit

They one of these cars on futureweapons years ago, the glass warped in like a foot like a cannon hitting something in a cartoon, but it didn't shatter.

Well if yo do then don't take off the tow hooks. Jesus. Three guys pushing with one at the wheel and we could only tug it gently because there was no way to hook to an A-arm or something without bashing up the fascia so we had to use the front antiroll bar.

OH AND GJ USING OPEN DIFFS FRONT AND BACK THAT REALLY HELPS

I dont trust it. Engineers always trying to fix stuff that isnt broken to justify their pay.

Why do we suddenly need a new one. Why is it we need some new design now that Trump is president.

I dont trust it.

the thing has torque
youtube.com/watch?v=JcKXP3lkmJw

>I've thought about doing the El cheapo version of this by adding some AR500 plates to the side panels and behind the drivers seat of my tacoma, you know, for reasons
you wanna armor up a pickup you really need something with a diesel, or a diesel suv like an expedition would be ideal for something like that

You saying they are going to Deathstar Trump?

err diesel 4x4 excursion, not expedition, though youll be able to get a diesel expedition soon enough

>Why do we suddenly need a new one
Upgraded threats/capability and lower operating costs. Older specialty vehicles like these becomes more expensive to maintain than to develop and buy new ones as most of their parts are bespoke and made in limited batches. Once inventory starts running low, they either have to restart production for a handful of parts (not worth it), or find a replacement part from secure channels (also not worth it).

>because niggers smell

But does it turn? That is the question.

I've done emp hardening on helicopters, that shit's a pain in the fucking dick

Nah man, nothing that extreme, more like the plates they sell for personal body armor so like 16lbs per panel. I don't have the cash to upgrade everything else but I'm certain the stock suspension can handle that with minor changes in handling characteristics.

and its fake

Nothing wrong with reasons :D

Bush smelled a bit too. Obama had to get the old white stank out, so he commissioned a new one.

It's also a good marketing tool for the American motor industry. GM, Ford, and Chrysler bid on contracts to build a new Presidential limo every 8 years or so. They plug in their product's design language to shill for their luxury brands and make their logo as obnoxiously large as possible.

Odds that Trump will break up government motors bringing an auto renewal not seen since the mid 60's?
I'm tired of GM making garbage, let the true geniuses work unrestricted again

I think I found a picture from the experiment.

I mean, you just never know right?

>3 wheels on a 4 side car
What could possibly go wrong

It's not just a truck suspension, it's an actual truck frame and all...custom hand built body, sitting on a 3500 frame, identical to 'The Beast', Obummers ride the last 8 odd years...

It breaks up the details/outline of parts of the car so it's harder to visually understand what it looks like.

The human eye just sees noise. It's a car shape, but you can't discern the lines and curves that make it more distinct and set it apart from other cars.

It's his "fuck you I am money" car

looks gay, like drumpf

Yeah but sports cars also have all fancy frills and eye catching lines and shit. This is obviously the presidential limo. Nobody cares if it has a new spoiler and fog lights for this year's model.

It's not like they're hiding the ICBMs or something.

It matters when you can charge $10,000 for re-applying the paint job every time it gets dirty or whatever.

This is what the pattern looks like when you get closer

>Obummers ride the last 8 odd years...

You can't, I mean you just can't get out the permanent odor of Afro sheen, undo the damage from streaks of KFC grease, and still find every single watermelon seed if you run it through another backscatter x-ray and contract out to DARPA for any possible solutions.

You really just have to start over.

I've just faraday caged some solid state electronics (my vacuum tube radios are EMP hardened by the nature of vacuum tubes) but I cannot imagine having to shield an entire helo. Yuck.

WHAT THE FUCK ISTHAT VEHICLE COVERED IN? SO UNPLEASANT TO LOOK AT.

Nigger-repellent camo.

its actually a 6500 kodiak frame

It's actually even more cucky than a Reliant Robin, these were government issue disabled people cars.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invacar

I mean I get it, Obama was a turbo-nigger, but I think we can all agree fried chicken is pretty fucking awesome

film > digital

My grandma's fried chicken was to die for. KFC is a bucket of grease sponges.

The Colonel's secret recipe was for how to kill niggers.

And also, how the fuck is America to project its dick if our leader is riding around in a 10 year old truck?

>Park a 2008 Limo at a NATO Summit
>Next to Merkle's 2017 Mercedes

Hey that's racist. Also, depends on how you cook yardbird. Some places it's downright disgusting.

The paint job is supposed to make it more difficult for onlookers to discern the shape of the vehicle

Digital can do some amazing things, but it just never gets as feely as good film. I'll always regret not winning the lottery to take the photography alternative in high school.

It's already more viable, It's just not good optics for the leader of your country to be cruising around in a military vehicle. Something more subtle and professional is better looking. Same reason why the USSS dresses in suits with concealed weapons instead of the president always being surrounded by armed soldiers.

The only way to consume fried foods is to fry it yourself. Also weisswurst is fucking delicious my natsoc friend.

>how the fuck is America to project its dick
Speak softly, and carry a big stick. We need to upgrade as technology allows, not for public opinion.

I think I saw one of those on American Pickers.

Thanks for the read.

YEARS BEHIND op

shame on you peddling this as new to 2017

his link is a pajeet site too

Really? Probably knew that, but forgot...I do know that it isn't a 'car', or 'limo' in any sense...far more truck than car...
Thanks for the correction...

The 6500 Kodiak frame ended in 2009, but of course if that's what it is then they could easily make some one-offs.

I drove one for several thousands miles and was very impressed at how it handled. I literally thought I was going to die a few times, didn't even have time to pray for my life but only think my only resort would be to pretend it was a race car, and each time it just took it in stride.

I was very impressed, and that was a bigass fixed-length truck, not a custom presidential limo.

I've seen somewhere a company that makes like large sheets of Kevlar, like towel sized. Dunno if they are still around, but that might be a good idea to up armor something

Correction. Apparently lots of defense companies do. Not uncommon for it to be sold by the yard

Shop around.

It's only supposed to hide the lines, which is smart for a new make of a consumer car but doesn't really make sense for Cadillac

pretty sure its a wrap. i live in detroit and see these all the time

*First Cadillac