Is Dark Souls an ultimately RedPilled game?

Dark Souls is first and foremost, a game about tradition - long before you even find out the reasons for tradition in the game, you follow them. You don't have to, and the game doesn't force you, but if you want to get anywhere, you do so obediently.

You begin as one of thousands before you, and what will be thousands after, you have no voice of your own because you don't need to say anything, you only need to listen and absorb, and that is precisely what you do in every sense of the word.

The story is simple but poignant - In the beginning, there was darkness - the world was ruled by nothing but ancient trees and dragons (chaos), but a light came into the world, and 4 creatures took hold of its power. 3 of the creatures worked together to kill all of the dragons (early days of humanity, the world is nothing but chaos and problems to be solved (dragons)), but eventually the dragons were defeated, and under the light that came into the world, the 3 godlike creatures built grand and amazing kingdoms, and the 4th creature, which did not participate begat all normal humans thereafter.
(represents modern humans - we are the beneficiaries of the huge efforts of our ancestors to tame the earth and defeat the dragons).

Which brings us to the game's beginning - the light of the world is fading, and when it does, darkness will return, and it is your job to suffer again and again and again, over and over and over until you defeat every monster, learn every lesson, grow as powerful as you can so that you may sacrifice yourself to keep that fire burning just a little bit longer. If you give up (which is absolutely an option) you turn hollow like everyone else in the game who gave up (becoming a bluepilled zombie, shuffling around from place to place, achieving nothing of value - the extremely hollow do nothing but sit still, unable to die).

Is this not the perfect metaphor for what needs to be done in order to preserve the west?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrbZc-J0-Z4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dark souls is a blackpilled game.

Many will try to keep the fire (civilization) going, but ultimately it will fade.

I thought of the same thing last week after watching VaatiVidya.

if you keep linking the fire the world ultimately still self destructs via entropy (age of the deep)

It's pretty apolitical, what is better is subjective and it seems the primordial serpents may outright be lying to you.

That is the ultimate lesson of the games, yes, and the reason there's exactly 3 of them.

But the main question it poses, before we get to that nihilistic entropic end, is this...

Is it worth going through all of that, just to keep the fire burning a little bit longer?
Each time it's done, it lasts less than it did the first time it was linked.

But just because the end is inevitable - do you give up right away at the first game, and don't bother to link the fire that 2nd time?

Or do you struggle every single time to link it?

It's not a question with a correct answer.
Which is the best kind of question.

That's only 1 of 2 possible endings. You can also kill the original source of the flame and then refuse to link the fire, causing the flame to die out forever, ushering a new age of darkness with you as the black emperor

I can see that your JBP-ing, but Id advise you not to apply his lens to every piece of media; not everything is mythological correct-- so to speak.

You're also missing the fundamental point of dark souls. The happy ending is bringing the age of dark/age of man. The world is dying because gwyn refuses to let go, to see that everything is suffering because of his decisions.

Fire is literally characterized the whole time as being this harsh, all consuming, bewitching, malicious entity.

>VaatiVidya
That's an excellent series.

>The happy ending is bringing the age of dark/age of man
That's SUPER debatable. Look at what happens to men as they degenerate into their primordial, dark-embraced state. The fact is that the fire, as embodied by Gwyn and other godly beings, IS civilization - the allegory essentially argues that to become civilized is for man to approach the gods (not just in the context of dark soul's own universe).

I am, and everything can be seen that way, but obviously only if there's a point to it / a lesson to be learned, rather than just for the fuck of it / to appear smart.

And yes, that's another component - the end of the light doesn't specifically mean the end of the world, just the end of the world as it's known to be thus far.

>That's SUPER debatable.
Exactly, and they leave it incredibly ambiguous as to what happens next - there is no sequel, because, in order to make a sequel, they'd need to know what would happen to our own world if civilisation fell.

Maybe a new age of light will come along.

Or maybe this is it, and we're talking fermi-paradox-tier filters.

It seems unlikely, based on the behavior of dark-immersed humans, that anything resembling civilization would occur after the fire fades completely.

Those sort of pictures as such cringe.

The Primordial Serpents are Jews. They're lying to you. Kaath and Frampt are the same organism in fact, two heads on the same Hydra.
Link the fire and you burn your soul. You will die, and another will need to take your place, but wait. All the Gods are finally dead by your hand. What will come of the world when you're gone? You've ensured that the only powerful entities are now the serpents. Choose the dark end? The hydra reveals itself, the Gods are all dead, the fire is gone, and now the world descends into an era of chaos, again with only the serpents being all powerful.

In the era of the Dragons, the world was perfect. All was in order. The Dragons were a perfect power structure and there was stability.
The Primordial Serpents instigated the Lords into fighting the Dragons and begin the era of fire, which the serpents knew was doomed to fail.

Its literally: Fight for nothing and get Jewed: The Game

>redpill

sure thing boyo

but the linking of the fire only harms humanity.

it is a shrewd trick of a goal played upon us by the gods who have damned humanity with the dark sign, for they feared that humanity would have enough power to usurp them.

The age of darkness is the age of man. to extinguish the flame is to sever the ring of fire curse which contains the abyss in the darksign from growing to its true form.

They tell you that linking the fire is a noble sacrifice to save the world, but no. its a fool's errand to keep the gods who would curse man in power, while giving nothing more than a shallow fading illusion for humanity to hold onto, instead of traveling forward into their age of power.

I agree that they represent tradition and civilization, but not necessarily good/correct ones. Every being associated with the fire is portrayed pretty horrifically: gwyn is a ghoul, nito is death incarnate, the four kings are corrupted shells, seathe is an amoral lunatic, gwyndolin (and anor londo by extension) are both personification of lies-- it goes on and on. I feel that the message lies more in the fact that the hollowed have to overcome the gods, learn from them (literally taking/consuming their souls) and bring about a new age of chaotic potential, lest everything rot away.

Ironically, that fits a JBP model of interpretation really well.

reminder that DS1 is the only game in the series which has coherent lore and that 2 and 3 are basically fanfiction and don't make sense in the least

I wan play dark souls...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrbZc-J0-Z4

>somebody who has never played 3, or looked into it for more than 5 seconds

Not true at all, they are there to answer a lot of questions and do.

thats the fate of the weak when they touch the abyss, but not the fate of all.

Dark Souls II tells you what it is right up front. They tell you that you don't know why you're pursuing your goal, and you won't understand it when you get there. Its a 4th wall breaking critique of the player that loosely tried to tie in some elements from the first game.

Dark Souls 3 was supposed to show an evolved, devolved world from the prior games, showing how things had changed. I don't think it worked well.
Neither successive title did justice to the first.

Dark souls 1 should've ended the franchise. It was too popular for its own good.

he's right though.

blood borne is the true redpill

Fun fact the Fire will never fade Gwyn won now one knows how to break the cycle and never will.

Linking the fire prolongs the age of fire it's true. But it also prolongs the age of dark. The longer fire exists the longer it will go out.

>dying for Israel
The only right answer in this thread. Serpents won, get over it

The Jews Fear the Samurai

Dark souls 2 is such dog shit

>not devouring the flame to become lord of hollows.
I'd say that ended it pretty well

>anyone disagreeing with this post
Fucking DS3 niggers need to be incinerated

I admire his model, I just try to use it sparingly

Bloodborne is the true red pilled fromsoftware game, faggot

dark souls should have never existed Demon Souls was the real series

Cmon m8. Ds1 was cool, but go back and play it and you'll realize you're just blinded by nostalgia

This

One problem, OP: the "good" ending is to let the fire die and usher in the Age of Dark yourself, at least in the first game. The Gods of Dark Souls are liars (and degenerates, counting Gwydolin) and deserve to be usurped by Humanity.

lord I hope another blood borne gets made.
>let the good blood guide your way

Redpill only if u do Kaathe ending. Frampt ending is bluepill af

Hmm, I wonder who these guys represent

>and now the world descends into an era of chaos, again with only the serpents being all powerful.
I disagree, all the Serpents bow to you at the end and call you Emperor. If they were truly the only all-powerful ones, they would have no need for such a charade and they would just fight or kill you at the end. Because they bow to you, and only you, I would say that the Chosen Undead transcended the Age of Fire successfully and the Age of Dark (Humanity) is unknown simply because it is all yours to shape.

Bloodborne is redpilled.
>Nothing changes. Such is the nature of man.
>t. Brador

>go back and play it and you'll realize you're just blinded by nostalgia
I replay at least once every year, faggot. Go fuck yourself with that pile of shit, (((Dark Souls 3))). Fucking game is garbage, you stupid faggot.
I want you to realize that your ignorant brain is unable to grasp proper art, fucking worthless trash.

The serpents live forever. They don't need to to immediate action, they've been plotting this for longer than the Gods have been Gods. They know you the player will die. Letting you think you have some degree of control is merely another deception.

Well, that's just like, your opinion man. Anyways, if that is true then the Serpents win either way. So it is better for the player to usher in Dark, if only for their own immediate benefit.
The only reason to do the Age of Fire ending in Dark Souls 1 is so that you have greater symbolism for the final boss in Dark Souls 3.

Yes

Smough is USA

Ornstein is Israel

Both are teamed up and guarding an illusory lady of liberty in a walled in police state.

The illusion of this woman is perpetuated by a literal serpentine tranny who has the Crescent Moon as his symbol.
Miyazaki knew exactly what he was doing.

Aren't all humans a shard of some guy and everything is going to shit because people keep preventing the fire from fading so the abyss gets stronger and also there's some shit about the deep and the world being covered in water this shit makes no sense.

The true redpill is the gameplay. It mimics the Hero's journey

damn...

I take it I should never play the later two games

>Implying darksouls isn't anti western propaganda...
Gwyn is literally a caricature of western patriarchy. The creators of the saga are literally laughing at our "father's" failure to maintain civilization. Those he controls have literally fallen to degeneracy; they've gone hallow...

This is was Japan sees when they look at western countries and their leaders.

None of you niggas prefer Demons Souls? That's my fave

>let us cleanse these foul streets

In the second ending you snuff out the flame, but the firekeeper tells you that she see small flames burning. By refusing to link the fire you usher in a new age where the flame revitalizes without the linking of the flame. Basically you let civilization die in order to build it again better and more pure

Jordan Peterson as Gwyn is a bad metaphor.
He's the chosen undead.

This is all occult bullshit. Dragons represent the force of nature, which civilized degenerates hate, because it ruthlessly weeds out the corrupt and the weak. We tamed ourselves, not the Earth. Now we are the pets of the worthless and the sick.

>tfw no eyes on the inside to see nth dimensions
>tfw no insight

>I disagree and blah blah the serpents aren't vile scheming cunts
The you're an idiot.

You should kill yourself

playing video games is a redpilled activity like watching football is a sport

/thread, seriously. This was the WHOLE point to Dark Souls.

Eyeballs have rods and cones. Alex memes says your amygdalla or some part of your brain has rods or cones. Take the meditation pill user.

>playing word games like a whore trying to turn a trick is red pilled

so enlightening
WTF im a faggy online useful idiot now

>video game
>redpilled

I regret spending hours on gaming so should you. It's never too late.

>mtf transgender diety who either has some kind of magic hormones shit going on or magic breast implants somehow
>ability to choose sex while also having a seperate hormone slider
>sex change coffin in dark souls 2
>ring that lets you have the mannerisms of the opposite sex in dark souls 3

Do you regret the hours you spent watching movies or television shows as well?

The universe is blackpilled, it all ends in heat death

We are all doomed to ash as the fire fades but only by self sacrifice can the light keep going. And if its not you then another will link the flame instead.

After every blackpill there is another redpill - you can always get back on your feet and show the world you will not be broken.